This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top01-02-2010 11:12:53 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Re: Project Runway

I have to say, Amy and Jay Nicolas have my attention.

#127 | Back to Top01-14-2010 09:03:18 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

(Don't mind the stream-of-consciousness typing, I'm critiquing as I watch. )

Oh, Lawd, Anthony is already looking like Kayne 2.0! I think I etc-love him.

Jesus and Amy could be visually interesting. I am a WHORE for "visually interesting".

Also, Ping's design aesthetic as she described it says to me, "I like to make flowy shit." I have also declared her the official weirdo for this season, a graduate of the CloudCuckooLander School of Design.

Nice to know Janeane's going to be our crier for the season, depending on how long she lasts.

Emilio's dress rocked my damn socks off after scaring me into thinking he wasn't going to finish. Christiane's dress looked like the same mess that Qristyl put out last season, and Jesus' dress looked like Kenley's Final Four dress. And I wasn't loving Seth Aaron's dress as much as the judges.

Then there's Ping....emot-rolleyes

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#128 | Back to Top01-21-2010 09:00:09 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Jesus = EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.  Why are you still here?  I could have thrown up on a model and it would have been easier to look at then...whatever that was.
And Pamela....what the hell?  Sure, it wasn't all that flattering or mood-correct, but it was an impressive technique.  Why keep Jesus over her?

Jay...what?  Sure, it was a neat trick on the skirt, but she looked like a ballerina.  In a way, the overall idea looked so... the first thing that comes to any amateur artist's mind when they start doodling a dress...slim tank top and short poofy bottom.  Just what. The. Fuck.

Amy- So far my favorite.  That dress.  So, so gorgeous.  The playful textures (like some kind of sexy forest nymph), the composition, the contrast of the swishy skirt and open, smooth back, the perfect use of color -warm without being drab...and originality without being cliche' original, Ping. Plus, she was the one who best filled the challenge... she both embraced the fabric and re-invented it.   SO FUCKING ROBBED (tm raven)!!!!

Speaking of Ping.  Not a bad idea with the skirt, definitely some potential there (though that wouldn't save the top...) but how hard is it to cover a model's ass?  Why does this keep happening?

Also, what is his name, Andre?  The one with the little short-skirted red dress that went up first?  Why on earth was his overlooked?  Especially for Jay's.  Bleh.

Gah.  The drama.  Already it starts. :C

But, so so so much better a talent pool this time around.  Even if the judges were so squirrely this round.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (01-21-2010 11:03:07 PM)

#129 | Back to Top01-22-2010 07:50:49 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Jesus = EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.  Why are you still here?  I could have thrown up on a model and it would have been easier to look at then...whatever that was.
And Pamela....what the hell?  Sure, it wasn't all that flattering or mood-correct, but it was an impressive technique.  Why keep Jesus over her?

Jesus made a hot-ass mess last night. I have no clue why they didn't send his stupid ass home over Pam, who at least did the freaking assignment! On top of that, I actually thought Pam's dress was cute, just not for an industry party. Stick some leggings/tights under it and a pair of cute shoes, and it's a good outfit. Ugh. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Jay...what?  Sure, it was a neat trick on the skirt, but she looked like a ballerina.  In a way, the overall idea looked so... the first thing that comes to any amateur artist's mind when they start doodling a dress...slim tank top and short poofy bottom.  Just what. The. Fuck.
Amy- So far my favorite.  That dress.  So, so gorgeous.  The playful textures (like some kind of sexy forest nymph), the composition, the contrast of the swishy skirt and open, smooth back, the perfect use of color -warm without being drab...and originality without being cliche' original, Ping. Plus, she was the one who best filled the challenge... she both embraced the fabric and re-invented it.   SO FUCKING ROBBED (tm raven)!!!!

I liked Jay's but it shouldn't have won. Mila and Amy would have been a toss-up, even with Mila's boob gap issue. I love Amy's for being a cute dress that openly embraced its "burlappyness" instead of everyone trying to make it look like regular fabric.

Speaking of Ping.  Not a bad idea with the skirt, definitely some potential there (though that wouldn't save the top...) but how hard is it to cover a model's ass?  Why does this keep happening?

I love Ping for bringing the weirdness, especially during a time where all designers are doing these days is rehashing whatever was hot 20 years ago. That said, the shape of her outfit wasn't the problem, it was just too damn short. I feel like this is a common thing among designers because they make clothing intended for people of average height, but they occasionally forget that the sample is going on someone who is at least 5'9" and is at least 50% leg.

