This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top10-02-2009 11:45:25 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Re: Project Runway

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

.....I'm now kinda wondering what an Akio-style shirt dress would look like....

! It would look fabulous with shiny black leggings, a cinch belt, some arm bands and black and white spectator-oxfords. cool This is an excellent idea.

Edit: Pattern located. End product will be revealed within the next two years.

Also I like to watch this show on mute! I don't give a damn what anyone is saying, but the things they make are at the very least interesting even when they're not fabulous.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (10-02-2009 11:47:57 AM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#102 | Back to Top10-02-2009 06:06:46 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Nick gets immunity for the next challenge?  BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I myself would have given it to Epperson.  Sure, the leather pieces could have used a bit more detail (like visible stitching and thickness), but that was one bad ass outfit.  I mean, I would wear it and feel bad ass.   All Stompity-stomp getoutta my bar you sunuvabitch stompity.  And even Chris's -despite the cheesey vamp story and the rather sloppy-looking top, had such a fresh and original dress that appealed to me.

But Nick's....it was cool, and it had character, and I appreciate the technique, but I don't want him having immunity.

I ifinally got to watch last week's episode last night. I pretty much agree with your assessment. I don't especially like Nick either, but his costume and accompanying story kicked ass. I would have been just as happy to see Epperson win too, even if I don't like him. His outfit was fucking awesome. I like Chris, and I like his outfit, but his story was....not right to me. It looked more high-fashion steampunk than vampire bride.

And I'll miss you Ra'mon.  You were way hit and miss but when you hit baby, you hit.  Plus, you was a sweetie.

Amen, sister. His lizard woman had so much wasted potential.  The original catsuit version would have totally worked if he simply re-thought the size, shape, and positioning of the lizard scales. Even when he decided on a dress instead, I would have gone with something long and fitted with a high collar and train.

I'll get to this week's episode later, but the short version is that if Louise had gone home last week instead, Ra'mon probably would have won the challenge this week. Oh, and that Shirin was fucking robbed.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#103 | Back to Top10-09-2009 11:26:12 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Oh, great googly-moogly, my brain's running a week behind.

I can't remember last week much anymore other than that being a stupid fucking challenge, and I was horribly disappointed in the lack of BRIGHT, SATURATED, VIVID BLUES. The color palette was beyond pathetic. I'm not even sure if Chris and Epperson's outfit qualified as blue. On my TV, the disco pumpkin looked teal, if not emerald.

In general, everything was straight up fugly.

And then this week, another damn one-day challenge. I'm getting sick of these.

I was so fucking scared for Shirin, and she lands Top 3. emot-dance

#104 | Back to Top10-09-2009 06:24:53 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

^

Yeah I'd really like to see some more interesting colors.

20 threads dead so far.

#105 | Back to Top10-15-2009 06:43:00 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Hurr.

One.  Carol Hannah was so overlooked last week!  Her wedding revamp was so cute, and a bit more age-appropriate than Geordana's.

Two.  Geordana, even though I liked her outfit, does not need to get immunity.  It's b/c immunity has been going to the one-hot-wonders that Nick and her are still here while Louise and Epperson (who I was growing on as a designer) are back home.

Three.  I still like Chris, I just think that his stuff is so experimental with textures that, like Ra'mon, he needs more time to work something out (one-day challenges =suck), and I think that when given this chance, his stuff would blow most out of the water.  Which really makes more sense, because whoever wins this will have way more time to design their lines than a day.  That, and his stuff tends to be more geared towards a younger set.  His outfit was a major miss this time, but on a prettier woman, with some alteration, I see some really interesting potential. 

Four.  Irina is still a bitch.  And for the most part, her stuff is too safe.  Yeah, it's executed well, but it's all so simple.  I did like her outfit this time in the shape, but the gold belt was just...no...it needed to be leather with a gold clasp, maybe, instead of thick shiny fabric.  That I didn't altogether like the color they raved about -too dusty cobweb for me, but I'll give that it may just be how it looks on the runway/my tv.

