This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top01-07-2009 03:45:13 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Re: Favorite Cancelled Show

This was canceled forever ago, but I really miss Sex and the City. No other show manages to find the right mix of comedy, class and drama. Sigh.

20 threads dead so far.

#52 | Back to Top01-07-2009 10:04:58 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Alithea wrote:

Of cartoons I have to say I really miss Rocko's Modern Life. I really wish Nickelodeon would release that to dvd.

UNEDITED.

Let me say that again.

UN. EDIT. ED.

The show got hacked to pieces when they re-ran it on Nicktoons/The N/Noggin. Then there's all the things they messed with after the initial Nickelodeon run. That was a REALLY dirty show passing itself off as kid's programming. school-devil

Epee_724 wrote:

Teen Titans (screw you Ben10), that show was awesome, with its rampant pop culture referances and surprisingly dark sense of humor.

I loved Teen Titans! I wished it didn't end, but I'm glad the series ended the way it did. (I either ignore the movie or stick it further back in the timeline.) Instead of bringing it back, I'd like to see another reboot of the series that falls in the DCAU instead of its own continuity.

And put it on AdultSwim to give the writers a bit more freedom. The ending would've worked for a SEASON finale maybe but not a series finale.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#53 | Back to Top01-10-2009 05:27:29 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Riri-kins wrote:

I miss The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest...mainly because I was such a huge Hadji fangirl.  etc-wankgirl

Jonny Quest emot-dance also hadji rules.

Also I am watching/rematching Married with children right now....so damn funny.

I also wish that Futurama would continue it's tv shows.... the movies are funny but I still miss the shows emot-frown

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (01-10-2009 05:33:38 AM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#54 | Back to Top01-10-2009 02:29:42 PM

BalamiyaVardihi
High Tripper

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

I also wish that Futurama would continue it's tv shows.... the movies are funny but I still miss the shows emot-frown

Speaking of that, why did Futurama get cancelled but not The Simpsons?

Twirling round with this familiar parabol
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and
Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

#55 | Back to Top01-11-2009 01:47:41 AM

End of the Tour
Ballgoer

BalamiyaVardihi wrote:

Speaking of that, why did Futurama get cancelled but not The Simpsons?

The Simpsons is too profitable.  I'm sure Fox would under-market it and then cancel it if they could.

Slightly more seriously, I have heard it said that good shows get canceled because the people who actually pay attention to any given show are always in the vast minority.  The majority of Americans apparently leave the TV on as pleasant background noise, so anything that requires you to pay even a moderate amount of attention is pretty much doomed.  The Simpsons gives viewers a somewhat familiar setting and a lot of obvious, cheap gags, and it doesn't move quite as fast as Futurama.  (Of course, the poor marketing and placement probably still have a lot to do with it.)

Sometimes life is about making difficult sandwiches.

#56 | Back to Top01-11-2009 03:16:42 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

I own this. Seriously. emot-biggrin  Clarissa was awesome, I grew up with that show.  And Pete & Pete.  (I have season one of that also, still need 2.) Sadly, Nickelodeon only ever released season 1 of Clarissa, and 1 & 2 of Pete & Pete on DVD before dropping their "Nick Rewind" line altogether. emot-mad  Apparently the sales numbers didn't justify continuing it.  I'm pretty sure there were another few shows released in that short-lived line... I think Are You Afraid of the Dark? was another.

Ugh, you just reminded me of how pissed off I am, that Disney hasn't released the second half of the second series of Gargoyles on DVD and likely never will. It's just...dammit! There was also a lot more to the show than was ever made, thanks to the crappy third season that ruined a lot of things and effectively killed the show. Which is what happens, I suppose, when the creator isn't around to keep an eye on things. emot-gonk

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#57 | Back to Top01-11-2009 02:08:47 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Clarice wrote:

Ugh, you just reminded me of how pissed off I am, that Disney hasn't released the second half of the second series of Gargoyles on DVD and likely never will. It's just...dammit! There was also a lot more to the show than was ever made, thanks to the crappy third season that ruined a lot of things and effectively killed the show. Which is what happens, I suppose, when the creator isn't around to keep an eye on things. emot-gonk

There are the comics, but it's not the same. emot-frown

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#58 | Back to Top01-11-2009 04:45:02 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

I miss Freakazoid. Yeah, sure, it was pure silliness back then, but that, and along with Animaniacs had some great parodies of celebrities and Hollywood.

And I can never forget this scene.

#59 | Back to Top01-11-2009 06:32:10 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Ragnarok wrote:

Clarice wrote:

There are the comics, but it's not the same. emot-frown

Oh, Just an FYI.... the shit-tacular Season 3 is Not Canon after the first episode. Word of God declared it as such.  The comics are, though.

