This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top04-22-2008 04:50:11 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Re: YKYWTMSKUW...

Mishi wrote:

Or maybe you'll find yourself in an alternate universe where Akio is GOOD.

I mean, really, Akio attending CHURCH? That would tarnish the sexy bad boy image he has spent so long refining... Bref, 'you know you've seen too much SKU...'

Yes well obviously he's there to seduce the priest. Akio could turn a nunnery into a whore house.

#77 | Back to Top04-22-2008 08:08:00 AM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

Coco Melancholy wrote:

Yes well obviously he's there to seduce the priest. Akio could turn a nunnery into a whore house.

Or the altar boys. I had a passing glimpse of Akio in a dream where I was in an Ohtori-esque version of my old high school. Which just so happens to be a private Girl's Catholic school. A disaster waiting to happen if there ever was one. Especially with nuns living in a neighboring building, in addition to the obvious boy-crazy, boy-deprived teenage girls. And with an actual priest as our religion teacher.

And for some reason I can just see him seducing my favorite French teacher by impressing her with his knowledge of Victor Hugo in general, and Notre-Dame-de-Paris in particular. Bonus points that she's an eccentric, short, fat lady who always wears black and has lots of cats at home. >_> Her pet name for him would be Phoebus. emot-biggrin

#78 | Back to Top04-22-2008 08:13:14 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Mishi wrote:

Or the altar boys.

Oh no, that would be Mikage *cries*

Mishi wrote:

And for some reason I can just see him seducing my favorite French teacher by impressing her with his knowledge of Victor Hugo in general, and Notre-Dame-de-Paris in particular. Bonus points that she's an eccentric, short, fat lady who always wears black and has lots of cats at home. >_> Her pet name for him would be Phoebus. emot-biggrin

And so the mental images surge forth...

#79 | Back to Top04-22-2008 08:23:22 AM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

Coco Melancholy wrote:

Oh no, that would be Mikage *cries*

Mishi wrote:

And so the mental images surge forth...

I've always thought of Akio as pansexual. He'd go after altar boys if it suited him. Mamiya looks about the same age as Miki, and Touga is only about 3 years older than Miki, after all.

I just like the idea of Akio as Phoebus, to be honest. In Victor Hugo's Notre-Dame-de-Paris, he was a real uncaring bastard in whom Esmerelda believed in 'till the end. There's a very Touga/Utena/Akio quality to the Frolo/Esmerelda/Phoebus love triangle. Except of course that Utena doesn't die for Akio in the end, if she even dies at all.

#80 | Back to Top01-26-2009 08:35:37 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

You name all of your pets Nanami.

You take up fencing or kendo because they make it look so sexy.

You've learned more about symbolism and literary analysis from discussing the show with fellow fans than from any English class you've ever taken. (Guilty as charged)

that makes me your partner in crime. 
And I've learned a lot about psychology and thanks to this amazing person, a lot about body language. school-eng101

#81 | Back to Top01-26-2009 09:09:15 AM

TawnyAngel
Juri Jeerer

When you watch as many different versions of the anime as you can find in order to pick out the subtle differences emot-dance

#82 | Back to Top01-26-2009 09:25:24 PM

Esmenet
Tenjou Tilter

When you have spent the last three years studiously doing nothing with your hair except for the occasional trim, and now have the urge to dye it red and keep it this exact length, just because none of the others' haircuts would work on you.

When you're trying to play Utena songs by ear on the violin even though you suck at playing things by ear, and when you fail you google extensively for sheet music.

When you're concentrating more on getting a rose signet ring than getting your mother to enroll you in college classes.

When the fitness regime you desire most is finding someone nice to teach you kendo.

When you write a story that not only draws heavily on SKU and its themes, but the ending scene is the villain/main character standing in a rose garden while thinking about all the people he's killed, his dead lover, and freedom.

When the first thing you do on your brand new laptop (after installing Firefox) is download WinAmp so you can use the Touga skin, and then the next thing you do is download Virtual Star Hasseigaku so it can be the first mp3 your computer plays. And then you go and see which of the Utena desktops here would look best right now.

The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world. [The bird is flying to God. The name of the God is called Abraxas.]

#83 | Back to Top01-26-2009 09:50:27 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

You get an mp3 player for the holidays. The first playlist you make?  Music that will inspire you for Utena fanfic/RPGs. It is hours long.

20 threads dead so far.

#84 | Back to Top01-26-2009 09:54:27 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

hollow_rose wrote:

You get an mp3 player for the holidays. The first playlist you make?  Music that will inspire you for Utena fanfic/RPGs. It is hours long.

