This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top10-07-2009 10:55:54 PM

links03rjean
New Student

Re: How Was Your Day?

hi am newbie here!...i start my day with washing my clothes and i go work...the usually stuff i do when working...and when i will go home i go to my garden to do some watering, pulling weeds, putting fertilizer and do some garden design.emot-dance

#102 | Back to Top10-08-2009 08:59:37 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

It sucked elephant cock until I got my broadband back.

Then it started to kick ass. emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#103 | Back to Top10-08-2009 09:23:13 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I spent my evening, which started early because my adorable Filipino med-surg instructor let us out early when she heard next week is midterms, writing essays for my evil psych instructor that until this afternoon, I didn't know we had to write.

But I'm drinking a shake of chocolate casein protein, milk, and raw eggbeater. It's delicious. Seriously this is the best thing I've put in my mouth in weeks.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#104 | Back to Top10-09-2009 05:14:38 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I'm determined that today shall be good.  Short day at work for me (I work at least 20 minutes extra all of the rest of the days of the week, so damn it, I'm cutting out 45 early on Fridays), I get to train people on two of my favorite library topics (cataloging and serials), and then...3-day weekend!  Bless my college for choosing to take almost all Federal holidays off (Vet's day is celebrated either Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. ^_-)

Yesterday was long.  Even cataloging felt like an utter chore.  The day was broken up weirdly since I had to take on collection development topics for yesterday's training, but only 2 of the 3 people there were actually going to be doing the project that I was supposed to talk most about, so I ended up being vague.  I'll have to talk to K today and see if he has any other questions and stuff.

Then it was rainy and cruddy and traffic sucked.  But I made yummy cheese and onion enchiladas which were eaten while watching Higurashi, so that made things a bit better. ^_^

#105 | Back to Top10-09-2009 09:44:40 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I was done watching The Fugitive. With Law and Order: SVU on really quiet, I checked IRG before planning on turning in for the night. It was much too late to go upstairs, with both entries to my room blocked by soundly sleeping parents who hate to think I'm up past 1, so I'd have to sleep on the couch. I noticed it was 4AM, a bit before my dad usually wakes up in the morning. But, his alarm goes off quite loud before he gets downstairs, so once I heard it, I'd be able to shut of the TV and computer a good two or three minutes before gets here, wouldn't I?

Footsteps. Down the stairs. I held down the power button on my computer and turn off the TV. The static wasn't even done fizzling by the time he opened the door. It was pitch black as he walked through and apparently didn't notice me. He got to the kitchen and turned on the light, illuminating his naked ass cheeks before I could cover my face in the blanket. Luckily, I did before he turned to enter the bathroom, so I at least avoided that scarring experience.

However! It would be unavoidable if I stayed downstairs. He would leave the bathroom, walking frontwards past me to go to any of the rooms in which he stored his clothes and I would get an unhampered view of the full monty. It was clear that I had to escape. I was ready to run for it when I realized my exit was in plain view of the bathroom in which he was brushing his teeth. Hater of inhibitions like shutting doors that he was, he had left that path of vision wide open. The sink facing the doorway, I would be seen. Fuck fuck fuck.

BUT THEN GOD STEPPED IN.

I heard the tinkling plink that was undoubtedly a saintly golden stream of deus ex machina coming to my rescue. Into the round, white, fluid-filled guardian angel it went, shielding me from that angry "what the fuck are you doing up so late?! Jesus Christ!" gaze and the "no more computer"-tainted destiny it would result in. One didn't know how long the stream would last (the second bathroom attached to my room and my whole family loathe to shut a door, I was well familiar with my family's peeing habits) so I had to make as quiet a break for it as possible as I shot up the stairs for my room.

BUT THEN GOD FORSOOK ME.

My hallway door is supremely messed up. I'd forgotten that the day before, I'd given up and walked all the way around the downstairs to get into it because it was so severely jammed/warped/misshapen or whatever the hell it is; it remained as such this morning. I slammed, I pushed... All quietly, quietly so as not to rouse the sleeping demon just a room or two over or to alert the certain someone who could at any moment be following me back up the stairs to get the clothing he had stripped himself of so enthusiastically the night before. I was absolutely fucked; all entrances were double blocked by persons I would wake up in my attempt not to and here I was being impeded by Saurumon himself. Seemingly, I would have to resort to the Mines of Moria; the other guest room. Or, as others have dubbed it based on its color, the pepto bismol room.

So I tip toed down the hallway and was immediately horrified by two realizations. Firstly, the room is creepy and uncomfortable; I probably wouldn't be able to sleep in it at all. Secondly, wouldn't it be fairly obvious when Rory chose to sleep in the creepy and uncomfortable room that something was up? I'd have to make up some horribly inconvenient story about how I was freaked ou by something in my room or "just felt like it" (which they might have bought, who knows; I'm strange)... And that explanation and a disbelief thereof might have rendered me in just as much as, if not more trouble than being up at four in the morning, watching TV and dicking around online. I really had to make another stab at my room.

