This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#501 | Back to Top07-02-2010 06:04:27 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: Dreams

Razara wrote:

I dreamt that Touga tested positive for some sort of terminal sexually transmitted disease, but it wasn't AIDS.

Sadly, I've had no luck finding video, but this SNL transcript pretty much sums it up!  Just replace "James Bond" with "Kiryuu Touga."  emot-biggrin

#502 | Back to Top07-15-2010 03:31:39 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

So I just woke up from the first dream I thought was worth remembering in a long while... this was part of it.

Juri and Ruka were dueling, Unarmed. No... they were just fighting. No roses involved, I think. They were in a parking lot/garage, and there were cars leaving... rich people were taking off in droves, and there were servants leaving on motorcycles too, as though some gigantic social event had just ended. The fight was a skilled one, they used some form of martial arts, like in a movie... Ruka set up something, landed a blow as the result of a sequence of parries like a skilled chess player setting up a capture, and Juri could only recoil, forcing distance between them to recover. Ruka hadn't expected that, he thought her two choices after the blow were... I forget exactly, but neither of the things he expected Juri to do were good. I wasn't thinking about that in the dream, I was focused on Juri because I wanted her to win. Now I realize he was thinking in advance. I could tell, even though I wasn't thinking about it... Chess players are just devious like that. When she started towards Ruka again, suddenly he was so far away... she dodged moving cars like they were nothing, hurried to pursue him... but I woke up before they met again.

Yay! My first Utena dream! emot-dance

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#503 | Back to Top07-15-2010 09:25:51 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Congratulations on your first SKU dream! poptart

satyreyes wrote:

Razara wrote:

I dreamt that Touga tested positive for some sort of terminal sexually transmitted disease, but it wasn't AIDS.

Sadly, I've had no luck finding video, but this SNL transcript pretty much sums it up!  Just replace "James Bond" with "Kiryuu Touga."  emot-biggrin

The names Kiryuu. Touga Kiryuu. cool (Wait, there's already a fic about that with Utena.)

I keep dreaming that my chickens die. It's a very depressing nightmare to have so often, because I love my chickens. emot-frown

#504 | Back to Top07-24-2010 12:58:38 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Aww. *hugs Razara* That sounds scary. I dreamt a strange version of Beauty and the Beast last night. She was only three inches tall and they rode Big Wheels around the Beast's castle for fun.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#505 | Back to Top10-01-2010 09:58:38 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

In my dream last night, I was on a plane between Missouri and Indiana run by some podunk airline I'd never heard of.  The pilot was an enigmatic figure who I never saw, but also on board the plane was a rival pilot who looked kind of like M. Bison.  The M. Bison pilot was trying to bring the plane down, so we kept having to make emergency landings.  I would keep seeing him out of the corner of my eye, and a friend and I would chase after him into the bowels of the plane, like an elaborate series of airlocks and a set of wooden rafters (?!).  Because he set up cunning puzzles to close off the path he'd taken through the plane, we never got close enough to stop him, but fortunately, the real pilot must've been some kind of enormous badass to keep making these landings -- over forests, even -- and foiling his rival.  I don't remember how the flight ended, except that it involved a reaffirmation of friendship between myself and the person I was flying with, who I don't think I even know in real life.  Best dream in months.  emot-tongue

#506 | Back to Top10-05-2010 08:28:27 PM

Saio
Ballgoer

In my dream today I was a jedi ( at. "Star Wars" ).
It was the full-complete-story edition dream.
I can't remember details , but there was lightsaber fights, Dark Side temptation and Love.

Wish to dream about Ohtory Academy today etc-saiowank

http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/1101/bd/e015af0a91a1.png

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!

#507 | Back to Top10-22-2010 11:00:36 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I forgot to take my pills -- it's strange how often that happens recently -- and as usual, that meant I remembered my dreams.  And what dreams!  I dreamt I was flying, for the first time in ages... I dreamt I had a girlfriend... I dreamt I piloted a starship... and I dreamt I found some leftover pizza in my fridge and didn't have to cook.  Such wonderful dreams.  Maybe I should forget my pills more often.  emot-smile

#508 | Back to Top10-25-2010 07:49:22 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

This weekend I dreamed that all my molars broke off and shattered into tiny pieces in my mouth. When I looked in the mirror, my front teeth were covered in blood and there were tooth shards stuck to my lips. It felt (and sounded) like I had a mouthful of tiny pieces of glass.

