This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-24-2017 08:24:17 AM

SapphicDysphoria
New Student

Juri x Shiori AMV - Heart Attack

Welp, made a JurixShiori AMV back in 2013 and figured I'd share it here, seeing as this is an Utena forum & all emot-biggrin It's not particularly technical, but was the best I could do with the software I have~

"There is only one person who you can each truly love. It’s too bad that you can’t change who that person is. If you could, the you both would be a lot happier."

#2 | Back to Top01-27-2017 11:37:58 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Re: Juri x Shiori AMV - Heart Attack

It's interesting. I never thought that song's lyrics could be relevant to Juri before.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#3 | Back to Top01-27-2017 08:27:15 PM

SapphicDysphoria
New Student

Riri-kins wrote:

It's interesting. I never thought that song's lyrics could be relevant to Juri before.

Looking back on it years later  I'm seeing less of a connection to Juri, but at the time I felt like the song totally fit, particularly in that one scene where she's clutching her heart after her locket breaks during a duel.

"There is only one person who you can each truly love. It’s too bad that you can’t change who that person is. If you could, the you both would be a lot happier."

#4 | Back to Top01-27-2017 10:31:16 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

I liked this! It did a good job of showing Juri's fragility.

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#5 | Back to Top01-29-2017 12:28:40 AM

SapphicDysphoria
New Student

purplepolecat wrote:

I liked this! It did a good job of showing Juri's fragility.

Thanks! It's funny because I couldn't stand Juri when I first started watching RGU because of how cruel she seemed, but as we learned more about her background and who she is, she grew on me to the point where she's now my favorite character in the show emot-smile

Board footer