This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-22-2012 10:38:17 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

No, I don't know what this is either.

But I'm cleaning and organising files, and I found it.

A Crisp Day To Sploosh

Touga stepped freely out into the familiar sunshine, and admired Miki's knuckle hair. "Ah," he sighed, "That's a glossy sight."

Miki climbed off the lava and walked interestingly across the grass to greet his lover. Touga patted Miki on the nose and then tried to sploosh him marginally, but without success.

"That's all right," Miki said. "We can try again later."

"I'm just not creamy," Touga. "Not as creamy as the time we expelled under a thumbtack."

Miki nodded electrically. "We were inflated back in those days."

"Our toes were younger, and we had a lot more fun with them," Touga said. "Everything seems dark and fluffy when you're young."

"Of course," Miki said. "But now we're flowery, we can still have fun. If we go about it carefully."

"Carefully?" Touga said . "But how?"

"With this," Miki said and held out a pale cupcake. "Just take that with some water and in half an hour, you'll be ready to sploosh."

Touga swallowed the cupcake at once and sure enough, in half an hour, they were able to sploosh carefully. They expelled as a stone moose adores all of the shards of mossy rocks that cover the ground their moosey love walks over. Three times.

And then the neighbour told them to get off his lawn.

#2 | Back to Top05-22-2012 10:40:55 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Re: No, I don't know what this is either.

I think I know what this is.

It looks like one of those passages generated by the website that generates fiction for you if you enter certain names/nouns/verbs/adjectives/adverbs.... Makes me want to try it out, too.

#3 | Back to Top05-22-2012 10:42:36 PM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I think it is lovely.

"They expelled as a stone moose adores all of the shards of mossy rocks that cover the ground their moosey love walks over"
that is the best sentence

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#4 | Back to Top05-22-2012 10:43:04 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Hiraku wrote:

I think I know what this is.

It looks like one of those passages generated by the website that generates fiction for you if you enter certain names/nouns/verbs/adjectives/adverbs.... Makes me want to try it out, too.

Yeah, I'm assuming its a madlibs type thing. I just have no idea where it came from. (But Touga/Miki is my headcannons)

#5 | Back to Top05-22-2012 10:54:53 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Was someone playing Mad Libs? emot-confused

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#6 | Back to Top05-23-2012 09:03:25 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

It looks like one of those passages generated by the website that generates fiction for you if you enter certain names/nouns/verbs/adjectives/adverbs

emot-aaa

This would certain explain the large number of so-called fics flooding the various fanfic archives, the ones that tend to drown out the more serious writings also hosted there . . .

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#7 | Back to Top05-23-2012 09:30:55 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

It probably came from the Drabble-Matic site. http://prillalar.com/drabbles/

Edit: Here, I made one!

It was Christmas Eve. Nanami sat cow-like in a car, sipping creepy eggnog.

She looked at the perfect sword hanging on the Christmas Tree and sighed. Last year, Touga had hung it there, just before they looked at each other ghastly and then fell into each other's arms and slapped each other's hair.

If only I hadn't been so sexy, Nanami thought, pouring a longing amount of rum into her eggnog. Then Touga might not have got so pathetic and left me all alone at Christmas time. She wiped away a clingy tear and held her leg in her hand.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and then a cheerful voice lifted charismatically up in song.

I'm dreaming of a red Christmas

Just like the cowbell of happiness

Nanami ran to the door. It was Touga, looking weird all over with snow.

"I missed you condescendingly," Touga said. "And I wanted to slap your hair again."

Nanami hugged Touga and started to sob.

"I think you're drunk," Touga said.

"I think so too," Nanami said and they slapped each other's hair until they knocked the Christmas tree over.

On Christmas Day, they ate roasted cow arm and lived abashedly until Nanami got drunk again.

Last edited by HonorableShadow (05-23-2012 09:40:22 AM)

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#8 | Back to Top05-23-2012 02:41:22 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I feel that no matter what crazy words you put into those drabble website, as long as it's from Utena, it's going to make sense somehow:

At least now I know why Akio said to reserve all compliments on his cake until you have eaten it.

Sexily Tripping

Kozue tripped along hungrily. She was on her way to meet her lover, C-Ko, for Valentine's Day. She smiled to see a Chuchu hopping along, carrying a ball in its mouth.

Kozue was almost into the tunnel when she came across a squishy cake, lying alone on an abhorrent plate. "That must be a treat from my hideous bear," she said to herself, and tripped over to it. The cake looked wonderful, so she ate it.

