This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-29-2009 02:28:24 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Things you are working on

(Do not confuse this for the promotion thread)

It could be cooking, art, home renovation, or something.  Little personal projects. 

I'm honestly not working on much of anything interesting, really.  However, I've been working on a melody/composition on piano.  My chord progression basically starts with G add9 to Bm7 to Em7 and then I repeat to the first two chords and land on a Am7 and repeat to a C and then to an A which goes to a D7.  I dunno.  It sounds nice, especially going from the key of G to the key of Bb in the B section of the tune.  If I ever record it, I'll link it somewhere, maybe.

ży tu?

#2 | Back to Top12-29-2009 04:08:53 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Re: Things you are working on

That's awesome spoon. Atm, I'm just knitting a scarf right now. It's braided and I just have to make the pom poms to attach to the end.

#3 | Back to Top12-29-2009 04:34:02 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Syora wrote:

That's awesome spoon. Atm, I'm just knitting a scarf right now. It's braided and I just have to make the pom poms to attach to the end.

I just remembered, the key is in F.  Actually I am doing some things with Bb to F to Db to Ab and somehow back to F (edit:  so it modulates a lot but resolves to F and then goes back into G).  The melody is pretty cool.  I just thought of maybe writing it on my music software. 

And thanks.

Knitting, huh?  Awesome.  I used to knit some.  You should show me a picture when you are done or whenever.  Knitting is awesome but I just lack the patience.  Heh.

Oh, and I have been working on tabbing the ep 38 duel song for guitar.  It's pretty easy with the chorus on sheets.  The instrumental stuff is easy to figure out and I could prolly use band in the box to find the chords and add those in.  I hope to put it in the Guitar Tab thread sometime.

Last edited by spoon-san (12-29-2009 04:40:28 PM)

#4 | Back to Top12-29-2009 09:10:50 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

I was gonna try and cook some gingerbread men from a cake-mix in celebration of the hols (I love gingerbread), but so far am unmotivated. emot-tongue

Today I put it on the kitchen table to try and remind myself to do it. As you can see I hate cooking. emot-redface

#5 | Back to Top12-29-2009 09:49:32 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I'm organizing the hell out of my computer and external hard drive. Trying to stop my digital packratting.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#6 | Back to Top12-29-2009 10:26:09 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Ooh I commend that Anji. That's a very worthy cause. school-eng101 And man, can that be hard to do.

#7 | Back to Top12-30-2009 12:36:31 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Triple- and quadruple checking the code for my Dream. The map part seems to be in order; it's just a matter of what I can do to optimise the scripting for the map. It's a royal pain in the ass, but I want to be sure everything is juuuuuust right before I upload my Dream.

Also, I'm working on building up a character pool for my latest foray into RP territory.

All in all, nothing terribly exciting. emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#8 | Back to Top12-30-2009 12:49:53 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ha ha, I'm working on a scarf too! I started it way back at the beginning of the year, but when I moved house I forgot all about it. I rediscovered it the other day...it's not that far from completion. Although I have no idea what I'll do with it when it's done, as it's...a Fourth Doctor scarf. As in, it's extremely long. And I'm extremely short. Why do I do these things? emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#9 | Back to Top12-30-2009 01:27:28 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

I just got an idea for writing my first-ever full versione novel. I hope it doesn't disappear from my mind, so I'm writing out the ideas, characters, and the plot outline now xD

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#10 | Back to Top12-30-2009 05:16:35 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I, too, am working on a scarf.  I randomly picked up some new needles (my others were rather skinny), and some big fluffy yarn, and it's going very quickly.  Except for not having enough yarn to finish it, so I'll have to get more later.

I need to get back to finishing writing and editing my NaNoWriMo project before my last couple ideas to finish it out escape from my head.  But for right now, just the scarf.

#11 | Back to Top01-01-2010 02:31:27 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

NRG: I just got an idea for writing my first-ever full versione novel. I hope it doesn't disappear from my mind, so I'm writing out the ideas, characters, and the plot outline now xD

Yay, awesome. poptart Write write write!

#12 | Back to Top01-03-2010 02:08:41 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

The "important" stuff I should be doing is applying to one last grad school and one last study abroad scholarship.  Or possibly working on an online class I've got.  Getting WoW and Linux to cooperate and making progress on watching Evangelion should be up there, too, although those are more fun stuff.

But instead, I keep thinking back to a "setting mashup" thread on /tg/, and now I have a burning desire to write up a Shadowrun short story with the Katawa Shoujo cast.  Hisao as the veteran street enforcer who's destroyed his system with combat drugs, Emi as a Mirror's Edge-type courier, Shizune as a hacker who lost her hearing to black ice damage, etc.  I fear this will probably suck.  But I think I may need to write it so I can fuckin', like, move on with my life.

#13 | Back to Top01-10-2010 12:50:49 AM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

I'm working on getting myself another job.emot-gonk
Appart from that, I'm trying to decide on what I want for college, and I'm also trying to lose some weight. Oh, I suppose I'm working on my Nanami costume too, but losing weight is harder. (Although, the sewing machine takes every oppotunity it can to malfunction. emot-mad)

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#14 | Back to Top01-11-2010 10:07:06 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Nanami's Rose Groom wrote:

I just got an idea for writing my first-ever full versione novel. I hope it doesn't disappear from my mind, so I'm writing out the ideas, characters, and the plot outline now xD

We're on the same page. Except I'm still writing fanfiction because I suck at worldbuilding and needs to use someone else's world until I'm good enough to make something up on my own.

On that note about researching, though, I think I need a crash course on Zoroastrian stuff (Namely the deities involved and stuff) if anyone is willing to tutor me school-eng101

#15 | Back to Top01-11-2010 11:26:00 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hiraku wrote:

We're on the same page. Except I'm still writing fanfiction because I suck at worldbuilding and needs to use someone else's world until I'm good enough to make something up on my own.

Hiraku, there is no such thing as originality in fiction anymore, from my vantage point. What you do is take the ideas you come across that you like and make them your own by changing them around a little bit. Enough to make them fresh and seemingly new, but not enough that you destroy what the ideas meant in the first place.

My instant message RP, for example, is based on a Game Boy Advance game. An original fiction I'm writing is based on a number of concepts and beliefs from different books and video games. And another original work of mine is a vampire work that draws a bit of its inspiration from the Vampire Chronicles and the Mega Man X franchise, amongst other things. (I will tell you this -- it isn't going to be like Twilight.)

So if you see or read or play something you think would work well for your original fiction, feel free to take it and modify it to fit your needs. I do that all the time and people have said I'm a brilliant writer because of my "ideas." All the best writers are inspired from other writers, anyway. It's not like you're doing the original thinkers a disservice.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#16 | Back to Top01-11-2010 02:47:40 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Contemplating next steps on the joint AU Gundam Wing fan fic a friend and I are working on. Someone has to die and now that I've finally decided who it's going to be I'm trying to decide how I want to go about making it happen.

I'm also contemplating going to bartending school, and honestly it sounds like a better idea the more I wade through endless job sites trying to find a new job. A year of unemployment is a looming landmark in the distance.

Also, Hikaru, you know inspiration is a circular thing it comes from all places, and there is always a new twist you can add to an old idea. As two professional writers I know always say, just keep writing, keep writing. You can worry about revisions and making newly built worlds gel once you've gotten your ideas out on the page. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. emot-wink

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#17 | Back to Top01-11-2010 03:14:35 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Working on a Queen's Blade themed, Pathfinder based, P&P role playing game.

wish me luck.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#18 | Back to Top01-11-2010 09:17:04 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

After nearly a decade im getting back to water-color abstracts, whenever I get a chance to hit up an art supply store that is.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#19 | Back to Top01-11-2010 09:37:00 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

wish me luck.

Is there anything to Queen's Blade beyond tits and ass?  Or is that mostly what you're going for?  I'm just going by what I've seen on 4chan, which is not terribly reliable, obviously.

#20 | Back to Top01-11-2010 10:24:18 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I just finished a sketch of RoseBride!Anthy

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#21 | Back to Top01-11-2010 11:14:47 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Duelist Megu wrote:

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

wish me luck.

Is there anything to Queen's Blade beyond tits and ass?  Or is that mostly what you're going for?  I'm just going by what I've seen on 4chan, which is not terribly reliable, obviously.

I thought it was just a fan service show...and it is..but the story is GREAT! I gave the show a chance and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes there are some boobies and unnecessary camera angles and dumb shit but i don't feel it takes away from whats going on.

least when they are in battle. What the game is about is essentially a big tournament to be queen. It's pretty much gonna be modeled off the same idea of the show. For a while we will be traveling around and meeting the other characters...eventually hearing of the current queen's evil plot then eventually we will be in the tournament and drama will ensue. Hopefully it will be fun!

Last edited by KissingT.Kiryuu (01-11-2010 11:14:57 PM)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#22 | Back to Top01-11-2010 11:41:51 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

*Takes a deep breath*
I've begun work on the "I just gotta say..." thread story. (For those who are interested in such a thing.) All that I've done pretty much is put together origional posts in a sort of a plotish line. It doesn't have name yet even. emot-rofl

Last edited by Aya (01-11-2010 11:43:29 PM)

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#23 | Back to Top01-12-2010 06:09:32 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I finished the general outline of my desired characters. Hopefully, things will play out well.

Well, it's up to THEM how they bring the story to an end, now, isn't it? emot-biggrin

Hm... that brings me to another question as to what separates a "plot-device"-driven story vs. a character-driven story? emot-confused

#24 | Back to Top01-13-2010 01:16:40 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Hmm, I dunno.. I'm planning to link all sideplots to the main character at the end, and I hope it'll be a good idea emot-confused

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#25 | Back to Top01-13-2010 03:09:28 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I'm going to start finishing my edit/hardcore formatting of Ryoko's Love, a famous Tenchi Muyo! fic. The writer disappeared sometime in '03 and hasn't been seen since and I'm going to correct. So far:

-A vastly improved first chapter. Grammatical errors, style correction (to fit later chapters), added characterization. (Added a Noodle Incident prank for Sasami/Tsunami)

- Formatting by god. The Formatting... *click. delete. click. Delete. Enter. Shift + (needed letter)* et cetera, et cetera.

- Spellchecker-fied.

The reason I started it was because Tenchi Muyo Fanfiction Archive was down for nearly two years and then had only a static front page. The old page was restored, but I want to keep at it. I want to finish it and then continue it-it's the most famous dead fic in TM! fandom...

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Board footer