But yeah, in general, this is a hell of a group. I didn't see anything I flat out hated except for that mess Jesus made.

#130 | Back to Top01-22-2010 08:12:53 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Dude, WTF!

First of all, I LOVED this challenge, making something AMAZING out of cheap burlap sacks. Now I want a burlap sack. I would wear half the outfits those designers made out of freakin' POTATOE sacks. This challenge showed a whole new level of creativity.

There were a lot of pieces that were dyed and really pretty and you couldn't even tell they were burlap at all, but.. I think they kind of lost the point of the challenge even if they were awesome.

So why did the people who did keep the dresses burlap-y but still completely good-looking not win? ): I loved the modern-looking dress and the one with the burnt-looking fluffy edges.. I can't remember the designer's names. They were both in the top three. The guy who won made a great dress, but it wasn't burlap-y. Impressive that he made the feathers out of burlap though.

I'm glad they gave Ping another chance even if her dress was awful. I think she's just really oblivious but definitely tried.. or maybe I just feel bad for her. I really wish they got rid of Jesus (sounds like HEY ZEUS to me) instead. He deviated from the challenge the most and his dress wasn't even that great for trying to cover up all the burlap with pretty fabric, so that says something.

Out of the ones that made it in but didn't get called back, I really loved the one with the hoodie (would so wear that) and the cute pants-suit.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (01-22-2010 08:13:56 PM)

#131 | Back to Top01-22-2010 10:27:12 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I just don't think the feathers were that impressive a feat.  All you do is strip, dye and fray the fabric.  :/  Sides, that was just ONE texture, when Amy created a variety that were still burlap in spirit, and she had a better composition (in my opinion). 

Hrm, do you guys remember the separates piece, with the pants and vest?  It wasn't in the top or bottom three but I have to say, I smell Logan, and I see unflattering pants.

#132 | Back to Top01-25-2010 07:03:26 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

SDF wrote:

There were a lot of pieces that were dyed and really pretty and you couldn't even tell they were burlap at all, but.. I think they kind of lost the point of the challenge even if they were awesome.

So why did the people who did keep the dresses burlap-y but still completely good-looking not win? ):

The problem is deciding what the actual objective of the challenge is. Was the point to make wearable burlap, or to make burlap not look like burlap?

OITL wrote:

Hrm, do you guys remember the separates piece, with the pants and vest?  It wasn't in the top or bottom three but I have to say, I smell Logan, and I see unflattering pants.

I missed part of the runway, so I had to look for it. And yes, while cute, it totally reeks of Logan. Of course, that brown dress with the lace panel on the front screams Irina, too.

Anthony's dress was cute too. A lot of people on Jezebel said that they would have booted Jay's dress from the Top 3 for his. Like I said, this was an incredibly above-average episode.

#133 | Back to Top01-25-2010 07:14:23 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Raven Nightshade wrote:

SDF wrote:

So why did the people who did keep the dresses burlap-y but still completely good-looking not win? ):

The problem is deciding what the actual objective of the challenge is. Was the point to make wearable burlap, or to make burlap not look like burlap?

Indeed.  My thing is I thought she kind of did both; it didn't look like burlap...but it still felt, I dunno, inspired by burlap. 

Raven wrote:

I missed part of the runway, so I had to look for it. And yes, while cute, it totally reeks of Logan. Of course, that brown dress with the lace panel on the front screams Irina, too.

Anthony's dress was cute too. A lot of people on Jezebel said that they would have booted Jay's dress from the Top 3 for his. Like I said, this was an incredibly above-average episode.

Yes, yes and yes.

#134 | Back to Top01-25-2010 08:20:52 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Yeah, I guess the challenge could go either way. But seeing as how Jesus got slack for completely covering up and hiding the burlap, I assumed the challenge was to keep somewhat of the burlap-essence.

#135 | Back to Top01-28-2010 12:30:42 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I kind of get the feeling that Jesus is being kept around for ratings.  People wanna see what messed up shit he'll pump out next.  I hope it won't last past this week.

#136 | Back to Top01-28-2010 09:02:54 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

DEAR GOD I LOVE ANTHONY! etc-love etc-love etc-love

"Quit acting up in front of company!"

I love and hate team challenges. I love them for the drama, but I hate them for the same drama. If there wasn't a clear bitch before, there will be after this.

