This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-08-2013 09:57:28 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Ordinary Bartender Akio- Post Series Fanfic

A little fic inspired by a comment made about a piece of fanart I submitted to the forum. Made for all you people out there who wondered what on earth happened to Akio after Utena's kickass revolution.

Without further ado, I present Ordinary Bartender Akio: paving the road to redemption one drunken customer at a time.

All SKU characters belong to Be-Papas.

CHAPTER 1

Touga let out an exasperated sigh. In all honesty, he really didn’t want to do this.

Ordinarily he would have never even fathomed of going back to Ohtori Academy. Touga Kiryuu had left that world behind with a flip of his hair and a smug smile before jumping right into the adult one. Now as the successful CEO of his own business he spent most of his time holding extravagant parties and flirting; admittedly not too different from his school days. However, after a wealthy and fabulous associate of his accused him of making up his illustrious education at Ohtori, he had little choice to go back and investigate its sudden obscurity.

He was now starting to wonder if that was a mistake. The campus looked like a ghost town, not a student in sight. The small garden was bare of even the most shriveled wisp of a rose; the halls were full of dust.  A lingering scent of ashes and decay filled the air, bringing with it the memories of tombs from ages ago. Touga adjusted his suit nervously, sparing one last look at the gates before making his way towards the tower. It was far too late to back out now.

Stepping into the room he recalled his past meetings with the Chairman, long nights made of car rides and bed sheets, sweat and leather, elegance and sensuality. This was the complete opposite. The usually sparse room was cluttered with furniture strewn haphazardly about. It was nearly impossible for him to pick his way through the multitude of chairs, tables, loveseats, and chunks of what seemed to be black metal, but once he saw the familiar silhouette crouched amongst the wreckage, all the demons in Hell couldn’t have stopped him.

“A-Akio”, he huffed, slightly winded from his journey. “What the heck-“ he started, but the words died on his tongue as the Chairman turned to face him.

“Oh Dios”, Touga whispered. “It’s worse than I thought.”

Akio, always one to make sure he was draped in the finest (if not questionably fashionable) clothes, was huddled up in what seemed to be sparse rags of what remained of his white Ends of the World uniform. Once vibrant emerald eyes stared blankly from sockets sunken deep into a sorrowful face, and the bow shaped lips so often curved into a smirk were pulled into a tight frown.

“Touga, is that you?” he rasped, voice scratchy from lack of use. “You look well.”

Touga shifted uncomfortably. “I honestly can’t say the same for you.”

Akio scratched absently at the snowy stubble covering his jaw, attempting a smile but succeeding in little more than an unsettling baring of teeth. “How bad do I look, Touga? Go on, tell me the truth.”

Touga ran a hand through his hair nervously, gaze aimed at the wall behind Akio’s quite shaggy head. “You really want the truth?” he asked.

Akio gave him a look of exasperation. “I’m not an insecure little teenaged girl”, he growled. “I can handle a bit of criticism.”

Touga took a deep breath, sitting down beside the former Chairman and placing a hand on his shoulder. “Akio, my friend, my mentor, my lover...you look thirty.”

Akio opened and closed his mouth as if to reply, but only a dying rasp came out. With a hard swallow he tried again. “Thirty?” he repeated softly. "As in thirty years old?"

Touga nodded gravely. “Maybe even a bit older.”

“A bit…older?” he squeaked.

“Yeah”, Touga said, steadily backing away. “One might even say, middle aged.”

“MIDDLE AGED!?” Akio screamed, hands flying to his head, fisting chunks of lavender hair. He crouched into a tight ball, body rocking with dry sobs. Touga chanced a few steps closer to comfort the broken man, only to be waved away.

“I’m supposed to look like a sexy college student”, he wailed. “The only people allowed to refer to me as the ‘older man’ are high school kids!”

“There’s nothing wrong with growing up”, Touga said warily. “Just look at me, I’m older but just as sexy as before, if not sexier. And you-“

Akio looked up at him, eyes red and swollen, matted hair sticking to his forehead, nose dripping clear, viscous liquid.

“You need some help.”