It gave her the most scintillating tingling sensation in her nose. "How unusual!" she said and continued tripping to see C-Ko.

When C-Ko came out to meet her, she took one look and fell over.

"What is it?" Kozue cried disgustedly.

"Your hair! And your toenail!" C-Ko said. "They're beautiful! Can't you feel it?"

Kozue felt her hair and her toenail. They were indeed quite beautiful. "Oh, no!" Kozue said. "I'm a man!" She, or rather, he started to cry. "It must have been that squishy cake you left for me. Did you know what it would do?"

"I didn't leave you any cake," C-Ko said. "I got you a hole. It must have been that juicy man who lives nearby. He acts a little evilly, ever since he jumped a rod."

"But how can you ever love me, now that I'm a man?" Kozue sobbed.

"Well, I never knew how to tell you this," C-Ko said merrily, "but I actually prefer men. And I think your hair is really gracious like that."

"Really?" Kozue dried his tears. Kozue kissed C-Ko and it was an entirely delicious sensation, like a big "Happy Birthday" that flew across the sky.

They spent the night having entirely delicious sex, until the cake wore off suddenly.

Everything was rather awkward after that.

Last edited by Hiraku (05-23-2012 02:41:58 PM)

#9 | Back to Top05-23-2012 06:09:33 PM

KOness
Wakaba Wrangler

Me too me too! emot-smile

The Frog Princess

Utena was walking through a simple meadow, laughing at the butterflies flitting around her head when she spied a colourful little frog lying under a tree.

Utena skipped over to see the dear thing and was reflective to find that she was hurt! A sword had pierced her complex little neck and she whimpered obliviously with the pain.

"My fragile little friend," Utena said. "Let me help you!" She took out her Leatherman Multi-Purpose tool and pulled out the sword, as reluctantly as she could. The frog cried out and Utena's heart ached, like a castle hanging in the sky. "You'll be all right," Utena whispered. "I'll take care of you. I'll call you Juri and you can live with me forever!"

Scooping Juri up in her arms, Utena carried her home and made a bed for her beside her own. For seven days and seven nights, Utena nursed Juri, cleaning her neck and feeding her Rose bride-brand frog chow.

On the eighth night, Juri climbed into bed with Utena. She burrowed under the covers and tersely duelled Utena's breast. It made Utena giggle and she cuddled close to Juri, stroking her mouth and singing solemnly to her.

They continued that way for a long time. Every day, Utena hurried home so she could curl up with Juri. It gave her a tiny feeling whenever Juri duelled her breast.

Then one night, Juri looked up at Utena and said, "If you kiss me, I will become a solid princess."

Utena screamed sweetly, she was so surprised. How could a frog talk? She must have dropped off and dreamed it.

"You're not dreaming," Juri said. "Kiss me."

"Don't tell anyone I screamed like that," Utena said and kissed Juri on her mouth. The air swirled and suddenly, there stood a solid princess! With a crown and everything!

"I'm Princess Juri," she said. "I was cursed. It's a long story."

"Is it really you?" Utena said.

"See?" Juri said and showed Utena the scar from the sword on her neck. Then she kissed Utena and they tumbled on a stage and did a lot of very empty things, some of them involving a shimmering locket.

"I love you," Juri said when they were done. Utena clasped her close and they lived together happily ever after on all the princess treasure Juri had stashed away.

And if Juri didn't know about Utena's visits to the frog sanctuary, well, it wouldn't hurt her.

#10 | Back to Top05-23-2012 07:01:42 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

I think this is like the fastest growing thread we've had in the Utena forum for a long time . . .
. . . if only actual fanfics could get churned out at this speed . . . oh well emot-frown

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#11 | Back to Top05-23-2012 09:16:56 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/solbadguy-owow.gif

Last edited by Chrome Homura (05-23-2012 09:17:55 PM)

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#12 | Back to Top05-23-2012 10:04:21 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I'm worried that most of these make sense.

The Worm Princess

Anthy was walking through a behooved meadow, laughing at the butterflies flitting around her head when she spied a hazy little worm lying under a tree.

Anthy skipped over to see the dear thing and was pristine to find that she was hurt! A thing had pierced her fragrant little eye and she whimpered abruptly with the pain.

"My slimy little friend," Anthy said. "Let me help you!" She took out her Leatherman Multi-Purpose tool and pulled out the thing, as covertly as she could. The worm cried out and Anthy's heart ached, like the great coloured egg of reincarnation blesses us all as though we were but a monkeymouse. "You'll be all right," Anthy whispered. "I'll take care of you. I'll call you Nanami and you can live with me forever!"

Scooping Nanami up in her arms, Anthy carried her home and made a bed for her beside her own. For seven days and seven nights, Anthy nursed Nanami, cleaning her eye and feeding her Ribbon-brand worm chow.

On the eighth night, Nanami climbed into bed with Anthy. She burrowed under the covers and cunningly panted Anthy's shin. It made Anthy giggle and she cuddled close to Nanami, stroking her elbow and singing deftly to her.

They continued that way for a long time. Every day, Anthy hurried home so she could curl up with Nanami. It gave her a shadowed feeling whenever Nanami panted her shin.

Then one night, Nanami looked up at Anthy and said, "If you kiss me, I will become a flashy princess."

Anthy screamed humourously, she was so surprised. How could a worm talk? She must have dropped off and dreamed it.

"You're not dreaming," Nanami said. "Kiss me."

"Don't tell anyone I screamed like that," Anthy said and kissed Nanami on her elbow. The air swirled and suddenly, there stood a flashy princess! With a crown and everything!

"I'm Princess Nanami," she said. "I was cursed. It's a long story."

"Is it really you?" Anthy said.

"See?" Nanami said and showed Anthy the scar from the thing on her eye. Then she kissed Anthy and they tumbled under a clothesline and did a lot of very placid things, some of them involving a scaled fryingpan.

"I love you," Nanami said when they were done. Anthy clasped her close and they lived together happily ever after on all the princess treasure Nanami had stashed away.

And if Nanami didn't know about Anthy's visits to the worm sanctuary, well, it wouldn't hurt her.

#13 | Back to Top05-23-2012 10:06:08 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

gorgeousshutin wrote:

I think this is like the fastest growing thread we've had in the Utena forum for a long time . . .
. . . if only actual fanfics could get churned out at this speed . . . oh well emot-frown

I am too lazy to edit the last post, but I will then write a glorious fic. And it will be amazing.

#14 | Back to Top05-23-2012 10:07:10 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

She burrowed under the covers and tersely duelled Utena's breast.

emot-rofl

#15 | Back to Top05-24-2012 07:06:36 AM

jmie5
Precious One

Angrily Tripping

Saionji tripped along happily. He was on his way to meet his lover, Anthy, for Valentine's Day. He smiled to see a flamingo hopping along, carrying a notebook in its mouth.

Saionji was almost in a tree when he came across an envious cake, lying alone on a luminious plate. "That must be a treat from my purple bear," he said to himself, and tripped over to it. The cake looked jittery, so he ate it.

It gave him the most happy tingling sensation in his nose. "How unusual!" he said and continued tripping to see Anthy.

When Anthy came out to meet him, she took one look and fell over.

"What is it?" Saionji cried openly.

"Your chest! And your head!" Anthy said. "They're soft! Can't you feel it?"

Saionji felt his chest and his head. They were indeed quite soft. "Oh, no!" Saionji said. "I'm a woman!" He, or rather, she started to cry. "It must have been that envious cake you left for me. Did you know what it would do?"

"I didn't leave you any cake," Anthy said. "I got you a crayon. It must have been that loud man who lives nearby. He acts a little hurriedly, ever since he slapped a sword."

"But how can you ever love me, now that I'm a woman?" Saionji sobbed.

"Well, I never knew how to tell you this," Anthy said fiercely, "but I actually prefer women. And I think your chest is really wet like that."

"Really?" Saionji dried her tears. Saionji kissed Anthy and it was an entirely prickly sensation, like the thousand glittering scales that shimmer and waver over a dying fish.

They spent the night having entirely prickly sex, until the cake wore off suddenly.

Everything was rather awkward after that.

#16 | Back to Top05-24-2012 10:04:41 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

The Naive Stranger

The sun was high and the trees stirred lightly in the breeze. Utena strode along the path, making for Shiny Castle with all speed. Hidden from the eyes of man and beast, she carried the Pretty Shaved ice, which no other must touch until it could be delivered into the safekeeping of the Wizard Hair.

A rustling of the dried leaves beside the path gave her warning and she drew her bright curry just in time to face the funny woman who flew at her with such grace that she was almost dazzled.

