This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-05-2008 02:35:35 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

The Desperately-Needed Homework Help thread

So, uh, I have to write two English papers by tomorrow. And I don't get a break even though I was horribly sick for a week [which is to be expected *sigh*].

I'm sure there are others in the same boat as I am here, or would at least like some help from the ones who know more about what you are having trouble with.

My problems, let me show you them:

Lady N's problems wrote:

For English Composition, I need to write an essay in which I agree with Mary Wollstonecraft that girls should receive the same educational opportunities as boys, but disagree that they should be educated together. In other words, I need to show how the quality of education might be improved when the genders are separated. See, now, I know that seems kinda easy. "DUH, ERIN, WOMEN ARE EQUAL TO MEN AND DESERVE WHATEVER MEN HAVE BECAUSE THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. D:" Well, it is pretty hard to write 1000 words and still stay on topic. I need a solution to how to keep that stream of raging feminist going while staying on track.

For Grammar, I have to write a much shorter essay [300+ words] about something from everyday life and evaluate it. I either hate it or love it -- no middle ground. I chose stage parents. However, I am having second thoughts, because again, I don't know how to stay on track or write 300+ words about the abominations of stage parents. I could go on about gay rights, but frankly, I think that is too controversial right now, and I do not want to risk myself and my reputation. I was wondering if anybody was willing to throw out some examples of horrible stage parents and the children who grew up in the spotlight and children who had very bad things happen to them for being in pageants? [Other than JonBenet, because I already have her.]

And once I'm done with that, I have to write another 300+ essay about how my prose works. I may need a grammar geek to help me out here. ;o;

I would really appreciate help with these, my friends. And feel free to ask me or anybody else for help with other subjects, too! etc-love

[haaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp meeeeeeeeee]

#2 | Back to Top10-05-2008 03:14:52 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: The Desperately-Needed Homework Help thread

Rather than letting your points come naturalistically, maybe you should get really artificial and write out a point by point list of things you want to talk about.  Point A, Point B, through Point YY and ZZ.  Then rearrange them into the order that seems like it'll flow smoothly and write your way into the next point as you go along.

If point A is girls and boys can learn the same stuff, and B through D are examples that demonstrate this is true, whil point E is how somebody at some time said this wasn't true, you can stitch it together with a "However" and it may feel cheap, but it's acceptabe and works.  You can also make digressions into your personal experiences by simply shifting over to first person.  The magic of "I."

But, seriously, structure first, then fill in the gaps with sentences.  Hope that helps.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#3 | Back to Top10-05-2008 04:01:56 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hmmm!  Those are a couple topics I've never really thought about; thank you for posting about them!  emot-smile

I like Daytripper's suggestion of coming up with a bunch of bullet points and arranging them to taste.  If you're having trouble coming up with bullet points, it's helpful to remember that a persuasive argument often approaches its thesis from several points of view.  A case study like JonBenet covers the real-life angle and provides evidence that what you're saying is true; it probably belongs immedately after a paragraph about whatever aspect of stage parenting you think JonBenet exemplifies, with a transition like "The problem of XYZ is not just philosophical; it is terrifyingly real.  JonBenet Ramsey was born in . . ."  (Or you could organize it the other way, first telling JonBenet's story and then abstracting principles from it.  This would do a better job "hooking" readers but runs the risk of making the point with less power.)

But there are other points of view to come at the problem from as well -- for instance, do people with stage parents grow up normally?  With JonBenet, tragically, we will never know what long-term effects her childhood stage career might have had on her psyche.  But many child stars do grow up, and you could examine them to make your point.  Macaulay Culkin was arrested for possession of marijuana and Xanax.  (On the other hand, Shirley Temple grew up to be a well respected United States diplomat and ambassador, but you don't have to talk about that.)  Or the personal angle: maybe you can find a quote from a child star in which they talk about the adverse effects their early fame had on their lives, and then elaborate on that?