To be continued...? Yeah, probably. Replies are welcome either way! emot-smile
edit: minor typo

Last edited by The_Lame_Goat (02-27-2013 09:44:19 PM)

Oh treachery!

#2 | Back to Top02-08-2013 10:19:23 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: Ordinary Bartender Akio- Post Series Fanfic

(comes back after taking care of bladder in toilet) Oh my Dios . . . you've GOT to continue this!

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#3 | Back to Top02-09-2013 01:52:07 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh god, please continue! I want to know what happens next emot-biggrin

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top02-09-2013 06:17:42 AM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

Almost makes me feel bad for Akio. emot-rofl

#5 | Back to Top02-09-2013 06:10:40 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll be sure to continue!

Oh treachery!

#6 | Back to Top02-09-2013 10:05:17 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

CHAPTER 2 :in which people talk and a new character joins the struggle

Green eyes regained a sliver of the fire they once had as the Chairman picked himself back up, swaying slightly on his feet like a newborn colt. After a concerned glance from Touga he straightened his posture, stalking forward until they were little more than a foot apart. Lips spread into a familiar sneer as he glared down at the other man.

“Are you planning to help me?” Akio snarled, jabbing a finger at his chest. “Do you really think I’d let the high school playboy I so often splayed across my sheets gain the upper hand by manipulating me in this fragile position?”

Touga gave him a long look. “Akio, what exactly would I have to gain by manipulating you, as you so elegantly put it? The power to look scraggly and the inability to clean up after myself?”

Akio drew his hand back, looking slightly sheepish.

“And I’m actually not planning on helping you out here”, Touga continued matter-of-factly. “At least, not much. But I am going to get someone else to assist you.”

Akio raised his eyebrows. “Oh, well then. That’s …that’s really nice of you. Who is it then? Someone powerful I hope?”

Touga shrugged. “I guess. Truthfully, I haven’t really decided who to call yet.”

“Way to think ahead”, Akio said dryly, earning a small frown from Touga.”Let’s start with the obvious. Utena and Anthy are out of the equation.”

“That’s right”, Touga said with a nod. “They’d probably just beat you to death with my corpse.”

Akio’s forehead wrinkled in thought. “What about your one slap happy friend?”

“Saionji? He still hasn’t forgiven you for the car ride.”

“Hmm, unfortunate. He had quite the ass.  Juri?”

Touga gave him a look.

“Ok…stupid question. Uh….what about that Miki kid?”

“He’s afraid that if you see him you’ll pounce on him like a starving panther and reap him of his virginity.”

Akio pursed his lips. “You know, that’s not too bad of an idea.”

Touga gave an exasperated sigh. “You’ll have to save that for another day; right now we have to make you less pitiful. No way am I letting you near jail bait looking like this.”

He then produced a slick black cellphone from his pocket, flipping it open and rapidly pressing the keys. Akio watched him blankly, eyes narrowing in confusion.

“Then who are you planning to call?” he asked, peeking over Touga’s shoulder.

Touga promptly snapped the phone shut. “I didn’t call anyone, I texted.”

“What’s texting?”

Touga frowned. “You really have been in here way too damn long. But before he gets here, I just want to let you know that I care about you, and this is for your own good.”

Akio blinked, scratching his head. “You sound as if I’m not going to like this person.”

Touga bit his lip, avoiding his eyes. Akio cocked his head to the side slightly.

“Who’s coming to help me, Touga?”

Touga seemed to shrink a little. “You have to promise you won’t get mad.”

Akio gave him a warm smile, taking his hand into his own. “Touga”, he cooed. “You came here all the way from the Outside World to seek me out, to help me in my dire time of need. Now how could I ever be angry at you for that?”

Touga looked less than convinced. “You promise?”

“I promise”, Akio reassured.

“Alright.” Touga took a deep breath, turning to face Akio. “I asked Dios to come over.”

Akio looked as if he had just been stabbed. Touga gave him a gentle shake, eliciting no response.
“Uh, Akio? Are you going to be alright?”

The chairman suddenly gripped Touga’s wrists; his face seemed to be drained of all color, his skin looked as if it was drawn tighter against his skull.

