This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-13-2006 12:41:27 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

the beautiful people

So, has anyone ever gotten to meet a celebrity or other person you generally idealize (yes, not idolize, as though he is beautiful I do not think he has god like powers) ? Some of you might have seen in a different thread that I won tickets off the radio to go see one of my absolute favorite bands -Dashboard Confessional- for free, and a private meet-and-greet, and an accoustica performance before the show. I love them. I love the way Chris Carrabba writes, I love his adorable short little body with the brooding eyes, and the amazing arms and the sleeves. His arrangement is beautiful, and the sheer amount of raw emotion he pours into his work is amazing, admirable, awe-inspiring.

I GOT A KISS FROM CHRIS FUCKING CARRABBA! AND ALL THE GUYS IN DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL, AND THEY'RE ALL HOT, AND OMG, CHRIS SMELLS SOOOOOOO GOOD, LIKE SEX OR SOMETHING. I JUST WANTED TO TUCK HIM IN MY  POCKET AND RUN AWAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That was my reaction. It was...two days ago, and I'm still smiling at people I hate, I just found out that at work a manager I despise is becoming my direct manager, and I just dropped about 450$ on my car. But you know what? I'm doing it alllllllll with a smile (and a bit of booze does ease the trick).

So, has anyone else had that amazing experience, to meet a celebrity they aodre? And were they awesome, or asshatish? The former I hope. emot-biggrin

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#2 | Back to Top11-14-2006 07:41:20 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: the beautiful people

emot-gonk I've never met any celebrity I liked emot-gonk

Well I did run into Pat Riley at a car show once...I hate sports but he had white hair and a gorgeous suit. etc-wankgirl

I suck at this. emot-gonk I guess gorgeous actors and the like just don't come to Homestead often. (Last year Tony Bourdain was at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and I swear I considered going but decided I didn't need charges of attempted rape on my record.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top11-14-2006 07:59:13 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Oh yes! This reminds me when I first saw Within Temptation. They are so awesome in real life. *___*
My friend, who is a much bigger fan than me, was quite shocked to see them first time in person. They look just like in the photos, that seemed so strange to us xD And we got to give Sharon her birthday present too, which were the WT fancomics I drew (they're not so good). That was in Sweden, about 2 or 3 years ago. etc-love It was lots of fun!

And then next year when my friend went to see them again I couldn't go along, so Ruud, the guitarist of WT, called me. I was so shocked to talk to him.

But anyway, this is probably what you feel on your first time, 'cause in the end all celebrities are just normal people too. Well, most of them anyway.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#4 | Back to Top11-14-2006 12:54:45 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Never met any celebrity, though Yoshitoshi ABe once once sat exactly four feet away from me. Does that count? emot-rolleyes

My sister has friends who are usually arranging the gigs of the few J-Rock bands who choose to come to Finland. I believe they're currently bringing about Despair's Ray's gig. She's at least had the chance to meet various J-Rockers through her friends...

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#5 | Back to Top11-14-2006 01:36:49 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

emot-gonk (Last year Tony Bourdain was at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and I swear I considered going but decided I didn't need charges of attempted rape on my record.)

Tony Bourdain...ooh. etc-wankgirl If he ever comes back, let me know. I'll head down there and we can rape him together.

Last edited by morosemocha (11-14-2006 01:37:24 PM)

#6 | Back to Top11-14-2006 03:06:37 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Lightice wrote:

Never met any celebrity, though Yoshitoshi ABe once once sat exactly four feet away from me. Does that count? emot-rolleyes

I envy you. emot-smile

I once rode a hotel elevator/lift with Rick Wakeman after one of his concerts.  After having already gotten a picture and autograph after the show.  We were staying at the same hotel.  (If anyone else here knows who that is bonus points to you. I'm showing my age a little, and I'm not that old!  He plays keyboards for the band Yes, though that may not help either. emot-biggrin )

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (11-14-2006 03:09:58 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#7 | Back to Top11-15-2006 04:23:14 PM

Soup Goblin
New Student
Website

I've met Neil Gaiman, my favorite author, exactly two times at different book signings. Even though he's really personable and a very nice guy, I was far too flustered/embarrased to make conversation with him (even after waiting in line to meet him for 3+ hours). I just kind of stuttered a little, and then stammered out my name when he asked me. But I DID get his painfully scrunched, messy, signature in my books! And since I had my 12 yr old brother with me, Neil also doodled a badass picture of a wolf in my little brother's book. BECAUSE HE ROCKS LIKE THAT. Good times!

#8 | Back to Top11-15-2006 05:11:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

morosemocha wrote:

Tony Bourdain...ooh. etc-wankgirl If he ever comes back, let me know. I'll head down there and we can rape him together.

Jesus. Are you like a cuter Orlandoian version of me or what???

He's listed as one of the 'personalities' involved in the festival this year, but there's no mention of what he's doing. Last year he was master chef for a special dinner and tasting, if he's doing it this year, well we're just going to have to rape the poor guy, huh?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#9 | Back to Top11-15-2006 07:17:24 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

I met the band Stabbing Westward several years ago. I got a can of Dew from the drummer. XD

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#10 | Back to Top11-15-2006 11:03:32 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

He's listed as one of the 'personalities' involved in the festival this year, but there's no mention of what he's doing. Last year he was master chef for a special dinner and tasting, if he's doing it this year, well we're just going to have to rape the poor guy, huh?

OOOOOOOOOH. YUUUUUUUUUUUUS. My precioooooooous... oh, wait, my bad...