Five.  I really don't like her.

Six.  It was nice to see Shirin break it back out.

#106 | Back to Top10-15-2009 09:59:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Double post because in regards to tonight's episode.

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

#107 | Back to Top10-16-2009 07:23:17 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

One.  Carol Hannah was so overlooked last week!  Her wedding revamp was so cute, and a bit more age-appropriate than Geordana's.

Carol Hannah's been overlooked pretty much the entire damn season, up until last night. She's what you call a dark horse.

Two.  Geordana, even though I liked her outfit, does not need to get immunity.  It's b/c immunity has been going to the one-hot-wonders that Nick and her are still here while Louise and Epperson (who I was growing on as a designer) are back home.

I like her. I like the not-shitty stuff she makes. At the end of the day, though, she's not a designer. She's a dressmaker. I think Shirin's PITA ex-bride would have liked Gordana's dress better.

Three.  I still like Chris.

Me too. Too bad none of his stuff is turning out right.

Four.  Irina is still a bitch....and her stuff is boring..

Pretty much dead on.

Six.  It was nice to see Shirin break it back out.

Only to get sent home the following week for whatever that mess was. I don't know if you watch the model show after PR, but Shirin's model locked herself in the bathroom and started crying hysterically after the elimination. She blamed herself for some of the aspects of Shirin's dress.

As for this week, NOT ENOUGH FUCKING SEQUINS, DAMN IT!

#108 | Back to Top10-16-2009 08:00:25 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I know!  Everything was so boring.  :c  Granted, Mood may not have all the awesome materials they really needed...but really.  I was really hoping Chris would rock this challenge. :c

#109 | Back to Top10-22-2009 09:19:36 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

NICOLAS IS GONE! emot-dance

Milla was right, though, if he'd taken the white, wrappy business into dress length and took off the sleeves, it would totally be Greece.

Gordana's dress was cute, but I think the only reason she didn't win was because Heidi was being a bitch. She talks so much shit everytime when it comes to Gordana. She did it with Uli, too, and I think she acts like this toward other German women. I mean, really, Heidi, you're a fucking model, not a designer. Shut your piehole.

Irina is a pain in my ass, but she's good comparatively at what she does. I do like her whole "my only competition is what I did last week" concept, though. That said, her totally 80s ski-bunny-who-doesn't-ski was a bit dull, chromatically. I wouldn't wear all that brown to Aspen for fear of being mistaken for an exposed tree trunk.

I etc-love Carol Hannah so damn much. I originally had her, Althea, and Shirin in my final three with Louise as an alternate. Of course, now I'm altering my prediction swap out Shirin for Irina. Either way, the menfolk are sucking this time around.

#110 | Back to Top10-22-2009 10:39:15 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

As per, I agree with everything Raven said, and would like to add that Irina's outfit was dumpy - the silhouette looked much better on paper- and when I saw the back I just thought that she had run out of fabric.  Wtf exposed back in cold weather?

And I loved Carol Hannah's dress, but it just looks like she compiled the beach wear episode's designs.  Then again, it's Palm beach, so what else is she supposed to do?

Ah, Chris, you are a sweetie, but you need to stop the whole poofy on top and bottom, cinch belt in the middle.  It is not working.  You had Sante fe.  You were thinking mountain climbing and horse-back riding adventure, where was it?  You could have turquoise and reds or other elements that highlight the Mexican artwork and heritage.  You had so much to work with, and your outfit looked so... uninspired.

And I want that necklace Gordana made.  Why didn't she win?  I mean, THAT NECKLACE.  I think Heidi was being a bitch too, not just b/c of her predilection against the Germans, but because she knows I hate Irina. emot-mad

I'm glad Nicolas is gone, but I don't really understand why Logan is still there.  This is the first outfit he has made in a while that actually fucking fits right, and it's jeans and overalls.  Might have stood out a bit if practically everyone else hadn't decided to make pants with their stuff, and all better made.

(Dude, I would have loved designing a Greece outfit... rich reds and dark navy blues, a tad vintage, maybe some floral, a tad breezey and homey but chic and figure-flattering.  Of course, that's because when I imagine a fantasy in Greece, I think about food and colorful locals and history, not being a rich chick lounging on the beach and shopping.  :/)

#111 | Back to Top10-23-2009 09:20:25 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

As per, I agree with everything Raven said, and would like to add that Irina's outfit was dumpy - the silhouette looked much better on paper- and when I saw the back I just thought that she had run out of fabric.  Wtf exposed back in cold weather?

I think the other thing I don't like about Irina's outfit was the dumpiness and the exposed back. I guess that's what the faux-fur vest is for. The funny thing is, on another site, they said the cowl neck looked too much like a vagina.

And I loved Carol Hannah's dress, but it just looks like she compiled the beach wear episode's designs.  Then again, it's Palm beach, so what else is she supposed to do?

What's funny is that I don't think that the dress is what she intended to make. She didn't want to pull a Ra'mon and start over. At the end of the day, though, it does look like something from the beachwear episode. Not to mention, it looks like something Uli would make, and on top of that, it's really just a maxi dress.

stuff about Chris fucking up Santa Fe

*headdesk* That was not working for me at all. It was cute. The sky and earth thing was smart, but not for this challenge. I would have attempted some flowy boho-chic foolishness with a color palette that looked like a desert sunset. Oh, and TURQUOISE. Hell, you could have gone completely into left field and made some crazy-ass outfit for Burning Man.

And I want that necklace Gordana made.  Why didn't she win?  I mean, THAT NECKLACE.

Because she totally fucking played herself, no thanks to Heidi's on-going bitchassedness. When she talked about the dress, she totally downplayed it, thus downplaying her ability. Her job is to defend that garment until the judges tell her it's crap, and even then, you should have an adequate defense.

I don't really understand why Logan is still there.

Eye candy. At least the moddles and Carol Hannah own up to it.

(Dude, I would have loved designing a Greece outfit... rich reds and dark navy blues, a tad vintage, maybe some floral, a tad breezey and homey but chic and figure-flattering.  Of course, that's because when I imagine a fantasy in Greece, I think about food and colorful locals and history, not being a rich chick lounging on the beach and shopping.  :/)

I think that's where Chris and Nicolas went wrong. They were on the wrong side of the line that straddles "what I wear to Greece/New Mexico vs. an outfit that evokes the feeling of Greece/New Mexico".

#112 | Back to Top10-30-2009 08:18:40 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Last night sucked ass.

I totally didn't expect them to boot Logan. I thought his pretty blondness would buy him another week with Gordana or ChristoFAIL being his meat shield. His dresses didn't go together at all, but the one he made this week was super edgy...even if he totally stole the collar from Althea.

Christopher had the right idea, but the execution was horrible. Unlike the judges, I thought the top half was dull, and the "bedskirt" had a pseudo-Victorian feel. (That, or I'm just a whore for ruffles) The little flower things looked out of place on this dress, to be honest.

Gordana made a cute, yet incredibly dull, jacket that didn't compliment the dress she made previously. The jacket, while made in a similar style as the dress, was utterly lacking in edginess. Part of it I blame on the length and fabrication. Of the three, I actually would have booted Gordana this week...not that I'm on Heidi's inexplicable hate train or anything.

I love Althea, I do. I'm glad her outfit won, whether she jacked the sweater idea from Meana Irina or not. I can easily see all 6 pieces she made being more-or-less interchangeable.

Carol Hannah's was pretty, and I appreciate the simplicity in the face of the companion piece. She had me worried like Shirin used to make me worry.

Irina's was cute, I'll give her that....but I hate brown so much. Hate. It. I almost squee'd when Nina said she wasn't fond of the dress fabric.

