This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-19-2006 09:09:45 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Re: Which character would you prefer to appear on your desktop wallpaper?

I had this elaborate and symbolic explanation for that baby!Utena picture, and this is mostly because in the aftermath of that anime, I became obsessed with finding every single metaphor and symbolic nuance in that whole damn anime and in every piece of its art. This is Utena, where a cigar is not just a cigar, but simultaneously a cylindrical narcotic, a phallic symbol, a motif of adulthood and maturity, and a complicated statement on the apocolypse aka adolescence.

So, although it's off-topic: I saw it as Touga and Saionji attempting to embrace each other *through* the hovering image of that child Utena, who is  always present between them, haunting their current relationship. Note she's wearing the outfit she wore in the coffin- that occurence was apparently the turning point, where their friendship slowly eroded. It can also be seen as them clinging to the memory at the same time.

Tangent aside, I'd like Juri and Miki in any pose.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#27 | Back to Top10-20-2006 12:37:39 PM

.deep.blue.
Miki Molester

For me, it would either be Utena, Himemiya, Touga, Mikage or Juri emot-aaa

The first wallpaper that I made and submitted to this site was this: http://www.ohtori.nu/multimedia/desktop … risedM.jpg

I think it was okay for a first shot.. lawl. Even my display pic here (Rockman X) is another one of mine that I made on the fly.

Maybe later on I'll make wallpaper out of Touga or Himemiya.

Last edited by .deep.blue. (10-20-2006 12:38:10 PM)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/_deep_blue_/Astarot/asatarotsig.gif

emot-keke

#28 | Back to Top10-20-2006 12:45:38 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

.deep.blue. wrote:

The first wallpaper that I made and submitted to this site was this: http://www.ohtori.nu/multimedia/desktop … risedM.jpg

I think it was okay for a first shot.. lawl. Even my display pic here (Rockman X) is another one of mine that I made on the fly.

Maybe later on I'll make wallpaper out of Touga or Himemiya.

Oh wow, that was you? I really liked the textures in that one, although I have to say I'm not a fan of browns... If you even do a Touga wallpaper, hook me up!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#29 | Back to Top10-20-2006 06:05:42 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

There needs to be more Wakaba walls. And Chu-chu walls, too.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#30 | Back to Top10-20-2006 07:02:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wakaba is hard. emot-frown

Not many pictures of her that are wallpaper-quality. Granted I haven't made a wallpaper since the stone age, I don't think I was nearly as good at it as a lot of our contributors. Some of the stuff up there makes me so n00b. That's alright though because I kick ass at winamp skins.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#31 | Back to Top10-20-2006 08:33:45 PM

.deep.blue.
Miki Molester

Yasha wrote:

Oh wow, that was you? I really liked the textures in that one, although I have to say I'm not a fan of browns... If you even do a Touga wallpaper, hook me up!

Lol, thanks for liking my hand-made textures xD

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/_deep_blue_/Astarot/asatarotsig.gif

emot-keke

#32 | Back to Top10-23-2006 11:00:41 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Razara wrote:

Now my desktop is one that I found off of this website, which has Juri and Shiori on it. (I was so happy to finally see a desktop where Shiori has clothes on. None of the others do.) Except, well, I may have edited out the french and quoted Yasha's comment... (To whoever made it, I'm sorry for editing your work.)

emot-danceemot-danceemot-dance That was a wallpaper of mine! emot-biggrin I'm glad to know about someone who uses it. etc-love Now I don't think it was a really good wallpaper (I would change a few minor things), but it was the first I truly liked emot-keke
You can edit it, of course (not that I was going to kill somebody for that). What quote of Yasha have you put on it, by the way?
Besides, I wouldn't mind emailing you with the Photoshop file for your practice, if you need it emot-smile.

onsenmark wrote:

There needs to be more Wakaba walls. And Chu-chu walls, too.

I agree. We need more funny wallpapers! (like "Kill Chu-Chu", which is just brilliant!)

Board footer