Hell's yeah! I can't find anything about dates tho. Did it come and go already and I missed it? emot-gonk Did I miss Tony-Don't-Eat-Fish-On-Mondays-But-Go-Ahead-and-Eat-Week-Old-Baby-Cow-Face-Bourdain? I cry.

Soup Goblin wrote:

BRAG MET NEIL GAIMAN BRAG

So. Jealous. emot-mad

Just so you know that.

#11 | Back to Top11-15-2006 11:35:58 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Last year it was in March, this year they're going for late February. If Bourdain's coming, you and I have a date. And by date, I mean we're going to tie a loudmouth culinary romantic of a New Yorker to a bed and thoroughly have our way with him. etc-wankgirl

That said, it might be a foursome if I can afford to drag Yasha down. etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

I seriously love that man. He has the most adorable passion for food, and his show on the Travel channel shows us what real travelling is like, sans fanny pack and double-stacker bus. etc-love

#12 | Back to Top11-16-2006 12:00:06 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

Last year it was in March, this year they're going for late February. If Bourdain's coming, you and I have a date. And by date, I mean we're going to tie a loudmouth culinary romantic of a New Yorker to a bed and thoroughly have our way with him. etc-wankgirl

That said, it might be a foursome if I can afford to drag Yasha down. etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

I seriously love that man. He has the most adorable passion for food, and his show on the Travel channel shows us what real travelling is like, sans fanny pack and double-stacker bus. etc-love

...This might be IFD territory, but I just came in my new lace panties. emot-frown Oh well.

It was worth it. emot-biggrin

#13 | Back to Top11-16-2006 07:37:42 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

It's official. I'm keeping tabs on the Festival. We may have to blow 150bux a head to eat Bourdain's cooking. etc-wankgirl

#14 | Back to Top11-16-2006 07:43:11 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

It's official. I'm keeping tabs on the Festival. We may have to blow 150bux a head to eat Bourdain's cooking. etc-wankgirl

Holy shit! He better cook naked for that! etc-wankgirl My only complication is that I have to be in Seattle for the bf's birthday, and that's feb 13th. We haven't settled dates yet, but it looks like I'm leaving here about the 11th, and coming back about the 15th. I wonder if it would be easier to fly into Miami -there's an airport there, right? Hopefully the festival is not mid-feb.

#15 | Back to Top11-16-2006 08:05:37 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Late February. You'd be go for launch.

The question at this point is whether I'll be able to walk at the time. emot-frown I'm kinda waiting on my health insurance to kick in so I can get gutted like a fish.

#16 | Back to Top11-16-2006 08:14:24 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

Late February. You'd be go for launch.

The question at this point is whether I'll be able to walk at the time. emot-frown I'm kinda waiting on my health insurance to kick in so I can get gutted like a fish.

I can swipe a wheelchair from Disney and push you around ike the royalty you so totally are. I can even get ya' a tiara. Maybe Tony would have pity on your for your gimpiness, and take you to bed for some sexual healing.

emot-biggrin

#17 | Back to Top11-19-2006 05:28:12 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I'm gonna count it! I have touched the hand of someone who touched Madonna's hand!!!   emot-dance

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#18 | Back to Top11-19-2006 11:45:21 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Frosty wrote:

I'm gonna count it! I have touched the hand of someone who touched Madonna's hand!!!   emot-dance

And just think about all the thing's Madonna's hand has touched, that you have also passivly received!

On second thought, maybe not so much.

#19 | Back to Top11-20-2006 06:33:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

morosemocha wrote:

And just think about all the thing's Madonna's hand has touched, that you have also passivly received!

Received what? Herpes? emot-frown

#20 | Back to Top11-20-2006 10:53:22 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

...the closest I got to a celebrity was when I met myself. d: Just kidding. Alex Kapranos (lead singer of Franz Ferdinand) touched my hand. No big deal, but it counts.

#21 | Back to Top11-20-2006 11:08:46 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Frosty wrote:

This made me think of the folks who used to say, "Shake the hand that shook the hand of the great John L.!"  (referring to John L. Sullivan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_L._Sullivan)

William Shatner's horse has frothed on me.  Does that count?

#22 | Back to Top11-20-2006 03:18:22 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I have been going to a number of schools over the years and I knew of a number of kids who had the same name as famous people like George Bush, James (Jim) Bean, Elizabeth Taylor and Patrick Stewart. Does that count?

#23 | Back to Top11-21-2006 10:58:05 AM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

I met Jacqueline Carey at Dragon*Con.  I love her writing so much! *wiggles* It was a great experience for me--and she was so accessible.  Not snobby or standoffish at all.  Unlike some other authors I wanted to meet in my misguided teenage years...*cough*Mercedes Lackey*cough*

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (11-21-2006 11:00:14 AM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#24 | Back to Top11-21-2006 03:38:33 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I have never met anyone famous. But I will tell you, I am DYING to meet Billy Corgan. I have such a huge rockstar crush on him it's not funny, and to me he's the definition of sex appeal. I know the band is kind of older news (even though they are making a new album currently), but he's...Billy Corgan. He's hot all by himself. I have made this solumn vow not to go to a big deal school dance unless it's with him; and I've never been to a big school dance. I probably will never meet him, but I can dream, you know? etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#25 | Back to Top11-23-2006 10:35:23 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I totally stood behind Alice Cooper in the ticket line at the airport. He had golf clubs. cool

I didn't meet him, though, cause he looked grumpy and I figured I wouldn't be a pestering fan... and I'm not that big a fan anyway.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer