This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top08-09-2012 10:39:45 PM

Nova
Phoenix Down

Re: Movie Title Mashup Thread

Nova wrote:

Nova wrote:

#21: A former CIA agent (or is he?) turned gun for hire and a band of hand-picked men rampage across Europe. . . killing Nazis.

Hint:  Each and every one of you owes me one hundred nazi scalps.

Time's up; nobody got this one.

The answer is: Roninglorious Basterds

#23) Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Christopher Lambert, and Sean Connery star in this action-comedy as an unlikely group of immortal southern California high-school students love, party, and chop each others' heads off.

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#52 | Back to Top08-10-2012 04:34:29 AM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

23. Fast Times at Ridgemont Highlander
Technically it's THE Highlander, but I'll let it slide. emot-tongue

24. In this well-known film starring Heath Ledger, a mundane man becomes nearly superhuman via an alternate identity that is able to invoke wild emotion in the masses.

#53 | Back to Top08-10-2012 11:26:51 AM

Crystalline_Dream
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

The Dark Knight's Tale?

#54 | Back to Top08-10-2012 12:21:03 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Crystalline_Dream wrote:

The Dark Knight's Tale?

Got it.

#55 | Back to Top08-10-2012 01:03:07 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

#25 It seems everyone in Baton Rouge is unhappy in the bedroom.  They can't get it up, they're anorgasmic, they're cheaters -- everyone is dysfunctional.  Enter a quirky young French woman who is always thinking about things like how many people are having an orgasm right now.  She makes it her business to solve everyone's erotic problems by playing matchmaker and documentarian with the help of her trusty camcorder.  At the end, everyone is still miserable, but at least the French girl hooks up thanks to determination and an offbeat scavenger hunt.

Careful; this one is non-Ashnodian.   But worth it.  Hint: has nothing to do with Ebichuman.

#56 | Back to Top08-10-2012 03:03:12 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Is Shortbus half of it?

#57 | Back to Top08-10-2012 03:05:29 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Nope, but you're on the right thematic track.

#58 | Back to Top09-05-2012 05:48:50 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Everybody's All-Amelie?
I'm certain about Amelie being in there, but as for the second part...

#59 | Back to Top09-05-2012 06:13:08 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Amelie is indeed half of it emot-smile  The other half requires you to mispronounce Amelie.  It shares its director with Ocean's Eleven, but I won't tell you which Ocean's Eleven.  emot-wink

#60 | Back to Top09-07-2012 05:56:32 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

satyreyes wrote:

Amelie is indeed half of it emot-smile  The other half requires you to mispronounce Amelie.  It shares its director with Ocean's Eleven, but I won't tell you which Ocean's Eleven.  emot-wink

Argh! Driving me batty! I! Will! Guess! This! (Or! I'll! Wait! For! Reveal!)

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#61 | Back to Top09-07-2012 06:09:28 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Sex, Amelies, and Videotape?

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#62 | Back to Top09-07-2012 10:57:16 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

That's!  The!  One!  emot-biggrin

#63 | Back to Top09-07-2012 11:20:37 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

#26 Hired to track down a robot who has not finished his necessary servitude, Val Angel encounters the robot's lover and their child-of-unnatural-origins. What will happen when Val realizes the awful truth and is forced to confront horrible notions of service, duty, love, and whether the devil eating eggs in monstrous ways makes up for his tendency to deliver stock jokes? Notorious for its Bernadette Peters sex scene.

Last edited by Decrescent Daytripper (09-07-2012 11:29:16 AM)

#64 | Back to Top09-07-2012 02:24:48 PM

Nova
Phoenix Down

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

#26 Hired to track down a robot who has not finished his necessary servitude, Val Angel encounters the robot's lover and their child-of-unnatural-origins. What will happen when Val realizes the awful truth and is forced to confront horrible notions of service, duty, love, and whether the devil eating eggs in monstrous ways makes up for his tendency to deliver stock jokes? Notorious for its Bernadette Peters sex scene.

Something something Heartbeeps

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#65 | Back to Top09-07-2012 02:50:52 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Nova wrote:

Something something Heartbeeps

Yes. (Though, the fact Heartbeeps is the part you got first, amuses me.)

Last edited by Decrescent Daytripper (09-07-2012 02:53:07 PM)

#66 | Back to Top03-18-2013 09:02:07 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Necroooo!  Still no answer to #26, but:

#27 A talented young engineer and his friends try to escape their benighted coal town in Soviet Russia by commandeering vehicles that go very low and very high.  The main character ends up in Florida.  (And this is portrayed as a good thing.)  The film is based on a suspense novel by Tom Clancy whose title, "Hutt Bronsky, Defector Hero," is an anagram of the film's title.

Last edited by satyreyes (03-18-2013 09:03:38 PM)

#67 | Back to Top03-18-2013 11:08:52 PM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Angel Heartbeeps (?)

satyreyes wrote:

#27 A talented young engineer and his friends try to escape their benighted coal town in Soviet Russia by commandeering vehicles that go very low and very high.  The main character ends up in Florida.  (And this is portrayed as a good thing.)  The film is based on a suspense novel by Tom Clancy whose title, "Hutt Bronsky, Defector Hero," is an anagram of the film's title.

The Hunt for Red October Sky.

#28 A leader of a group of child Rangers is appointed with the highest annual achievement a male can earn. When he attempts to make a turn his group into a national organization, he is met with a doppelgänger of an antagonist, who stops his dream on the state-level and urges him to return to his obscenely-violent previous pastime.

#68 | Back to Top03-18-2013 11:56:35 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

The Hunt for Red October Sky.

100% right!

#28 A leader of a group of child Rangers is appointed with the highest annual achievement a male can earn. When he attempts to make a turn his group into a national organization, he is met with a doppelgänger of an antagonist, who stops his dream on the state-level and urges him to return to his obscenely-violent previous pastime.

This is undoubtedly 100% wrong, seeing as one of the halves is not even a movie (yet), but I can't get past "Ender's Hunger Games."  emot-rofl

#69 | Back to Top03-19-2013 07:12:21 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Nope, not even close. I can assure you that these are movies that have been created. Think harder. emot-dance

Edit: For a hint, the movie titles flow in that one is replaced by a portion of other, making it fit the same as it had originally. It also keeps the number of syllables of the whole the same. For instance, X is 13 syllables (not actual count), Y is 5 syllables (again, not actual), X-X∂+Y=Z, Z is 13 syllables. I'm not sure exactly how better to explain it. If another hint is required, I'll return.

Last edited by TheOnlyFlorence (03-19-2013 10:14:44 AM)

#70 | Back to Top03-20-2013 01:46:24 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

Angel Heartbeeps (?)

Yes!

#71 | Back to Top03-20-2013 02:56:36 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hmm.  #28 avoids the word "boy" so studiously that I feel certain that Boy Scout(s) is in the title.  IMDB suggests "The Last Boy Scout," but that movie doesn't seem to fit the clues.  (No actual boy scouts, evil twins, or local organizations.)  Just leaving this here in case it rings any bells for anyone. emot-smile

#72 | Back to Top03-20-2013 03:04:17 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

28's killing me. Someone solve it!

(All I could think of was Soldier and The Last Boy Scout, neither of which are part of the answer, obviously.)

#73 | Back to Top03-20-2013 10:26:49 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Okay, minor hint, let's see...

#74 | Back to Top03-20-2013 01:07:44 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Ohh.  Haha.  Sort of the opposite of the Boy Scouts, then.  Working on it.

Edit: I knew I should have actually watched Der Untergang instead of just watching clips of it on YouTube.  Wikipedia indicates that it matches part of the clue very well: its protagonist, a member of the Hitler Youth, is decorated with the Iron Cross.  And certainly being a member of the Hitler Youth could qualify as an "obscenely violent former pastime."  So Der Untergang, possibly going by its English title Downfall, could be half of it.

Last edited by satyreyes (03-20-2013 01:19:20 PM)

#75 | Back to Top03-20-2013 01:39:56 PM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

satyreyes wrote:

Ohh.  Haha.  Sort of the opposite of the Boy Scouts, then.  Working on it.

Edit: I knew I should have actually watched Der Untergang instead of just watching clips of it on YouTube.  Wikipedia indicates that it matches part of the clue very well: its protagonist, a member of the Hitler Youth, is decorated with the Iron Cross.  And certainly being a member of the Hitler Youth could qualify as an "obscenely violent former pastime."  So Der Untergang, possibly going by its English title Downfall, could be half of it.

Woah, totally different direction. Granted, World War II began in 1939, but that's not the event I was referencing, nor is it truly an "event."

Try: (2007)1939

Edit: If no one gets it by tomorrow morning, I'll call it a wash, post, and make another one that's truly Ashnodian.

Last edited by TheOnlyFlorence (03-20-2013 01:40:52 PM)

Board footer