As for the other essay, that's tricky!  Building up a full feminist head of steam is going to be tough if you're actually disagreeing with Mary Wollstonecraft, who is a feminist icon for good reason.  If you want to take the feminist angle, you have the interesting challenge of finding a feminist way to support gender apartheid in classrooms.  Maybe make the argument that because society teaches men and women different sets of skills, their educational needs are incompatible?  (You'd back this up with some research, or at least a few sentences of good solid common sense, about in what way men and women have different socially constructed skill sets.)  This approach has the advantage of allowing you to spend a paragraph railing against a society that treats men and women so differently that teaching them in separate classrooms is necessary.  Talk a lot about how educational institutions are male-dominated and thus will be targeted to males even if women are in the classroom, unless the institutions are run by women for women.  That seems like a reasonable riff on the perspective of a lot of the feminists I read in college.

Or you can just be overtly sexist and talk about how men are brutes who will hold women back and never give them any peace, or go the other direction and say that men are brutes who will be distracted by the beautiful women who share their classrooms, rendering the men unable to learn.

Just off the top of my head emot-smile

#4 | Back to Top10-06-2008 11:10:53 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Repetition, my dear.  It may sound horrible and redundant to yourself when you write it, but I'm talking about repetition of ideas and thoughts, not of individual words.  Rephrase what you say throughout your work, summarize in your conclusion, etc, etc.  Professors don't mind repetition in an essay, or having its main point beat itself over their heads, because repetition makes it clear to the reader and to your teacher that you understand the material or topic.  It also keeps your essay on track and linear, and prevents off-shoots of rambling and wayward exampling.

(I've talked with professors before, and they totally agree, I swearz.)

As for the shorter essays, you want to pack a lot of punch in a little space, and sounding professional achieves this.  This means no use of the word "I" or "You" or "Me", unless your Professor says otherwise or your paper is strictly made up of your own opinion.

Also, see if your campus has a writing center.  They're these neat little things that will proofread your work, check for grammar/spelling and even word choice!

For free!

And as always, EMAIL YO PROFESSORS they love it.

#5 | Back to Top10-11-2008 01:07:48 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

(Double Post)

Am I doing this right?  It's not from our book and our professor assigned them to us during the last five minutes of class.  We are using Pascal's Triangle. 

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn196/onlyinthislight2/img003.jpg

I have no idea, I've never done this before.  She only did problems one and two, and didn't say why she alternated the pluses and minuses on two.  Am I supposed to simplify?  I really suck at math.  Help!?

And don't feel afraid to explain to me in pre-school terms either.  I'm that hopeless.

It's easier when she just assigns us stuff from the book than when she tries to explain it.  I'm better at teaching it to myself from the text.

#6 | Back to Top10-11-2008 01:18:27 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

(Double Post)

Am I doing this right?  It's not from our book and our professor assigned them to us during the last five minutes of class.  We are using Pascal's Triangle. 

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn19 … img003.jpg

I have no idea, I've never done this before.  She only did problems one and two, and didn't say why she alternated the pluses and minuses on two.  Am I supposed to simplify?  I really suck at math.  Help!?

And don't feel afraid to explain to me in pre-school terms either.  I'm that hopeless.

It's easier when she just assigns us stuff from the book than when she tries to explain it.  I'm better at teaching it to myself from the text.

Hm, you said you got 1 and 2?
1 is fine, but I'm not sure about your signs in number 2 emot-confused

You might want to check the signs on your last question. You made a change, and neglected something else school-sherlock

You got number 3 right, btw

As far as this kind of math problem is concerned, my advice to you is that don't do the trick until you know how step one goes to step two in a very, very basic, and long detail. And, when you do enough of them you'll know what step you can omit to jump immediately to your answers in the future.

And, don't worry, I usually think on pre-school terms on this kind of things, too, sometimes.
But, maybe Stormcrow and Satyr can enlighten us. *claps* Onii-tachi?

EDIT: AH! This page seems informative about Pascal's Triangle. I learn a thing or two from this, too.
http://mathforum.org/workshops/usi/pasc … nomial.htm

A triangle, it IS. And, it's kinda fun if you know Pascal's Triangle, I'm drawing one right now emot-tongue

EDIT2: So according to that website, to solve your question on (x-2y)^3, do this first:

x     -2y       
x     -2y
---------
1     -2         you'll see that for 1 x (1      -2) = 1       -2
1     -2         you'll see that for -2 x (1      -2) = -2       4
--------
1     -2
       -2     4
-------------
1     -4     4 = x^2 - 4xy + 4y^2

And, for number 2:
Let's try getting (x-y)^2 first before hitting the big guy:

1      -1
1      -1
---------
1      -1
        -1       1
----------------
1      -2       1 = x^2 - 2xy + y^2

Overtime, when you do enough of it, you can come up with a triangle like so:

1  -1
                                    1  -2  1
                                  1  -3  3  -1
                                1  -4  6  -4   1
                              1  -5  10 -10  5 -1

Let's try something new, how about (x-2y)^3:

We know (x-2y)=x^2-4xy-4y^2, let's multiply that by x-2y again:

1     -4     4
       1     -2
-------------------
1      -4    4
        -2    8     -8
--------------------
1      -6    12     -8

As for (x-2y)^4:

1   -6   12   -8
             1   -2
-----------------
1   -6   12   -8
     -2   12   -24   16
-----------------------
1   -8   24   -32   16

So, you'd have:

1  -2
                  1  -4   4
                1  -6  12  -8
              1  -8  24  -32  16

And, so on... I'm till trying to see a pattern for a (x-2y)^n triangle right now, but the (x+y)^n and (x-y)^n is pretty straightforward, it seems.

Last edited by Hiraku (10-11-2008 02:10:17 PM)

#7 | Back to Top10-11-2008 02:09:22 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Hiraku wrote:

[color=chocolate]Hm, you said you got 1 and 2?
1 is fine, but I'm not sure about your signs in number 2 emot-confused

Me too. emot-frown

Hiraku wrote:

You might want to check the signs on your last question. You made a change, and neglected something else school-sherlock

I just tried to do it like the professor did on number two.  FAIL.  >n>...

You got number 3 right, btw

Yay!

As far as this kind of math problem is concerned, my advice to you is that don't do the trick until you know how step one goes to step two in a very, very basic, and long detail. And, when you do enough of them you'll know what step you can omit to jump immediately to your answers in the future.

:>  I can do most stuff, but damn if middle school level multiplication and addition of exponents doesn't make me look like an idiot.

Actually, it's pretty much the early alegebra and math basics that I struggle with.  FUNNY THING.  Once I got a hard-ass teacher (the kind everyone complains about for being a bitch), I was flying through geometry with a 99 average.  I guess it's because they talked about math and not school sports all the time, and DEMANDED homework each night and a complete show of work.

Thanks for your help, Hiraku. etc-love

#8 | Back to Top10-11-2008 07:39:14 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Oh, OITL, so close!  emot-smile

You're trying to be a little too clever in #2, basically.  You're using alternating + and - signs, but you're also leaving (-y) in the answer; doing both of these things is a little like trying to turn a light switch off by hitting it twice.  It cancels itself out.

You're right up to step two:
1 x^5 + 5 x^4 (-y)^1 + 10 x^3 (-y)^2 + 10 x^2 (-y)^3 + 5 x^1 (-y)^4 + 1 (-y)^5

What you're missing is that the alternation of signs you produce in the last step doesn't just happen magically; it is actually the result of raising -y to the different exponents!  When you raise a negative number to an even power like 2, it becomes positive, losing the negative sign.  For instance,

10 x^3 (-y)^2   becomes   10 x^3 y^2.

See how it lost the negative sign completely?  On the other hand, when you raise a negative number to an odd power like 1, it stays negative.  In fact, it's conventional to move the negative sign to the front of the quantity.  For instance,

5 x^4 (-y)^1   becomes   -5 x^4 y^1.

See how the negative sign moved?