Anyway, WTF Mila?! How the hell did you manage to do ONE THING for two days?! Guess it paid off, not that I particularly care for it. I almost think she won just for doing pants.

I loved Jay and Maya's signature look. I liked (believe it or not) Jesus' and Amy's better, though....but not by much.

Everything else was varying degrees of WTF. The yellow and black dresses automatically made me think of Nanami, and not in a good way. It's sad when I'm willing to trust an animated 13-year-old's taste level over a bunch of grown people. ( I will probably edit this part sometime tomorrow after I read the recaps on Jezebel, since they usually include pictures.)

I'm going to miss Ping because she's 12 shades of awesome, but interesting only gets you so far. At least Jesse didn't get dragged down with her.

#137 | Back to Top01-28-2010 10:27:49 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Fugly parade.

emot-mad

I really did not like anything (Mila's looked all penguiny from the back) and felt that all the signature looks all looked the same.  Dark colors and short-sleeved, short-waisted jackets.  Overall, just kind of shoddy looking fits/constructions and use of color (or lack of) all around.

Well, I did like Emilio's (striped dress with thick belt and bare shoulder).

#138 | Back to Top01-30-2010 07:26:46 PM

ShinraiTenchi
Saionji Slapper

I was actually kind of fond of Ping's signature look in an odd way.  She designed it so that the model purposely had to hold up the fabric and I thought it looked somewhat elegant.  I thought Anthony's dress was pretty revolting and hideous; Since he and Ping were both in the bottom, I was expecting them both to go home, but alas only Ping is gone :\  She was fun to watch and I think she had a lot of potential.

I also liked Jesus and Amy's.  I think it was Amy's work that made it look well though because had Jesus done it on his own, it would've looked like crap.  Amy has been producing great work from week one i.m.o.

Mila...something about her just irritates me.  Same with Jonathan.  It might be that they both have an "I'm so much better than you" kind of attitude that just rubs me the wrong way.

The moonlight carries a message of love.

#139 | Back to Top02-05-2010 04:07:57 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

ShinraiTenchi wrote:

I also liked Jesus and Amy's.  I think it was Amy's work that made it look well though because had Jesus done it on his own, it would've looked like crap.  Amy has been producing great work from week one i.m.o.

Yeah, that's pretty dead on. Case in point, this week!

Mila...something about her just irritates me.  Same with Jonathan.  It might be that they both have an "I'm so much better than you" kind of attitude that just rubs me the wrong way.

That's not what chafes me about Mila. I dunno what it is, but it isn't that. I know it freaks me out that she looks an older Maya crossed with Louise Black from last season.

Now, the stank attitude seems to radiate from Emilio. At least he does good work to back it up.

So....on to this week.

YOU'RE ALL SLOPPY! SLOPPY BABIES! (If you don't watch Glee, you will not get that joke.)

Ok, seriously, this was some ugly shit. I love how they were forced to use fire engine red which makes up for the dull blandness of last week's Neutrals on Parade, but I hated damn near every single piece that came down the runway.

Every. Single. Piece.

The Good: Jonathan, Jesse, and Jay had the only three dresses that didn't make me want to light myself on fire, and that still didn't mean I LIKED them.  Jonathan, I feel, is the only one that understands the concept of the words "formal" and "gala".  Admittedly, his red was off, and he didn't use the fugly-ass Campbell's fabric enough, but it was the only dress I remembered after I went to bed last night.  Jesse had a cute dress, but that jacket was completely unnecessary and offensive to his client's fabulous rack. Jay's dress had a lovely bodice, but I don't think it meshed well with the skirt for some reason. I think if he and Jesse swapped bodices, it would have worked out better.

The Bad: Too many short dresses. Too many. Not a single one of those dresses should have been above the knee. If the hemline is halfway up your thigh when you walk, it's too short for a formal occasion.

The FUGLY: Jesus, Janeane, and Anna. Janeane's was a sloppy mess. How the hell it didn't make bottom three instead of Jesse's, I'll never understand. Anna's dress makes me want to claw my eyes out, and I'm genuinely surprised they didn't pull a double elimination to make up for last week. She made that poor woman look like a deformed bell pepper. As for Jesus, he "lucks out" and gets the one who's basically model-sized but shorter, but makes Campbell's clubwear. I knew he was going home as soon as I saw it.

