This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-11-2013 05:11:28 PM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

What scene in the show made you cry the most?

This thread had to pop up at some point in time so let get started.

Contribution is episode 39 especially the first quarter of they episode, I was close to bursting considering that we have been with characters for 39 episode and if you watch the series when it was still in air in japan, you been with these characters for 7 months every Wednesday on the same channel that was airing the Pokemon anime at the time, it that same feeling you get out of watching a good slice of life anime like Azumanga daioh to the end.

#2 | Back to Top01-11-2013 05:53:37 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: What scene in the show made you cry the most?

Aw, man. Wakaba's duel makes me bawl like a four year old with a stubbed toe. Gio too, though she sometimes gets macho about admitting it. Something about trying so hard and wanting so much to be a special person and then falling short... Yikes.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top01-11-2013 08:24:37 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

The kitten drowning scene. emot-frown I cried so hard the first time I saw it. That poor cat, it found a home and an owner who cared for it.  But it was unlucky and got drowned.  I still find it pretty upsetting!  (And yet I love Nanami, go figure.)

The last episode makes me cry a lot too.

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#4 | Back to Top01-11-2013 09:14:25 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Episode 34. Jesus, the scene where Dios gives Utena her ring...etc-love

#5 | Back to Top01-11-2013 09:16:40 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

HonorableShadow wrote:

The kitten drowning scene. emot-frown I cried so hard the first time I saw it. That poor cat, it found a home and an owner who cared for it.  But it was unlucky and got drowned.  I still find it pretty upsetting!  (And yet I love Nanami, go figure.)

Ikr? sometimes I wonder how I can like Nanami so much while also being a cat-lover. emot-tongue

#6 | Back to Top01-12-2013 09:07:32 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

When Utena begs Anthy to give her her hand.  The voice acting!

#7 | Back to Top01-12-2013 11:18:31 AM

Calamity
High Tripper

I'd say there's a three way tie for me:

Wakaba's duel
Anthy's betrayal
The very last scene of 39 where the title card is finally shown

The first two create gross negative sobbing for me most definitely. Wakaba's episode is easily my favorite part of the Black Rose arc and the whole duel just guts me (her voice acting during her breakdown is absolutely sublime). Anthy's betrayal is similar in that the voice acting absolutely makes it perfect. What she says affects me on a personal level but that's besides the point, her coldness while Utena is quite clearly stunned and hurting is amazing. The last one is my romantic side blubbering happy tears everywhere though. The last two episodes set up something amazing and by the time we're shown the title card, tears come pouring out.

#8 | Back to Top01-13-2013 12:22:32 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

That's easy. It has to be when Nanami loses her final duel with Utena and sobs about how she's just another insect in the crowd. Poor Nanami! That was the only time I wanted somebody besides the heroine to win a duel.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#9 | Back to Top01-16-2013 02:23:18 AM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Juri and Shiori character arc in general, a really good example of how the show can create conflict without bringing a traditional villein into it, both characters are relate-able even if what Shiori did are questionable at best.
the character arc itself climax with Ruka's mini act that lasted 2 whole episode and then you get one of the most bittersweet ending to a character act with the revelation that Ruka was dying this whole time and Juri completly losing the will to fight after her locker broke off. with Shi no Aphrodite: Tsuioku one of the saddest piano composition in the anime playing in the background, you can feel the emotion in that final scene

http://images.wikia.com/degrassi/images/7/77/Crying_eyes_out.gif

#10 | Back to Top01-17-2013 03:39:20 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

The episode where Juri is sobbing her heart out, and Ruka is telling her not to cry. emot-frown

The end of Wakaba's duel episode, where she goes home to an empty room and tells it, "I'm home."

End of Nanami's duel where Touga is holding her as she cries (made even worse when you consider that he manipulated her into being there.)

Anthy's pain and agony, when Dios shows Utena something eternal.

Board footer