As a result, every alternate term of the series becomes negative, while the rest stay positive.  The correct final answer is therefore:

1 x^5 - 5 x^4 y^1 + 10 x^3 y^2 - 10 x^2 y^3 + 5 x^1 y^4 - 1 y^5

Or you can leave off the ones and just write:

x^5 - 5 x^4 y + 10 x^3 y^2 - 10 x^2 y^3 + 5 x y^4 - y^5

Notice that there are no (-y)s in the final answer, because all the negatives either disappeared or got moved to the front of their terms (becoming minus signs).  Does this make any sense?

#9 | Back to Top10-11-2008 08:38:49 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

YES, thank you so much.  If only my professors were half as smart and sweet and interesting as you, Sat. etc-love

#10 | Back to Top10-12-2008 07:31:34 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I'd also suggest that you simplify as much as you can in the last step on these. 2x2y becomes 4xy, etc.

I'm particularly impressed at your organization of your work. Keeping things neat like that is a bigger benefit than you might realize, and it's something that I have a very hard time getting my students to do. Of course, I'm not the best example there, sadly...

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#11 | Back to Top10-14-2008 08:57:46 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Aaagh, numbers. @_@ *is dizzy* My brain automatically shuts down and crashes like a Windows 95 whenever I see them.

New essay, everyone. And it is really hard, and my last essay of the class before I am completely finished. Hopefully, he'll give me until Friday to finish this stupid thing. *sadface*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/CaptainJackie/10-14-2008092235PM.jpg

Can anybody give me a little advice here? My brain is a little sore, and his lagging when it comes to coherent thought processing. :<

#12 | Back to Top10-14-2008 10:21:37 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hmmm!

Lady Nil, based on the assignment, it looks like your teacher wants two things.  The first is good structure; this is the bit covered in the box of "Invention Questions."  The second, and what I'm guessing is more important, is rhetoric that convinces with its power and perorations as much as its careful logical argument.  In other words, you're not just trying to write an essay; you're trying to write a highly quotable essay.

Now, you could do something obvious like explore abortion or gay marriage or some other pressing political issue that has deep emotional resonance, because topics with deep emotional resonance are easy to write powerful lines about.  (Think of bumper sticker lines like "It's a child, not a choice" -- when was the last time you saw such a pithy and polarizing slogan on a topic like the economic bailout?)  But if it were me I'd be tempted to take it in a bit of a different direction.

Bear with me here.  Asking this question over the Internet to a college student is probably a bit like asking Paul McCartney if he's ever heard of the Queen of England, but are you familiar with the Onion?  It's the best-known of the Internet's satirical news sites.  Current headlines as of this writing include "Bush Calls for Panic" and "Financial Planner Advises Shorter Life Span."  It's some pretty funny stuff.  Most of it is journalism-style, which isn't quite what your essay needs, but I also love the Onion's editorial columns -- writing to convince, not to inform -- which is exactly the style you're writing in.  Here's the most recent example.  Hell, you could almost hand this essay in as-is.  It states a problem, tries to convince you why it's pressing, and does it in a rhetorically effective way.  It is also riotously funny.

If this were my assignment I'd write an Onion editorial article.  Maybe I'd focus on something very trivial.  You know -- a 300-600 word essay that sears indelibly into the reader's mind the burning agony of being out of bottled water and having to drink the stuff that comes out of the faucet.  ("I say that this Holocaust of H2O must never be repeated!  Bringing down the tyranny of municipal water is not only our moral duty, it is the call to service of our entire generation.")  Or maybe a weird take on a serious issue, like your argument for why cannibalism is the solution to world hunger.  Or hell, write John McCain his next stump speech, Onion-style.  The trick here is that by being overtly humorous you make it easier to come up with over-the-top applause lines full of "melody, lyricism, and rhythm."  Just a thought!  emot-smile

#13 | Back to Top10-27-2008 08:04:52 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Well, this homework was due a few days ago, and I couldn't figure out this one problem. I really hate online homework.

I understand the concept to an extent, but I couldn't for the life of me algebraicly work into an equation that would give me the force from the magnetic field for this lovely curly wire!

