This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-29-2006 11:01:07 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Damn cold

It is officially too cold in Denver.  It's 7 degrees outside - a dry 7 at that.

Okay, I'm done complaining now.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#2 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:17:01 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: Damn cold

angelicreation wrote:

It is officially too cold in Denver.  It's 7 degrees outside - a dry 7 at that.

Okay, I'm done complaining now.

I am assuming you mean 7 degrees F not 7 degrees C, in that case it sounds like brass monkey weather.

#3 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:21:30 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Let's trade places. It's 78 right here. Meet you at the airport!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#4 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:27:21 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'd trade you as well. I like the cold. If it's too damn cold, that just gives me an excuse to do things to warm myself up.

And I need it to be damn cold in order for me to wear jackets. It's too damn hot to wear them here.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#5 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:56:13 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I love the cold.

Unfortunately southern Ohio is basically the only place in the northern US above 50. I want snow now dammit.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#6 | Back to Top11-30-2006 01:43:24 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I'm a cold weather sort of person myself, I have troubles functioning all that well in any heat above 25C (77F), give me tempertures around 15F (59F) and below.

#7 | Back to Top11-30-2006 07:46:10 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Low temperatures are freaky... Last year it was very very cold here. -20 to -30 degress C.
I hope this year it won't be that cold. Right now it's been around 8-10 degrees and I hope it'll stay this way.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#8 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:06:44 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I don't like any weather, i hatehatehate summer, i hate spring, i hate authum, and i hate winter. In Mexico, or at least in Cancun, this seasons doesn't exist, it's just "rain season" and "dry season" (but even when it was dry season, it was still rainy). In here in Spain, the weather changes so fast, and it's easy to get sick. We can be at 40º in September, and in ends of October we are 15º. Right now, we are 10-15º (depends of the hour) and it's raining all the day.

I really hate it. In spring, the allergic people (as I) die for the flowers, flowers RAINS (no joking), they are everywhere, flowers, petals, achoo -vomits-. In winter, it snows, and in summer it's so hot that there are many fires and there are many accidents because the dry weather makes fire comes easy. Also, many people dies.

#9 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:12:26 AM

Dematrah
Ruthless Deflorist

Our weather is insane. It'll be 80 F one day, and in the low 30's the next.

BUT we're in between two nasty storms right now. Yesterday was nothing but ice coming down. I didn't go to work today because I couldn't even get into my car, and even if I could I'm NOT driving down a hill of ice. Or many hills, like my normal route.  But now we're supposed to get about a foot of snow today, and the storm is ON ITS WAY. :3

Currently, it's about 19 F outside, with a wind chill of 4 or lower, depending on the wind (which is picking up...). Darn heater, I want my room to be warm! emot-gonk *shiver*

"We want beans, not goals." - Anon.

#10 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:15:21 AM

iruka
Rose Smilee

The world is officially going to hell.

Here, it's much too WARM for (almost)December. emot-gonk

Not that I like cold - far from it - but this is just unnatural.

Last edited by iruka (11-30-2006 09:16:18 AM)

#11 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:31:05 AM

littleRita
Wakaba Wrangler

We spent most of the week at around 50º F, and today it dropped to 17º.emot-frown The wind off the lake isn't exactly making it any nicer, too.

#12 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:16:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wow I've never seen this many people prefer cold. Then again I'm Florida, everyone here moved down from up north to get to where it's warm. I hate it. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#13 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:41:16 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I susually like the cold.  I adore snow.  But when it goes from being in the 40s one day to 7 the next, you get a little cold shock.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#14 | Back to Top11-30-2006 11:42:56 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Epi_lepsia wrote:

I don't like any weather, i hatehatehate summer, i hate spring, i hate authum, and i hate winter. In Mexico, or at least in Cancun, this seasons doesn't exist, it's just "rain season" and "dry season" (but even when it was dry season, it was still rainy).

In Mazatlan happens almost the same, seasons don't exist except for "hot time" and "cold time" and the cold there is actually really nice because it's not really cold... is cool and nice.
I am envying all my friends and family there because I have to suffer now the crazyness of Mexico city weather. You have the fucking 4 seasons... in ONE DAY!!! You have to get out with a coat because on the morning is too damn cold, at noon you have to take it of because is so damn hot. And now the cold is even worse!!! And my aparment is not warm at all and don't have any heating. emot-frown

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#15 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:06:40 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Romanticide wrote:

Epi_lepsia wrote:

I don't like any weather, i hatehatehate summer, i hate spring, i hate authum, and i hate winter. In Mexico, or at least in Cancun, this seasons doesn't exist, it's just "rain season" and "dry season" (but even when it was dry season, it was still rainy).

In Mazatlan happens almost the same, seasons don't exist except for "hot time" and "cold time" and the cold there is actually really nice because it's not really cold... is cool and nice.
I am envying all my friends and family there because I have to suffer now the crazyness of Mexico city weather. You have the fucking 4 seasons... in ONE DAY!!! You have to get out with a coat because on the morning is too damn cold, at noon you have to take it of because is so damn hot. And now the cold is even worse!!! And my aparment is not warm at all and don't have any heating. emot-frown

Buenas! 8D qué tal? esperando con ganitas la toma de la presidencia? tengo miedo.