Hope there's some Garbage on that thing. I can't listen to pretty much ANY Garbage song without wanting to fic the hell out of some SKU character. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#85 | Back to Top01-26-2009 10:03:18 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Clarice wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

Hope there's some Garbage on that thing. I can't listen to pretty much ANY Garbage song without wanting to fic the hell out of some SKU character. emot-rofl

Of course there is Garbage!  Garbage and SKU go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

*pulls out list*
Bleed Like Me -- general black rose
Dumb -- Black rose, again
Push It -- various messed up romantic pairings
Run Baby Run -- Utena song
Nobody Loves You -- Ruka special
Right Between the Eyes -- more Utena

...umm thats it for this list.  This is sort of specific to current RPG/fanfics I'm working on. I had more at one time when I had other utena-related irons in the fire.

20 threads dead so far.

#86 | Back to Top01-26-2009 10:17:19 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

hollow_rose wrote:

Of course there is Garbage!  Garbage and SKU go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

Hee, yeah, a few years back I wrote a pile of drabbles inspired by various characters. One day I really have to go through and do the ones I missed! school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#87 | Back to Top01-26-2009 11:09:08 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

hollow_rose wrote:

Clarice wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

*pulls out list*
Bleed Like Me -- general black rose
Dumb -- Black rose, again
Push It -- various messed up romantic pairings
Run Baby Run -- Utena song
Nobody Loves You -- Ruka special
Right Between the Eyes -- more Utena

...umm thats it for this list.  This is sort of specific to current RPG/fanfics I'm working on. I had more at one time when I had other utena-related irons in the fire.

You forgot "Androgyny" <.<

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#88 | Back to Top01-27-2009 06:32:36 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

More of the off-topic craziness...oh I love Garbage. You're all so right - very SKU. I should def make a Garbage SKU amv. Yet it's so hard to pick the right song...so many good ones... school-devil

#89 | Back to Top01-27-2009 04:26:45 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Hell, you could justify just about any Garbage song.

Especially "Sleep Together". It's the Ohtori school song, after all.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#90 | Back to Top01-27-2009 08:22:52 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

You start itching to draw weird chibis of SKU characters as catgirls.
XD

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#91 | Back to Top01-27-2009 08:39:25 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

-When you start listening to the theme songs constantly.
-When you actually want to take up fencing.
-When you want to make an AMV.
-When you have a crush on one of the characters.
-You start daydreaming about the series.
-You get the urge to write fanfiction during school when you should be doing your classwork.
-You want to learn to play the piano.
-The stories you write were inspired/heavily based off the show.
-You begin getting interested in fairy tales again.
-You want to cosplay as one of the characters either at an anime convention or Halloween.

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#92 | Back to Top01-27-2009 08:40:04 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

Miss Bluesky wrote:

You start itching to draw weird chibis of SKU characters as catgirls.
XD

Oooh! And catboys!

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#93 | Back to Top01-27-2009 09:08:37 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Esmenet wrote:

When you're trying to play Utena songs by ear on the violin even though you suck at playing things by ear, and when you fail you google extensively for sheet music.

And then you go and see which of the Utena desktops here would look best right now.

Not exactly on violin. I tried playing Belladonna's Trap on the piano, and managed to get a good deal of it by ear. It is also downloaded on my mp3, and I go to sleep with it. And I have like one Utena wallpaper. emot-redface

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#94 | Back to Top01-27-2009 09:12:12 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

After you've done the formentioned 'joining of the fencing team', you have the urge to shout Next! (or Sugi) whenever you win a bout, and extra points if you go through with it.

#95 | Back to Top01-28-2009 12:49:22 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

You think of Suzuki, Yamada, and Tanaka every time you hear a babershop quartet.

Men with long hair scare the heck out of you.

You start to get waaaayyy to close to your brother/sister.

You declare that the term princess is sexist.

You get all squealy just because there was a Nerds/Henchwomen moment in the last episode. (Guilty! emot-redface)

Last edited by Riri-kins (01-29-2009 12:22:13 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#96 | Back to Top01-28-2009 03:19:22 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

You wear your signet ring when going to bars so guys will think its an engagement ring and not hit on you. Because they're not your prince!

(Sadly, one bar guy thought it was an engagement ring but still hit on me.. emot-gonk )

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (01-28-2009 03:21:50 PM)

#97 | Back to Top01-29-2009 06:02:01 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Riri-kins wrote:

You declare that the term princess is sexist.

It is. emot-mad

#98 | Back to Top01-29-2009 07:34:21 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

You are reading Flowers for Algernon and knowing that you should be crying your eyes out, but you can't help but be a bit distracted by your own mental efforts to add an 'o' to the end of Professor Nemur's name each time you read it.

#99 | Back to Top01-30-2009 01:28:54 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

You hear a gym whistle, and want to shout Sugi.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#100 | Back to Top02-01-2009 02:57:08 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Prince_of_Stars wrote:

You hear a gym whistle, and want to shout Sugi.

..............I did this once at fencing practice, when I was doing bouts myself. The guy I was fencing with was like....what?! But I had just totally kicked his ass in like 30 seconds and it just sort of slipped out... It was so embarrassing!

20 threads dead so far.

Board footer