The question is as follows:

The net force on a current loop in a uniform magnetic field is zero. The magnetic force on the voice coil of a loudspeaker is nonzero because the magnetic field at the coil is not uniform. A voice coil in a loudspeaker has 60 turns of wire and a diameter of 1.40 cm, and the current in the coil is 0.910 A. Assume that the magnetic field at each point of the coil has a constant magnitude of 0.250 T and is directed at an angle of 60.0 degrees outward from the normal to the plane of the coil (See figure). Let the axis of the coil be in the y-direction. The current in the coil is in the direction shown (counterclockwise as viewed from a point above the coil on the y-axis).

It wanted the magnitude of the Force. A force which somehow escapes my brain. I really don't care about numbers in this case, so just variable form will suit me fine. In fact, just knowing the equations I have to use to get there is probably well enough. The algebra shouldn't theoretically be hard, I'm just missing a concept somewhere.

http://session.masteringphysics.com/problemAsset/1054930/3/YF-27-79.jpg

I know, at least, the direction of the force is pointing down in the negative y direction. Right hand rules are love.

I don't know if anyone here is in Physics or remembers this crazy-shite, but thank you in advance!

#14 | Back to Top08-27-2010 07:07:29 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Thread necro because I need a wee bit of help from the more online-research savvy here on IRG.  I'm looking for a personal account or interview of Jeff Zarrillo & Paul Katami and/or Kris Perry and Sandy Stier, the two same-sex couple's whose cases instigated the overturning of Prop 8.  I would also settle for Judge Vaughn Walker.  It has to be from a newspaper (not a press agency) and preferably not a local one.  Cannot be a video.

I've got all my other sources for my essay but this one is leading me around in web circles.  Halp.

#15 | Back to Top08-27-2010 07:31:41 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

So this (http://blogs.kqed.org/prop8/2010/01/12/ … ar-people/) wouldn't work?

I'll try searching for it, but if you happen to have access to the new search engine part of LexisNexis, try that.

#16 | Back to Top08-27-2010 08:29:39 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Malacoda wrote:

So this (http://blogs.kqed.org/prop8/2010/01/12/ … ar-people/) wouldn't work?

I'll try searching for it, but if you happen to have access to the new search engine part of LexisNexis, try that.

I'll run it by professor and see what she says.  It's exactly what I am looking for, but I'm afraid that if the source isn't legitimate enough or because it's audio she'll say no.

EDIT:  OH, AND THANKS!  Man I suck.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (08-27-2010 08:30:07 PM)

#17 | Back to Top08-27-2010 09:20:35 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

It's no problem at all. I'm a California native so I try to keep up on these sorts of things. emot-biggrin

Also, if your professor doesn't approve of the other source, maybe (just maybe) this (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/11/cal … index.html) would work? It's not as cool as the KQED interview though.

#18 | Back to Top08-28-2010 12:20:07 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

OITL, I'd try to use KQED if I could.  The thing is that the plaintiffs' counsel has probably advised them not to talk to the press much; parties to criminal proceedings typically shouldn't, and frankly it's surprising that KQED got an unedited interview!  Judge Walker should definitely not be talking, since he's still involved with the case and anything he said that betrayed bias would be seized on as grounds for an appeal.  Until the case is "dead," either because appeals are exhausted or because it's found that Prop 8 supporters don't have standing to appeal, I wouldn't expect a lot of interviews to pop up of the kind you're looking for.  emot-frown

#19 | Back to Top09-11-2010 05:10:40 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

satyreyes wrote:

OITL, I'd try to use KQED if I could.  The thing is that the plaintiffs' counsel has probably advised them not to talk to the press much; parties to criminal proceedings typically shouldn't, and frankly it's surprising that KQED got an unedited interview!  Judge Walker should definitely not be talking, since he's still involved with the case and anything he said that betrayed bias would be seized on as grounds for an appeal.  Until the case is "dead," either because appeals are exhausted or because it's found that Prop 8 supporters don't have standing to appeal, I wouldn't expect a lot of interviews to pop up of the kind you're looking for.  emot-frown

Yeah, and my professor wasn't down with the interview anyway.  emot-frown  I did manage to find All 136 pages of Walker's Opinion which she approved of, but I have no clue how to cite it for my Works Cited page.  Should I just cite the case itself?  That feels wrong to me, and my MLA handbook doesn't really say anything on citing Judge's Opinions or legal documents, just statutes.  Boo.

