This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#551 | Back to Top04-24-2013 01:41:49 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

Re: Dreams

I dreamed that I was at a grocery store, and my wares cost around 1700 dollars.

How I fit 1700 worth of groceries inside the shopping cart, I do not know.

#552 | Back to Top05-07-2013 05:47:39 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Augh. AUGH. Horrible HORRIBLE daydream this morning right before I crawled out of bed. emot-gonk

satyreyes took over Aine Silveria's Minecraft server, the one we all talk about in the Minecraft thread. And by "took over," I mean hacked his way into ownership, blacklisted everybody, wrecked every single build he could find and then some. It was like he fell into a different dimension, and Bizarro!satyr replaced him. The only way we could boot him was to stop paying for the space, and let the hosting company take over from there. Whihc was my idea, since I'm effectively paying for our space. (Well, not directly, but as I understand end result's the same.)

This was a horrible terrible not-good-at-all thing to be thinking, because I don't want to think of anybody here like that. Especially not a mod, who's been trusted by the entire community for how long now? emot-frown

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#553 | Back to Top05-07-2013 05:48:47 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Bizarro!satyr?  Isn't that what I normally do?  emot-confused

#554 | Back to Top05-07-2013 05:51:18 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

satyreyes wrote:

Bizarro!satyr?  Isn't that what I normally do?  emot-confused

NO. NO IT ISN'T. AND WE ALL LOVE YOU MORE FOR IT. etc-love

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#555 | Back to Top05-07-2013 08:52:10 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I agree.  He is an upstanding young gentleman if I ever saw one. emot-keke

Last edited by satyreyes (05-07-2013 09:03:08 PM)

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#556 | Back to Top05-10-2013 01:21:09 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Decrescent Daytripper, I'm really sorry I stepped on your cat. It was an accident, but it shouldn't have been sleeping on the stairs in the dark. emot-frown From now on I'll bring a flashlight when I use the magic door which teleports me across the world.

OITL... I don't know Italian, but your fluency in that language was very impressive.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#557 | Back to Top05-23-2013 03:38:14 PM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

So Cicero from Skyrim took over my house. There were a lot of skinny-looking creatures in there as well. The door was hanging wide open.
Outside, the name "Cicero" was spelled out with sticks, and next to it was a human-like plant that had washer fluid in it. I yanked it out of the ground, snapping its roots.

Ran to the car, drove off quickly. As I was driving, I noticed the plant was growing and aging. I reached my destination, which was apparently a highway in the middle of nowhere. I look over, and I see an attractive man made of tree. We had sex (awesome) and he ejaculated washer fluid into me. Dead.

Last edited by Dazmi (05-23-2013 03:47:16 PM)

#558 | Back to Top05-28-2013 09:02:07 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Last night I dreamt I was trying to get a tan on the beach when a bald eagle landed on my belly and started kneading it with its talons. The more it did the worse of a sunburn I got but it felt really good for some reason.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#559 | Back to Top05-28-2013 11:17:51 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

That's funny; I dreamed that a black cat with a white head sprouted wings and flew through the air meowing the National Anthem!

(Not really, but wouldn't it be awesome?)

#560 | Back to Top05-30-2013 01:14:55 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Holy shit.

It seems that I should never watch nature programs before going to bed.  Details not forthcoming.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#561 | Back to Top07-16-2013 10:19:31 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I dreamt Yasha was singing I Won't Say I'm in Love from Hercules in an abandoned building and BlackRoseVixen, Hiraku, and I were singing the Muses' parts until I learned she was singing about my crush Ash Armand.  I got really steamed and threatened to quit the group.  I woke up feeling kind of guilty.

#562 | Back to Top07-17-2013 04:15:26 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I always did like Meg. Antiheroines are my thing. cool

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#563 | Back to Top08-10-2013 08:59:02 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I dreamed that I had been involuntarily drafted into playing a key position in a team sport I did not like and whose rules I did not know.  Gee, unconscious mind, I wonder what current event this could be a deep allegory for.  emot-rolleyes  The sport involved buckets, flags, and colored markers that were stuck into a big canvas like Lite-Brite pegs.  You could change what the flags showed by dipping them in the buckets.  Beyond that, your guess about the rules is as good as mine.  Naturally, I ended up losing the game for my team, which didn't make me Mr. Popular with my teammates.

But I also had a dream that was much cooler.  There was a weird, trippy movie playing in a loop on a big screen.  I discovered that if you put on 3D glasses and closed your left eye, the movie showed one thing, and if you closed your right eye, it showed a completely different thing.  It was all part of some kind of puzzle.  This is awesome because it would actually work.