Right now i'm living in Spain, but i was born in Guadalajara, but i used to live in Cancun xDu i miss mazatlan so much ;_; i used to go there when i was a kid and i used to eat charales con sal x3

I hate spanish weather, in the morning it's cold and in the afternoon it's so hot, also in one week the temperature can change so fast, it's annoying, my closet is always changing!!

If you complain about DF, come to spain, dear u_u.

Y me gustaría estar más al tanto de lo de mañana, porque desde aqui, está cabrón para saber algo ô_o

#16 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:44:22 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I can't stand the cold; New England weather will do that to you. It starts too early and ends too late. Then again, it's hard to complain about anything that gives us something as beautiful as snow. I love going up north to see snow on the trees and mountains.

If I lived farther south, I would probably be saying the exact opposite. If you live where it's warm, you love the cold, and if you live where it's cold, you love being warm. Or at least, that's how it is with most people.

#17 | Back to Top11-30-2006 03:37:28 PM

Ger
Rose Smilee
Website

We're having a "cold front" here. (as in, 6-9 degrees C or so) and freezing at night. This doesn't happen a lot in Texas, so people are panicking.
I miss snow. emot-frown

#18 | Back to Top11-30-2006 03:41:39 PM

Calliston
High Tripper

Here, it's a record cold at -30 degrees C, and -40 with windchill. It's. Fucking. Cold.

#19 | Back to Top11-30-2006 04:19:21 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Greetings from tropical Connecticut, where it's a balmy 15C/59F on the day before December.  We're "supposed" to be around 6C/44F for the daily high here, but not the last few days.

I want snow! emot-mad

Yeah, I'm another one of those insane people that actually likes the winter and snow.  Fortunately, we may finally get a taste of winter this weekend.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#20 | Back to Top11-30-2006 07:08:27 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Buenas! 8D qué tal? esperando con ganitas la toma de la presidencia? tengo miedo.
Y me gustaría estar más al tanto de lo de mañana, porque desde aqui, está cabrón para saber algo ô_o

Buenas madrugadas para ti tambien.(Son 7 horas de diferencia asi que estoy segura que alla es de madrugada) Te constesto por privado, la respuesta es algo larga y no quiero molestar a la gente del foro yendome por la tangente. Aqui te dejo estos links para que te des una pequeña idea.
http://www.cronica.com.mx/nota.php?id_nota=273628

http://www.rotativo.com.mx/articulo,303,html

http://www.diariovasco.com/20061129/mundo/mexico-investidura-pelea_200611290728.html

Nothing like seen politicians beating the hell out each other to make my day -.-

Right now i'm living in Spain, but i was born in Guadalajara, but i used to live in Cancun xDu i miss mazatlan so much ;_; i used to go there when i was a kid and i used to eat charales con sal x3

Guadalajara is so cool!!! It has the good things a big city without being completely crowded like here in Mexico DF. I go there every year because my dad goes to a golf tournament in summer.

I hate spanish weather, in the morning it's cold and in the afternoon it's so hot, also in one week the temperature can change so fast, it's annoying, my closet is always changing!!

If you complain about DF, come to spain, dear u_u.

I went 3 years ago to Barcelona and Salamanca. Barcelona was really nice, the nights just were a little chilly. But Salamanca was frozen hell. It some of the most kickass historic buildings I have ever seen but it's so fucking cold!!! The worst was the wind, no matter how many jackets you wore, the wind till passed through and chilled your  bones emot-mad If I ever go again I will go in summer!!!

Last edited by Romanticide (11-30-2006 07:14:35 PM)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#21 | Back to Top11-30-2006 07:53:44 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

iruka wrote:

The world is officially going to hell.

Here, it's much too WARM for (almost)December. emot-gonk

Not that I like cold - far from it - but this is just unnatural.

I agree - this weather is completely freaking me out. I wish it would just get cold like it should.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#22 | Back to Top12-01-2006 03:15:34 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Ger wrote:

We're having a "cold front" here. (as in, 6-9 degrees C or so) and freezing at night. This doesn't happen a lot in Texas, so people are panicking.
I miss snow. emot-frown

...I think I'm allowed to panic, thank you very much.emot-gonk

Anything below 70 is horrible if you ask me. I'm also convinced you people made snow up. >__>

#23 | Back to Top12-01-2006 07:34:04 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Calliston wrote:

Here, it's a record cold at -30 degrees C, and -40 with windchill. It's. Fucking. Cold.

Siberia?

#24 | Back to Top12-01-2006 08:19:03 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

allegoriest wrote:

Ger wrote:

I miss snow. emot-frown

Anything below 70 is horrible if you ask me. I'm also convinced you people made snow up. >__>

No, it exists, I've seen it. Never touched fresh snow, as I'm a California boy, but I have seen it when driving through the mountains.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#25 | Back to Top12-01-2006 08:48:48 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

ShatteredMirror wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

Ger wrote:

I miss snow. emot-frown

No, it exists, I've seen it. Never touched fresh snow, as I'm a California boy, but I have seen it when driving through the mountains.

Then how do you know it's really real? Might just have fallen from a castle in the sky... emot-wink

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

Board footer