“Why?” he cried. “WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU BRING HIM HERE!?”

Touga winced as his grip grew tighter. “I didn’t have any choice, man! Everyone hates you!”

“And he doesn’t!?” Akio spat.

“Teehee! Of course I don’t, brother!”

Both men spun around at the sound of the new voice, Touga breathing a mental sigh of relief, Akio letting out something between a groan and a whimper. There, posing dramatically on the remains of a white sofa stood Dios; silhouetted by his own radiance. A brilliant smile was set in his dark skinned face while eyes like shining emeralds sparkled with childlike glee. His uniform was spotless, pure as his soul. He waved at the two of them.

“Hey there Akio!” he called before skipping through the debris, freeing Touga and scooping Akio into a bear hug in one graceful moment.

“I missed you soooooo much”, he murmured, rubbing his cheek against Akio’s.

And for the second time that day, Akio broke down and wept.

Will be continued....at least until my idea stream runs dry.

Oh treachery!

#7 | Back to Top02-09-2013 10:22:44 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

Will be continued....at least until my idea stream runs dry.

Oh, don't be a tease!  You have to keep going until you get the guy into a bar, at least.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#8 | Back to Top02-09-2013 11:22:15 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Many lulz were had. Please, go on. emot-rofl

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top02-10-2013 09:38:45 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

“Do you really think I’d let the high school playboy I so often splayed across my sheets gain the upper hand by manipulating me in this fragile position?”

emot-rofl

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#10 | Back to Top02-10-2013 12:54:33 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Oh God, this is full of delicious crack.  You must continue. I needed a good laugh.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#11 | Back to Top02-10-2013 07:12:54 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I keep imagining Touga's half of this dialogue being spoken while he only occasionally glances up from a Wall Street Journal or reaches over to sip his espresso. emot-rofl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#12 | Back to Top02-11-2013 06:04:00 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Made a little doodle:

http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/200983/G

Might be a couple of chapters until I get this far, but I think it sums the fic up quite nicely. 

edit: sorry about the pic, will try to replace later

Last edited by The_Lame_Goat (02-28-2013 03:30:16 PM)

Oh treachery!

#13 | Back to Top02-11-2013 06:13:14 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

Made a little doodle:

http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files7/200 … 1vPsdj.jpg

Might be a couple of chapters until I get this far, but I think it sums the fic up quite nicely.

Oh  . . . my  . . . GOD . . . etc-love etc-love etc-love

#14 | Back to Top02-11-2013 06:28:27 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

gorgeousshutin wrote:

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

Made a little doodle:

http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files7/200 … 1vPsdj.jpg

Oh  . . . my  . . . GOD . . . etc-love etc-love etc-love

Thank you, I try. emot-wink

Oh treachery!

#15 | Back to Top02-11-2013 07:55:37 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

Is Dios so... interesting in the manga? emot-rofl

#16 | Back to Top02-11-2013 08:32:46 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

OH MY GOD.

Dios's expression is AMAZING emot-rofl

#17 | Back to Top02-11-2013 09:04:34 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

Thank you, I try. emot-wink

Lame_Goat, I think this is more than good enough to put on Archive of Our Own, which allows for images to be hosted along with text.  Would you be interested in putting your fic and art up there, so a even broader audience can be entertained by your wonderful writing and art?

#18 | Back to Top02-11-2013 10:14:11 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

gorgeousshutin wrote:

Lame_Goat, I think this is more than good enough to put on Archive of Our Own, which allows for images to be hosted along with text.  Would you be interested in putting your fic and art up there, so a even broader audience can be entertained by your wonderful writing and art?

Shuttin, thank you, but you flatter me!etc-love

In all honesty though, I never really considered putting it on another site before you mentioned it. It started out as kind of a spur of the moment, "hey that's a silly idea let's see how far I can go with it" kind of ordeal.

But now you've supplied me with another great idea again! I'll have to find some time to set up an account. Maybe after a few more chapters.

Oh treachery!

#19 | Back to Top02-11-2013 10:19:20 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

But now you've supplied me with another great idea again! I'll have to find some time to set up an account. Maybe after a few more chapters.

Take your time, Lame Goat: I do know that genius cannot be rushed emot-wink

Edited to add: OBA is truly good, so I do think having it on a few more places on top of here is the way to to - it will be a treat to those many who might otherwise never found this.

Last edited by gorgeousshutin (02-11-2013 11:34:17 PM)

#20 | Back to Top02-12-2013 08:25:49 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

CHAPTER 3 : hugs, sacrifice, and the ambiguous fates of puppies

Touga watched blankly as Dios kept Akio in his vice-like grip, chattering nonsense and heedless to the latter’s protests. It was like watching a grizzly bear cuddle a kitten. A particularly scruffy looking kitten that spat curses instead of mewling.  For a second he debated taking out his phone and recording the event, but he decided that he might as well do the right thing and free Akio from the clutches of the over enthusiastic prince.

Touga cleared his throat loudly. “Hey…Dios?”

Dios turned to him in question, Akio taking advantage of his surprise and scrambling out of his grip, shooting Touga a look of gratitude.

“Remember what I called you here to do?”

Dios blushed, chuckling in embarrassment. “Sorry about that. Sometimes I just get the Cuddles.”

Touga frowned slightly in confusion. “The ‘Cuddles?’”

Dios wrapped his arms around himself, smiling widely. “You know, when you just have to find someone and give them a nice big hug! Don’t you ever get that feeling?”

“Not really. That must be some sort of princely cognitive disorder.”

Akio, having found a nice perch on a faded seat cushion a good twenty feet away, snickered cruelly. “Oh, but of course you get them, Touga! Except you get them in your legs. And you can’t help but hug them round my waist until I’ve taken you into my bed and-“, he broke off suddenly as a torrent of water hit him square in the face.

“What the hell!?” Akio snarled.

Dios shrugged, shiny plastic water gun in hand. “Negative reinforcement. Can’t have you going to the Outside World wanting to rut up against everything like a dog in heat, now can I? Besides…” He flipped back his cape, sliding the pistol back into his holster. “Water guns are much more fun than swords.”

Akio stood up suddenly, sopping wet hair covering his face. “Touga, you never said anything about going to the damn Outside World!”

Touga glanced helplessly at Dios, who was preoccupied with twirling his water gun like a cowboy. “Akio, I just assumed that you’d want to be out of here. I mean, look at this place. It’s a dump. You’re the only one here, and…I mean…you have to be running out of food, right? It’s been like five years.”

Akio scoffed under his breath. “I still have a backup stash of flower petals and a couple puppies left.”

Touga blanched at the mention of puppies, but decided it was best not to push the matter. Luckily, Dios had lost interest in his toy, and had returned to reality.

“Come on Akio, the Outside World is full of fun!”

“I know that, I’ve been there before”, mumbled Akio.

“But you stayed within your own scope of power”, explained Dios, expression sobering. “You need to learn how to accept the Outside World and its flaws, and let it accept you. That is the only way you can redeem your sins and achieve revolution.”

“I don’t care”, pouted Akio.

“But you do realize I have to keep an eye on you either way?” asked Dios. “And if you stay here, that means I have to stay here. In this tiny room. With you. Forever.”

Akio gulped. “Forever?”

Dios kicked distractedly at a piece of projector metal. “Not really forever. More like until you get old and die.”
Both Touga and Akio jolted.

“DIE?” Akio yelped. “But I-“

“You lost eternity after Utena’s revolution, after Anthy and I were liberated.” Dio’s eyes grew hard, his mouth pressed into a grim line. “As the mere shadow of myself you’ll shrivel up and die just like the mortals I once protected, the ones you tormented.”

Touga put a hand on Akio’s trembling shoulder. The Chairman blinked a couple of times, absorbing the information. With a deep breath he spun on his heel, heading towards the door.

“Then what are we waiting for?”  he called. “Let’s get moving before I turn seventy! I can feel the arthritis kicking in already!”

Dios stayed in his spot. “You can’t leave yet.”

Akio threw his arms up in exasperation. “You just told me that I’ll die if I stay here. Why the hell are we wasting time?”

