This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-12-2013 11:59:14 AM

toseetheroses
Saionji Slapper
Website

Post Ohtori Anth Becoming a badass, Y/N?

Just an idea I had... What if she kept her (some) of her rose bride powers after she went into the outside world? wish my scanner was working, I have a cool semi-comic thing drawn up

You have no power over me

#2 | Back to Top08-12-2013 01:02:19 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: Post Ohtori Anth Becoming a badass, Y/N?

toseetheroses wrote:

Just an idea I had... What if she kept her (some) of her rose bride powers after she went into the outside world? wish my scanner was working, I have a cool semi-comic thing drawn up

NEED TO SEE.

Plus, Anthy still seem to have the ability to communicate with Chu-Chu - her 'witch familiar', who still is depicted as superanimal smart - at her moment of departure. I see no reason why she'd lose power - except the portion possibly taken by Utena during the Final Duel, that is.

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#3 | Back to Top08-12-2013 05:53:49 PM

toseetheroses
Saionji Slapper
Website

Don't worry, I'll get around to posting it asap, and yeah, but i thought alot of people thought she lost pm everything after she freed herself from her coffin. But yay! wanna speculate things with me?

#4 | Back to Top08-12-2013 05:55:35 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

toseetheroses wrote:

Don't worry, I'll get around to posting it asap, and yeah, but i thought alot of people thought she lost pm everything after she freed herself from her coffin. But yay! wanna speculate things with me?

Sure!  Come ask me anything and see what I think of it emot-dance

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#5 | Back to Top08-13-2013 08:10:14 PM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

toseetheroses wrote:

but i thought alot of people thought she lost pm everything after she freed herself from her coffin.

Certainly not me. Whatever Anthy is...she still "is" it even after she leaves Ohtori. I don't know what she is and I've never wanted to be tied down by forming a solid opinion on it, but I think she can very comfortably be called "more than human", and will remain so.

The real question is whether Utena has transcended normal humanity.

Last edited by Aelanie (08-13-2013 08:11:02 PM)

#6 | Back to Top08-14-2013 01:16:15 AM

toseetheroses
Saionji Slapper
Website

Aelanie wrote:

toseetheroses wrote:

but i thought alot of people thought she lost pm everything after she freed herself from her coffin.

Certainly not me. Whatever Anthy is...she still "is" it even after she leaves Ohtori. I don't know what she is and I've never wanted to be tied down by forming a solid opinion on it, but I think she can very comfortably be called "more than human", and will remain so.

The real question is whether Utena has transcended normal humanity.

True, but everyone just goes on and on about Utena(i cant really blame them that girls a queen), when really the series was, in my eyes at least, about Anthy more than anyone. She was already totally badass(one of the reasons other than typo i wish i could change the thread name), but i dont know, i just wish people could actually focus on her? it seems like a lot of the driving concepts of most threads is utena/touga/akio/ which isn't a bad thing! but still. the resident witch needs more love

#7 | Back to Top08-14-2013 05:35:52 PM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

There are quite a few threads that discuss her role, in both the series and the movie. (You've already read my own take on Movie Anthy.)

Here's a good thread that happened not too long ago: http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=3301&p=1

#8 | Back to Top08-16-2013 03:10:02 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

We can always use more good threads about Anthy, and this is an interesting take on it. I don't know if it's the same now, but way back in the wayback, everyone always wrote Anthy as being some shy, retired owner of a florist's shop on the outside, when I think the reality is that she'd be kicking ass and taking names trying to live up to the ideal that Utena set-- or at least, to the ideal of becoming her own person.

There were outliers, of course, but I think that's still the perception of how Anthy would act post-Ohtori, and I think toseetheroses is right; she totally wouldn't be.

toseetheroses wrote:

(one of the reasons other than typo i wish i could change the thread name)

PM me, I can make the magic happen emot-wink

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer