This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-13-2007 07:38:03 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

IRG is the most generous forum on the internets. <3

Like the title says. etc-love The unfortunate business with Bio outed the nefarious plan to help me with my medical bills. You people are awful in the best of ways. Here I am for the second time writing a thank you post because you're all so awesome and thoughtful, and again I'm at a loss for what to say. (I'M BAD AT THIS.) Those of you who donated know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've always kinda fought with myself about opening up donations, even when people have offered money. I didn't want to sound like a jerk, or act like I deserve anything any more or less than you. But seeing it in businesslike terms doesn't work as well when it's not just fans of the site donating, but friends. Forum members I know and talk to and care about, that care about me back.

I have that, and I don't forget it for a second, but you guys insist on reminding me anyway. So thank you. Bunches and bunches. emot-smile I promise I'll use the money to do good. If by good we're talking about pay medical bills. emot-keke

Since this is as good a place as any, here, have this! poptart poptart

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Messy.jpg

Okay I know so it's a toaster strudel, but that's close enough! (Mmm. Raspberry.) That's supposed to say 'IRG YAY' with a little star, but the icing spread a bunch and it looks all weird. Still... a toast to IRG! poptart

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/lolbandana.jpg

It was delicious. Also nevermind me in my bandana, it keeps the hair out of my face, ok? emot-mad

Edit: Now that I'm looking at the icing, it looks vaguely like a very, very bad joke about Akio's aim. emot-redface

Last edited by Giovanna (05-13-2007 07:41:12 PM)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top05-13-2007 07:42:37 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Re: IRG is the most generous forum on the internets. <3

You're fabulous darling. And I like the bandanna. Says "Grrrr..."

Not "gangbanger" or anything like that. emot-keke

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#3 | Back to Top05-13-2007 07:46:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

morosemocha wrote:

And I like the bandanna. Says "Grrrr..."

Not "gangbanger" or anything like that. emot-keke

What about 'Yarrr...'? emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top05-13-2007 07:59:33 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Coincidentally, I just saw the trailer for the fourth Pirates of Caribbean three minutes ago emot-keke
What really caught my attention there is the yummy poptart and the plate. The plate looks really adorable. Was it hand-made?

#5 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:10:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'm just glad that I was able to help out a little. And that IRG Toaster Strudel is awesome. etc-love

#6 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:11:13 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Hiraku wrote:

Coincidentally, I just saw the trailer for the fourth Pirates of Caribbean three minutes ago emot-keke
What really caught my attention there is the yummy poptart and the plate. The plate looks really adorable. Was it hand-made?

Wow! and the third's not even out yet. emot-wink

That's a tough matchup though... Jack Sparrow vs Gio.  Better yet, maybe they should team up instead. emot-keke

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#7 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:14:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

The other day Kealdrea and I were debating whether Jack or Juri would win in a fight. She said Jack, because he would have the power of miracles on his side, but I still think that Juri would win.

#8 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:18:31 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Aww, Gio, you look so cute and happy in that picture. emot-keke

I'm glad all of it helped. emot-keke I wish I could have donated more, too. (If my donation even went through, that is.) But yay IRG! etc-love

#9 | Back to Top05-14-2007 12:15:26 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

YARR!!!

*toasts with new rum given by grrl*

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#10 | Back to Top05-14-2007 02:30:08 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Must be a rum night, eh? So I'll raise another rum & coke in celebration!!! YAY GIO!!! emot-keke

Q: Why are pirates so scary? A: They just YARRR

(bandana, huh? I'm distracted by that swan neck) etc-love

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#11 | Back to Top05-14-2007 02:46:52 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Yeah sweetie, you're still beautiful.

And toaster strudel = win.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#12 | Back to Top05-14-2007 06:32:36 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Razara wrote:

The other day Kealdrea and I were debating whether Jack or Juri would win in a fight. She said Jack, because he would have the power of miracles on his side, but I still think that Juri would win.

Juri, no contest. I think a lot of Jack's power kinda disappears if he's dealing with a woman that isn't attracted to him. emot-frown At the very least she'd get him all tied up and he'd manage a laughably miraculous escape. emot-biggrin

Frosty wrote:

(bandana, huh? I'm distracted by that swan neck) etc-love

school-eng101 The two beauty marks/freckles/whatever on my neck mark where I'm most sensitive. school-eng101

You know. FYI.

#13 | Back to Top05-14-2007 09:29:20 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

YAY!!! GIO IN A BANDANA!!!

I look bad in a bandana, but you look amazing in one, Gio.  Really.

Actually you look a lot like one of my friends who I haven't heard from in a while and have to contact because she still has my How to Draw Couples book... and I miss her...

So thanks for reminding me!

And that IRG strudel is epic.  Raspberry...Mmmmmm...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#14 | Back to Top05-14-2007 10:55:31 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

We love you Gio! etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#15 | Back to Top05-14-2007 11:08:43 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hiraku wrote:

The plate looks really adorable. Was it hand-made?