“Well”, Dios scratched his head awkwardly, “since you didn’t have a revolution of your own, you can’t just stroll out the door and expect to be welcomed into the Outside World.”

“Touga left Ohtori”, Akio pointed out bluntly. “He didn’t do anything remotely decent!”

Touga pouted slightly, looking somewhat wounded.

“Utena’s revolution liberated not only her and Anthy, but the entire student body as well. Of course they would have no trouble leaving Ohtori”, Dios said matter-of-factly. He then grinned widely. “Isn’t she so cool!?”

Akio gritted his teeth. “Yeah, sure. Utena’s the bee’s knees. She’s peachy keen. The cat’s pajamas and all that. But if she’s so great why didn’t she free me too?”

Dios threw back his head and laughed, slapping Akio on the shoulder. “That’s because you’re a big jerk face, silly. Which means I’m going to have to pull strings to get you out of here.”

“What kind of strings?”

“Magical ones”, Dios whispered producing sparkles from his fingers. “Now sit down, get comfortable.”

Akio looked apprehensive but found a relatively clutter-free area to sit down, Touga settling next to him. They looked up at the prince expectantly, like children waiting for story time. Dios stood up a little taller and clasped his hands together. A soft luminesce began to emanate from his eyes, leaving the two men staring in awe.

“This ritual can only be performed by the purest of souls and requires the utmost focus”, Dios began, voice echoing throughout the room. “But most importantly of all, it requires, sacrifice.”

Akio shifted uncomfortably. “Will you take my tie?”

“It must be something dear to you.”

Akio’s eyes scanned the room, landing on Touga. “Here!” he pushed the man forward. “Take him!”

“Akio!”

Dios shook his head. “Something even more valuable, Akio. Something you truly cannot live without.”

Gloved hands reached inside his front pocket to bring out a pair of scissors, twin blades gleaming in the light.
“Touga, I might need you to hold him down. This could get a bit messy.”

Oh treachery!

#21 | Back to Top02-12-2013 08:33:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

There are no words etc-love

#22 | Back to Top02-12-2013 08:41:27 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Those last couple of lines emot-rofl

#23 | Back to Top02-27-2013 09:42:06 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

CHAPTER 4: bandages, forts, and stickers

Though Dios had not expected the haircut to go smoothly, nothing could have prepared him for flailing, shouting, begging and clawing Akio had done in his frenzied attempts to preserve his long, silken mane. Fortunately, as the world’s official savior he had experience deadly beasts: chimeras, dragons, gorgons and the like, and had gotten out with only a minor bruise. Touga on the other hand was not as prepared, and suffered numerous scratches, a black eye, and severe looking bite wound. The pair of scissors seemed to fall victim to the worst of Akio’s fury, and in the end Dios was forced to ditch the battered tool and hack off the rest with his sword.

“I’m truly sorry you had to go through that”, Dios said, bandaging Touga’s arm. “But just think of the awesome scar you’re going to have!”

Touga shot him a moody glare. “I could have died back there!”

“That’s not true”, Dios admonished. “I had the situation completely under control.”

“You had to disinfect the bite with holy water!”

“Oh that was just a precaution”, Dios said cheerily. “Don’t want you getting rabies or anything, now do we?”

Touga scoffed under his breath, picking idly at one of the many kitten Band-Aids the prince had supplied him with. At least Dios had the decency to get him ones of his favorite animal.

“Do you have the bag?”

Touga nodded and handed him a plastic see-through bag, filled to the brim with lavender clippings. Dios took it gladly, before turning to a massive pile of clutter.

“Come on Akio”, he called. “It’s time to go to the Outside World!”

“I’m not coming out”, growled a voice from the pile.

Dios let out a sigh, rounding the heap to kneel near the entrance. He was somewhat impressed with his other self’s ability to craft structures out of the broken objects of others, in this case an outwardly homely makeshift cave with a fully furnished interior.

“Akio, we need to leave soon. Won’t you please come out?”

“No.” The barely visible figure inside huddled up into a tighter ball.

