This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-13-2007 09:44:22 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Re: Project Runway

To be honest, I like a lot of the details on Christian's work, but overall, it seems to have that really loosely thought out structure that you find in the designers-imitate-garage-sales-duds. To me, that's what the vast body of his work is. He, Rami and Kevin probably have the most potential to impress me, but...it's still not there. Maybe my hopes are just too high? Tim did say this was the strongest group of designers yet. Maybe it kicks it up later in the season.

Victorya's a bitch and needs to go. I don't like Elisa, but she'll be gone eventually. I'd like to see some more of Sweet P, and I don't know anything about Kit. I like Chris, but he won't make it. I was just glad they finally got off these damned group challanges.

Does anyone have any real standout faves from years past? For me it's always gonna be Jay's Chrysler dress, Daniel V's orchid and Jeffrey's madras couture -and I HATED that dress on the french model. Boy got himself a saviour in Marilinda, she was beautiful. She made it look amazing.

faux edit: haha, I just realized I picked a dress from each season.

faux edit a deux: You know, usually there's also at least one standout model. They all have HORRIBLE walks this season. Just...galumping along.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#27 | Back to Top12-13-2007 09:56:45 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I really hated Daniel V's orchid dress, why? Because I've seen it before! Every student seems to do some form of it . . .

Any-who I think Ramin is a real strong designer, his first dress stunned me. And Christian has really grown on me, he reminds me of a gay ferret.

*heeheehee*

sometimes you make me feel
like I知 living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#28 | Back to Top12-14-2007 04:18:56 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

morosemocha wrote:

... and I don't know anything about Kit.

I forgot she's even there. No, seriously. When I do remember her, I keep thinking she looks like Alison from Season 2 or 3.

Does anyone have any real standout faves from years past? For me it's always gonna be Jay's Chrysler dress, Daniel V's orchid and Jeffrey's madras couture -and I HATED that dress on the french model. Boy got himself a saviour in Marilinda, she was beautiful. She made it look amazing.

Since you picked one from each season....

Season 1: I have to agree and go with Jay's Chrysler dress. And the fact that he totally pulled that out of his ass at the last minute made it better. However, I loved his runway collection, every piece.

Season 2: Daniel's orchid dress was very cute....but I liked Chloe's dress from that challenge better. I could have done without the cap, though. I wound up loving her runway collection too.

Season 3: Probably Michael's dress made from coffee filters. I fiund myself loving a lot of his work. It also helped that he was sexy as hell. etc-wankgirl

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#29 | Back to Top01-09-2008 08:19:15 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Double posting... emot-tongue

Who watched the Hershey's challenge last week? And who thought that Jillian should have won?

This week is the prom dress challenge...and I'm scared.

#30 | Back to Top01-09-2008 09:17:44 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

This week's challenge... ahem...

THE JUDGES ARE SMOKING CRACK!!!!!!!!

that is all. >_<

#31 | Back to Top01-09-2008 09:23:13 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

emot-gonk It sucks, I get to watch aaaaaaall the way UP TO the hair and makeup, and then I have to leave for work. I am saddened.

#32 | Back to Top01-11-2008 10:06:35 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

Hmmm...I liked Elisa towards the end...even if the whole fairy earth mother thing was kinda kooky and off its rocker, she seemed to be the easiest to work with...Christian...I'd kick in the face with a Louboutin pump and I don't want to spoil this week's episode for peeps who have yet to see it.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#33 | Back to Top01-15-2008 12:40:22 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I felt so bad for Christian this past episode though, he has kind of grown on me for some odd reason. But I LOVED RAMIN'S DRESS!!! OH! MY! GOD! YES!!! I'm sorry Nina, Hidei, and Micheal are old ass farts when it comes to a Prom!

you said

#34 | Back to Top01-15-2008 05:29:48 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Oh, God, poor Christian! But he gets sooooo defensive. Hopefully he learned that every once in a while you have to design for a client that actually has some booty. (I have often been a victim of the knee-length skirt/dress that's only knee -length in the front. emot-gonk )

But she was obnoxious as hell. I thought her dress was cute, but not on her. The shape was wrong, the length was wrong, and the color was wrong....for her.

As for Rami's dress, I liked it, except the color was too bland and it looked too much his dress from the first challenge.

My favorite, though, was Sweet Pea's champagne dress. That's a prom dress that can be reused endlessly....then altered and reused again.

#35 | Back to Top01-15-2008 09:09:29 PM

lex

I felt kinda bad for Christian's dress, but somewhere you gotta be like "look...I'm making the dress not you, so you can just kinda...shut up."school-eng101

But Rami's dress was nice and I liked the cut and everything and who cares if it was too sophisticated for a high schooler...thats what they need! But did anyone notice they didnt say very much about Kit Pistol's dress?

#36 | Back to Top01-16-2008 09:17:08 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I feel so good for this challenge!!! IT WAS A-MAH-ZING!!!

emot-dance

Chris and Christian' was gorges!

you said

#37 | Back to Top01-16-2008 09:59:09 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Man... Kit.. that was one HIDEOUS dress. X_x

#38 | Back to Top01-17-2008 04:53:26 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

You know, I never even remember that Kit's even there. I think I just integrated her with Sweet P. (What? She looks like she could be Sweet P's daughter.)