#20 | Back to Top09-11-2010 05:40:33 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Yeah, and my professor wasn't down with the interview anyway.  emot-frown  I did manage to find All 136 pages of Walker's Opinion which she approved of, but I have no clue how to cite it for my Works Cited page.  Should I just cite the case itself?  That feels wrong to me, and my MLA handbook doesn't really say anything on citing Judge's Opinions or legal documents, just statutes.  Boo.

Hmm... MLA format was really designed to handle high-school and liberal-arts-type curricula.  The technical types use APA or Chicago format, and the real pros -- when it comes to law -- use Bluebook format.  From what I can dig up on the Internet, MLA is aware of this failing and encourages you to use Bluebook instead when you need to cite a legal source.  Adding insult to injury, possibly because the case is so new, I can't find the official court reporter in which the Prop 8 case was published, and that's a core component of Bluebook format.  I think the best way to cite it would be something like this:

Perry v. Schwarzenegger, C 09-2292 VRW (N. Cal. 2010).

This is irregular -- I'm just using the case number assigned to the case by Walker's court rather than its official court reporter number -- but it's more than enough information to find the opinion.  You might want to ask your professor what she would find acceptable.

As for whether using the opinion is a good idea in the first place, I guess it depends what you're trying to show!  If you are looking for a "personal account," as you said earlier, the opinion is probably not going to work; Walker is giving his legal reasoning, not his personal feelings, though there may be a few places where you can guess Walker's feelings from his choice of words if you're feeling clever.  But if you want to know why the proponents of Prop 8 lost the case from a legal perspective, the opinion is the best possible thing you could cite!

Good luck! emot-smile

#21 | Back to Top09-11-2010 06:00:15 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

satyreyes wrote:

The technical types use APA

Someone should tell the APA folks that. Sixth edition has grammatical errors and flaws in consistency of rules on like 80 pages. school-sherlock

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#22 | Back to Top09-11-2010 06:14:50 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Giovanna wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Someone should tell the APA folks that. Sixth edition has grammatical errors and flaws in consistency of rules on like 80 pages. school-sherlock

They issued a revision that disowned the first printing.  It was kind of hilarious.  XD

#23 | Back to Top09-11-2010 06:19:33 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Yeah, my Experimental Psychology professor was so aggravated with the Sixth Edition he wrote up his own guides on APA for us to use.  :/ 

Homework Batman wrote:

Perry v. Schwarzenegger, C 09-2292 VRW (N. Cal. 2010).

*Yoink*

The actual paper isn't about Prop 8, but about how journalists and the media in general are portraying it.  I'm getting a bit specific, but I'm narrowing it further to comparing three newspaper articles that focus on the moral reasoning behind the overturning and allegations that Walker based his decision on his own homosexual inclinations (they put it a lot less nicely) to the legal reasoning he actually used. 

Thank you so much for all the help, I'll make sure to check with my Professor on the citing, even if Professors always tell me one thing and then grade another.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (09-11-2010 06:31:33 PM)

#24 | Back to Top09-11-2010 07:16:23 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

satyreyes wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

They issued a revision that disowned the first printing.  It was kind of hilarious.  XD

Only after getting some major bitch-slapping from the librarian crowd. Collib-l (college/university libraries) listserv, ACAT listserv(cataloging), and all the others were practically rioting. Lots of phone calls, letters, threats...school-devil

#25 | Back to Top09-11-2010 08:17:26 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Oh so why do I find the idea if rioting librarians sort of sexy; or a cool band name? emot-confused

Good Luck with your paper Light!

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

Board footer