I had to call Gio at four in the morning and talk for half an hour before I could calm down enough to sleep emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#509 | Back to Top10-25-2010 08:56:19 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I dreamed a few nights ago that a entity that was nothing more than a presence in a room or a thought in people's minds came to Earth and made all the people on it an offer -to give one person the ability to change the world in whatever way, fantastic or mundane, they see fit simply by imagining it.  The only condition is that this power would be given to a person whose identity it would not reveal to us; the most wretched, abused, hurt, unloved and damaged person in the world.  I remember calling my mother and asking her what she thought, and she feared this person wouldn't believe in or would hate God and would wish Him away, my older sister feared it would be a child who would turn the world into plastic Indiana Jones toys, and television broadcasts feared this person wouldn't have the necessary mental faculties -someone brain damaged or other wise invalid- and the world would either warp into nothingness or freeze in time.    A part of me thought that at the very least the world owed whoever that unfortunate person was one thing, and I guess a part of me was enough to count, and in the end it was decided that that one person would receive that power, but nothing happened (I looked outside and saw rain and houses and individual blades of grass, and I figured someone new to such a power wouldn't have the skills to give an entirely new world such detail). 

Then I was older, around my mid forties, and about to have a child whose father hated me because the world hadn't changed like we had hoped it would when we accepted the offer, and I was so repulsed by the thought of having a child inside me it made me physically ill and terrified.  I didn't want it, it was turning parts of my body yellow and old, decaying, and my family left me to have it alone because I was pregnant out of wedlock.  I hated that child so much, I was so disgusted by it and myself that it was driving me insane.  I lost my job and dropped out of school, and ended up homeless before moving back home to Houston, where I hid in the patch of pine trees in the field across from my parent's house because there was water and field mice nearby.  I was cold and afraid of coyotes in the woods beyond and of being caught by the Jones family who owned the field and owned guns, and I blamed all of it on my pregnancy.   I realized then, because I was so damn desperate and there was something so wrong with how much loathing I felt, that the person who was going to be given that amazing power, who would be the most abused, wretched and unloved human being was going to be my unborn child, and knowing that only made me hate the child more.

I feel like the dreamed changed into something else after that, something involving stealing my old car but I can't remember the rest.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (10-25-2010 08:56:46 PM)

#510 | Back to Top01-19-2011 06:23:55 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

A long while back I had another dream, though I'm tempted more to call it a mix of medication imbalance and sleep paralysis, since it was enough to flat-fucking terrify me for the rest of the day and the night. It was a movement in three parts, and appeared to tap into my primal element of fear while I was half-asleep in bed during the morning. It took place in about August or September of 2010, but beyond that I don't remember the date.

The first movement involved an amalgam of two separate locations, a Wal-Mart and my old house in San Diego. There was a Wal-Mart located in the rest of the house with the entrance being right near the kitchen (said entrance was the entrance to the auto center, and the electronics section wasn't too far beyond). Somebody, who might have been representing me, was browsing video games and eventually the toy section, which seamlessly blended into the electronics section. There were two children, one female and one male. The girl was about thirteen or fourteen, while the boy was about ten or eleven; both children kept to themselves while their parents shopped. There was also a cat, a red tabby, and after a while the two children and the cat just came unhinged. They tore through the crowds, literally ripping people apart with their bare hands and messily consuming the remnants. They didn't appear to have any reason behind it, save perhaps abject boredom.

The second movement was a variation of the original Sims games. A house was well-furnished and it was apparent that the family had invested everything they had to make it look nice. The only problem is that there was a missing outer wall, where the lot clipped with the edge of the playing field. A thief managed to, in a brilliant display of metagaming and fourth-wall shattering, walk into the house by walking off the playing field and turning into the house where the wall didn't exist. He proceeded to rob the entire family blind, and escaped with ample time to spare before the police arrived. When the officer arrived, she didn't attempt to hunt down the crook but instead chastised the family for not having the basic sense to install a wall where they couldn't even do so.

The third movement involved a peaceful scenic route setting on a freeway, very similar to what I remember the Highway 163 looking like as one gets closer and closer to downtown San Diego. Very back-to-nature and appearing as if sparsely populated, there was a light amount of traffic on the roads. The focus of the movement was a man in a car, alone, driving somewhere important. I recall that he was driving to work, and I believe he was another representation of myself. During the entire drive sequence, there was a voice, a very stereotypical Jamaican voodoo priest/Rastafarian man who insisted that the driver turn onto a different road for some unknown purpose. THere was no explanation given as to where the road led or why the voice insisted on taking it, but there was the suggestion of glory and fame which lay down the detour and the unspoken threat of pain and destruction for those who were foolish enough to listen to the voice. I don't recall if the driver actually listened, as I finally came to complete consciousness very shortly before the decision needed to be made.

This was several months ago, and I'd just come back from Phoenix, AZ for a complete medication change. My medications have since been changed a couple times and I'm now off of one of the medications I'd been assigned while inpatient. I've since had one or two dreams involving friends and video games, but I don't feel that they should be told here because of a matter of conflict of interest.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#511 | Back to Top02-04-2011 11:05:23 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

My dreams never compare to epics like OITL's and Bio's emot-smile  I dreamed last night that I was visiting a girl I know in her apartment (which, naturally, doesn't actually exist as far as I know), and I saw that she had a copy of the Enigma on her desk.  The Enigma, which does actually exist, is the newsletter of the National Puzzlers' League, an obscure wordsmithing organization that virtually no one has heard of except me.  Since only maybe a few hundred people in the world have Enigmas on their desks, I felt this instantaneous bond with my friend, and we had a long, tight hug.

I like remembering good dreams, and I like dreaming about friends.  etc-love

#512 | Back to Top02-04-2011 07:10:34 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

I've had dreams since I can remember about having a beard or a moustache or just growing loads of body hair. I put my hand up to my face and all of a sudden there's stubble everywhere. Seriously, ever since I was a small child up to now. I can't remember dreaming about actually being a bloke much though.
  Always been confused by it, mind.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#513 | Back to Top02-13-2011 06:48:29 PM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

i've had dreams about a boy i've liked since 4th grade (12 grade, currently, we stopped going to school together in 8th) and in 8th grade, he came out of the closet xDD but anyways, we kinda had a falling out, we barely poke after 8th, but finally last year he really upset me, my art was in a gallery and he promised to show but never did, and i finally stopped talking to him for what i think was for good. anyways, in december i had a series of 2 dreams, which were basically the same, it was him coming up and saying "im so happy we can be friends again". in the dreams, my highschool class would take a field trip to my old school, and he would be there too for some reason. so, about a week ago, after not talking for whats going on a year, he adds me on facebook. and he talks to me.

(i know this whole thing isnt  a dream, but it has to do with the dream.... kinda xDD lol)

#514 | Back to Top03-04-2011 01:45:27 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I already told satyr this, but last night I dreamt that IRG was a pirate crew.  Gio was our captain and she was dressed up like Will Turner from Pirates of The Carribean. Yasha,  satyr, dollface, Frosty, and BlackRoseVixen were there too and we were literally sailing through the streets of Houston. We left a trail of awesome mayhem behind us and the real Will showed up just before I woke up.

#515 | Back to Top03-05-2011 12:36:08 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Arr.  That is what I be callin' a scurvy crew to go plunderin' with.  In the best possible sense o' the word, o' course.  http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/imagesqtbnANd9GcTPHI6_25dJirbtkMCe8-9N4f-Z_DemYkmNL55uRwUMKO0Mu_O1tgt1.jpg

#516 | Back to Top03-26-2011 08:19:25 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Three feather-light kisses through (of all things) a hole in a locker.  It was the culmination of a whole set of dreams last night: having a heart-to-heart with a girl I'd never met at a party and promising to meet again; meeting her again by accident at a hospital while both of us were being wrongly chased by a "field marshal" (what my subconscious evidently calls a Rent-a-Cop) for wandering out of bounds, and making a date to meet again; and then meeting her on schedule near the aforementioned locker, which had all these slidey bits with interesting erotic possibilities.  It has been a while since I got to first base in a dream; I'm glad I haven't forgotten how! emot-smile

And just to sweeten the pot -- since I love all dreams, even nightmares -- these dreams were preceded by a survival-horror adventure.  A whole crowd of people was piling into a three-story building for an event that was, incongruously, called Burning Man.  I was one of the first to get up to the third story.  Early arrivals were supposed to throw balls of duct tape through the broken-out window at people still on the ground outside, so I did, and it was fun until one of my balls unraveled in midair and hit the last person on the ground full across the eyes.  She stumbled, fell down, and hit her head.  I ran through the crowd to get down there and help, but when I arrived, her body was gone -- dragged under a slightly open garage door -- and the whole complex was deathly quiet.  I knew before I even went back into the building that the crowd was gone, and they were.  I don't remember what happened next, but I was scared enough that I actually woke up with a short scream.  etc-love

#517 | Back to Top07-23-2011 05:01:32 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I had a bizzare Ruka/Juri dream last night. He, she, and I were visiting my elementary school and Juri had a premonition that there would be several stampedes of dinosaurs there. The only way to save ourselves was to build skyscrapers inside of the school and hide behind them. Ruka was the only one who could construct them. He did it in ten minutes and they fell in love somewhere along the way.

#518 | Back to Top08-11-2011 06:45:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I had a weird dream last night. Might've been technically this morning. On a scale of 1-10, I think it pinged about a 17 on the Weird Shit-O-Meter.

Okay. It was a Castlevania dream. I normally don't have dreams relating to that particular franchise. Or any franchise, really. But meh. First boss fight (the first part I remember clearly) was a fight with a Cerberus on a field of bluish-green frost crystals with a white aura below (suggesting it was really high up) and the Northern Lights above. The crystals looked like...well, if you know what the Giant's Causeway and other such volcanic formations look like, you have an excellent idea of what the battlefield looked like. I think I fell once and managed to claw my way back up to finish the deed.

Yes, through this whole thing I did indeed have a whip, but I have absolutely no clue if it was the Vampire Killer. I don't think it was because I was trying to convince myself it wasn't. After all, I am no Belmont and only a Belmont can handle the Vampire Killer without harm. (For those who don't follow the series intensely, it can do things like drain your life force or prevent you from healing any wounds you may sustain.)

And then this mysterious waif shows up and talks to me and asks me why I'm doing this when I have no real reason to. Apparently my brother tried to stop Dracula and got captured after a quick but epic fail. I was trying to save him and finish the job he started. Already it sounds like one of the newer titles. emot-tongue

So I make it into the Grand Hallway, and it looks exactly like it did in the terrible terrible port of Rondo of Blood for the SNES. (I've played both games. The port does indeed blow goats left and right.) For some unexplained reason, my dad is with me and helping out to the best of his ability. We make it to the second floor, which looks much more normal, and hunker down in one of the bigger guest rooms. My dad proceeds to attempt to build a bomb to assist me.

I go out and explore a bit and run into another mysterious waif (or the same one from the first fight; I wasn't and still am not certain about this one). Again with the exposition and now we get a cutscene about my brother's ill-fated attempt to show the bloodsucker that man is not a miserable little pile of secrets (or, if you have my experience, a cesspit of hatred and lies). Apparently he did pretty well with his chosen weapon, which I believe was a sword but could've been his own whip. And then Dracula apparently goes One-Winged Angel on my brother and pwns him pretty damn fast.

And then Bio was awake.

I seriously have no idea where this dream came from. I haven't touched a Castlevania game in months. emot-confused

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#519 | Back to Top08-12-2011 08:02:45 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Couple nights ago, I dreamt up this weird showtune. Wrote down the notes (in forms of numbers) first thing waking up in the morning.

After letting my friend listen to the notes, she pointed out that it's actually bearing an uncanny similarity to "America the Beautiful". I'd be lying if I said I never heard the song before, but I definitely have not ever thought about this song. Ever.

Strange things subconscious carries.

#520 | Back to Top01-23-2012 01:16:11 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

I had a dream where Alec Baldwin was cast as Harry Potter.

Bizarrely, most of the time I have horrific dreams I am divorced from the action: a spectator, watching the events as though viewing a movie.

#521 | Back to Top02-03-2012 05:07:47 PM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

My little brother in this dream was around 9 years old, and I was 13, about 5 years younger than my IRL age. It was the middle of winter. I wanted to go on a quest to find ultimate knowledge and somehow I knew I had to get rid of him. Choosing not to, I told him to get on a sled with me, saying that Mom and Dad were gone now and that we had to go. We tried to sled across the plains towards ultimate knowledge, but his extra weight slowed us down so that we could not climb over hills easily. Throughout the trip, I felt an unknowable presence following me from behind which approached steadily closer because of our slow progress; I woke up when it caught me.

About 3 months later, I had a waking moment in which I could make a choice to go forward and be a purely rational being, or I could remain the way I was. I chose the latter. A strange correlation. If I were to return to that moment, I would choose differently.

Another one:

I was in a small Cessna plane sitting in the back seat. For some reason, this plane had a window on the back like on a car. I flew out the back because I didn't have my seat belt on, and the pilot looped back around so that I could fall into the plane from behind.

#522 | Back to Top02-15-2012 09:46:26 AM

wblstudios
Banned

On 2/14/2011, I was taking a nap at about 6 in the evening before dinner, because I'm broke, unemployed and depressed, so I have that kind of time.

I dreamt I was in Las Vegas.  I was being accompanied by a black guy who looked like the guy from "Don't Copy That Floppy", leather jacket and all, and he was showing me around various strange casinos, pointing out all the differences and places to go.  After a while, the DCTF guy leaves, and I'm accompanied by my associate Josef.  I'm showing him all the things the DCTF guy showed me.  But eventually, we get to the lobby of this one casino, that has heavy Middle Eastern influences.

All of a sudden, Josef is gone, and I'm looking at this woman kneeling in front of one of the fountains in the lobby.  She's very tall, she's as tall kneeling at the fountain as I am standing up, including extremely long legs, and I'm rather tall as it is.  She's wearing what looks like a tube top and thong made up of gauze, as if she was some kind of kickboxer, and a sleeveless, open red robe/vest.  She's somewhat flat-chested, but very ripped and defined, and somewhat buff to boot.  Long black hair in a ponytail as well, and has intricate tattoos all over her back and the backs of her arms and legs.  She's taking a drink from the fountain in the lobby, telling me that surprisingly, it's clean.

I'm in shock at this point, and I need my camera.  I reach into my pockets, and I don't feel it.  Josef appears at my side again, and I'm furious, because I know he lost the camera (Josef, if you're reading this, this was a dream, don't get pissy).  The ripped kickboxer lady tells me not to worry, but I need to get a picture of her, so I'm forced to follow Josef as he backtracks through all the casinos I've been through earlier.  We end up in a tiki-lounge-themed casino, where a bunch of old people are asking us to have a drink.  By now I'm convinced the kickboxer babe is gone, so I'm getting desperate, and I forget about looking for the old camera, and try to buy a new camera from the casino.

Then I wake up, and I'm back to my... life.

#523 | Back to Top02-17-2012 11:43:55 PM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

Last night I had a dream I went with my sister to her girlfriend's house at midnight for some reason. We weren't supposed to be there since it was midnight and neither of our parents knew about it... Somehow my sister and I ended up catching her girlfriend's bathroom on fire and it exploded emot-tongue I left through the window (even though it was on the second floor?) and was busy fixing some flowers that I messed up when girlfriend's mom came out of the house and was interrogating me about the bathroom and what was I doing here. Somehow I just played it off and she didn't question it anymore....

Then it cut to some village. I was there in some cafe/someone's house, except I was Rand from Wheel of Time? I dunno exactly what was going on, but Rand was at a table by a window talking to some woman who apparently wanted Rand to get married. Seems like that part of the dream just happened for no reason

Then I (as myself) was on the internet, sending a message to my bf that said "Hey man I think I'm pregnant :3" He replied, "Yay! Now I can be everywhere! emot-biggrin" Whatever that means.
Somehow I was pregnant with bf, but I was pregnant with Saionji, but they were the same person, but they were different people. I don't even know, and I also can't figure out why I was happy about it either... x_O

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#524 | Back to Top02-18-2012 09:46:02 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

So I had several dreams last night.

The only one I vaguely remember was that Homestuck was in Japanese. The whole pesterchum conversation. In Japanese. :U

#525 | Back to Top03-07-2012 01:59:13 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I had the most awful nightmare last night. First somebody pressured me to adopt a tank full of frogs. I figured it was no big deal and I could always ask somebody who thought they were cute to adopt them later. Then I took them to the vet for a checkup and he told me to come back after a couple of weeks. When I did there was this disgusting thirteen foot long tadpole/eel hybrid in a huge tank waiting for me. They claimed that was all that was left of my pets. I cried that I didn't want it until I woke up.

Board footer