But I'll remember her now. That dress was beyond Fugly.

#39 | Back to Top01-17-2008 07:57:53 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Kit had so much potential with that dress! SO MUCH!!! But they should have kept her and kicked off the whino.

you said

#40 | Back to Top01-20-2008 11:43:01 PM

lex

oh you mean....Ricky? he's always crying...

#41 | Back to Top01-21-2008 10:34:44 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Oh, yeah, Ricky. Why the hell haven't they kicked his boring ass off yet?

Meanwhile, I'm still not seeing a clear frontrunner yet, but here's my prediction for the Final Four: Christian, Sweet P, Rami, and Jillian.

Based on last season, it works out fairly well. You had Uli who, when left to her own devices, will make the same dress over and over again in the same color palette. This would be Rami. Then there was Laura, the older designer who acted like your mom. This season it's Sweet P. There's also Michael, who gets the role of the young designer who does beautiful work but needs lots of experience, represented as Christian this season. As for Jeffrey, he has no actual equivalent because Jillian doesn't remind me of him at all.

Now, these are highly interchangeable when you take aspects of their personality into account.

#42 | Back to Top01-21-2008 11:27:04 AM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Oh, yeah, Ricky. Why the hell haven't they kicked his boring ass off yet?

Meanwhile, I'm still not seeing a clear frontrunner yet, but here's my prediction for the Final Four: Christian, Sweet P, Rami, and Jillian.

Based on last season, it works out fairly well. You had Uli who, when left to her own devices, will make the same dress over and over again in the same color palette. This would be Rami. Then there was Laura, the older designer who acted like your mom. This season it's Sweet P. There's also Michael, who gets the role of the young designer who does beautiful work but needs lots of experience, represented as Christian this season. As for Jeffrey, he has no actual equivalent because Jillian doesn't remind me of him at all.

Now, these are highly interchangeable when you take aspects of their personality into account.

Ricky needed to go ages ago, all he ever does is cry! And his designs are boring and over played . . .

As for the finals, I see Christian most definitely. He just really needs to get out of brown, but he sort of did that this past week. (And by the way, if he worked for Alexander McQueen WHY THE FUCK IS HE ON PROJECT RUNWAY!? McQueen is like one of the Fashion Gods at the moment, he has his own bloody House of Couture for Christ's sake!!!) Anywho . . .

I see Rami, his work is gorges and always flawless. However his greatest weakness is that it tends to be the same. I would love to see Chris be there to the end, and I can see it happening, he just needs to edit, and has the greatness for that Avant-Garde look.

you said

#43 | Back to Top01-24-2008 07:11:57 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

So, Kit Pistol got the boot last week for....whatever the hell that was she and Ricky made.

And Jillian's and Victorya's trenchcoat? DO WANT! etc-love etc-love etc-love I already see it with a pair of knee high boots.

Since it just aired last night, I won't talk too much about this week. All I'll say is the first 5 minutes was hilarious when Victorya kept saying Kit instead of Sweet P.

#44 | Back to Top01-28-2008 11:59:42 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I think you posted in the wrong thread, babe. emot-confused

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#45 | Back to Top01-31-2008 02:48:46 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Dyepez wrote:

I hate Beowulf, I hate I am Legend, I hate Alien vs Predator 2, I hate Alvin and his Slaves.... as far as 2008, the only decent movie is "No Country for Old Men", the rest... sucks...

Well the I Am Legend challenge was interesting, how each designer captured the look of decease, decay, and isolation was interesting.

emot-rofl

you said

#46 | Back to Top01-31-2008 03:43:29 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

That's right, dear... try to make it relate... emot-rofl

Anyway, no new episode this week and I'm distraught about it. On the bright side, I got to re-re-watch the Avant Garde challenge of two weeks ago so I can marvel at the faaaaaabulous organza ruffle monster Christian and Chris made.

And drool over that sexy trenchcoat Jillian and Victorya made....

Only to watch Victorya go home the next episode for making the same damn thing a week later. It was like some horrible love child of that beautiful trenchcoat and that hideous "ice princess" dress from the Candy Challenge.

Seriously, what the hell were you AND Jillian thinking?!

#47 | Back to Top02-01-2008 06:52:13 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

It's just the Ricky won that offends me so. emot-frown

#48 | Back to Top02-01-2008 04:50:55 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I liked Christians look a lot better than Ricky's, And if Chris had frayed the mother out of his dress, OMG it would have been hott!

you said

#49 | Back to Top02-01-2008 07:38:11 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I actually liked Ricky's dress...except I've seen a billion hoochie dresses like it at the local StripperMart. Seriously, re-imagine the dress with a pair of Lucite platforms and some bad extensions.

Maybe Ricky will go home next week.

Sweet P's dress was cute and simple. I'm worried that she doesn't have a particular style or anything to say as a designer. I like Michael Kors' comment, though. "That dress has got the voodoo in it!"

#50 | Back to Top02-02-2008 06:14:57 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I am really looking forward to this weeks challenge though, WWE? Hmm- How in the HELL does this have to do with fashion?

*is worried*

you said

Board footer