This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top09-15-2009 02:58:32 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Re: NEW FORUM moshiku shikumo

I've often wanted to go to my fanfic threads and change the first word to 'fanfiction' instead of 'fanfic' to make the search function easier for people who might be looking to read fanfic. emot-redface

But I get that the ability to change titles of threads you create could cause huge problems for finding stuff that people are used to being a certain name.

So um...will that every be a likely possibility?

#77 | Back to Top09-15-2009 06:11:34 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I think the mods can change thread titles, so I suppose you could ask them to do so. I have no idea how much work is involved though, or if they'd rather people not make a habit of this or any such thing.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#78 | Back to Top09-15-2009 07:58:04 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Well the answer to that is 8 threads in total all which have 'fanfic' as their first word.
6 of which you can get in a search by putting 'fanfic' in keyword, 'sharnii' in author, and marking 'all forums', and 'topic subject only'.

The other 2 are found here: http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=1528
And here: http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=1522

I don't know why they don't all come up in the one search...
But anyway the only change I'd want as I said before is 'fanfic' to 'fanfiction'. Because I've realised that people probably don't search by 'fanfic', and when I search 'fanfiction' they don't come up.

If this is too hard or the mods don't want to set a precedent I'm fine with no change, just checking. emot-keke
Oh and I wonder now...that wouldn't change the link would it? I imagine the link would be exactly the same.

#79 | Back to Top09-15-2009 08:06:44 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Sorry all, double post just to note that I realized my subscribed topics seem to be quite changed. Is this something to do with the new forum change around? Like I'm thinking, maybe the numbers that ID posts have changed, or am I getting confused?

On a side note the new forum seems like a good idea in a practical sense, and kudos satyr and whoever else was involved on all the shifting work.

#80 | Back to Top09-15-2009 09:34:17 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

sharnii wrote:

If this is too hard or the mods don't want to set a precedent I'm fine with no change, just checking. emot-keke
Oh and I wonder now...that wouldn't change the link would it? I imagine the link would be exactly the same.

This I can help you with emot-smile  I've retitled all six of your fanfic threads to use the word "fanfiction" instead.

sharnii wrote:

Sorry all, double post just to note that I realized my subscribed topics seem to be quite changed. Is this something to do with the new forum change around? Like I'm thinking, maybe the numbers that ID posts have changed, or am I getting confused?

This I can't make head or tail of emot-frown  My subscriptions seemed unaffected by the change, or at least I haven't noticed anything wrong yet.  I'm afraid I don't have much advice for you beyond "go through the active threads and make sure you're subscribed to the ones you like."  Anyone else having this problem?

#81 | Back to Top09-15-2009 08:04:12 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

satyr: This I can help you with emot-smile  I've retitled all six of your fanfic threads to use the word "fanfiction" instead.

*sobs tears of joy and hugs satyr* poptart poptart poptart

And I'll go back and re-subscribe to the stuff I want I reckon.

Board footer