This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-02-2008 05:35:03 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Roses, Ashes, Snow White

The power was gone and yet it was not. I looked up at the very real stars rather than the projector... many things cannot be predicted and the fact she is gone is readily apparent of this fact. Ghosts haunt this place. I know because I brought them here while they were alive. Each catch a sword and yet more and more come and  their hands are full. Only the fair sleeper Kanae has yet to die, though it won't be long. I wandered to the library found a pile of books some silly girls had left there and a page caught my eye. It was hand-written and the person who wrote it would most likely come back for it.

Of all the land, none were so fair as she
'til adolescence did Snow White finally see
A thorn in the Queen's unflinching eye

What Providence. The Sleeper... my very own Snow White-but what of a Rose Red? Would she come? Or not?

I carried her to the Duelling Arena. Now torn asunder, the arena would be rebuilt... all from the power of those who come... strange ones, not like the rest of the Duellists... those who were Witches, they would want to become Princesses... and perhaps a Prince or more... they won't go far. I know this much. There was only one Utena and the rules are not the same.

As the swords leave me, I smile. Not the same indeed.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Board footer