The woman struck angrily, and Utena barely raised her curry to meet the attack. They fought long and dreamily until all the air rang with the sound of their conflict.

At last, Utena found herself forced to one knee, the woman's curry pressed to her sexy ear. "I am Anthy of Shiny Castle," she said. "You are an unworthy guardian for the Pretty Shaved ice. Prepare yourself, for I am about to send you in Ohtori."

But Utena had been waiting for such a chance and, bringing up her curry with a twist, overpowered Anthy and pinned her to the ground. "What say you now?" Utena said, looking down upon her.

Anthy's chest shimmered like a world brought to revolution. "I have underestimated you, Utena. I was sent to test your fitness for this task. To you I pledge my loyalty...and more."

Utena's desire was enflamed. Her ear throbbed and all her thoughts were to duel Anthy like a monkey. Utena caressed Anthy's cute chest and she responded. They came together recklessly, and their joining was as boring as their battle, and also much louder.

"Ah, my sweet car!" Utena groaned and duelled Anthy as boorishly as she could.

"Ouch!" she yelled. "What the hell is that?"

"Oh," Utena said. "That's where I put the Pretty Shaved ice for safekeeping. Sorry."

When they had finished their romp, they drowsed nicely on the grass, forgetful of all but their silly love. "We will stay together forever," Anthy said, and they began all over again.

And so it was that the Wizard Hair never got the Pretty Shaved ice and the forces of evil overwhelmed the land and nobody was happy ever again, at least until the sequel came out.

#17 | Back to Top05-24-2012 10:44:43 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

This thread is getting to be like a fanfiction.net away from fanfiction.net . . .

I am too lazy to edit the last post, but I will then write a glorious fic. And it will be amazing.

Please do, seriously; this fandom SO NEED new good fics if it is to last through the next couple of years.

Last edited by gorgeousshutin (05-24-2012 12:12:47 PM)

#18 | Back to Top05-24-2012 04:55:49 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

gorgeousshutin wrote:

This thread is getting to be like a fanfiction.net away from fanfiction.net . . .

Please do, seriously; this fandom SO NEED new good fics if it is to last through the next couple of years.

Heyhey, nothing wrong with ff.net. It is a strange, magical place, polluted with chaos. Under the cloak of Edward/Jacob fics, there is Jesus seducing Hitler.

And I don't promise good, I promise glorious. Which, knowing me, probably aren't remotely related. But I am unfortunately un artiste, and not a writer.  But above all, I adore ridiculousness.

#19 | Back to Top05-24-2012 07:35:18 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Hi again, allegoriest!

A good fic need not be serious at all, all it takes is being creative emot-keke

Why, I remember this ancient Utena fic from over 10 years ago.  It "re-made" the entire 39 ep of SKU into a trashy North American teen show (well, the episode summaries of one, anyway).  I think it's called Usula's Kiss or something of the sort, and it's "ridiculous" in a way that makes fun of North american society in sharp, thoughtful ways; I find it bloody brilliant!

Oh well, back to writing out part 4 of Trans Utena . . . I mean, Seinen Kakumei Utena now emot-wink

#20 | Back to Top05-25-2012 10:55:46 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Actually, I don't think that was a fic. emot-redface

That was a sales pitch effort by a lame upstart American company to market the show.

emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#21 | Back to Top05-25-2012 11:46:14 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

. . . but it's on the Utena Fic Repository . . .

http://ufr.ohtori.nu/other/files/ursulas.txt

Don't tell me the marketing people have to write fics to pimp the show too . ..

#22 | Back to Top05-25-2012 12:28:40 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

It's a parody of the unfortunately real thing. A film company tried to sell the show as Ursula's Kiss. D:

[edit:] I deliver, courtesy of the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/200710130356 … ursula.htm

Also note, that after the first season, they just sorts start putting synopsieseses from the Utena Encyclopedia. D:

Last edited by allegoriest (05-25-2012 12:31:20 PM)

#23 | Back to Top05-25-2012 12:42:17 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

A film company tried to sell the show as Ursula's Kiss. D:

. . . someone needs to write a spamfic about the TOOLS behind said company (Tommy = Touga?!) emot-rolleyes

I bet Ikuhara must have had a very similar pose to that of your profile icon back when he first saw this gem, allegoriest.

Last edited by gorgeousshutin (05-25-2012 12:49:16 PM)

Board footer