I would like to be thankful that the entire episode wasn't spent pissing and moaning about having to use fatasses, I mean, "real women". (God, I hate that phrase. Models are just as fucking real as we are. They're just more subject to Photoshop.) For once, I do understand a bit of their perspective in the sense that if they were making these for their usual models, the assignment wouldn't have sucked so hard because they know their models' shape and measurements. Thus it wouldn't be as nightmarish to crank out a formal dress in one day. But when you have 24 hours to make a dress from scratch for someone who isn't model-shaped, that makes it a pain in the ass.

Now if they had 2 days....

#140 | Back to Top02-05-2010 04:13:53 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Everything Raven said = Truth.

God, that red.... emot-gonk. {I liked Jonathan's.  Not the right color, but who cares? }

I mean that red.... they really did look like women covered in tomato soup.  And yeah, no one needed to have their knees exposed. 

But hey, tacky challenge, tacky result.

I also liked Amy's.  In a different color scheme it would look gorgeous.  Sure, flowy has been done before but I loved the top.

#141 | Back to Top02-06-2010 12:52:31 AM

halleftw
Saionji Slapper

I was really happy Amy finally got a win. I've loved everything she's produced since the first week (and she got totally robbed after the burlap challenge) so I'm glad she was finally recognized.

I still don't get why they are not giving them more time for challenges. I understand with last season the filming was rushed due to the whole legal battle, but I figured this time around, they could take a little more time. Certainly the designers would have MUCH better work to show if they actually had some time to work on it.

Jonathan, Jesse, and Jay had the only three dresses that didn't make me want to light myself on fire, and that still didn't mean I LIKED them.

Day = made. Thank you.

#142 | Back to Top02-11-2010 09:06:06 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Ah, this episode was a breath of fresh air.  etc-love  The bottom three looks were the only ones I did not like.  Correct that, Maya's.  It just looked badly done and even if it hadn't, it wasn't a cute or flattering design.

I'm so proud of Anthony, and Ben.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love  The colors on Ben's were so delicious.  I would have taken his over Anthony's, except that Anthony's will look way better on Heidi.  Still, an AMAZING dress.  Emilio's I rather liked with the straps, kthnx, but after last week's episode I am kind of done with red.

Mila is kind of odd.  Heidi is full of herself.  Seriously, I wish the show would cut out a good twenty minutes of the beginning of each episode usually spent on hearing the designers fawn and suck up to whomever the challenge is based on, and instead give that time to have the judges critique each and every outfit.

Can't say much about Anna leaving.  She never really caught my eye.  I didn't hate her, though.

#143 | Back to Top02-12-2010 03:15:11 PM

ShinraiTenchi
Saionji Slapper

I thought the episode was really great too.  I loveeed Jay's, Ben's and Anthony's personally.  Mila's was pretty hideous on the runway but seeing Janeane and Anna in the bottom didn't surprise me.

I love how Jesse dresses though.  He always looks so well put-together at judging, haha.

#144 | Back to Top02-12-2010 07:04:00 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

This is probably the first episode in a while where I guessed the top and bottom 3 correctly! emot-dance

I am so glad Anthony won!!!! It doesn't come with immunity, but HE'S ON THE FUCKING COVER OF MARIE CLAIRE! etc-loveetc-loveetc-love Seriously, that dress was the fucking bizness. I love that he's absorbing the heavy criticism of the first few episodes and actually learning from it.

Emilio's attitude is starting to wear on me, but the dress he made was cute. I always get a huge kick out of when they do the impromptu makeover in the middle of judging. (They do this on ANTM, too.) For all intents and purposes, though, doing that much work to make it cover-worthy means he wasn't going to win.

Loved Ben's dress. I think if the palette was a touch brighter, it would have beaten Anthony's. The teal, while strong, was too dark for a cover. I do see Heidi in it for a less formal red carpet event.  I'm seriously hoping he's this season's darkhorse.(You know, the contestant you constantly forget is still there until about halfway through the season.)

As for everyone else, I'm baffled. So many of them did not pay a lick of attention when the Marie Claire lady said no prints/patterns, no black, and no neutrals. For me, the bottom three wasn't even about the dresses being butt ugly. It was about NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS.

Ok, story time....

