This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top12-10-2006 03:52:38 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Re: Damn cold

Tamago wrote:

The date: 9th of December 2006, Adelaide, South Australia

Temp = 41C/106F
Humidity = 6%
UV factor = Extreme

The heat is bad enough, but the high UVs really put a stinging sizzle to walking in the sunlight thats for bloody sure.

...you're probably going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but at the current moment, that actually sounds nice to me. I came home yesterday and I swear there was snow on my roof. You'd think I'd be all OMG SNOW since I'd never seen snow before, but no. It's too @#$^ cold. At least my room is in the 80's or I'd surely be frozen now. I dare not step foot outside in the currently... 49° weather. *cries and curls up under several feather comforters-- yeah, not cold to most of you, but cold makes my body go all bleh and sick-like*

...This being said I HATE the sun and always have an umbrella regarless if its burning or freezing. ...Its also the only use for one when it never rains. emot-gonk ...I'm probably more one for obscene humidity though, so maybe ignore all that.

...regarding another comment in the tread, I don't know why people complain about how its cold but leave their feet out in the cold. I want to beat each one of them silly for showing me their ugly toes AND complaining about it. ~__~

#52 | Back to Top12-10-2006 04:10:31 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I prefer winter to summer. The only thing I dislike about winter is the rain. I'm sure you aren't the only member of the board living south of the equator but you're certainly the only one in this thread.

It's not hard to understand why there aint too many Southern Hemisphere types in this forum, the vast majority of the countries where you can even come across anime let alone Utena are located above the equator.

#53 | Back to Top12-11-2006 01:18:55 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

True, if you don't know Utena exists you don't know to look on YouTube for it.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#54 | Back to Top12-11-2006 04:20:29 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

allegoriest wrote:

...you're probably going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but at the current moment, that actually sounds nice to me. I came home yesterday and I swear there was snow on my roof. You'd think I'd be all OMG SNOW since I'd never seen snow before, but no. It's too @#$^ cold. At least my room is in the 80's or I'd surely be frozen now. I dare not step foot outside in the currently... 49° weather. *cries and curls up under several feather comforters-- yeah, not cold to most of you, but cold makes my body go all bleh and sick-like*

Sounds like you are a warm weather lover... thats ok, thats what makes the world an interesting place.

ShatteredMirror wrote:

True, if you don't know Utena exists you don't know to look on YouTube for it.

The fact that anime/manga was more or less unknown in South Australia is starting to change now thanks in part to all the Japanese exchange students that have been coming over here to go to the Unis exposing us natives to the wonders of asian culture.

#55 | Back to Top12-11-2006 09:09:28 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

HELL ON EARTH

emot-gonk emot-gonk emot-gonk

Well that's one place I'm never going. Such a shame, Adelaide is a pretty name...obviously they picked a pretty name to mask the hellish misery of heat. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#56 | Back to Top12-11-2006 10:01:40 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Aww Gio, Australia has plenty of things going for it. It's just that the pinnacle of entertainment isn't one of those things. I plan to visit at some point, and not just for the accents.

#57 | Back to Top12-12-2006 03:07:45 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Gio-tan, while it is true that from both an anime/manga otaku and a cold weather lovers POV that Adelaide is indeed Hell on Earth, but from some of the previous posts you have made, you seem to a bit of a culture fan and that is one of the few good things that Adelaide offers is the Adelaide Fringe Festival.

The Adelaide Fringe Festival is an arts festival that is held annually.  It is Australia's largest arts event and the second-largest fringe festival in the world.  There are also a number of other events that occurs there.

List of Adelaide Festivals and Events.

#58 | Back to Top12-12-2006 03:31:24 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Phoenix Valley.

It's tourist season here.

70*F~ish degrees during the day, 50*F~ish at night.

Absolutely beautiful, and as cold as it gets.

#59 | Back to Top12-12-2006 04:03:51 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

The Adelaide Fringe Festival

D-d-d-...DAMN YOU. I am seduced.

I'm also staying at your place.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#60 | Back to Top12-12-2006 06:58:03 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

D-d-d-...DAMN YOU. I am seduced.

I'm also staying at your place.

And I didn't even mention the Adelaide International Rose Garden yet.

Adelaide is known as the rose capital of Australia cos the soil around the Adelaide region is ideal for growing them.

It looks like I also might have to get around and buy some conditioner to make the old single waterbed suitable for use.

#61 | Back to Top12-12-2006 08:57:38 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

For whatever reason, Australia has always been number two on my wish list of places to go. With the weather being the way it is where I live, I'm tempted to fly down there right now, even if the sun will burn me to a crisp. etc-love

#62 | Back to Top12-12-2006 10:54:39 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

All right everyone, board meeting in Adelaide.

#63 | Back to Top12-13-2006 03:21:21 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

It's times like this when I wish I owned a large phallic tower with a huge kitchen, lots of servant-girls with lots of spare bedrooms with waterbeds and shagpile carpets. etc-wankdudeetc-wankgirletc-wankdudeetc-wankgirl

#64 | Back to Top12-13-2006 10:48:57 AM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Tamago wrote:

It's times like this when I wish I owned a large phallic tower with a huge kitchen, lots of servant-girls with lots of spare bedrooms with waterbeds and shagpile carpets. etc-wankdudeetc-wankgirletc-wankdudeetc-wankgirl

Aww, what about servant-boys? If you're gonna have everyone over, you have to have servant-boys in addition to girls! And they ALL have to be hot/cute!