“Touga, do you want to try-“

Touga shot him a poisonous glare, and Dios let the question drop.

“Akio, I know you loved your hair, and to be honest I liked it too.”

That seemed to get a reaction out of Akio, for he scooted a bit closer to the entrance. “You really liked it?” he asked.

Dios nodded. “I really did. But let’s be frank; the mullet was becoming a bit outdated.”

“MY MULLET WAS ETERNAL!”

“But now you don’t even have eternity anymore, so think of this as an opportunity to grow.”

Akio crawled out of his cave then, eyes still red and puffy from crying, sporting a flower patterned bandana on his head. “You know what Dios? I’ve decided that I’m perfectly fine with withering away here.” He took Dios’ hand and shook it. “So, thanks for the visit; appreciate it. Be sure to tell Utena and Anthy I said hey when you see them. Because you can leave now.”

Dios stared at him in confusion. “But we aren’t done yet…”

“Oh, you’re done”, Akio growled. He slung his arm over Dios’ shoulder and began to lead him to the door. “There you go, there’s the exit.”

“Aren’t you coming with me?”

Akio pressed his fingertips to his temples, sighing in irritation. “Dios, I don’t think you understand. I’m kicking you out.”

“But, but Akio…” Dios began to whine.

“What!?” he snapped.

“It’s already too late to give up now!” He smiled broadly, and with a twirl pressed a sticker to Akio’s forehead. “Boop!”

Akio’s face contorted into a mask of rage. “What the hell is this!?” he snarled. “You covered my damn bindi!”

“That’s to help your journey to the Outside World”, Dios explained. “Even with your sacrifice the powers of the universe might reject your passage into the next realm. That sticker is proof that you’re with me, so they know not to strike you down with holy lightning or anything. Besides, it’s a glittery crown! You’ll look so pretty on your first day in the Outside World.”

“This has to be some sort of torture”, Akio growled. “Are you still mad about all that gloating I did while you were locked up?”

Dios ignored him, waving the other man over. “Come on Touga! We’re leaving!”

Touga bounded over, but kept his distance from Akio. Dios handed him a sticker and he solemnly stuck it to his cheek. Akio couldn’t help but chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Touga asked scornfully.

“You have a glittering rainbow kitten on your cheek.”

“Says the guy wearing the flower bandana. “

“Do you even need the sticker to cross over?”

Touga flushed with anger. “I like cats, okay?”

“Cut it out, you two”, Dios scolded, shoving the bag of hair clippings into his pocket. “Now both of you, take my hand.”
The two men clasped his hands, albeit reluctantly, and stood facing the door.

“Are you ready?” Dios asked. Touga gave him a single nod, while Akio shot him a dirty look. Dios offered him a sheepish smile before his closing his eyes.

“Oh princely aura that resides within me”, he chanted. “Give me the power to bring these wretches to revolution!”

“Who are you calling a wretch-“ Akio started, but abruptly broke off as a blinding flash of light engulfed them. He squinted through the glare, only just making out the blurred images of his world rushing past them. A near deafening roar caused him to fall to the ground, covering his ears as he cowered in fear. The roar became a shriek, the familiar sound of metal striking against metal, blades ravenous and hellbent in their neverending lust for-

“Akio!”

Akio opened his eyes to find himself in a modest apartment, Dios and Touga watching him warily. He stood up, trying to regain his nerve as he brushed himself off. “Is this it?” he asked, voice still a bit shaky.

“That’s right”, Dios said. “Welcome to the Outside World.”

Sorry this took so long, had a bit of writer's block. This is actually half of what was originally chapter 4, but I decided it would be best to split it into two. Good news is the next one is already half done! emot-smile

Oh treachery!

#24 | Back to Top02-27-2013 09:47:01 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

“MY MULLET WAS ETERNAL!”

Best Akio line ever!

And you've already got the next part half done?!  Can't wait emot-dance

#25 | Back to Top02-28-2013 05:15:38 AM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

“Do you even need the sticker to cross over?”

Touga flushed with anger. “I like cats, okay?”

emot-keke

Last edited by Lurv (02-28-2013 05:15:53 AM)

Board footer