#564 | Back to Top08-13-2013 12:17:21 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I don't know why, but I always dream about buying Chester's Puffcorn or winning at claw machines. It happens ALL the time, it's really weird. Maybe it's a sign that I need to get Chester's Puffcorn in real life, since I like it a lot but haven't had it in years. A couple days ago I had a dream I was at the store and going to buy some, but I couldn't find a bag big enough that I could share with my sisters but small enough that I could easily carry home. There was only one small bag, and it was way too tiny for me to share. The other bags were too big, though. They came in 30lb bags up to 70lb bags, and that was just too heavy to carry all the way home, not to mention I was too short to even reach them up on the shelf. Someone in the store eventually informed me that the name had changed from "Chester's Puffcorn" to "Uncle Albert's Snack Crackers." I still couldn't find a big/small enough bag, though.

I wonder if I buy some in real life I'll finally stop dreaming about it emot-tongue

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#565 | Back to Top12-27-2013 10:44:27 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I dreamt I could actually make it to Rosecon this year only everybody was going to be staying in my apartment.

I miss you guys. emot-frown

#566 | Back to Top12-31-2013 10:47:33 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

We miss you too, honey.

#567 | Back to Top01-16-2014 10:07:59 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

I dreamt that I was drafted against my will into a game of survival, along with a number of other random people from various cultures. Included in the group was a soldier who, at first, wanted to die immediately before he was convinced to go along with it. We would all individually travel through an enormous sprawling field of battle, killing every hostile inhabitant in our way until we'd reached our goal, a temple complex in the middle of a desert. Somehow, I managed to make it there first, allowing me to see what was clearly a staged fight between a random hero and the 1970's version of Dr Gaius Baltar. It was set up to show that it was impossible to beat him in a fair fight. Soon after, the other two surviving contestants made it to the goal. They were the soldier and a frightened young woman who had been tagging along with him (hey, I'm a dude who watches anime, of course my dreams are going to include a stereotypical damsel in distress). At last, Baltar set up a board game that requires strategy to win. Four tables, one for each player. The objective was to beat Baltar. The one who did would survive.

I didn't know how to play the game at all. There was Baltar, stacking his pieces and teleporting them to my game board while I was still struggling to get one stack together. I lost quickly, followed soon by the woman. It was then that I noticed that the small black tiles that had been placed on our necks at the beginning of the ordeal had glowing numbers that weren't there before. On the woman was a 23 and on the soldier was 50. I checked in the mirror and I had 45 on mine. It was a countdown, showing the number of minutes each of us had to live, based on how many kills we had made. And then I saw what the real goal of the strategy game was. Baltar was distracted while he kept playing against the soldier. A dagger to the back of the neck ended things at last. The numbers on my neck disappeared, but the countdown remained on the other two. The soldier was happy that he would finally get to die. Not so, the other contestant. I knew (because it was a dream) that my death would allow her to live.

The dream ended with the unresolved dilemma of allowing myself to survive or sacrificing myself for the sake of the most innocent among us.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#568 | Back to Top02-04-2014 10:21:59 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

So there is this old mineshaft that belongs to IRG.  And in this mineshaft there's a sheer rock wall, straight up for maybe fifty feet.  It's for climbing.  There are easier and harder places to climb it, and I'm trying the hardest route for the first time.  On the way up I read notes that have been scribbled on the cliff wall by vIRGins who have gone before me.  Gio has a note about how you can expect to do at least three practice lunges before you commit to reaching for a new handhold.  I keep scrabbling up and it's not too bad, and I get to just inches below the very top -- but the top has a considerable lip or mantel.  And here just below the lip is a long note from Decrescent Daytripper.  The implication is that DD not only got all the way up here, but had such an easy time of it that he had no trouble clinging onto the wall with one hand and two feet while leisurely writing a paragraph in perfect handwriting with his remaining hand.  The subject of the paragraph is how to get over a lip in a rock wall, with detailed instructions on the safety equipment you should be wearing before you even consider trying such a thing.  I'm not wearing any safety equipment.  I reach up for the lip with one hand, but almost fall backwards and barely get a hold of the wall again.  I decide not to attempt it, but then realize that I have no idea how to climb down!  And terrified, I wake up.

I've been rock climbing a couple times in real life -- with a proper safety harness.  It's a whole lot of fun and, if you haven't, you should try it -- with a proper safety harness.  Without a proper safety harness you will freak out on the way up, and really freak out on the way down.  (And if you can't visualize why getting over a lip would be a really difficult thing to do, particularly when Ezio Auditore and the Prince of Persia don't seem to have any trouble, you will be able to visualize it after your rock climbing trip.)