When I was in elementary school back in the Middle Ages, we had an in-class assignment about following directions. The teacher would give us the assignment, and say that she had to go to the office for a few minutes.  She'd also tell us the usual stuff, "Stay in your seat, keep your eyes on your own paper, and no talking." We'd start the assignment, and it turns out that it's a list of things that we're supposed to do to complete it. Some of it was simple stuff like "Write a 5 in the top right corner of your worksheet." Then there were odd ones like, "Draw a line through every sentence that starts with 'The'." To top it all off, they throw in extra odd stuff like, "Stand up and clap twice".

When the teacher came back 15-20 minutes later, she'd take up the papers and ask if anybody got out of their seat or talked. Since it was part of the assignment, everyone raised their hands.

We didn't get recess that day because we broke the rules.

The entire scenario was an exercise in following directions, and we didn't follow the directions that the teacher gave us. It was very fucked up.

Ok, story time over.

Mila's dress wasn't ugly, per se. It was just a bad idea, as Nina and Michael pointed out with the crotch arrow. As stated above, what killed me is that there were three dresses were basically Heidi-colored. In a photoshoot, she'd look naked in all three of those. The fact that Mila claims it looked peach to her makes it worse, because it's still flesh-colored! I knew she wasn't going home, though.

I know one of the flesh-toned failures escaped the bottom three, but it was number 4, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, Anna was going home as soon as I saw what she was making. In what universe would Heidi wear that? They were right, it was a very young outfit, and Heidi is on the wrong side of 30 for it.

I do want to say that Seth Aaron's suit was awesome, but not for Heidi. She couldn't pull it off. Too severe.

#145 | Back to Top02-12-2010 07:29:33 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I want the fuck out of Seth Aaron's suit.  Though it may hard to resist the urge to roundhouse kick some serious ass once I get it on. etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Edit:  And Amy's was beautiful, but, alas.  No prints means no prints.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (02-12-2010 07:34:31 PM)

#146 | Back to Top02-12-2010 09:12:52 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I don't have much to comment on except wanting to fawn over the outfits that didn't get in the top three or bottom three. OitL, I agree, that suit was HOT! I would so wear that. And even though I know few people would agree with me, I LOVED that long silver flowy dress.. I just have a thing for flowing faerie-like dresses.. and silver..

I love how Emilo had the scissors ready. etc-love And I liked his dress a lot, but I thought giving the model a side pony-tail was just a bad idea. That and I couldn't understand how he wasn't sick of red after the last challenge.

I'm so proud of Anthony for taking all of that criticism and doing something with it, yet still creating something that was very him. emot-biggrin

#147 | Back to Top02-13-2010 11:45:50 AM

ShinraiTenchi
Saionji Slapper

I agree SleepDebtFairy.  That flowy dress was one of my favourites of the night.  I'm pleased to see that the judges have been eliminating people who should be eliminated (with perhaps the exception of Ping i.m.o).  I felt like there were way too many undeserving saves and unfair eliminations last season because of all of the guest judges and stuff, but there seems to be consistency this season which is great emot-biggrin  My guess is Janeane will go home in the next challenge assuming she keeps up the borderline crappy/boring stuff she has been pulling out the whole time.  I can't stand seeing her cry/freak out for every single challenge either.  It's annoying xD  But, we shall see!

#148 | Back to Top02-18-2010 09:51:58 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Not a bad episode, overall.  Can't say that I was AT ALL surprised when Jeanette went home (and I don't think any of the other designers were, either.)

Amy-   Yeah, I was disappointed -even moreso that she made bottom two.  I mean, yeah, she bit off more than could chew and really just couldn't get the separate elements to work, but those elements themselves were solid - properly executed the petal-pants could have been interesting and the blue sweater was adorable.

Jay- Very cute, was all over the color.  The top for the adult model was so visually interesting.  Couldn't take my eyes off it.  Would have preferred different pants for the little girl, though.  Something slimmer to help add more contrast to the baggy, movement-happy top and scarf.

Emilio- Fine line between cutely simplistic and boring as hell, and I'm leaning towards boring.  What was cute was already tried and true (slim, nurselike dress with poofy, short sleeves) and the little girl's dress was just plain lazy.  I was actually too young...the kind of dress a 2-4 year old wears to church. 

Anthony-  I missed it!  emot-gonk  Someone give me linkage!

Mila-  Little girl's dress = ew.  But I'm not a huge fan of watermelon color schemes, so... 

Jeanette-  Not good by any means, but not as unwearable as the judges made it out to be.  It was just basic. 

Jesse-  Um...is it just me, or does his adult dress look strangely familiar?  And the little girl's I just thought was morbid.  Like she was either a pint-sized serial killer or a midget dressed up as little girl and not too happy about it.