So I tiptoed back down the hallways to my room and struggled with the door again. I tried pulling it down, but that approach doesn't work from the side I was on. I almost tried sneaking my finger through the crack and trying to run it the side of the doorway, but figured I would just injure myself horribly. The more it pushed, the more it seemed I was just going to break the poor slab of wood of its hinges and make an even bigger ordeal out of it than anything else I possibly could have done, in addition to revealing my mid-AM whereabouts. Shit, shit, shit. Yet I still slid my hand up its face in that pitch black darkness and felt the miracle; I had made some slight headway. There was a tiny little place wherein I could sneak in my hand and gently coax the door forwards. So coax I did, with the deliberate delicacy and sly softness of a true family fugitive, and thus was let back into my own room.

My lovely accomplice (who has crept up behind me), a young pussycat who thinks I'm dynamite in the scratchin' sack, followed me in as I swiftly made my way through the chaos that is a living rug of clothes and things. We two night-clad lovers slipped into bed with all the speed of debris down a hill in an ice storm. She was still purring loudly in my lap as the sound of a stomping, stark-naked stallion of 50 arrived in the horse-hair plastered box next to mine and made his way into the shower. I saw nothing more of his bodily affects and just lay there, my heart pounding through every corner of my belly, arms and toes. And then, finally, after much cuddling with my feline friend, fell asleep.

I woke up about four hours later, with her now in my arms, as a dog was fed biscuits on top of me. Then I thought about what would happened if someone tried to burgle, rape or murder me and couldn't get back to sleep. Regardless, that loserly mini-adventure I had was one for the books. I would not have spent my morning any other way.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (10-09-2009 04:14:02 PM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#106 | Back to Top10-09-2009 09:48:59 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Naj, I swear to god, you are wasting your life if you don't become some kind of regular contributor to This American Life. Or some kind of radio broadcast show or something.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#107 | Back to Top10-09-2009 11:59:49 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Man, I bet OITL wishes she could be reviewing this kind of thing instead. Glad you made it to bed without being discovered Naji!

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#108 | Back to Top10-11-2009 06:48:38 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

It was as I suspected.  Beethoven's third was too long.  By the time all was said and done, everyone just ran out of stream, especially the poor brass section.  Beethoven busted their chops.  I can't believe I have to do this two more times.  Classical music can be EVIL.

#109 | Back to Top10-11-2009 09:16:54 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I was up all night researching Wii homebrew hacks and how I could apply them to my poor console. Found the solution around 1 or 2 am, and had a "homebrew boot disk" assembled on the hard drive by 4 am. Spent about twenty minutes explaining it to Lady Lortab (who never trusts me about these things, I swear) and then loaded the homebrew bootdisk onto the SD card I normally use for Animal Crossing pics.

Everything went fantabulously. The programs I wanted worked as advertised, and now my savegame is so freaking broken it's not even funny. But now I can score stuff for Razara (I owe her big time for getting me hooked and helping me with my house) and I got my house finished. Also, I finally got my Metroid, Miffy (name courtesy of Reanna -- I hope she doesn't mind).

Spent the rest of the day hopping between the Wii and the computer, hacking and updating as necessary. Won't be able to hack again until 9 am tomorrow morning, because I don't hack when I'm expecting mail.

All in all, a good way to spend an all-nighter. emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#110 | Back to Top10-12-2009 09:04:03 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Today I went to a lecture, it turned out I'd already done the homework entirely by accident, I got my nipple pierced and it was £10 less than I expected it to be. And my housemates are paying for it for my birhday anyway.
Woop!

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#111 | Back to Top10-12-2009 01:29:53 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Long, exhausting, and a giant waste of my day off. Oh, the joys of clothes shopping. emot-rolleyes

#112 | Back to Top10-12-2009 03:18:53 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I went to make copies of the test today for my students, and when I got to Kinko's, I realized I hadn't managed to get the file onto my flash drive. So I wasted the trip, for which I was ten minutes late to class, and still had to make them take the test on notebook paper. emot-rolleyes

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#113 | Back to Top10-12-2009 03:36:26 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

So four of us in our Bible study group go to get free pizza on a day that people from our university can get it for free.  So we are doing that outside and having our meeting and some guy comes up to us and hands us tracts but he had no idea who we were or what we were there for, so our team leader goes "I'll trade you" and hands a copy of our passages for today and he was just like 'wtf?!' 

emot-rofl

So yeah, I got my first religious tract handed to me at a religious meeting without the person realizing what it was we were doing.  Amazing.  That made my day.

The rest was all horrid.  Shoot me now.

Fortunately I have inside joke material about charts and beaurocrats to last me weeks.  emot-rofl

Last edited by spoon-san (10-12-2009 03:48:23 PM)

#114 | Back to Top10-12-2009 03:41:15 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I went apple picking! It's the same orchard Obama went to last year. The honeycrisp apples are delicious!

Board footer