This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-22-2007 06:10:52 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

How Was Your Day?

Though this question is dreaded by some people, personally, I'm very interested in hearing about what other people do during the day. So, post about what you did today, whether it be something interesting, funny, or random.

I've been working on a book report on The Tragedy of Julius Caesar all day. I've had weeks to do it, so this is what I get for procrastinating. I don't really mind, though. I had fun debating why Brutus wasn't a treacherous villain for what he did. Another part of the project was to choose a song that would represent one the characters, and I chose Wakaba's duel song.

Hopefully your day was more interesting than mine. :3

#2 | Back to Top03-22-2007 08:56:46 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Re: How Was Your Day?

Did absolutely nothing except going to classes... surfing online and is currently having a writer's block for a paper that's due tomorrow emot-gonk

Mm... Wakaba's duel song does fit Brutus quite well. The lyrics is about the uselessness of an old king trying to wield a sword, right?

#3 | Back to Top03-22-2007 09:10:43 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

i was bitched at by a friend of mine about how we were suposed to go to the mall today, then i went for a walk to the new corner store and bought a snapple lemonade. after that i played kickball and got completely winded. came home drew a picture that will soon be up on DA, rp'd with a friend and then came here..... yeppers.... thats pretty much it.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#4 | Back to Top03-22-2007 09:23:02 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

I had to reading reports to hand out for today, I was unable to do a decent one. My stomach hurted in the morning so I didn't went to classes except to hand out the crappy reports I did. (because you can't hand them later) I sleep all day and didn't went to my afternoon class.
And my stomach has started to hurt again!! emot-gonk

The only good part of the day was that I took some time to see the last 3 episodes of Utena

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#5 | Back to Top03-22-2007 09:24:04 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Um, I got up at 6am to get dressed for work, then I left my house at 7am and walked 4 blocks to catch my bus. The stupid bus showed up late again for the third time this week because my usual driver went on vacation. Thus I ended up almost late for work, for the third time this week. So I get there and one of the few people who talks to me at the office(even if she is homophobic) isn't there because she's sick or because she's a hypochondriac.

Around 11am, I leave because it's a part-time job, and I'm only contracted until July. But I'll complain about being unemployed in July. I decided to go TV shopping on the other end of town so I hop on the bus and I'm there about an hour or so later. I only spend 20 minutes there because all the TV's they had at the Conn's Clearance Outlet were either extra crappy or expensive. So I leave and decide to call it a day and go home, and I've been on the computer ever since.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#6 | Back to Top03-22-2007 09:42:58 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Ooh, Wakaba's duel song. emot-keke

I overslept and missed my Child Psychology class because my roommate was hogging the bathroom when I did wake up at first, and then I went to my second class, Beginning Ballet.

I have to be in this end of the semester recital for my exam grade. emot-frown Last semester I opted to write an essay instead, but my teacher won't let me this time. I don't want to perform on stage. I took beginning ballet twice for a reason; we keep working on recitals half the time, and I'm still learning the basics.

But, if my teacher wants to muck up the recital with my clumsiness, lack of balance, and inability to memorize the steps, sure.

..oops, that was more of a rant, sorry. D:

And I got Subway and watched Blood + with my sister. emot-keke The first Subway we went to near my dorm closed 40 minutes early, though. emot-mad

#7 | Back to Top03-22-2007 10:43:48 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

My day consisted of getting up a little too late, poking around on the computer before getting dressed and heading to Borders.  I picked up two new cds and then headed into work.  The back office computer was still down, but at least the hard drives had arrived.

The tech showed up and installed the two new hard drives and got my store's computer back up and running.  I did next week's schedule and worked on the set-ups and planning for the $1500 of catering we have tomorrow with my opening manager.  Then I entered all of this last week's payroll since the back office computer was back up.  I hired into the system my new utility and then got the storte ready for sinner.  Dinner severely kicked my butt because the systems were still screwy even though the back office computer was up and running again.  I couldn't use any of my system tools to load the proteins, so i'm flying byt the seat of my pants and only managed to run out of meatloaf at the end of the day.

The deposit and cash was all screwy because the back office computer kept thinking it was yesterday and had the credit cards from yesterday AND today autoposted on yesterday's till, so I had to post the cash on yesterday making yesterday technically over $3000 and today short the same $3000.  emot-rolleyes  So damn annoying.  IO opted not to do inventory or install the new backup POS batteries.  I'll do that tomorrow.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#8 | Back to Top03-23-2007 12:29:22 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Had a successful presentation despite my horrible presentation boards that I made shortly after I got a concussion. Also earned points with my teacher who didn't particularly care for me.

Got into a fight with the housekeeper I don't even want. She doesn't like the arrangement of my furniture that doesn't fit any other way. (I really think she stole my medicine afterwards, but I'm going to tear the place apart before I point fingers.)

pretended to be a statue. got rained on (!!!) a few times, but only about a minute each time. (it never rains here)

...also went home and left my drafting equipment at my other home. crap. not that I can draw a straight line at the moment anyway.
*enjoys it while its not here to do*

#9 | Back to Top03-23-2007 01:45:45 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

...eh, I quit my job. emot-dance

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#10 | Back to Top03-23-2007 02:30:16 PM

Hina the Prince
Friend, Perhaps

I HAVE VACATION!!!!!!111

#11 | Back to Top03-23-2007 02:30:43 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Clarice wrote:

Oh wow, well, I hope your next job would be more fun.

As for me, I woke up, and next thing I know, there's a quiz. Good thing it's easy emot-keke
Then it's just 1.5 hrs of lecture, and then a 1.5 hr discussion on Scorcese's "The Last Temptation of Christ". The highlight of the class: I kinda embarassed myself for not talking about the concept of divinity and go straight to psychoanalysis because now when I see Jesus Christ, I see Utena emot-redface. And Anthy being Mary Magdalene.

When I left that class, I realized: I don't think I personally believe in divine miracles from the absolute one.

So I am still aimlessly surfing online just to forget the teach's weird reaction when I mentioned... well, what I mentioned...

And, just then, I got on the phone with my best friend and talked for nearly an hour. Makes my day to hear him again emot-smile

#12 | Back to Top03-23-2007 02:38:21 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Clarice wrote:

Okay, you are going to have to explain that one. emot-biggrin

As for me, I've just spent all day working/pretending to work/looking at wine/looking electronics and computer gadgets*/wishing I was asleep. I'm about to go home and in my heart I know I should do some gallery work but I want to nap.

*Intel is dropping their top line processors by over 50% in the third quarter. I think I know when I'm upgrading. etc-wankgirl I mention that because you folks might wanna hold off on purchasing a new computer for a few more months.

As for Wakaba's duel song, isn't it about King Priam?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#13 | Back to Top03-23-2007 07:41:55 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Giovanna wrote:

As for Wakaba's duel song, isn't it about King Priam?

I did some research on it before typing up the report, and that was one of the things I came across. I'd love to read about the actual battle that inspired that song.

Hiraku wrote:

The highlight of the class: I kinda embarassed myself for not talking about the concept of divinity and go straight to psychoanalysis because now when I see Jesus Christ, I see Utena emot-redface. And Anthy being Mary Magdalene.

We're discussing Christianity in my World History class at the moment. Now I'm going to keep thinking of Utena because of you. emot-frown

I've started writing again today. For a while, I couldn't type enough to write fanfiction, so I had to take a break. (A warning to all of you. If you type a lot, use a good keyboard. Repetitive stress injuries suck more than you could ever imagine.) I've been doing some minor writing on the side, though they were all stories I'll probably never finish anytime soon.

If I do finish the one I've started now, it will probably be really long. Even so, I'm quite excited about writing this story. I just want to answer a lot of questions for myself about Juri and Shiori's relationship, all from Shiori's point of view. For one thing, I want to write about what their relationship was like when they first met, what caused Shiori to become the way she is, how that boy affected their relationship, what happened when she stole that boy from Juri, and what happened during the time that she was away from Ohtori. I also want to rewrite episodes 17, 28, and 29 from Shiori's point of view, and everything involving her leading up to the final episodes. After all that, I want make Juri and Shiori's relationship actually work.

This is going to be a very difficult challenge, but I like challenges. emot-keke

#14 | Back to Top03-23-2007 07:47:41 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Razara wrote:

This is going to be a very difficult challenge, but I like challenges. emot-keke

I look forward to it

#15 | Back to Top03-23-2007 09:34:19 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I got the glass in my car repaired, so there's that. I found out my insurance premiums went down, although I'm still incredibly in debt. I sent my bf a link to a couple .jp sites that sell school girl skirts and he said he'd buy me one or two if I'd like. emot-smile I bought some orange sculpey to start my Juri bust, although I've not quite finished my Utena one. Her stupid face is giving me trouble. emot-mad I also got some bamboo, but I haven't named it yet. I was thinking Gilligan and Skipper, but I'm not sure. I want to get some cacti, so maybe I'll hold off. I think Skipper ought to be a Spiky Plant. I want to get some peonies and violets, too eventually, those will be Utena and Anthy. But my bamboo....hrm.

All in all, a rather good day. emot-keke

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#16 | Back to Top03-24-2007 03:34:38 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I had a physics test I did NOT know was today (I thought it was next week), so I went in having not looked at formulas for about a month. Hopefully I did okay. I need an A or A+ in this damn class. Had lunch with a friend, went to the lab to work, got off work early, and saw a friend I haven't seen in a while. Took a nap, talked in Japanese for a while with my friend's visiting girlfriend. It was enjoyable.

I've been watching my fansubs of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Ouran High School Host Club this fine night.

#17 | Back to Top03-24-2007 03:47:07 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Trench Kamen wrote:

I had a physics test I did NOT know was today (I thought it was next week), so I went in having not looked at formulas for about a month. Hopefully I did okay. I need an A or A+ in this damn class. Had lunch with a friend, went to the lab to work, got off work early, and saw a friend I haven't seen in a while. Took a nap, talked in Japanese for a while with my friend's visiting girlfriend. It was enjoyable.

I've been watching my fansubs of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Ouran High School Host Club this fine night.

Oh my god... a similar situation with me on Physics! We BOTH need an A! Well, best of luck!
And, I also talked till midnight with my best friend in Japanese on AIM because he wanted to practice for his Japanese class. I don't really know how to speak/type fluent Japanese, though.

At this point, still have a writer's block, but starting from this morning to dusk, I'll have to get cracking for my exam next week, then my papers. Hopefully, I can stay awake.

Last edited by Hiraku (03-24-2007 03:47:34 AM)

#18 | Back to Top03-24-2007 03:49:01 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Hina the Prince wrote:

I HAVE VACATION!!!!!!111

You're lucky! I've been dreaming about that for the whole week now. And yet I should be having my schoolbreak this week, but I actually feel even more tired than usual. >_< Next week, school starts again. Ugh...

My day hasn't been so bad. I haven't done absolutely anything I should have and I have so much homework. Guess I better do it today.

Razara wrote:

About the Juri/Shiori fic

Ohh, that sounds very interesting! Good luck ;D

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#19 | Back to Top03-25-2007 02:21:31 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Clarice wrote:

Okay, you are going to have to explain that one. emot-biggrin

Heh, I just finished the job I've been in for thirteen months and loathed the entire time. It made my day. Although I was very tired and all I wanted to do was go to bed. But I had to pack. Bleah.

Today I wandered around Montmartre and had French guys try to get my attention by calling me "ma belle." It was because they were trying to sell me touristy crap, of course, but it was still nice for the old ego. emot-tongue I also went to an erotica museum. With my parents. And they paid for it.

...naturally, I ditched them as soon as we were through the turnstile. I'm all class, me. school-devil

Last edited by Clarice (03-25-2007 02:22:53 PM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#20 | Back to Top03-25-2007 02:26:08 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Horrible. Actually i went this weekend to Madrid with a friend who lives there, i had a horrible week full of test and tons of work.

But when we were at the disco, i started to cry with no reason. I was crying so aloud that i don't have voice right now. My friend felt horrible and he took me home a few minutes later and i was still crying and shouting D: .

I couldn't sleep this night because i was still crying.

And this morning at the bus, 6 hours Madrid - Granada, a woman started to shout to a black girl (i must recall that here are not many black people) just because she misunderstood her sit place number (sorry, no time to use the translator... you know what i mean, stfu), she started to say "If you don't know how to read fuckin' illegal, is not my business but just don't mess with me when i tell you you're wrong".

Oh god, then i started to shout again to that women.

6 horrible hours at the bus.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (03-25-2007 02:27:10 PM)

#21 | Back to Top03-25-2007 03:10:38 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Today I woke up next to the boyfriend after spending the previous evening drinking yummy alcoholic beverages and *ahem* enjoying each other's company, stumbled to Detroit's Greektown with him for some brunch at a greasy spoon, then went home and started working on my anthropology midterm essay, which is due tomorrow.  I also intend to check the latest batch of Japanese homework, which is my job, and mess around with my new DVD-ROM drive.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#22 | Back to Top03-25-2007 04:46:35 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

*gives epi hugs*

I had the same horrible sunday that comes every week. Not much to say.

And now I make bath... stuff. Like creme tea to bathe in I guess. Its all rosy-tastic.

Have also begun my mission to find olive oil from Sabina.
(No, I don't care what brand. X___x it just needs to be from there... any suggestions?)

Also reinstalled my CS suite onto temporary computer since my other stupid one is stupid. I have fallen in love with my remote drive. new computer feeling AND my files. I still want mine back though emot-gonk

#23 | Back to Top03-25-2007 07:06:15 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Epi, I'm glad you yelled at the woman who was being awful to that girl - it isn't right for people to say horrible things like that. I'm sorry your weekend was crappy emot-frown

My day was... well, I'm gonna include from midnight onwards. I was at a party, and I consumed many yummy mixed drinks. I made out on top of a stove with a guy that a few of the people at the party, including myself, have a running herpes joke about - maybe not a wise move. Then I stole a mail box and went home.

Today I woke up in the early afternoon, figured out what classes I'm taking next semester, did my homework, and ate some food.

Right now I'm wondering if I have an assignment due to-morrow or not in one of my classes.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#24 | Back to Top03-25-2007 08:54:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I saw moths having sex!

#25 | Back to Top03-26-2007 06:48:08 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

satyreyes wrote:

I saw moths having sex!

Did you record it on video? its amazing what you can watch on Youtube these days *hehehe*

My day went well, after about 4 weeks, my 6 DVDs of SKU has arrived and I watched the first 2 DVDs set to show the subtitles and to the English dub as I have watched it only with the original Japanese dub with fan subtitles on Youtube before and I can tell you, Saionji's, Nanami's and Akio's English dub voices are just... bleeech! also Tsuwabuki and Miki's voices just too mature sounding for their ages.

Edit: What the hell is up with calling her Utena Ten Jew???

Last edited by Tamago (03-26-2007 06:49:14 AM)

Board footer