I forgot to answer this, oops. emot-keke It probably is, but I don't remember where my mom got these. Either one of those catalogs you get in the mail or Pier 1. I'll ask. emot-keke

#16 | Back to Top05-14-2007 11:15:19 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

We all love you Gio emot-biggrin

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#17 | Back to Top05-14-2007 12:17:35 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

huzzah medical bill reduction emot-dance and a very cute Gio in a bandana emot-keke and silver looks good on you sorry random remark emot-rolleyes emot-redface BTW  angelicreation do you mind sharing the rum i could use a drink emot-smile

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#18 | Back to Top05-14-2007 08:00:41 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

huzzah medical bill reduction emot-dance

And not a moment too soon! I just got a bill from the anesthesiologist. I totally forgot he was going to bill separately. At this rate I'm waiting for a bill from the nurses for removing the catheter. emot-mad It really rubs me the wrong way that there's so much secrecy about your bills until after the fact. At no point did or could anyone provide me with a total cost of the operation. It certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker, and ended up less than I had thought at my worst moments, but still. The only number I ever heard was an estimate for the hospital stay, which didn't include the anesthesia, the doctor, the blood tests, the drugs, and probably something else I forgot that'll pop up in my mailbox soon. Are they really this unorganized? Or does everyone see themselves as so separate an entity that they can't contact you before the operation to tell you what you're getting billed? They know what my co-pay is, they know my percentage charge, they know my max out-of-pocket. You know, when you get your car fixed, they are legally obligated to provide an estimate in writing. emot-mad

[/Gio's daily rant about how fucked the American health care system is]

#19 | Back to Top05-14-2007 08:21:04 PM

Rushita
Rose Bride
Website

Giovanna wrote:

[/Gio's daily rant about how fucked the American health care system is]

You know, people wonder why we Canadian pay so much income tax, now this is exactly why.  I'm always glad that we have no hospital (or surgery) bill to pay.........and also why our meds are cheaper.

I don't know how much donation you ended up getting, but I'm happy that it is helping you in some way. emot-keke

http://www.rushita.com/images/Logo6.jpg

#20 | Back to Top05-14-2007 08:42:36 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Oh it definitely helped a whooole whole bunch. emot-smile :hug:

As for you Canadians and your socialized kin... I would happily pay a higher income tax if health care and some other basic services were included in the package. I'm willing to bet that your income tax totals a lot less than our income tax + health insurance premiums and payouts. My health insurance plus the charges for my monthly meds accounts for about 80% of a week's pay for me. Granted, I have a more expensive policy right now because I knew the operation was coming, but still. People in America use our chronic illness as an excuse not to offer socialized care. What I think they're not accounting for is that in America, it's totally normal to get sick as a dog and refuse to see a doctor, because it costs a ton of money without insurance. (And a pretty chunk with it, really.) We don't get our regular check-ups, because who has the money for it? When you don't have health insurance, you have to sit there thinking about how stupendously fucked you'd be if you broke an arm, or had a tumor, and preventative care just isn't an option. And most Americans don't have insurance. It's really pathetic when I find myself acting like a kid in a candy store because I have insurance and YAY I can now see a dermatologist about this problem that's driven me nuts for years! YAY I can get allergy medication so I can breathe! YAY YAY.

Sometimes America really pisses me off. emot-mad

Oof I'm all venomous tonight. emot-biggrin

#21 | Back to Top05-14-2007 08:55:31 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Giovanna, you are totally hot.

#22 | Back to Top05-15-2007 03:25:00 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Alexandra wrote:

Gio-tan is more hitable than Anthy and thats saying a lot. emot-biggrinetc-love

#23 | Back to Top05-15-2007 07:55:03 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Tamago wrote:

Alexandra wrote:

I will deny that i said it -because i'm a seme, i mean, i'm the supreme seme- but i'd almost prefer that Gio hit me more than hitting her.

#24 | Back to Top05-15-2007 09:03:38 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Tamago wrote:

Alexandra wrote:

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE HITTING WITH! *baDUM TSSSSSSSS* Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I'll be here all night!

Okay, bad jokes aside, Gio is VERY ((random overheard quote that i HAVE to write down: These Schnozzberries taste like Schnozzberries!!!)) Hittable.  She has to be.  She's Ends of the freaking Forum!!! Anyone with Ends of the... as a prefix to their title HAS to be sexy!! Sexy like, I-brought-it-back-before-Timberlake-sexy!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#25 | Back to Top05-15-2007 11:22:46 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

emot-frown But I'm pale. The bruises will show more. emot-frown

Epi_lepsia wrote:

I will deny that i said it -because i'm a seme, i mean, i'm the supreme seme- but i'd almost prefer that Gio hit me more than hitting her.

Wow, that's just slightly below the gravity of changing a person's gender preference. Aren't I just the AWESOME. cool

hyacinth_black wrote:

Okay, bad jokes aside, Gio is VERY ((random overheard quote that i HAVE to write down: These Schnozzberries taste like Schnozzberries!!!)) Hittable.  She has to be.  She's Ends of the freaking Forum!!! Anyone with Ends of the... as a prefix to their title HAS to be sexy!! Sexy like, I-brought-it-back-before-Timberlake-sexy![/color]

Alright, alright that's enough flattery. emot-redface As to my custom title, I never meant to suggest I have Akio's sex appeal. Only that I similarly have absolute power over this forum but do so from the background while my Touga does the actual legwork. emot-biggrin

Seriously, Yasha's picked up a lot of slack for me while I've been dealing with this surgery stuff, and I owe her the world for it. etc-love Or maybe just a little car ride. After all, she did organize this behind my back, the dear. emot-keke

...that said, if you people do think I'm that sexy, who am I to argue? emot-wink emot-dance

Board footer