Jonathan-  Why wasn't he in the bottom two?  Just awful.  Awful idea, awful construction, awful color choice, unflattering and even unoriginal to boot!  We've all seen the failed-ruffles outfit.

Seth Aaron-  emot-aaa  The little girl looked like a Squeanix character, which I dig.  I really like how he really focused on what a kid would enjoy, and not so much on being chic -and it worked.  And that jacket...  I just wanted it.  Maybe I'm biased because it's the kind of thing I would wear, but hot damn.

Maya- I don't remember her's.  emot-gonk Perhaps I am still traumatized after the outfit she pumped out last episode.  Was she the one whose adult model had an exposed stomach?  How appropriate.

Also, Micheal Kors needs a new critiquing metaphor.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (02-18-2010 09:52:28 PM)

#149 | Back to Top02-20-2010 08:26:39 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

This is where I go to look at the outfits from previous episodes.

Jeanette-  Not good by any means, but not as unwearable as the judges made it out to be.  It was just basic.

I knew Janeane was going home before the challenge even started. Hell, I knew it last week when she barely survived. Marked for death, pretty much.

Both outfits were uncreative to me, no question. She didn't make anything you couldn't go to the mall and get beforehand.

Amy-   Yeah, I was disappointed -even moreso that she made bottom two.  I mean, yeah, she bit off more than could chew and really just couldn't get the separate elements to work, but those elements themselves were solid - properly executed the petal-pants could have been interesting and the blue sweater was adorable.

I want you to know that I did not know that Amy's adult model was wearing pants until reading recaps the following day. I swear I thought it was a skirt! I think if it was a skirt it would have gone over better, though...because I didn't understand why it was in the bottom three at all when I thought it was a skirt.

Loved how Amy's kid client defended her to Michael Kors. Blew. My. Mind.

And I think Tory Birch needs to retake Color Theory because blue and orange are called COMPLIMENTARY colors. Good grief, it's not like she used red and green.

Jonathan-  Why wasn't he in the bottom two?  Just awful.  Awful idea, awful construction, awful color choice, unflattering and even unoriginal to boot!  We've all seen the failed-ruffles outfit.

His child outfit was fucking fail. Fail. Fail. Fail. I actually liked the adult dress, even if it was impractical and looked like toilet paper.

Jesse-  Um...is it just me, or does his adult dress look strangely familiar?  And the little girl's I just thought was morbid.  Like she was either a pint-sized serial killer or a midget dressed up as little girl and not too happy about it.

emot-rofl That just too funny.

I honestly didn't like his kid's dress at all. The skewed seam gimmick was not cute to me, just weird. I can't get behind it. Loved the coat, but I could have done without the rose.

I think the adult dress looks familiar because it looks like Ben's dress from last week with less colorblocking and the same damn belt. I actually liked it...but not with those shoes.

I liked Jay's outfits, but I'm not a fan of using such dark colors on a small child. It's a weird hangup my mom programmed into my head when I was 11 or 12.

As for Seth Aaron, I fucking loved that jacket! Love it, love it, love it! etc-love etc-love etc-love So glad he won. Everything was just 100% on for me.

Emilio, I think, was just as unoriginal as Janeane. I think what saved him is the more unique details on the adult dress, because that child's dress was an Easter dress from Wal-Mart.

Didn't like Mila's either. Both outfits were okay, but using black and white as the unifying concept was rather stupid on her part. I would rather have seen the dalmatian print used somewhere on the jacket if she was going that route.

Maya- I don't remember her's.   Was she the one whose adult model had an exposed stomach?  How appropriate.

Yeah, that's hers. Did she think it was 1995 or something? We don't do that anymore.

Both of Ben's outfits were safe-looking. (His were the purple ones) Back to the middle of the pack you go, dear.

Anthony's were pink, and the adult model had a ruffled top. It was...okay. I do love how he took a bet to stay quiet for as long as he can. That whole scene was comedy gold. That and Jonathan's Michael Kors impersonation are why I can never give up this show.

#150 | Back to Top03-04-2010 09:09:41 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I'll get more detailed later, but for now...

1. Anthony's dress was cute, if a bit simple.
2. HA HA HA HERSHEY'S KISS. That's why we pay you the big bucks, Michael Kors. emot-rofl
3. Hated everything that was metallic.
4. Liked Mila's but glad she didn't win.

Board footer