This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top06-03-2009 05:14:14 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Re: Random Utena Questions? Possible Analysis and or Anwsers...

Stormcrow wrote:

Ah, the bauble...I'm virtually certain I've invented the whole thing, but here's my personal canon.

... For this he was cursed to wander the Earth for 3000 years, and his green jewel with which he kept back his hair was taken from him. See where I'm going with this?

So in my personal canon, Akio/Dios and Anthy are related somehow to Ashwathama, perhaps his children. The bauble either is Ashwathama's original jewel that Akio has since retrieved, or a copy or something. Oh, in case any of you don't know, I suppose I should mention that the Mahabharata is a Hindu epic.

I etc-love this idea and new way of looking at this epic. poptart and hugs for you.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#152 | Back to Top06-06-2009 01:12:19 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

New suggestion: the bauble matches his lovely green eyes.
Could it be? emot-confused emot-rofl

#153 | Back to Top12-12-2009 07:21:14 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

So as I was reading the thread about Touga support for loving or not loving Utena; I thought up another question?

Does Touga know that Akio successfully slept with Utena? If so do ya'll think that it would have changed his feelings/actions towards her?

Random question: Considering  all the confusion and secrets going down at any given time. Whom in the main cast knows most of whats happening; not including Akio and Anthy?

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#154 | Back to Top12-12-2009 09:07:21 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Stormcrow, that is the coolest interpretation EVER. It's now canon in my brain.

I think Touga knows Akio slept with her. Akio never shied away from shoving him success with her in Touga's face before, and we all know Akio has a boner for mentally torturing others.

Hat Mafia Member

#155 | Back to Top12-12-2009 11:49:07 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Akio:  She was beautiful.
Touga:  Her, you mean?
Akio:  Yeah. Pure, and magnificent.
Akio:  A peerless princess.
Akio:  My precious one.
Touga:  I know that.

That's gloating. What a fucking jerk. emot-mad

I'd say Touga knows the most, Saionji understands the most. Utena, Juri, Miki, Nanami, etc...are totally clueless, to be honest.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer