This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-03-2012 09:29:36 AM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

Re: Katawa Shoujo: CHECK IT OUT.

Emi - The most... appetizing. It has some of the best written sex scenes. Erotic, but effectively awkward and nicely realistic. It's really strong all around. If I were to adapt any route into a film or a series, I'd choose this one.

Rin - My favourite character. The dialogue and psychology are surprisingly well written. The biggest downside has to be the ridiculous sex scenes. I suspect the person who wrote it only understands sex on a conceptual level. However, the writer does understand depression and an artist's dilemma.

Hanako - While not one of my favourites, this is the fan favourite. It's in many ways the most pandering, very moé. However, it's still well written despite mostly being cliché. You only win Hanako by not acting like "the protector" for her, and she's self aware of people pitying her. It's a wonderful saving grace, but I prefer the above two because of the more complex romances.

Lilly - Safe, comforting, slow. There's nothing actually wrong with this route, the world can always use a simple romance with simple problems. Very sweet.

Shizune - The only path I can call bad. I like the idea of the unrequited love Misha has for Shizune, which should have made this the standout route, but it's poorly executed. Shizune's character lacks definition and too many conflicts are introduced that go nowhere. The only thing that's well-written about ANY of this is the smut. It's shirt-ripping smokey. The rest of it is really terrible.

Last edited by Dazmi (10-03-2012 09:42:30 AM)

Board footer