This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-05-2007 10:25:32 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Re: New Years Traditions

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Eso pasa por culpa de la conquista, las tradiciones se mezclan 8D

Eso y 300 años de colonia, bueno siempre tendremos el chocolate... momento la leche se trajo de Europa... diablos... ¿los tacos? las vacas las trajeron de Europa argghhhh!!!

This year, in the centre of the city, we were eating the grapes and there were some accidents, specially with the foreinger people, a japanese girl suffocated with the grapes û_u..

XD oh god, at least they should chew them before swallow them XD mmm made me remember when I almost sufocated with a "Hall's" tablet when I was in sixth grade... it wasn't a funny experience emot-gonk

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#27 | Back to Top01-05-2007 11:03:38 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Usually me and my parents watch all of the Batman movies together. This year, however, we went to a party at this hippy bookstore and I played a lot of DDR and caught the flu from one of their friends. Yay! (Then I promptly celebrated getting better by scratching my cornea trying to take out a contact that wasn't there. So far this year's really been pissing me off.)

#28 | Back to Top01-06-2007 12:04:39 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I wasn't really sick, mostly just tired. But a lot of people were sick.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#29 | Back to Top01-06-2007 08:24:34 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Romanticide wrote:

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Eso pasa por culpa de la conquista, las tradiciones se mezclan 8D

Eso y 300 años de colonia, bueno siempre tendremos el chocolate... momento la leche se trajo de Europa... diablos... ¿los tacos? las vacas las trajeron de Europa argghhhh!!!

Bueno xD la "paella" está hecha con arroz y es de asia, la "tortilla de patata" (famosisima española) está hecha con patatas xD y las papas son de américa...
en España en ese entonces sólo habían habas, habas y más horrendas habas.

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Are you eating fresh grapes or dried grapes? Perhaps you can use dried grapes next year for a change.

Normal grapes ô_o that's the tradition, it's hard to eat all the up but if you get it, your "wishes will become true".

#30 | Back to Top01-06-2007 10:28:02 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Especially if your wishes are to choke on a grape. emot-gonk

Speaking of that, do you guys have new years incidents similar to Japanese mochi deaths? Cramming grapes in your mouth just seems ripe for it.

Last edited by Hinotori (01-06-2007 10:28:11 AM)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

Board footer