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#65 | Back to Top12-13-2006 03:28:21 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

Tamago wrote:

Aww, what about servant-boys? If you're gonna have everyone over, you have to have servant-boys in addition to girls! And they ALL have to be hot/cute!

I suppose I can order some servant-boys as well, but trying to raise the money to find the right sort of guys, kidnapping and brainwashing them is a royal pain in the ass. emot-tongue

#66 | Back to Top12-20-2006 10:08:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Giovanna wrote:

Wow I've never seen this many people prefer cold. Then again I'm Florida, everyone here moved down from up north to get to where it's warm. I hate it. emot-frown

My god! You have snowbirds, Gio? And you hate them? emot-dance Whoo hoo! I'm not alone!!

Well, I always figured that the rich old people go to die in Florida. The poor old people come to me in Arizona to die. I hate snowbirds with such a passion...we had a sign made for the back window of our truck. I'd speak of it here, but this isn't IFD, so there you go.

The weather in Yuma, Arizona is either "damn hot," "too damn hot," "stay inside and crank up the AC," or "too damn cold." Especially at night. We get two seasons, a six-month summer and a winter of about the same length. Maybe a token spring or autumn, but that's about it.

God, I love it here in the Desert Southwest! Absolutely etc-loveetc-loveetc-love it here!!

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#67 | Back to Top12-21-2006 09:28:14 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

At last I'm home, where is not cold. Here on Mazatlan the weather is like 70° F, 21° C. 

And my mom took me to yoga on the beach!! emot-dance

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#68 | Back to Top12-22-2006 02:33:53 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

The weather here has been bi-polar in the last few days

Yesterday it was 37C(98F) during the day and 28C(82F) last night with 70% humidity and sheet lightning, but today it went down to 24C(76F) with showers.

The weather needs some lithium emot-tongue

#69 | Back to Top01-12-2007 12:01:04 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Gotta love my state.

53 degrees F and sunny yesterday.
12 degrees F and snowing today.

Ayup.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#70 | Back to Top01-12-2007 01:56:14 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

angelicreation wrote:

Gotta love my state.

53 degrees F and sunny yesterday.
12 degrees F and snowing today.

Sounds very good from my point of view, it sure beats night-time tempertures of 22C(72F) and over!

#71 | Back to Top01-12-2007 07:53:56 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ooh, ooh, I have to wave my hand around a bit and say I am also technically a south-of-the-equator SKU fan; I'm a New Zealander, although I've been living in the UK for about ten/eleven months now. And incidentally, South Yorkshire is bloody FREEZING right now...although to be fair, I couldn't say that for sure because I am actually in Japan right this second. Not that it is any warmer here. I need to go home for summer. emot-tongue (Actually, it's not the COLD that's really irritating in the UK; it's the fact that daylight hours are so short. At its worst, the sun rises at 8am and sets at 3:30pm where I live. Suck.)

Tamago wrote:

The fact that anime/manga was more or less unknown in South Australia is starting to change now thanks in part to all the Japanese exchange students that have been coming over here to go to the Unis exposing us natives to the wonders of asian culture.

We've had Japanese students since I was a wee tot in New Zealand, and it didn't help us. emot-gonk I think the spread of it now is simply due to DVDs and rapid internet connections...I'm one of the "veterans" who remembers the good ol' days of sending bank drafts to America to get my NTSC-VHS tapes sent to me surface mail, praying that they'd be compatible with my PAL system TV and VCR...ah yes, the memories...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#72 | Back to Top01-12-2007 10:48:05 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

And today we're a wonderful 0 degrees F.  With wind.  Woo...  Come Wednesday we -might- get temperatures close to 30 degrees F.

I like the cold.  I like feeling the bite in the air when you breathe it in.  I'm just not fond of my throat freezing when I breathe in.  It's rather hard to breathe in 0 degree weather at times.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#73 | Back to Top01-12-2007 01:53:34 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

It snowed outside today, and that was weird, since I live in SoCal. But I like when the air is so clean and clear that you can see the mountains - so freaking awesome. But yeah, it's freezing.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#74 | Back to Top01-12-2007 02:22:18 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

angelicreation wrote:

Gotta love my state.

Wasn't there a big snowstorm where you live few weeks ago? A heard about it on the news, and no one knew why I was so worried about a snowstorm in Denver. e.e

The weather where I live has been freakishly warm this winter. It's the middle of January, and yet it's 40 degrees out. I like it better this way, but I can't get over how unusual it is.

#75 | Back to Top01-12-2007 03:02:50 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Hearing about cold weather is making my head hurt.  Alot!
I live in Buffalo NY, which is supposed to get lots of snow....
I wished that winter wouldn't come, and that spring would just stay forever this year. 
I didn't expect it to come true!  The weather's been freakishly nice here, snow doesn't last for even a day before dying.

So far the only gilmse of winter we got lasted for less then a week, and it was pretty huge and unexpected, but after that it's been spring tempuratures.  Lots of trees were taken down because of it.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

Board footer