This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-06-2009 07:18:46 PM

gsilver
New Student

Re: Did Akio seduce anyone purely for pleasure?

The only ones we see all had a degree of manipulation behind them.

But one thing that I've joked about with Utena is,

All the girls have sex with Touga
All the guys have sex with Kozue
EVERYONE has sex with Akio.

He's not all business, all the time.

While I do doubt that he did anything to Wakaba (this would hurt his plans for Utena), I have little doubt that he's chased people without any connection to his ambitions.

But with the way the OP worded it... Every one was 'purely for pleasure'. For Akio, the control he gets over people is the goal, rather than the act.

As for Kanae, he definitely penetrated that apple.
...Wow. That sounds even dirtier after writing it down.

A wizard did it.

#27 | Back to Top03-06-2009 08:30:43 PM

Mock Puppet
Azure Paleontologist
Website

Yes I can just see it now, Anthy riding her big brother like she does every Saturday while Akio is secretly wishing that he was playing World of Warcraft instead.

“Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.”
-A. Nonymous-

#28 | Back to Top03-09-2009 07:59:18 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Purely for pleasure, and not with any ulterior motive? I can't think of anyone who it was clear he seduced that he didn't stand to gain something from, but I think we'd all like to think he has is mojo in mind just as much.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#29 | Back to Top04-18-2009 09:01:36 PM

YostinAust
Pathtracer

Aki does nothing for immediate gratification. All of his seductions are part of his Prince-Gate-Damn you ikuhara, you magnificent bastard-bride scheme. His methods may be indicative of personal preferences (foot fetish much?), but in general he sticks to his psychotic cycle of  building and destroying princes by any means necessary.

"In this age, the mere example of non-conformity, the mere refusal to bend the knee to custom, is itself a service"
     - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

#30 | Back to Top05-03-2009 02:19:22 PM

Melegant
Anthy Assailer

I think he seduces because he has nothing to be happy for. He tries to amuse himself, but he is empty. He does not believe in his succes, he does things because they are before him. In truth he does not want revolution - he does not truly believe in any revolution. But he has opportunities and possibilities, so he does SOMETHING.

My answer is yes; yes, Akio seduces because of his pleasure, but he can not feel pleasure.

"Lascivious grace, in whom all ill well shows,
Kill me with spites; yet we must not be foes."

- William Shakespeare, sonnet n. 40 -

#31 | Back to Top05-12-2009 10:11:00 PM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

While I find myself agreeing with Melegant, I also feel that he had some fun with Kozue (let's face it: the girl knows her stuff) though it was just a perk.

Otherwise, he probably got more sadistic pleasure from the mind-screwing manipulation than the actual sex.

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#32 | Back to Top05-14-2009 09:13:58 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

While I find myself agreeing with Melegant, I also feel that he had some fun with Kozue (let's face it: the girl knows her stuff) though it was just a perk.

Otherwise, he probably got more sadistic pleasure from the mind-screwing manipulation than the actual sex.

Indeed. But we must take into consideration that Akio's got to derive some form of pleasure through all of this seduction. I mean, part of his motives are clearly the manipulation, but who's to say that he doesn't derive some form of pleasure from the manipulation? Some people get off on stuff like that. Maybe he's the same way. It's fair to say that he did seduce the people he did for pleasure as well as business, but it eventually ended badly when Utena found out that he was screwing around with Anthy, reminding me of the old maxim "You should never mix work and play".

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#33 | Back to Top05-14-2009 11:36:33 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

PrinceoftheLostEternity wrote:

Some people get off on stuff like that. Maybe he's the same way. It's fair to say that he did seduce the people he did for pleasure as well as business, but it eventually ended badly when Utena found out that he was screwing around with Anthy, reminding me of the old maxim "You should never mix work and play".

But it seems to me it was Akio's design that Utena would find out about him and Anthy eventually.  (Akio is not so blind as to think that some night Utena wouldn't wake up, wonder where Anthy was, and go looking for her.)  The idea is to test Utena's "strength and nobility" to the limit.  She slept with this man.  After that, and after seeing this, can she still respect him?  Can she still respect Anthy?  Above all, can she still respect herself?  The cantarella scene and subsequent rooftop scene finally bring Utena's inner turmoil, kicked off by sleeping with Akio and complicated by discovering Akio and Anthy's incest, to a resolution.  She embraces the final duel, though hesitantly, as a means to free Anthy from Akio (no longer from the dueling game).  She even turns down Akio's offer of an illusory eternity, because it would mean stranding Anthy -- the person this is all about -- as the Rose Bride forever.

This post is incomplete (still have to talk about Akio's agenda) but I'm rushing to work!

Board footer