This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-22-2017 11:47:15 AM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

Adolescence Rush CD

I am wondering... if I buy the Adolescence Rush CD from Rightstuf or U.S. Amazon, will it come with an insert booklet with lyrics in English? I really want to support releases like that so that there can be more. I treasure my Angel Creation Namely Light CD with its translated insert booklet.

#2 | Back to Top01-23-2017 09:52:51 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Re: Adolescence Rush CD

I had to check mine to be sure... Yes, it does have an insert booklet with English lyrics.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#3 | Back to Top01-24-2017 08:39:04 AM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

Nice, thanks! I'll buy it, then. I'd like to have another reference for the lyrics to those movie duel songs, not to mention the extended Toki ni Ai Wa, & I really want to support these releases of CDs with English lyrics bc I really want there to be more.

#4 | Back to Top02-15-2017 07:25:37 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Gah I have all that scanned and just haven't finished sorting through it. emot-frown I can post the raws if you want, though! emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top02-16-2017 11:29:05 AM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

Thanks, but I can find the original Japanese lyrics online; I'm intending to buy the U.S. release which would have the lyrics already translated. I know the songs have all been translated, but I like having as many versions as I can find to cross-reference.

#6 | Back to Top02-16-2017 04:19:03 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

No, I mean those. emot-smile I've been making files that compare the translations done officially on these to known fan translations side by side. I finished the first CD but this one's a far way down, since it's the last. But just to show I'm not the laziest person ever, here's a dump of the raws, with images inverted to make the text remotely legible. Someone thought white on pink was a good idea. emot-mad

http://imgur.com/a/i78Xu

It's totally worth hunting down, and if you're patient you can get it pretty cheap. I had a lot of luck on Amazon.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer