This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top07-07-2008 03:46:37 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Re: Seeking satirical voice actors!

I sent in my samples, but I ended up hitting Send before I entered a subject line! emot-gonk Keep an eye out for mine, would you?

#77 | Back to Top07-07-2008 05:55:31 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I got it. emot-biggrin

It's so weird to hear what you all sound like! It makes me realize that I already have voices picked out for everyone in my head. Then I listen and WOAH! Completely different.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#78 | Back to Top07-07-2008 07:22:23 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

I got it. emot-biggrin

It's so weird to hear what you all sound like! It makes me realize that I already have voices picked out for everyone in my head. Then I listen and WOAH! Completely different.

Ha ha, you remind me that I keep meaning to send in an audition, if only because I can guarantee I sound nothing like you'd expect. emot-biggrin

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#79 | Back to Top07-10-2008 10:50:56 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

I'll probably be applying for a man-part, Naji, so that should help you out. I have a very low register and can sound pretty damn masculine if I try. For once, excess testosterone is a plus for me! emot-dance Don't know of any particular one I want, so I'll probably just do most of them and let you decide.

This also gives me an excuse to try and figure out my laptop's sound and video schtuffs'. emot-tongue Yay!

Last edited by Frau Eva (07-10-2008 10:51:19 AM)

Hat Mafia Member

#80 | Back to Top07-30-2008 01:19:56 AM

Eryn Cerise
Rose Smilee
Website

Phew, sent in my lines just before the end of August. Glad I found this thread in time. emot-keke; Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

#81 | Back to Top07-30-2008 02:46:38 AM

Prince Anthy
Wakaba Wrangler

emot-aaa
i'm going to have to do this...
><

"...instead of a Princess to be protected, I want to be a dashing Prince!"

#82 | Back to Top07-30-2008 07:12:45 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

You know, at this point? I would love to get every single part filled. While there have only been two male parts auditioned for, both very minor, I still would love to hear from more of the lady types.

I have started on making a video for YouTube that says the same stuff as I said here. So if you really would like first dibs on a part,* it'd be good if you hurried it along. But if you're just auditioning to appease me, take your sweet time. etc-love

*I guess I shouldn't say first dibs. It's more like IRG is the tie breaker if there are two people of equal talent going for the same part. Anywhosilies, I have some pizza to microwave.

#83 | Back to Top07-30-2008 09:01:43 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I gave up on trying to record my voice on my computer a long time ago, but my mom has a new mac book, and I'm trying to see if the voice recording doesn't suck as much... Once I figure out how to work this apple-y contraption thing.

#84 | Back to Top07-31-2008 12:42:14 AM

Eryn Cerise
Rose Smilee
Website

It's not bad for an internal computer mic, but it's far from what I would call "good quality." I think that in a pinch, you can probably use it, but I'd invest in a cheap USB headset or free-standing mic instead.

Also, Naji: have you thought about putting out calls for male voice actors at Voice Acting Alliance? I'm sure you'd get plenty of good takers there.

Last edited by Eryn Cerise (07-31-2008 12:44:29 AM)

#85 | Back to Top07-31-2008 01:06:01 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I have not. My first priority is having fun. My second priority is getting people who like Utena. My third priority is decent voice actors. I'd really like a medium range for choosing people. Not too many, not too few... As far as I can tell, here and YouTube will be fine for what I'm looking for, but if the search need be expanded, I will keep that in mind. emot-keke

And what I use for a mic, Razara? Is a MacBook internal mic. emot-tongue You have to bend into all sorts of crazy shapes to really get your voice recorded at its best, but I'd say it's worth being "free." The external microphone I invested in died halfway through episode one. So even if it's not of the highest caliber, you'll fit right in.

You should be able to record whatever you want to say in GarageBand and then export it to iTunes, which I've found to be the easiest way of making an MP3 file. Just make sure you have the recording at its highest possible volume.

Board footer