And for the Gargoyles fans: The Gargoyles Wiki Project.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#60 | Back to Top01-11-2009 08:29:01 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I'll miss Moral Orel.

#61 | Back to Top01-12-2009 12:06:53 AM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Monster Garage. God, that show was frakking awesome.

Also, the *ENTIRE* DCAU. ;_; Gone far too soon for my liking, it was.

Last edited by onsenmark (01-12-2009 12:16:40 AM)

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#62 | Back to Top01-12-2009 01:48:32 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Oh, Just an FYI.... the shit-tacular Season 3 is Not Canon after the first episode. Word of God declared it as such.  The comics are, though.

I just got the first comic. emot-dance God bless Amazon.com...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#63 | Back to Top01-12-2009 09:29:43 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

digimon got cancelled here.
and shin chan.

I miss those shows. ;__;

#64 | Back to Top01-12-2009 06:14:43 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Clarice wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I just got the first comic. emot-dance God bless Amazon.com...

Awesome.emot-dance

#65 | Back to Top01-12-2009 11:24:47 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Notebook Darling wrote:

digimon got cancelled here.
and shin chan.

I miss those shows. ;__;

Be the best Bastard you can be!

#66 | Back to Top01-14-2009 10:26:41 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Another one is Highlander

#67 | Back to Top01-17-2009 08:01:31 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Rae wrote:

I miss Freakazoid. Yeah, sure, it was pure silliness back then, but that, and along with Animaniacs had some great parodies of celebrities and Hollywood.

And I can never forget this scene.

I had an extremely unhealthy crush on Freakazoid. I think he was the first animated character I ever fell in love with, but only because I didn't start watching Sailor Moon until a year or two later.

Seriously, it's been almost 15 years and I'm still pissed about it and Earthworm Jim getting canceled.

#68 | Back to Top01-17-2009 09:54:54 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Just Shoot Me, Malcolm in the Middle, Boy Meets World, Friends.

Last episodes usually depress me, but I'm still waiting for them to cancel Monk so we can find out who killed Trudy. Then after I know who did it, and can have a proper spaz attack about it being over.

#69 | Back to Top01-19-2009 01:37:09 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

I miss the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon from the early 90s, it was so dark and way past cool

I heard that True Blood may get canceled. I certainly hope not, I love that show.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#70 | Back to Top01-19-2009 06:58:09 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I used to stay up past midnight to watch those old Sonic cartoons. It was very kiddie-ish, but sometimes that's not such a bad thing.

Sonic: "Hey, Tails, what are you doing?"
Tails: "I'm going to jump off this bridge on a skateboard into a busy freeway so that I can travel back in time!"
Sonic: "NO, Tails! Don't do THAT! emot-aaa --- Wear a helmet and knee pads!"
Tails: "Okay!" *Scene ends just as Tails is about to jump*

^ Win. Sonic Underground was another good one, but I don't know if it was ever aired at a time other than when everyone was in school. Namik and Sonia (?) never really showed up in any series outside of that.

#71 | Back to Top01-20-2009 03:07:08 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Caroline in the City.

#72 | Back to Top01-20-2009 11:34:46 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Arrested Development
Firefly

What the fuck, FOX.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter names off all the shows that FOX canceled within the time period during which they were canceled. I can't find the clip because YouTube sucks.

#73 | Back to Top01-20-2009 03:24:07 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Trench Kamen wrote:

Arrested Development
Firefly

What the fuck, FOX.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter names off all the shows that FOX canceled within the time period during which they were canceled. I can't find the clip because YouTube sucks.

I know. I miss firefly so much. It was just getting good! THe movie helped, but we still didn't ever find out what was up with Shepard, and also it would have been more interesting to see things build more slowly over the course of a TV series as opposed to the plot unraveling so quickly in the movie.

20 threads dead so far.

#74 | Back to Top01-21-2009 03:23:53 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I *loved* the hospital Simon used to work in. It makes me salivate. So much tech. emot-biggrin

#75 | Back to Top01-22-2009 12:34:02 AM

StarlightArcher
Miki Molester

The show's been off the air forever, but I loved the Crow: Stairway to Heaven. Really corny, like most Saturday serials, but man was Mark Dacascos hot back in them days!! I'd stay up till 2am to watch through hazy antenna-snow, that is till I got caught staying up too late. emot-rolleyes

I also spent much of my pre-teen years wishing the cartoon channel would quit screwing with my Batman: The Animated Series! It didn't need a face lift every other season. It was just fine the way it was. Leave it alone and let Mark Hamil drive this one! I still wish they'd stop revamping. Leave my nostalgic memories alone man, it ain't cool.

Why yes, I am made of Fabulous!

Board footer