This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#851 | Back to Top05-12-2008 06:02:39 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: vIRGin Meet in NYC? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR SEXY FUN TIME <3 <3

That's too bad.  You know, Balthazar does lunch; we don't have any plans for Friday or Sunday lunch yet.  Maybe we could make a reservation then?  And if Balthazar falls through, oh well, it's not like we're going to starve to death in New York City.  Ninja New York looks atmospheric and hilarious, and they even have party space if it's not too expensive.

Last edited by satyreyes (05-12-2008 06:08:42 PM)

#852 | Back to Top05-13-2008 11:58:15 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

So, here's what happened with the reservations.

Balthazar wouldn't take a group over eight.

Les Halles wouldn't take a group over eight.

We made the reservations for Saturday at noon at Les Halles and Saturday at 10:30 pm at Balthazar, and have made other arrangements for Thursday.

Obviously, this leaves us with a problem with how many and who are going where. And as far as we can figure, the only solution is this: no one who takes a spot in the Balthazar reservation can have one at Les Halles. No one who takes a spot in the Les Halles reservation can have one at Balthazar.

This sucks, and is obviously not the way we would prefer to do this, but this time we have to chalk it up to experience and we'll know better next time. I really am sorry about all of this; it's a pain in my ass too, because I'd really have liked to have a big dinner with everyone, but unfortunately, that's not gonna happen unless we hire a private room at a restaurant. There are just too many of us.

Gio and I will be going to both reservations, so that leaves the amount of spots for each at six. To me, this seemed unfair at first, but then I thought of how hard it would hit my poor wallet and how much I really did want to go someplace nice with you all and decided that we'd have to do it anyway. Should anyone get left out (I think there's enough room for all forum members, but I could be wrong) we will make other arrangements to spend some time with you.

Here's the breakdown: Everyone willing to pay for and dress up for a fancy, pricy dinner (menu here) should probably pick Balthazar. Everyone who would rather fanslobber over how awesome Tony Bourdain is or doesn't quite have the financial weight to swing Balthazar should probably pick Les Halles (menu here). Other than that, I'm clearing the slate for both lunch and dinner on Saturday-- first come, first serve. Post your choices in the schedule thread.

As for the Thursday crowd, Gio and I figure Woo Chon is probably the only place open late enough that will be agreeable to everyone... but it's pricier than we had wanted, so make your decisions accordingly. We're going, but you don't have to if you don't want to. On the plus side, it is within walking distance of the lecture.

Sorry, guys. We had to make a bunch of tough decisions at once here, and none of them turned out like we hoped. But we're still totally gonna have a blast. I can't wait to see you all. emot-smile

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#853 | Back to Top05-14-2008 12:30:32 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I'll definitely be at Woo Chon. I love me some Korean BBQ.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#854 | Back to Top05-14-2008 12:37:19 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

I will sign myself up for Balthazar.  If it's not against the rules, and if there's anyone who wants to come along, I might go to Les Halles for lunch on a different day, like on Thursday before the Museum of Sex, or Friday between the UN tour and Ellis Island.

And I don't think I've ever had Korean barbecue.  I'm in for that.

Last edited by mercurynin (05-14-2008 12:48:38 PM)

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#855 | Back to Top05-14-2008 05:10:58 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Sign me up for Balthazar and the Met! And I will have no valid student ID at the time of our trip to the Met because I will have graduated already. emot-keke;

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#856 | Back to Top05-15-2008 10:08:01 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

BRV, bring your ID anyway. They might not know it's expired. emot-wink

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#857 | Back to Top05-15-2008 10:33:39 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Unless it says the expiration date, bring your ID. If it's recent to the last, I'd say, 4 years as far as the date on it, you're safe. They do not check that hard. At the Museum of Natural History I've gotten the student discount with having my ID at all, the lady just figured I was about student age.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#858 | Back to Top05-18-2008 07:34:15 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Update to those staying at the Carter Hotel...I may have to get my own room. I'm getting a bit of a complex about my snoring and I don't know that I'd be able to sleep in the same room with anyone. I'll adjust room rates to make sure that I'm not shafting anyone by doing this, so it's nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd let you know.

-Truck North

#859 | Back to Top05-19-2008 12:55:16 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

As long as you guys have time and space in the hotel for such changes, go for it. emot-keke

Hotel arrangements I've left to everyone to figure out on their own with the people they're staying with, so I trust everything's on the up and up. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#860 | Back to Top05-19-2008 10:30:14 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

NOTE NOTE NOTE:

The Met is booked for 9:30am, June 1st. Keep in mind it'll take like 15-20 minutes to get us all through security. Please come with cash, so we can pool it together and pay and GET THE HELL IN THERE.

The following people bring 8bux and their student ID:
Yasha
Stormcrow
SexingTouga
Shattered
Frosty

The rest of you (that's the other 11, you're all booked for the Met since everyone agreed on going. emot-dance), bring 16bux. This is 4 dollars less than regular admission, so go ME!

BTW, don't be late, anyone. emot-mad Just meet on the stairs leading up to the entrance. We'll be wherever the shade is.

#861 | Back to Top05-19-2008 12:41:09 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Giovanna wrote:

NOTE NOTE NOTE:

The Met is booked for 9:30am, June 1st. Keep in mind it'll take like 15-20 minutes to get us all through security. Please come with cash, so we can pool it together and pay and GET THE HELL IN THERE.

The following people bring 8bux and their student ID:
Yasha
Stormcrow
SexingTouga
Shattered
Frosty

[snippety]

I do have a student ID, and it has no expiration date listed on it.  Hell, my university hasn't even refunded me the money I put on it (it's also a debit card to be used on campus to pay for parking, food, etc.), but if this throws a wrench in the plan, I'll suck it up and pay the extra bux.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#862 | Back to Top05-19-2008 12:50:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Well go ahead and bring it, and we'll see, but they asked for counts so yeah, you might be SOL. emot-frown

I'm more so, I'm supposed to get in for free but I think I'll be paying the 16 along with everyone else. emot-keke

#863 | Back to Top05-19-2008 01:15:49 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Update on the hotel situation. Here's what I've got so far, let me know if anything needs changing.

Ashnod, SexingTouga, Rhyaniwyn, Rhya's roomie in one room from Wednesday 5-28 until Monday 6-2.

Shattered and Mercury in another room from Thursday 5-29 until Monday 6-2.

Is that correct, feasible, acceptable, whatever? These can still be changed, but I need to know soon if they need to be.

-Truck North

#864 | Back to Top05-19-2008 02:50:05 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Okay I just cleared it up over e-mail, mercurynin, bring your ID, I have you listed as a student now, 8bux. emot-smile I have me listed as a student too, since my membership doesn't apply to group rates. That's okay I don't mind the Met getting more $$$ from me. etc-love

#865 | Back to Top05-19-2008 06:52:45 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Update on the hotel situation. Here's what I've got so far, let me know if anything needs changing.

Ashnod, SexingTouga, Rhyaniwyn, Rhya's roomie in one room from Wednesday 5-28 until Monday 6-2.

Is that correct, feasible, acceptable, whatever? These can still be changed, but I need to know soon if they need to be.

Where are you in this arrangement?

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#866 | Back to Top05-19-2008 08:47:00 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Stormcrow wrote:

If Shattered is okay with it, I'm okay with it.  I assume you're going with the two double beds option, which would be $580.88 for four nights (I'm flying home Monday afternoon).  Split down the middle, we'd each owe $290.44, but then again, I can't remember when Shattered is heading home, and I don't think it'd be fair to essentially make him pay for a night he's not staying.

#867 | Back to Top05-19-2008 10:04:27 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I'll be in a single room where I won't keep anyone awake. Mercury, I'll have to consult with Shattered about this, but I currently have you booked for one bed in that room. I'll make up the difference between that rate and what you would have paid had I been in the room, since I'm backing out at the last minute here. If you'd prefer the separate beds...well that would be best to talk to him about I suppose. Let me know if I need to make changes though.

-Truck North

#868 | Back to Top05-20-2008 09:51:14 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Stormcrow wrote:

I'll be in a single room where I won't keep anyone awake. Mercury, I'll have to consult with Shattered about this, but I currently have you booked for one bed in that room. I'll make up the difference between that rate and what you would have paid had I been in the room, since I'm backing out at the last minute here. If you'd prefer the separate beds...well that would be best to talk to him about I suppose. Let me know if I need to make changes though.

*shrug*  Doesn't matter to me.  If the one bed you mentioned is king-sized, we may as well be sleeping in other rooms.  emot-rolleyes  But I'll let him put his .02 in.

#869 | Back to Top05-21-2008 05:30:35 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

!!! Alright everyone! Yasha and I are going to be in NYC by this evening for our vacation. emot-dance That means except for every couple days when we cart my laptop to a wifi cafe, we will not be here. Most of you should have my cell number, and if you don't, satyr will give it to you if your reasons seem appropriate. Yes, he is currently the king of the forum. Hopefully he doesn't get drunk with power and start going all Saionji on everyone, but I wouldn't worry about it, he's really more an Utena type. Just keep him the fuck away from any dark-skinned older men or we'll come back to a mess. emot-tongue

So...DO NOT CALL ME JUST FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES. I love you guys but I hate phones and am not the type to sit around in a restaurant blabbering away on one. If something important has happened, by all means give me a ring. If it's something that can wait a couple days, SEND ME AN E-MAIL, don't PM me! E-mails are quicker to check in the pay computer downstairs so I'm likely to check them more often. WHEN YOU ARRIVE SAFELY AT YOUR HOTEL, if you have a cell, toss me a text message, so I know everything's on the up and up. Don't abuse the text messages though, I pay for them. emot-mad

Couple last things: Everyone needs to arrange for arrival plans for people staying with them. IE, Shattered is probably going to arrive while all the other forum members staying at the hotel are out, so inform the frontdesk he's coming and to let him in. Know the street address AND intersection of where your hotel is! '25th and 3rd' (that's me!), is going to sink in a lot easier than the street numbers, in case you get a cabbie whose English isn't especially good. No, I'm not being racist, it's just something that happens rather often.

Once in New York, I carry a subway map with me, a choppied version of this. (Itself a heavily edited copy of the official map I made for Yasha one year. emot-keke) If you're hopelessly lost, I can get you on a subway, but don't fear others! I've never had a rude response when asking even really stupid questions like 'Where's Water St?' or 'Um where's the closest subway station?'. If it's very important to you, the numbered lines (red and green) are the cleaner/newer ones, since one carries the tourists, and the other is the LES -> Wall Street crowd.

I'll be bombing around my house for the next couple hours packing stuff I wouldn't pack in front of my family (I'm stealing half the cupboard and shipping it up to Canada. THEY DON'T USE KEY LIME BBQ SAUCE.), so if you catch me and have any questions feel free to call. I'm honestly going to be much harder to contact after this, though I'll try my best. emot-smile

I'll see you guys soon! emot-dance poptart emot-dance

#870 | Back to Top05-21-2008 10:43:45 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/656/katewinslet16cz9.jpg
I'm king of the forum! school-devil

Gio, Yasha, have a great time.  We'll be up to join you in a little bit!

#871 | Back to Top05-21-2008 03:14:46 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Have fun, girls. etc-love See you soon.

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#872 | Back to Top05-21-2008 09:45:24 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

HAVE FUN GIO AND YASHA and everyone who gets to go! Have extra fun for those of us who can't make it! TAKE A HELL OF A LOT OF PICTURES! And, if you can, someone with a webcam and msn let me know if you want to video chat. It would make my week, really. etc-love
I'm really upset that I can't come, but I wish everyone the best: a safe and happy RoseCon!

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#873 | Back to Top05-22-2008 03:54:08 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ha, seconding bella -- if anyone wants a phonecall from about as close as Antarctica as the forum gets, I'm your penguin. emot-biggrin

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#874 | Back to Top05-22-2008 07:43:49 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

awww...I love penguins! And I'd love to hear from any of you that couldn't make it. I can be reached at (913)710-1299. I'll have my camera of course, so along with 70 or 80 pictures of flowers, there will be plenty of pictures of vIRGins in the wilds of New York. I am hideously slow about getting stuff posted (just now getting the photos from my Florida trip in JANUARY uploaded) but they'll get up there eventually.

-Truck North

#875 | Back to Top05-22-2008 08:06:20 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I don't know if I mentioned this, but Kealdrea was going to go to the prom held last weekend with her boyfriend, but she decided not to, because she is aware of the sad truth that very few will admit; the prom is stupid, and not worth the time and money. Instead she was talking about going to a local amusement park or even Six Flags with him instead, which really does sound better. So after they talked it over yesterday, my mom told me not to make any plans for this weekend, because we would be going to Six Flags. (She and him are going to a closer one some other time, but somehow Six Flags came out of not going to the prom.)

But here's the thing... About an hour ago, she also told me to make sure that my friend who will be visiting tomorrow gets home earlier because she didn't want to have to be tired when she drove five hours to get there. Five hours... Apparently this Six Flags we're going to is in New Jersey.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/RazaraNi/ZOMGWTF.jpg
I'm horribly sleep deprived at the moment and therefor not thinking clearly, but I've checked and double-checked the facts, and there's no doubt about it... Something is very wrong with this. Very wrong indeed... I mean, for one thing, I could have sworn that New Jersey was right below Massachusetts, but I guess that was Rhode Island. But more importantly, how the does it make sense that we'll be driving past New York to an amusement park, when we could just go a week later and save an hour and a half by just staying at New York, or maybe just stopping there on the way back?

... If there's any chance that I fix rearrange things so that I won't have to drive past New York and think, "How nice! If only I were here a week from now," then would it be too late for me come? I hate to ask so ridiculously late into the planning, so please don't think it rude of me. emot-frown

I'll have to think about this after I get some sleep.

Board footer