This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-22-2006 03:47:39 AM

Marin
ex-was_ohtori_akio
Website

Mulholland Drive

This little movie by David Lynch is a favourite of mine and I do believe that Utena fans would also enjoy it... Has anyone here seen it?

Picutres of LIve Action Akio [or I like to think so ;) LoL]

www.modelmayhem.com/marin

#2 | Back to Top11-22-2006 04:36:11 AM

Sanguine_Rose
Juri Jeerer

Re: Mulholland Drive

What's it about?

When Patrick Stewart says "Come", WE ALL COME.

#3 | Back to Top11-22-2006 11:14:30 AM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

I absolutely cannot STAND David Lynch, but I loved Mulholland Drive. I think that should say something. Everyone should go see it. It has lesbians. etc-wankgirl

#4 | Back to Top11-22-2006 01:45:20 PM

Marin
ex-was_ohtori_akio
Website

Sanguine_Rose wrote:

What's it about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulholland … %28film%29

Picutres of LIve Action Akio [or I like to think so ;) LoL]

www.modelmayhem.com/marin

#5 | Back to Top11-30-2006 04:30:51 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

David Lynch = Confusing. But I disgress, most of his films are good. "Lost Highway" .....is eerie because the ending scene reminds me of SKU's ending sequence from the Apocalypse Saga. If you liked Mulholland Drive than I strongly recommend seeing most of his films, they cause you to think..or shuck your TV out of a nearby window.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#6 | Back to Top11-30-2006 06:06:19 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Personal_IceQueen wrote:

David Lynch = Confusing. But I disgress, most of his films are good. "Lost Highway" .....is eerie because the ending scene reminds me of SKU's ending sequence from the Apocalypse Saga. If you liked Mulholland Drive than I strongly recommend seeing most of his films, they cause you to think..or shuck your TV out of a nearby window.

It depends, though. I liked Mulholland Drive, (my teacher made fun of me for calling it a "beautiful love story" emot-gonk ) but I really cannot stand anything else David Lynch has made--and as a film student with a major Lynch-fan for a teacher, I can truthfully say that I've seen quite a few. He just...he annoys me because most of what he does seems like it's "weird for the sake of being weird", you know? And it feels like...he does confusing things...just for the sake of being confusing. Or there's stuff that feels like he was like "YEAH AWESOME! BLEHEHHH!!!!" in a very teenagery kind of way...I mean, obviously I'm projecting there, but I can't help but think that whenever I watch anything he's made. Even if he does have something to say it feels like there's no substance. And it especially annoys me when people go on lengthy tangents about the meanings behind his work because in interviews he's always just like "oh! there's no meaning at all!" (in an uncool way, as opposed to Ikuhara who has that technique DOWN) so why bother investing so much in someone's work when they pretend not to care (in an uncool way)? I dunno. He pisses me off. He has that stupid voice, too. I hate it. emot-gonk

#7 | Back to Top12-01-2006 09:57:18 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Yeah I know what you are talking about, David Lynch in interviews is intentionally vague to the point of nonsense. I think he does that for multiple purposes...but I think the main thing I've noticed in his films is that he likes subtle weirdness or small amounts of weirdness that just stretch out for extended periods of time....for reasons only he knows hehehehe:devil:

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#8 | Back to Top05-27-2007 02:20:36 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

i HATE this film.

Board footer