This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1076 | Back to Top01-22-2009 01:31:24 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

Re: Clusterf**k to the White House: The Thread

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I would also like to thank Beyonce for not FUBARing one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I usually mock her, but I agree. She did a lovely job and seemed much more humble and happy than I'd expected her to be.

Stormcrow wrote:

But I like it.emot-keke

Agree again.

An aside relating to the thread's name: last night on The Daily Show John Oliver referred to the inauguration as "The biggest clusterf**k in the history of clusterf**ks." I laughed, and thought of this. It was fascinating to read even before I was active here. Thank you for all the information, Satyr. emot-smile And everyone else!

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#1077 | Back to Top01-22-2009 02:05:48 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

satyreyes wrote:

Today Obama signed an executive order that begins the process of closing Guantanamo Bay and all secret CIA detention facilities overseas.  He's also already logged an executive order banning gifts from lobbyists to executive personnel and requiring transparency in the keeping of presidential records, including those of previous presidents.  I couldn't be happier with his first 48 hours in office.

I'm quite surprised that he got to this so quickly. I expected him to take at least a few months before actually giving the orders. Considering how much mess he has to deal with, he has his priorites straight. Now, if he could do something to that Patriot Act...Maybe we Europeans would follow his example, like we did Bush's and stop the surveillance crap while we still have some privacy rights left.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#1078 | Back to Top01-22-2009 04:34:56 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Lightice wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Today Obama signed an executive order that begins the process of closing Guantanamo Bay and all secret CIA detention facilities overseas.  He's also already logged an executive order banning gifts from lobbyists to executive personnel and requiring transparency in the keeping of presidential records, including those of previous presidents.  I couldn't be happier with his first 48 hours in office.

I'm quite surprised that he got to this so quickly. I expected him to take at least a few months before actually giving the orders. Considering how much mess he has to deal with, he has his priorites straight. Now, if he could do something to that Patriot Act...Maybe we Europeans would follow his example, like we did Bush's and stop the surveillance crap while we still have some privacy rights left.

I like how this is going so far. etc-love

Maybe I can stop saying that I'm Canadian when I go oversees.

#1079 | Back to Top01-23-2009 10:09:44 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

I'm worried about all this overblown euphoria. No mere human being can possibly live up to it, even leaving aside the fact that many of his supporters have contradictory desires and goals. But still, it feels like daybreak and birdsong after a deluge of sludge.

Even if he turns into a mediocrity and a disappointment it will still be a huge improvement.

Last edited by brian (01-23-2009 10:11:07 PM)

Board footer