DD, are you in fact an expert rock climber?  (Or possibly a yogi who can levitate up about fifty feet?)

#569 | Back to Top02-06-2014 01:03:39 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

I've been invited to be part of the next interplanetary colony. I'm a little bit leery, seeing as one part of the questionnaire asked how comfortable I would be living in a theocracy (not very). But, oddly, the real deal breaker for me was the date of the launch: March 1. A little over one week before the first episode of Neil Degrasse Tyson's Cosmos comes out.

After I woke up, I said to myself what a stupid decision that would have been. Why worry about missing Cosmos when I could actually be living it?

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#570 | Back to Top02-07-2014 09:34:02 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

I am working for a local, but semi-prominent, TV station. As a reporter, I am called out to locations to craft stories and tell what's happened. As I near one location, a helicopter flies down and loses its top rotor. We flee the area. The crew and I then hear some shouting. We drive over to investigate. It turns out that an autistic boy is being verbally abused by someone. The second we show up, the attacker flees, only to be stopped by the cops. The boy and I then form a mentor-student bond.

After leaving the house, more shouting happens. We dash over only to find that Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow on Family Matters) who, donned in police garb, is being verbally berated by another officer. The argument is whether or not to go to Dairy Queen. VelJohnson keeps looking at his stomach, trying to hint that he doesn't want anything, but the guy makes us all go anyway. I try to tell VelJohnson that he could get something small, which he ends up doing. I get a water bottle.

The next day has come, and there is apparently a crisis at the autistic child's home. The screen now cuts to a flashback through his eyes. He is being laughed at by his older female cousins, making fun of him for seeing what isn't there (namely, another person who is acting as his imaginary friend). The girls exit, but the boy snaps into a trance. His eyes glaze, and he stumbles into the kitchen on non-bending legs. He waddles over and grabs a knife from a magnetic board. He then turns into the room where the girls are and stabs each of them in the jugular. When he leaves that room, his aunt comes in, asking what he's done. He snaps out of his trance, looks at the knife and the blood, and begins convulsing on the floor.

Back to my POV. The family calls me, telling me what happened, and asking me to meet them where they are now so that I can use my hostage negotiator training. I dash over and find him in an area surrounded by books. I, with much caution, make my way to him. He is delighted that I am there, but still wracked with shame and guilt for what's recently occurred. I mange to talk him down, and ask if he'd like to come outside. I tell the family and the police that I need a bit more time to de-escalate the situation. We make our way to a pier, where we sit down and talk. He asks me, "If there is a God, then why is there evil?", to which I respond by breaking down C. S. Lewis' The Problem of Pain, avoiding letting any personal ideas on it slip in. As I finish, he whips out a hidden knife and puts me in a head lock, holding the knife close to my throat. With much coaxing, I manage to slip out, only to see us both pull out a gun and hold it at each other. Behind the boy, a cop shows holding a much bigger, semi-automatic gun. To convince the boy to drop his, I lower mine and release it. The boy does, as well. I then tell the boy that it's time to go home, lying that he'll not be arrested at the end of this altercation. I tell the mother that she should ride with him to the station, which she does.

A week passed. The mother managed to get the child out on bail. I have been calling their residence to see how things are, but I've not been getting answers. As I show up to the house in person, the mother calls me, asking if I'd like to accompany them to an event at the boy's school. Some orchestral thing, so I go to meet them there. When we arrive, I can hear everyone murmuring as he walks in. He's oblivious to them, but I try to give everyone mean looks, which shuts them up.

We are now sitting at a table with some girl I've been secretly pining for, two of the boy's older male cousins, and the mother. Conversation is light, though, as I blink for one moment, the shirts of the girl and one of the cousins now changes to each read "Kinder." They reply that it's their code for them dating, to which  I offer my, though withdrawn, least sincere congratulations.

I awoke to the sound of my phone telling me to get up and get my ass on the scale.

#571 | Back to Top02-10-2014 07:55:23 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

I just had this dream... I remember so very little of it now, but the thing that stuck with me when I woke up was as follows:

I was at a house likely modeled in my mind after the ones I've visited where kind people of middle-class financial status live. There was some sort of IRG-based gathering I think, but barely any attendees. I want to say the roll call (at least at the time) was Me, Satyr, Gio, and someone else I didn't have a name for. I remember talking to Gio... or at least, someone I distinctly thought of as being Gio but "wasn't" her. I remember what the actual Gio looks like, and this person was of a somewhat older temperament. I can't remember her face, only that this "Gio" was too old to be Gio as I remember, but in the dream this didn't occur to me at all.

I think I walked with her somewhere, or she came along while I was standing at some spot, or whatever. Anyway we talked a bit, and suddenly she went into a long-winded description that ended in a very important question, expressing a desire for something that was more or less missing in her life... either a capacity that wasn't being fulfilled adequately enough already, or something absent entirely, though I can't recall any idea of what it was. I remember that the phrasing was of a request for a specific response (it was perhaps a "What is X?" or more likely a "How do I find X?" sort of deal) but her words implied that this was something she worried wasn't going to happen. It seemed so natural to me after a short bit of pondering, like I knew what to say before she'd even finished speaking. I looked her in the eye, smiled, and said "You will." I said this because I was certain it was true that the desire she expressed was indeed quite possible, as a matter of fact I still recognize that answer as being the right one... still, I was a bit taken aback by how very happy she was at hearing this. So happy in fact, that she went so far as to say that she loved me. I distinctly remember her following this by saying something that implied she was asking my hand in marriage (it included the word in fact, but I can't remember the phrasing) and taking my hand, saying something about a ring... but on my hand was a rose crest ring. (the exact replica I actually own, as a matter of fact) However, it wasn't even on my ring finger (I think it was on my middle finger or index for some reason) Regardless, she said something about my "not needing one" (paraphrasing here I think, but IIRC she was referring to an engagement ring) and I think she hurried off somewhere, concluding the interaction. I was flattered, yet felt very awkward during this process. This was probably because I recalled her existing relationship status and found it confusing that her claims either implied she was no longer "taken", or intended to sever her existing relationship on my behalf (the latter thought is quite unsettling to me, for obvious reasons >_>) it's also perhaps possible that this dream-Gio was actually just joking with me in a lighthearted way, but she seemed too serious about it for me to accept that.

There was another part to this segment of the dream where I talked to someone else (a young woman who was moderately plus sized, probably looked like someone I'd met before) and our discussion included something about the previous incident. I can't recall any specific words, but I remember her making a... rather forward comment about her taste in relationships (possibly including Satyr's name and "dick" in the same sentence, if not connected to eachother) that happened to imply she could just as easily take an interest in me, though I'm not sure if this was subtle or clear to both of us. I think we recognized it and glanced expectantly at eachother, but I can't remember if I woke up here or something else happened, mostly because my waking mind was much more preoccupied with the aforementioned thing with Gio. This all happened later in the dream, the earlier half took place at a gaming store of the CCG-based sort I believe, since I remember seeing and talking to my old friend there... but not what we said, or much else at all.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#572 | Back to Top02-11-2014 12:02:32 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm getting old even in people's dreams. emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

It sounds like I've said something important to you, maybe in that other thread about working out your life. emot-smile I'm flattered I've kicked my way into your subconscious!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#573 | Back to Top02-11-2014 12:45:43 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Honestly I feel like while my dreamscape generator may have decided "age" to determine your appearance based on your recent birthday posts, the reason it likely happened was because an actual mental image of you wasn't to be found in my short-term memory. So... don't worry, it's not your fault >.>

Perhaps so, but let's not forget that dreams tend to switch things around... indeed, your words have affected me positively (I've been looking into means of obtaining finances) yet I also acknowledge the possibility that the "you" in my dream could just as easily have been a placeholder identity for someone else in my life, or a piece of my own consciousness. In either case I was just doing what I felt was right, listening carefully to the story while it was being told and giving it the best answer I could. I remember feeling my confidence in the solution growing as it progressed, it's undoubtedly quite satisfying to be able to do something like that for someone. Lately, I've felt as though in some way that sort of thing is what I'm meant to do.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#574 | Back to Top03-14-2014 12:41:05 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I had a nightmare last night where I could make it to Rosecon twenty-fourteen only to find out that satyr, Ashnod, and BlackRoseVixen didn't want to be friends with me anymore. Maybe it's a sign that I need to quit being so moody all the time. Thank God it was just a dream.

#575 | Back to Top03-15-2014 05:10:47 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

What is it with me and the body horror dreams?  Twice it's been "oh, look, I've got bugs/food/what-have-you in my flesh, better root around and dig it out," and on top of that, last night there was something about a Soviet commando dude and a plague of vaguely ominous mushroom spores, that would definitely do something horrible to you if you inhaled them.

BLEH.  BLEH I SAY. emot-gonk

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

Board footer