This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-14-2006 05:59:13 AM

Teatime
Miki Molester

My eternal search AKA does Mikage/Miki exist?

Many many years ago, back when I first got into this show, back when I got really lucky and scored some really bad quality fansubs and watched the whole thing in one sitting, I deemed Mikage my favorite character ever. So, as the teenie bopper that I was at the time (like said... this was quite some time ago, seeing as I can legally drink in two months time) I decided to look up fansites. I found one or two that vaguely mentioned the black rose arc and eventually ran into one or two Mikage shrines. One of which is no longer around and had on the main page a rant from the site maintainer. Said rant was about how she was upset that there was so much Mikage/Miki fiction and that it didn't make sense to her and why wasn't there more Mikage/Mamiya since to her it was practically cannon(I have my own views about this but this isn't the time).

Ok... I wasn't that into the fandom yet, and didn't read much fanfiction, so I took this at face value. Several months later I decided to try and find one of these fics. I mean... hey... They're both interesting characters and smart... so why not? And that's when I found that it doesn't exist. I've searched long and hard for these supposed fics and it's not even so much that I want to find them to read them. I'm just intrigued. Is there some fanfic archive that I haven't found that that web site owner had access too? Were they refering to things written by their IRL friends that never ended up online?

I even at one point came up with a good plot to write one, just so that it would exist. Unfortunatly I'm lazy when it comes to writing so even though I have all the boning I still haven't written it.

Recently I got back into the whole Utena fandom, and decided to check out empty movement for pics for cosplay reference and found this forum with all it's wonderful members and it reminded me of my search. So....

Does anyone know if this pairing actually exists anywhere? Did anyone else see that shrine o' so many moons ago?

#2 | Back to Top12-14-2006 07:02:40 AM

Hina the Prince
Friend, Perhaps

Re: My eternal search AKA does Mikage/Miki exist?

#3 | Back to Top12-14-2006 07:37:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Oh, it does. People really ran with that little meeting they had, where Mikage seemed strangely sexually comfortable (odd pose for someone not Akio to sit in for such a discussion) while Miki was his usual innocent but not oblivious self. Also the whole geniuses thing. That pairing did fall off the face of the earth though, overall...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#4 | Back to Top12-14-2006 07:48:31 AM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Holy crap, Hina linked my fic before I could. emot-gonk

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#5 | Back to Top12-14-2006 07:50:19 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Uh.. Miki x Mikage? emot-gonk I'd never have imagined it, Gio is right, both are genius and blah blah blah but ... hello? ARe you concious of what are you saying? Is like if I wanted to pair Tokiko with Juri o_o yes, if you think it even it might be sexy but fuck, it is necessary to have a huge imagination.

I used to think there should be more Mikage x Mamiya, but after seeing the end in the anime I understood why there's not so much, in the manga anyways the history is pretty different, that's why I used to support it. I don't know, but after seeing the anime I seriously doubt that Mikage can have a decent pairing. In fact, the end is such an incomplete ending, so confusing and it makes me doubt if Mikage really existed or everything was Akio's mental fap, as almost the whole series.

But ņej, i liked that fic of the 30 ways to torture Miki emot-dance

#6 | Back to Top12-14-2006 05:58:10 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Miki was his usual innocent but not oblivious self.

I don't mean to go off topic, but this is related(ish) so...

I thought Miki was pretty oblivious when talking to Mikage. Not that he always is, but he has his blind spots (Anthy and to an extent Kozue.) Do you feel that he declined Mikage's offer because he knew better and was just being diplomatic?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#7 | Back to Top12-15-2006 06:15:03 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

No no, I don't think he declined because he was like OMG NO SEX, I don't even assume he thought Mikage was hitting on him. I just mean that Miki lives surrounded by people considerably more sexual than him, and while he's himself sexually innocent, he's very aware of sex in others.

A truly truly innocent people wouldn't realize when they should blush; Miki does it especially often. I suspect he picked up the LOL SEX CONFIDENCE vibes from Mikage, but I don't know that he thought he was trying to sex him.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#8 | Back to Top01-06-2007 08:17:40 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

#9 | Back to Top01-06-2007 05:45:02 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Fig leaves!

Ah, what Biblical motif can't you slip into SKU?

#10 | Back to Top01-06-2007 06:04:27 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Fig leaves!

The Tower of Babel?  Wait a minute Akio's tower is fricking big as well so thats not an exception.

Sodom and Gomorrah? Now that's a possibility.

#11 | Back to Top01-06-2007 06:51:41 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Mikage's secretary turns into salt offscreen!

Great doodles, Epi_lepsia!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#12 | Back to Top01-06-2007 11:30:43 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Giovanna wrote:

The Virgin Mary.

(Although, FUCK, now that I've said that I want to draw a fanart of a La Pieta-ish Anthy holding Utena. ACK.)

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#13 | Back to Top01-06-2007 11:38:48 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Ivy-chan wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

The Virgin Mary.

(Although, FUCK, now that I've said that I want to draw a fanart of a La Pieta-ish Anthy holding Utena. ACK.)

I would have thought that Wakaba would make a better Virgin Mary but Anthy would make for better irony.

#14 | Back to Top01-07-2007 06:45:19 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

Mikage's secretary turns into salt offscreen!

Great doodles, Epi_lepsia!

Thanks... more coming.... xDDDDDDDD

You know, i was with this proyect, the "how to draw SKU p0rn" but i've got this artist block and i can't continue, i just don't like it....

But here are some sketches, related with this thread...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9706/8dnopiesinspainpl5.th.jpg

#15 | Back to Top01-07-2007 10:29:16 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Epi, please take that out of thumbnail and put an NWS warning on your post, okay? I can get fired for that if I click on it by mistake at work emot-frown

Just a link will do fine. Thanks!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer