This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-13-2008 11:27:12 AM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Re: WHY?!?

Leroy wrote:

What were you guys expecting? It's a live action Dragon Ball movie, not a meditation on the holocaust.

I guess I'll just never understand the mentality of super nerds (see also: the Transformers movie).

This.  Dragon Ball/DBZ was never good.  That's almost the point, even.  I'm sure it'll work out fine.

#27 | Back to Top12-13-2008 11:32:03 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Seitokaichou wrote:

Nah. You're just being honest about how you feel. etc-love I could very much relate. Unlike those who enjoy Asian horror film remakes and video games/anime being made into motion pictures, I don't. I stick to the original and if they can't be faithful to the elements that made the game/anime famous, they might as well drop the idea: my two scents of course. emot-wink

IAWTAC. Omfg I'm so sick of Hollywood fucking up brilliant Asian horror films.

#28 | Back to Top12-13-2008 11:35:22 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

Seitokaichou wrote:

Nah. You're just being honest about how you feel. etc-love I could very much relate. Unlike those who enjoy Asian horror film remakes and video games/anime being made into motion pictures, I don't. I stick to the original and if they can't be faithful to the elements that made the game/anime famous, they might as well drop the idea: my two scents of course. emot-wink

You r0x0r. poptartetc-loveschool-devil

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#29 | Back to Top12-13-2008 01:35:01 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

Seitokaichou wrote:

They fucking ruined "The Eye"... The original movie, which was from Hong Kong, was actually based on people's personal accounts of ghosts, but the thing is, Hollywood want to make it a thriller. I'm sorry, but according to what the people in Hong Kong say, ghosts aren't meant to be as exciting as you try to make it out to be. Turning it into a thriller is a cry for epic phail! And, when bad things are supposed to happen, it's supposed to happen because it HAS happened since:

SPOILER
There WAS a giant explosion that killed dozens on Thailand traffic, according to my relatives. Best to leave it at that without having to turn the heroine into a hero who saved everyone because she's not meant to in the original.

Also, thematically, the message that was meant to be delivered in the movie has been scrapped and butchered!!! It's supposed to be about seeing the ugly things in the world while remembering the beautiful things, but in the Hollywood version, that is gone... gone...

[/nerdrant]

Board footer