This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-13-2006 08:43:32 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Britain: Serial killer stalking prostitutes

Police hunting a serial killer who is murdering women at a rate unprecedented in British criminal history are urging prostitutes to stay off the streets.

Five naked bodies have been found near the eastern English port town of Ipswich in the last 11 days, terrifying the community in an area where serious crime is relatively rare.

Detectives have identified three of the dead women as prostitutes. Police said they feared the other two bodies may be sex workers from Ipswich who had been reported missing.

Paula Clennell, 24, has not been seen since Saturday and Annette Nicholls, 29, has been missing for at least a week.

"Three of their peers have been murdered, now tragically possibly another two. It's not safe. They need to stay off the streets," Detective Chief Superintendent Stewart Gull told BBC radio.

The discovery of so many victims in so few days has raised fears another "Ripper" targeting prostitutes is on the loose.

The most notorious such killer was the 19th-century murderer known as Jack the Ripper, blamed for the deaths of five prostitutes in east London in 1888 but never found.

The most prolific was Peter Sutcliffe, called the Yorkshire Ripper, who murdered 13 women, mainly prostitutes, in northern England from 1975 to 1980 before he was caught.

Reinforcements have been drafted in to help the small Suffolk police force in its largest inquiry. Prime Minister Tony Blair's office said it had been in touch with police to ensure all necessary resources were available.

In the latest development, Sky News reported that women's clothing had been found in the river Orwell, 4.8 km downstream from where the first two bodies were dumped.

A handbag had also been discovered in Ipswich, it said.

A police spokeswoman was unable to confirm the report but said items of clothing had been handed into the police in the course of the inquiry.

Police said they had received more than 2,000 telephone calls from members of the public in just five hours.

"Our number one priority is to find the person or persons responsible," said Gull.

"We are coming into the festive period and people are going to be out and about. We would advise them to take care," he told a news conference.

Gull said all five girls had been murdered elsewhere and their bodies dumped. Police were looking for the murder scenes.

The News of the World, Britain's biggest selling newspaper, offered a reward of 250,000 pounds ($A626,000) for the capture of the person it dubbed the "Suffolk Strangler".

The two latest bodies were discovered in Levington, east of Ipswich, close to where the naked body of another victim, Anneli Alderton, 24, was found in woodland on Sunday.

Mike Berry, a criminal psychologist, said the Ipswich killer was an exceptionally cold-blooded and skilful operator.

"The killer may be confident he will not be caught," he wrote in the Daily Mirror.

"He will be fascinated by the coverage of the case ... he will be thinking 'the game is on'."

A huge police inquiry began on December 2 when the body of Gemma Adams, 25, was found in a stream near Ipswich.

Police found 19-year-old Tania Nicol's body in the same stream on December 8.

© 2006 Reuters, Click for Restrictions

this is really sad.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/UK- … 88886.html

Last edited by Personal_IceQueen (12-13-2006 08:44:37 PM)

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#2 | Back to Top12-13-2006 09:23:29 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Re: Britain: Serial killer stalking prostitutes

That is absolutely terrifying.

#3 | Back to Top12-13-2006 09:53:49 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

( O . O )

*ahhh*

The world is not a safe place, and never has been.

Last edited by Sevelle (12-14-2006 07:57:10 PM)

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#4 | Back to Top12-14-2006 12:41:35 AM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

I'm going to be irreverent and thank you for sending out a warning to any British forum members.  Use the buddy system, guys!  school-devil

(Please realize I'm joking.  Serial killers freaking terrify me.)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#5 | Back to Top12-14-2006 01:25:26 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Murder is a frightening thing. Even if a case is as ridiculous as this, it's still scary. And creepy as hell.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#6 | Back to Top12-14-2006 09:42:45 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

/me sighs

So much is wrong with this it's not even funny. I hate creepy bastards. I hate that society ghettoizes prostitution. I hate that these poor girls have to fear for their lives just to survive.

/me double sighs

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#7 | Back to Top12-14-2006 10:01:43 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

yeah I've been reading up on this, and they are offering a shuttle service to the "sex workers" who they fear are in jeopardy. I mean the sentiment is genuine, but a shuttle service? why not offer them somewhere to go ...so they do not have to be in harm's way?emot-mad

#8 | Back to Top12-14-2006 11:02:48 AM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Are they really?  I.......guess that's something.  Especially if they're not going to arrest them all.  Until prevailing social order/laws change, the only place they realy have to give them to go is either jail or a shelter.  And you can't force people to stay in a shelter.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#9 | Back to Top12-18-2006 07:48:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#10 | Back to Top12-18-2006 05:50:52 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

I wonder if it's him. I would hate for it to be like the JonBenet case, when the guy had some issues over pretending to be the murderer.

#11 | Back to Top12-20-2006 02:29:02 PM

Sanguine_Rose
Juri Jeerer

Apparently, they interviewed the Yorkshire Ripper in prison and he was 'really intreagued' and 'impressed' by this prostitute killer's work.

Where's the 'being violently sick' emoticon? Though my use of the word 'apparently' means I heard this from a dubious source. Still, this is pretty sick stuff. You've got to feel sorry for all those mum's and dad's who've lost their children first through drugs and then through murder.

When Patrick Stewart says "Come", WE ALL COME.

Board footer