This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#826 | Back to Top05-08-2008 08:33:08 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: vIRGin Meet in NYC? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR SEXY FUN TIME <3 <3

So there's mention of people wanting to go clubbing. I know nothing about clubbing so you kids are going to have to figure out where you want to go.

If it were me, I'd be aiming for one of the clubs with the Moroccan theme and bellydancers, but that's me. emot-keke There are several of those sorts of places in NYC.

You should be warned though that clubbing is especially uncheap in NYC and like Miami, a lot of clubs play games with the velvet rope so they have a reputation. emot-rolleyes

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#827 | Back to Top05-08-2008 11:11:17 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I know and I have been looking for in NYC clubs that don't so don't that stupid velvet rope thing...as for the un-cheap thing i am keeping an eye on it but it is New York City as I have been told that is the way of things. emot-frown

Some ideas I found for clubbing: Five Spot http://nymag.com/listings/bar/five-spot/ 
The SkinNYhttp://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/4 … kinny.html 
Posh http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/3 … id=2425112
No Malice Palace emot-dance  http://nymag.com/listings/bar/no-malice-palace/
a really hot pipe dream of mine emot-rolleyes http://splashbar.com/

Feedback welcome...really people if you have an helpful suggestion I am all ears emot-smile

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (05-09-2008 04:51:55 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#828 | Back to Top05-08-2008 11:14:05 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

What's the velvet rope?  emot-confused

#829 | Back to Top05-08-2008 11:30:51 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

OOhh I can answer this. The velvet rope is used to indicate line markers to regulate a queue. However as it pertains to fancy/Swank clubs sometimes a bouncer will use the velvet rope to block entrance to the club for those whom are deemed unworthy. (not dressed right, not hot enough, not on list, ect )

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#830 | Back to Top05-09-2008 10:15:24 AM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Stormcrow wrote:

Let us know when you schedule your UN tour, would you Mercury? If we could make it to the sex museum by 4, I think that's early enough, but that would be awfully tight for you, maybe impossible....Would it be bad for you to do the UN Friday morning?

Nope, there's no problem.  I'll have to re-read the fine print on the UN website to see whether I can schedule a tour as a small group, but an early Friday tour before Ellis Island is not out of the question.  If I can't schedule a tour, getting there for the first tour at 9:45 is my plan.

As for Ellis Island, there's an option to reserve ferry tickets.  See here.  There's also a "Flex Ticket" option good for a three-day period.  Assuming the UN tour is the first on Friday, and also assuming that the tour takes 45 minutes (it's guided, after all), I'm going to ballpark the ferry departure time at 1:00, with the tour (self-guided) taking three hours.  If you want to do Liberty Island as well, double the time required.

Some people over on the scheduling thread are under the impression that we're still planning on doing the Museum of Sex on Saturday, but if that works better for them, I won't attempt to persuade them otherwise.  For we nerds going to the lecture, going on Friday makes a little more sense.

Last edited by mercurynin (05-09-2008 10:38:13 AM)

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#831 | Back to Top05-09-2008 10:39:54 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

er, Thursday, right?

So yeah, those interested in the sex museum, how does Thursday at 4 sound to you?

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#832 | Back to Top05-09-2008 11:15:02 AM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Stormcrow wrote:

er, Thursday, right?

So yeah, those interested in the sex museum, how does Thursday at 4 sound to you?

Whoops, yes, Thursday.  My brains, they are scrambled.  I've got it straight over on the schedule thread in my latest post.

Also, Afghani food y/y?  Friday and Sunday evenings are open as far as I'm concerned, in the sense that group dinners are not scheduled for either day.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#833 | Back to Top05-11-2008 05:50:17 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'd like to put in a vote for pizza for dinner on one of the days we're uncommitted.  Gio has been haranguing me with imprecations to try New York pizza.

#834 | Back to Top05-11-2008 06:09:39 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Well I was figuring we'd get pizza delivered to the hotel Friday night for when we've all digested our dinners. This is in the downtown area so it'll no doubt deliver to us, and it's open late enough: http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdeta … isineid=50

Frankly one doesn't eat at a pizza place. You get the pizza and walk around with it, or plop your ass in the park, or go to your hotel and chill. I'm thinking we'll all get dinners on our own on Friday (just don't overstuff yourself kids), and then hang out at the Hilton. Delivered pizza and pop-tarts, ftw. cool We'll get sodas and such too, of course. I'm still unclear on the booze issue, as far as whether it'll be kosher or not. If it is, cool, if it's not, cool. I'm having a box of stuff shipped to NYC from Bevmo to pick up at UPS because it's the only way Yasha and I can get our damn Kinsen plum wine. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#835 | Back to Top05-11-2008 07:40:55 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I'm still unclear on the booze issue, as far as whether it'll be kosher or not. If it is, cool, if it's not, cool. I'm having a box of stuff shipped to NYC from Bevmo to pick up at UPS because it's the only way Yasha and I can get our damn Kinsen plum wine. emot-mad

You'll have to ask your local rabbi about the kosher thing, but I have no problem with booze in the room as long as Frosty is okay with it and as long as no one gives any to our underage attendees.  Don't ask me to be designated driver, though.  school-devil

#836 | Back to Top05-11-2008 09:09:53 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I'd be surprised if alcohol in the rooms was prohibited, as long as only people who can legally drink it are doing so. Most hotels have mini-bars: the hilton probably has its own restaurant that would be willing to room service alcohol to guests with their dinners if they ordered it. The only problem I see is more of a public order one.... the hotel won't want a raucous bachanalia disturbing people in other rooms. But I'm pretty sure we're responsible enough to avoid that kind of thing.

Last edited by Valeli (05-11-2008 09:13:01 PM)

#837 | Back to Top05-11-2008 09:13:00 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Raucous Bacchanalia sounds like a good name for an action star.

#838 | Back to Top05-11-2008 09:13:23 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

lol... doesn't it just.

#839 | Back to Top05-12-2008 06:18:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I would trust our group to be responsible. If anyone has requests for particular boozes and is willing to help pay, I can get a few things in that box I'm shipping up, so we have it all ready and no one's paying out the ass for sudden corner liquor store booze. I'm thinking get a couple bottles of regular booze (well not regular, stuff like the chai booze cool) and maybe a couple bottles of wine. I'm not out to get us smashed drunk, I just like to have a drink with friends. emot-keke

Edit: I'd say if everyone that plans to drink pledges 10bux and makes a request, I should be able to satisfy most of you, given there will be a few repeats. emot-keke Keep in mind also I'll be asking for about the same amount for snacks and such at the con viewing, and there's the Met ticket to pay for once I figure out whether it's still cheaper to claim a group given how many of us are students.

(I'd make these requests quickly, I'm about to order the booze tonight or tomorrow.)

Edit: Also it looks like the original group that okayed Balthazar has double-okayed. I'm going to book a reservation for ten today, probably during my lunchbreak.

#840 | Back to Top05-12-2008 09:16:32 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ALERT!

If you're going to the Met, I need to know you have a current and valid student ID, since they need to know ahead of time in a group who is paying at the student rate and who is not. Please post it here or PM me or whatever ASAP!!!

#841 | Back to Top05-12-2008 10:02:48 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I wanna go, please & I have a student ID! emot-smile

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#842 | Back to Top05-12-2008 10:15:07 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I have a student ID. Also I can drink pretty much anything that doesn't taste like licorice. Something to consider though, booze is heavy, especially booze for a dozen people. Might be best to make a liquor store run up there after all.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#843 | Back to Top05-12-2008 10:37:16 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm not getting all the booze at once like that, I'm just thinking for bottles where it'd be much cheaper. This is bonus money saving for you guys. Frankly the booze shipping trick is part of my vacation, and you guys get a little bit of a free ride on it. ;)

#844 | Back to Top05-12-2008 10:51:28 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

No student ID here!

For booze, I'd like champagne, pinot grigio, or maybe mead, in roughly that order of preference.  I'm happy to throw in $20 for booze and snacks.

WRT us getting smashed drunk, I want to watch Utena with my friends and a few drinks; I emphatically don't want to be everyone's conscience.  If you've had enough, I trust you to know it and stop drinking.

#845 | Back to Top05-12-2008 01:20:40 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I have a student id.

I don't know what'll happen in re: to the met with me, since I'm going to be out really late Sat. night probably. I know I'm going on my own earlier, so if I just feel too awful on 3 hours sleep I might pass on the Met trip and meet you all in the park for lunch instead. For preseent purposes, I guess plan on me making it out to the Met, and I'll cover my cost whether I make it or not.

I have no really specific drink requests; I'm sure you'll find interesting stuff. You can count me in for $10 there as well.

#846 | Back to Top05-12-2008 03:02:45 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Edit: Also it looks like the original group that okayed Balthazar has double-okayed. I'm going to book a reservation for ten today, probably during my lunchbreak.

Well that went the absolute opposite of how I'd planned it to.

Edit: As did plan B.

...and C.

#847 | Back to Top05-12-2008 04:47:25 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Actually I was wondering about the payment to you for snacks and such Gio. So I will pay for the rum and chip in 15$ for snacks. As for liquor request I would like a bottle of over-proof rum please. I do not have student ID so I guess that I would be signing up for the Saturday Met ticket and arriving late. What happened with your plans did they go FUBAR?

#848 | Back to Top05-12-2008 04:51:21 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Booked for late Thursday night, Saturdays only book groups of 8 or less. emot-mad

#849 | Back to Top05-12-2008 04:59:23 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

Well that's unfortunate.... so what was plan D, then?

#850 | Back to Top05-12-2008 05:07:26 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Can I suggest this based on the cool factor... I love the theme... http://www.ninjanewyork.com/

Board footer