This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top08-23-2010 01:57:16 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Re: [SKU Text Adventure???] Miracles Never Cease

satyreyes wrote:

Clarice, I wonder what the object was that didn't work the first time!

SPOILER: The bamboo stick -- the first time I tried to vault onto Juri's roof it told me I couldn't reach it. Which meant I tried to lug the piano bench all the way down there, too, emot-rofl I remembered talking to Saionji about kendo much earlier in the game and all the hint talk of rivals and things also made me think of him, so I went back and he told me again about pole vaulters, which seemed to trigger it. As I said, though, I'm sure he'd said as much to me once before already. Ah, well, I IS STILL TEH CAT BURGLA.

Last edited by Clarice (08-23-2010 01:57:32 PM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#52 | Back to Top08-23-2010 02:01:20 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Clarice wrote:

SPOILER:

Huh!  I wonder why it didn't work the first time.  That was the hardest puzzle for my brother, so I put special effort into making sure that pretty much any verb you could think of for doing what you were trying to do would work, and also into writing a nice, illuminating Shadow Girls sketch.  SPOILER: I'm so glad you picked up on Saionji's hint!  I was hoping it would kind of help put you in the right frame of mind when you discover the bamboo pole.

#53 | Back to Top08-23-2010 02:06:38 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Fuck, I think I'm trapped in the planetarium and can't get back into the elevator. emot-confused

#54 | Back to Top08-23-2010 02:12:44 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I ah, uhm--- am kind of stuck again. And the thing is, there is no hint now emot-gonk I cannot get into the forest to meet shiori, and nobody will answer when I ask them about the forest, the ring, lesbians or anything. Touga said it has to be a girl; Anthy is creepy, you can't talk to Utena and Kozue just doesn't seem to be interested. Touga won't help me out anymore, nobody is impressed by my sparkly ring and Akio seems to have alzheimer. Shadow girls, come the fuck back.

As before, I guess I will figure it out right after posting this (hope so), and once again I feel like I'm spamming. Go me emot-gonk

Duelist Megu wrote:

Fuck, I think I'm trapped in the planetarium and can't get back into the elevator. emot-confused

Are you leaving the planetarium exactly as you found it? emot-wink

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (08-23-2010 02:13:42 PM)

#55 | Back to Top08-23-2010 02:20:35 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Duelist Megu wrote:

Uh-oh.  The planetarium is a bit of a complicated place.

Make sure the planetarium is the way you found it: the window shades should be up, and the projector should be off.  Use the planetarium controls -- the power switch and the hydraulic button -- to make sure.  Then, type "down".  If that doesn't work, tell us what message you're getting when you try!

Epi wrote:

Shiori troubles

Aha, you're making progress!  So: you've got Shiori in the forest, and you need to send a girl to meet her.  Utena basically doesn't exist, and Juri isn't very cooperative at this point; that leaves Anthy and Kozue.  What a pity that both of them are straight... for now.

You found the planetarium key, right?  Have you asked Akio about the key now that you have it?  Is there anything else on campus that needs unlocking? 
emot-wink

#56 | Back to Top08-23-2010 02:25:06 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

satyr wrote:

Advice emot-wink

I'm putting my bets on Kozue. She's the only one to reacts to the world "lesbian" after all. And yes, I already camwhored with him, grabbed the pictures, left the planetarium and showed it to everyone. I'm that much of a camwhore, you see. Hmmmmmmm school-sherlock unlock more stuff huh? Thanks, let's try that out...

EDIT: OH MY GOD emot-aaaemot-aaa THANK YOU SO MUCH etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

OH AND by the way. I had the same problem than Razara when leaving the planetarium the first time. Akio just wouldn't let me, but the solution was the same: I typed "get out" instead "out" and voilá!

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (08-23-2010 02:32:19 PM)

#57 | Back to Top08-23-2010 04:24:42 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Just got to the photoshoot scene.  I'm blown away, man, this is the shit.

EDIT: Poor results from "break oak door".  Man, this really isn't your average RPG!

Last edited by Duelist Megu (08-23-2010 04:47:10 PM)

#58 | Back to Top08-23-2010 05:44:26 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

lol this is awesome, thanks! I'm loving all the easter eggs

also I  tried the 'touch self' command, now following it up with 'touch (name)'...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#59 | Back to Top08-23-2010 05:49:38 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

I can break into her house, but I can't steal her television?  I want to get something out of this deal even if a date doesn't work out if I'm risking a breaking and entering charge.

EDIT: "On weekends, though, the pool is closed."  Tell me this is intentional.

EDIT: I think the hint is telling me I have to swap out the photos (the hint about the Frankenstein heart change) but it doesn't seem to want to let me do that, even if I take the shears to the photo. emot-mad

Last edited by Duelist Megu (08-23-2010 06:29:39 PM)

#60 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:01:13 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Finished the game! Loved it! Satyreyes, please make a sequel! I would love play it! emot-dance

Spoilerific Comments: Yay! KozuexShiori! When Kozue asked me to find her someone cute, I nearly tried sprinting south as though I were in Jaguar morph in Achaea. My heart broke with sadness at first when I couldn't figure out how to make Shiori meet Kozue, but she got there in the end.

Protagonist-chan is so badass! Pole-vaulting onto Juri's house was very impressive, though I think I'd be pretty pissed if someone replaced the picture of Shiori in my locket with their own... unless maybe they poll-vaulted through the window. That would be pretty cool. Touga was kind of mean at first, but I loved how they bonded with pick-up lines, and that he offered her tea! Akio said he didn't have any more, but I bet he has TONS of tea that smells like indirect kisses (whatever that smell is), and just doesn't want to share! When I couldn't find Touga, I bought the piano bench back from Akio's tower to the piano hoping that playing it would summon him. It works for Miki. I don't remember why I brought the piano bench to the tower, come to think of it...

Enough rambling. emot-redface I'm going to try the things on the list that I haven't done yet! I'm sure there's lots more to be discovered.

#61 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:16:45 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

THIS IS AWESOME I AM STAYING QUIET AT JURI'S BATHROOM WHILE SHE'S CRYING IN THE SHOWER. MAAAAAN. I'M SHAKING

Oh man, I don't want this to be over!

Duelist Megu wrote:

I think the hint is telling me I have to swap out the photos (the hint about the Frankenstein heart change) but it doesn't seem to want to let me do that, even if I take the shears to the photo. emot-mad

I'm at the same point, my problem is I want to put my photo, but it wont fit. I've looked for something to cut it ALL OVER the flat and nothing. The hint is obvious.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (08-23-2010 07:28:13 PM)

#62 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:19:21 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

I think I'm where you are, Epi, only I can't figure out how to get my picture in the locket or whatever else it is I'm supposed to do.

#63 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:29:05 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

You gotta Take her photo first but then you find another problem I described above emot-gonk

#64 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:31:19 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

[spoiler]Shears, I think, from the greenhouse.  But I keep getting a response to the effect of "Why would you want to put this photo of you in here?  And it doesn't fit anyways.  Why would you want to cut it?"[/spoiler]

Edit: Well, still a little stuck on the text adventure, but thanks for the color white info, hehe.

Last edited by Duelist Megu (08-23-2010 07:36:46 PM)

#65 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:33:23 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I didn't... take the shears. What now. Spoiler: I can't get out of her flat to take de shears. And I can't cut the shot. And I can't find anything to cut it. And the hint is telling me to cut it.

You text white with the code "color". Like the red example but with the core number #ffffff

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (08-23-2010 09:08:08 PM)

#66 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:34:04 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

I'm going to download this right now. Looks awesome! I love text adventures.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#67 | Back to Top08-23-2010 07:51:51 PM

Calamity
High Tripper

The name of Anthy's cactus has me absolutely in stitches! emot-rofl The note system is absolutely fantastic too. You've done a very wonderful job with this, so looking forward to seeing what's inside the bureau. school-devil

#68 | Back to Top08-23-2010 08:29:19 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

I just opened it a minute ago, but I'm already loving it. Just the little humorous details make me laugh. And Juri is totally my favorite emot-smile

Thanks for doing this. I'll have to look up other text adventures when I'm finished with this one.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#69 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:19:25 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Duelist Megu wrote:

I can break into her house, but I can't steal her television?  I want to get something out of this deal even if a date doesn't work out if I'm risking a breaking and entering charge.

Awesome.  emot-rofl

Razara wrote:

I WON!

Congratulations on finishing, Razara!  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and that your favorite pair got together emot-smile  You're damn right about Akio's tea, of course.

On the puzzle that seems to have a couple people stuck -- you've figured out what you need to do, and Duelist Megu is correct about the tool you need to use to do it.  As to particulars:

Epi, it sounds like you can't get out of Juri's flat?  You should be able to do that: from the inside, doors are easy to unlock, and once you're outside just HIKE TO OHTORI like usual!

Duelist Megu, it sounds like you've already trimmed the photo, but you're having trouble making the switch.  I don't think the game knows how to do that in one command.  Try breaking it down into two smaller steps: what's the first thing you do when you want to switch out one photo for another?

Please do use spoiler tags, like so:

Code:

[color=white]This text is hidden![/color]

Last edited by satyreyes (08-23-2010 09:23:50 PM)

#70 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:31:56 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I won.

Thank you for everything, Satyr. It's AMAZING. I-I want more. /restarts

#71 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:34:25 PM

teyhy
High Tripper
Website

Awesome game satyreyes etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
I've been playing since yesterday and I guess I am a little slow 'cause I had problems even with those damn pajamas. I almost left in my undies.

Epi_lepsia:I FOUND THE GLOVES /tears of joy

Me too.

And, could anyone please hint about the whereabouts of the key?

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - H. Berlioz.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/teyhy/for%20fo/Untitled-1copy.jpg?t=1280266589

#72 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:35:41 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

teyhy wrote:

could anyone please hint about the whereabouts of the key?

Near Anthy.

#73 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:40:55 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Thank you for everything, Satyr.

You're welcome, sweetheart.  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!  Writing it was a joy as well emot-biggrin  Learning the bizarre natural-ish programming language made my brain bend over backwards, and then there was finding the right symbolic allegory for the Shadow Girls!

Teyhy, the key's in the greenhouse, where Anthy "lost" it; making you search the whole campus for it would be just too cruel!

#74 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:43:22 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

I just met Kozue. She's awesome. My character is going to be her best friend. I think her conversation was my favorite so far. I also love Akio's "personal collection". And I particularly love the reactions to the cheesy pick-up lines. Luckily, I found the gloves (had to try different words before I could look for them - x lockers didn't work, nor did x equipment lockers, but x equipment did). I'm going to explore some more.

Saionji is surprisingly well-spoken, and Anthy is absolutely chilling. They may sort of be caricatures, but I think they're fairly accurate. One of my favorite moments so far involves Anthy: How she reacts when you try to get an orange rose. Everything from what she says to how she touches her cheek where Juri hit her. Oh Anthy, you creeper. I had shivers.

Edit: Oh no, I MUST find the Shadow Girls! I'm going to have to look for them.

Edit 2: Haha. I just chose to examine the Ohtori arch. I guess the arch and the tower are just about all you need to know about this school.

I'm having way too much fun.

Last edited by Like_Autumn (08-23-2010 09:47:44 PM)

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#75 | Back to Top08-23-2010 09:48:56 PM

teyhy
High Tripper
Website

I found the key thank you guys emot-smile but I did look all over school first emot-gonk

You will talk to me Juri, I promise. Damn this is how Wakaba must feel.

Last edited by teyhy (08-23-2010 09:51:28 PM)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - H. Berlioz.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/teyhy/for%20fo/Untitled-1copy.jpg?t=1280266589

Board footer