This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top06-12-2009 04:22:53 AM

bella
Atlantean Singer

Re: Lover's Lanes: hearts across America

Satyr. This sounds amazing.etc-love Ambitious, yes, but writing a book at all seems like an ambitious thing, you know? This is a really brave, really admirable thing for you to do--speaking from the standpoint of a fellow writer (although poetry isn't the same as the nonfiction novel) and introvert--I really have to say that you're aiming to do a really wonderful thing. I'm want to emotionally support you (as does this whole forum, I'm sure) through the entire journey. I can't really give any advice at the moment, but please do let me know if you need someone to vent to about the whole writing process thing. Because writer's block can be a bitch, especially when you're dealing with the creative writing genre. I'd be more than happy to act as a venting board for any of that frustration, and to give you any writing pointers/exercises/bits of advice that might help you.

Other than that, I'm totally following your blog and hoping you come to Pittsburgh. While I can't offer you a place to stay, as I have nowhere to live there myself, I'd be really happy to talk to you and point you to good places in the city for whatever you need. And to see you. Seeing a not-quite-stranger might help a little sometimes, right? emot-smile

Good luck!! We're all rooting for you! Try to be brave and don't lose faith in yourself or you ideas. This is a great idea and you will write it well.

Last edited by bella (06-12-2009 04:23:56 AM)

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#27 | Back to Top06-12-2009 07:50:34 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

You do have a good camera, right? If not, I might insist on loaning you mine when you get here and having you mail it back when you get home.

See you soon buddy. emot-biggrin

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#28 | Back to Top06-12-2009 09:06:11 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

bella wrote:

I can't really give any advice at the moment, but please do let me know if you need someone to vent to about the whole writing process thing. Because writer's block can be a bitch, especially when you're dealing with the creative writing genre. I'd be more than happy to act as a venting board for any of that frustration, and to give you any writing pointers/exercises/bits of advice that might help you.

Other than that, I'm totally following your blog and hoping you come to Pittsburgh. While I can't offer you a place to stay, as I have nowhere to live there myself, I'd be really happy to talk to you and point you to good places in the city for whatever you need. And to see you. Seeing a not-quite-stranger might help a little sometimes, right? emot-smile

Thank you, bella!  I just might take you up on both of those offers.  Even if I'm now downgrading the love story part of the trip (see previous post), I do hope to do quite a bit of writing, between love stories from friends and travelogue and poetry and just plain blogging.  As for Pitt, I may very well end up in the area!  emot-biggrin  I'll write you when I know.

Stormy wrote:

You do have a good camera, right? If not, I might insist on loaning you mine when you get here and having you mail it back when you get home.

See you soon buddy. emot-biggrin

Yeah, I'm breaking my long-standing resolution not to photograph my vacations emot-smile  I'm always afraid that looking for snapshots will take me out of the moment and leave me with a pale proxy for actual memories... but a trip of this length, to the places I'm going, deserves to be recorded!  If only for concrete proof that yes, it really happened.  So yes, I invested in a decent digital camera.  What I really need is a Pensieve, but I'll settle for this!

#29 | Back to Top06-12-2009 09:58:50 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Dude, if you ever wind up in Baltimore, FIND ME!!!

If you're near lemme know, I'll PM you my address

#30 | Back to Top06-12-2009 11:58:45 AM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

That sounds like quite a trip. For me, at least, not doing the book would have been the right choice. That would have put a lot of extra worries on something that seems fun enough as a sort of passive taking-in.

I hope everything goes well for you, and with any luck you'll get a story or two from it without even trying emot-keke.

Edit: If you were going through DC on your way back south through the northerly route, I could probably get together with you at least, if not put you up. (I might be able to do that as well... would depend a lot on when.) Feel free to message me on this forum if you like.

Last edited by Valeli (06-12-2009 12:00:16 PM)

#31 | Back to Top06-12-2009 12:16:09 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Have fun, Satyr! While you're out west, Yellowstone is more than worth a visit!

#32 | Back to Top06-12-2009 12:40:17 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

emot-mad FINE. This gonna be the latest birthday card ever, but not my fault. emot-keke

Best of luck, dear, and for god's sake let us know every stinking little detail!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#33 | Back to Top06-12-2009 02:18:55 PM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

If you need a detour through Poland, you're more than welcome here emot-keke

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#34 | Back to Top06-12-2009 03:02:53 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

I will be in Vancouver in late July/early August, we should frolic if you are coming there. We can explore the city together. etc-love Granted, we did just meet, so no worries if that would be uncomfortable. etc-love

#35 | Back to Top06-12-2009 05:19:30 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Do feel free to drop in on the UK ;)

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#36 | Back to Top06-12-2009 05:28:55 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

By the end of her trip, she'll have visited half the world and met all of us irl, lol.

#37 | Back to Top06-12-2009 08:05:54 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Wow, so much support from everyone!!  Y'all are so sweet.  Thank you.  etc-love  I've put on my trip map those of you who have offered to meet me or put me up along the way, and if I end up deciding to hit your area I'll let you know as soon as I can!

Syora wrote:

By the end of her trip, she'll have visited half the world and met all of us irl, lol.

Hee hee!  If I had the time and disposable income I would totally fly to Britain and Poland and Australia and impose on IRGers on every continent I could.  Sadly, if I go to Vancouver it'll most likely be in early to mid-July, so we'll probably miss each other there... emot-frown

Valeli wrote:

That sounds like quite a trip. For me, at least, not doing the book would have been the right choice. That would have put a lot of extra worries on something that seems fun enough as a sort of passive taking-in.

I'm still planning on doing some writing, and maybe asking the friends I stay with for love stories, but yeah, I don't really need to put more pressure on myself.  The journey's already more than a passive taking-in -- I'll have to plan so much as I go, right down to where to stay and what roads to go down! -- and there's plenty of room for self-discovery-through-adversity here without also trying to conquer my quasi-social-phobia.

Giovanna wrote:

emot-mad FINE. This gonna be the latest birthday card ever, but not my fault. emot-keke

Best of luck, dear, and for god's sake let us know every stinking little detail!

Follow my blogemot-tongue  As for the birthday card, I will be delighted to see it when I get home.  By then I'll probably even have forgotten its existence, so I'll be twice as delighted by the surprise!

I leave in thirteen hours.  I'm packed, except for my books and toiletries, and psychologically I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be.  I'm also realizing that though my routine is boring and I don't like my job, it's all so comforting in its predictability.  Abandoning that is going to be hard, but that's how one conquers inertia.  Emotion in motion.

#38 | Back to Top06-12-2009 10:44:34 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

It doesn't just sound impressive, it is~
Best of luck, Satyr!

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#39 | Back to Top06-12-2009 11:25:23 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Like I said in chat, you're free to stop by my place!  I'm north of Mylene though and I know you're headed south, but regardless I extend another nice place to stay. emot-smile

#40 | Back to Top06-13-2009 02:02:22 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

I have read your blog and now am doubly excited for you! Get some sleep, I wish you the best.

#41 | Back to Top06-13-2009 12:31:01 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I don't think I could put you up for a night in Denver (I'm actually north of Denver, more in Longmont), but you're welcome to visit if you like. Meet myself & my boyfriend and some of our friends. Though I may be in Westminster when you come through (or which case... eeeh  O_o). Either way. I can give you a more precise location if you wish when you get closer.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

Board footer