This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-09-2009 02:04:16 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Most Awesome Anime Villan(s)

Because the bad guys need love too. Who in your opinon, is the best of all time? For me it's Cell. The guy has incredible power, savviness, and scary heartlessness.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#2 | Back to Top03-09-2009 03:24:40 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: Most Awesome Anime Villan(s)

Incognito from Hellsing. Talk about heartless, this guy wrote the book.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#3 | Back to Top03-09-2009 03:50:02 PM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Father Anderson form Hellsing. Seriously, that guy needs to be locked somewhere... school-devil

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#4 | Back to Top03-09-2009 07:08:55 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Buu from DBZ, three words: 'Human Genocide Beam'

#5 | Back to Top03-09-2009 07:46:21 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

But wasn't this supposed to be about ANIME villains?

#6 | Back to Top03-09-2009 08:06:21 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Anime villains. Hmm.

This is really obscure, but Papachariino Nanadan from the series Photon. Not only is he one of the best examples of a bumbling, incompetent villain with bumbling, incompetent minions that he beats on a regular basis, but he's a fiendishly good setup for when the REAL villain, the galactic emperor, appears in the last episode and is genuinely, truly creepy.

Also very obscure, but Silky from Tenshi ni Narumon. During the first half of the series, it appears as if she's the slave, or toy of the apparent villain, Dispell, but at the halfway point as Dispell ails over having failed to achieve his objective, Silky declares she's bored and turns Dispell into a doll, and proceeds to be the real baddie, and a batshit crazy one too.

Okay, fine. Something more mainstream. Jinnai from El Hazard, just because he's hilarious.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#7 | Back to Top03-09-2009 08:10:03 PM

Shinolala2
Forum's Favorite Mommy
Website

captian hook and jafar. disneyvillians.

if you have any rgu art request please do ask!
https://www.instagram.com/joyb0mb/

#8 | Back to Top03-09-2009 08:39:47 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Whoopsadillio. Ah come on. No love for Lecter and such? Anime villains. Well, obviously there's Akio. But waaay above him on my list is Kazutaka Muraki. Muraki is one of my single most defining villains and I was frankly rooting for him throughout the entirety of Yami no Matsuei.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#9 | Back to Top03-09-2009 08:46:20 PM

Mock Puppet
Azure Paleontologist
Website

Light Yagami (Death Note) to me is one of the worse types of villains; the type that believe they are the real good guys.  This means that their own conscience is on their side and those are the type of people for whom the phrase "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." was created for.

“Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.”
-A. Nonymous-

#10 | Back to Top03-10-2009 05:11:57 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Freeza - DBZ. C'mon, he's in the gallery of the most evil tyrants of the Universe. Actually, all of them from the family are wicked villains. Freeza, Cooler, King Cold... I wonder what Freeza's mom's name is... "Glacia"?

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#11 | Back to Top03-10-2009 05:47:19 AM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Mock Puppet wrote:

Light Yagami (Death Note) to me is one of the worse types of villains; the type that believe they are the real good guys.  This means that their own conscience is on their side and those are the type of people for whom the phrase "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." was created for.

Well, he's so intolerable, and it's what made Death Note unwatchable to me. I want a protagonist I'm meant to be rooting for when I watch something. Not to mention there are so many the fans of the show that think Light is actually meant to be the hero and want a Death Note of their very own to exact their petty pre-teen sense of justice on the world with. Kind of makes a series hard to approach.

#12 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:13:09 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Baka Kakumei Reanna wrote:

Mock Puppet wrote:

Light Yagami(Death Note)

It's what made Death Note unwatchable to me.

Makes sense if Knight Templar type characters tend to piss you off, especially if they are the star of the show.

#13 | Back to Top03-10-2009 08:38:26 AM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Hellmaster from Slayers. I love that he's a kid, it adds to his cruelty.

Dilandau for the seriously psychologically messed up...

20 threads dead so far.

#14 | Back to Top03-10-2009 08:46:12 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

emot-rofl at all three main DBZ villians being listed already.

I was going to say Cell.

~ Dreaming of my Fire Flower ~

#15 | Back to Top03-10-2009 02:17:02 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Tamago wrote:

Mock Puppet wrote:

Light Yagami(Death Note)

It's what made Death Note unwatchable to me.

Makes sense if Knight Templar type characters tend to piss you off, especially if they are the star of the show.

Mmm, TV Tropes. Everytime I go there I spend at least two hours there. Good job. D:

#16 | Back to Top03-10-2009 02:30:29 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

@Baka Kakumei Reanna

Yes TvTropes has that effect doesn't it?

#17 | Back to Top03-10-2009 04:05:43 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Tamago wrote:

@Baka Kakumei Reanna

Yes TvTropes has that effect doesn't it?

Agh stop it!

Also: Fallout 3 applies to this in a way that's really not fair. But now I've hijacked the thread, so...

#18 | Back to Top03-10-2009 05:29:01 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Well, he's so intolerable, and it's what made Death Note unwatchable to me. I want a protagonist I'm meant to be rooting for when I watch something. Not to mention there are so many the fans of the show that think Light is actually meant to be the hero and want a Death Note of their very own to exact their petty pre-teen sense of justice on the world with. Kind of makes a series hard to approach.

I watched it for the pleasure of eventually seeing his teeth metaphorically kicked in, and that smirk wiped off his face. At first it was fun to see his awesomely cunning schemes, and then it was fun to see him fail utterly.

Well, odd enough that Akio hasn't yet been mentioned - you people take him for granted, or something? emot-rolleyes
I find him especially impressive in that he manages to be almost completely nonviolent, and extremely rarely doing anything even resembling intimidation, yet he still manages to be a powerful, impressive villain-character. Plus that he can wear an apron and bake a cake, and still not lose his cool.

Hmm...What else...Yoshi from Texhnolyze is pretty damn impressive too. A pudgy, friendly middle-aged exterior hiding a lifetime worth of pent frustration and hatred at the world he couldn't change, all boiling down to pure insanity as soon as he sees a glimpse of a society that he likes.

Oh, and Kazunoto Gôda from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. Another magnificent bastard who completely lacking a personal ideology beyond the desire to show his abilities manages to approach the society from a scientifically impassive view, and tinker with it like an engineer with a complex machine, changing its course for an outcome that proves his point, simply because he can. A true meme programmer like I've never seen in any other work of fiction.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#19 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:22:49 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Mmm, TV Tropes. Everytime I go there I spend at least two hours there. Good job. D:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/dollwithnoheart/Illjustlookatthisonearticleontvtrop.jpg

...excuse the typo, I didn't make it. Still true, though. school-devil As for Death Note, what I always find really interesting about the show is that I liked neither L nor Light; I can see their opposing viewpoints quite easily but they're both too extreme for me to support either one of them. The show is like watching a train wreck. But I seem to enjoy watching train wrecks. emot-gonk

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#20 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:37:43 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Lightice wrote:

Well, odd enough that Akio hasn't yet been mentioned - you people take him for granted, or something? emot-rolleyes
I find him especially impressive in that he manages to be almost completely nonviolent, and extremely rarely doing anything even resembling intimidation, yet he still manages to be a powerful, impressive villain-character. Plus that he can wear an apron and bake a cake, and still not lose his cool.

Maybe we can just have a "Who's Your Favorite Utena Villain" thread in the Utena forum. That way we can all say "Akio" and have collective orgasms.

#21 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:43:02 PM

The_A_Man
Someday Shiner
Website

Lightice wrote:

Maybe we can just have a "Who's Your Favorite Utena Villain" thread in the Utena forum. That way we can all say "Akio" and have collective orgasms.

emot-aaa I think I'd rather say someone else, but unfortunately, I can't think of any other Utena villains.

#22 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:44:46 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

The_A_Man wrote:

Lightice wrote:

emot-aaa I think I'd rather say someone else, but unfortunately, I can't think of any other Utena villains.

Just as planned...

#23 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:44:52 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Jessie and James from Pokemon, they fail at evil most of the time.

#24 | Back to Top03-10-2009 06:51:48 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

The_A_Man wrote:

Just as planned...

Touga's sort of a villain.... Saionji is too.....both of them in season one. Sort of.

Oh and there's Anthy, as well. Sort of.

emot-biggrin Maybe Akio's the only real definite villain?

Last edited by hollow_rose (03-10-2009 06:53:25 PM)

20 threads dead so far.

#25 | Back to Top03-10-2009 07:24:48 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

hollow_rose wrote:

Touga's sort of a villain.... Saionji is too.....both of them in season one. Sort of.

How about Mikage?

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

Board footer