Oh, and why the hell hasn't there been more Nick this season?! I either didn't know or I totally forgot he worked at FIDM, so why the hell have we been subjected to the rotating parade of stand-ins when Nick would have done just fine?!

#113 | Back to Top10-30-2009 09:58:24 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Agreement.

And while I do like brown, and I did like Irina's outfit ( emot-aaa I loved the way the coat opened, the lines created!), wtf Irina.  Over-sized loose-fitting sweaters have been done long before you.  Seriously.  Ego-trip, much?

GAH Christopher.  Really.  Your concept sketch looked so cool.  I kind of wished you had tried to go for a female rocker pantsuit.  Imagine a lesbian rockstar couple wearing your digs to the VMA's.   Man.  The petals.  They looked so horrible going up the back. 

I actually did not care too much for Althea's.  I liked the sweater and the tank, overall the individual elements of the outfit, but I felt that where the pants met the tank was a bit baggy-messy, and not in the good way.  Maybe on a model with a smaller chest?  But hell, I liked Irina not winning too much to really care.  And Raven is right, you could mix and match all the pieces from her two outfits, which is exactly what real designers have to enable their clothes to do.

Eh.  Logan.  Edgy is nice, but even nicer when it isn't an unflattering badly sewn piece of crap.  emot-smile

I cannot wait until the final ep, not because I want this season to be over, but because I fucking want to see what is created when they have more than 30 min to sketch and a day to sew.  You know.  Like ACTUAL designers do.  emot-rolleyes

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (10-31-2009 11:26:33 AM)

#114 | Back to Top11-06-2009 11:11:11 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Okay, is anyone still watching this besides me and OITL?

So, Irina, Carol Hannah, and Althea are the final three. Let me put on my surprised face. emot-rolleyes

I will say, though, that I had Althea in my final three from Day One. As soon as I heard Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood come out of her mouth, I knew it was on. I kind of liked her dress this time, even with the potential puckering, but the top half just fell kind of flat for me. I disagree with Nina, though, that the bottom was overworked.

I almost wanted Irina to use whatever the hell that dead animal was she dragged in from Mood, just to see her work with it and attempt to justify it to the judges. The dress she made was boring as hell to me, and I loved how the judges made the model strip in front of them until it was acceptable. (That is a total ANTM move. Tyra makes the moddles take stuff off at judging all the time.) I mean, THOSE SHOES! What was she thinking? Not to mention, on the aftershow, her model had her hair swept to one side and it would have been gorgeous like that.

I like Carol Hannah, I do. I even liked her dress, and I understand why the judges didn't see the connection between her inspiration and her dress. At the same time, though, that dress wouldn't have had as much of an impact if it was in the same color family as that bed. OH, GOD! THAT BED! etc-love

Gordana made a nice dress, but she's been too iffy for too long to bust out with something good now. I love how Tim was all, "I love that painting, don't fuck it up." Then I was all, "I love Tim Gunn, don't fuck it up, Gordana." I'm way more sad for Matar, though. She's gorgeous. I'll be glad when she stops flatironing her hair.

Christopher seems to suck at fabric choices, specifically when it comes to weight and movement. I'm so glad Nina pointed this out, because I think that's what been bugging me. Carol Hannah isn't trained either, but she can pick fabric that moves.

So next week is the first half of the finale. I'll just mention now that when the runway show happened, it was in the midst of the litigation to get to Lifetime, so the designers didn't come out at the beginning or the end of their presentations. I'm waiting to see how they deal with this in editing.

#115 | Back to Top11-06-2009 11:37:35 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Yah, big surprise on the top three.

Really, Chris just plain old needs more training and experience, and Gordana needs to stick with what she's good at, even if that narrows her field.  (I loved her dress, it's just needed to hug the figure better just below the breasts to get more of a billowing-out feel.

I wanted to see that animal fur, damnit!  That color Irina chose....just bleh and too solid/heavy.  And it was overall too dumpy and old-lady.  The back, though, was undeniably gorgeous.  And I have to admit, I'm starting to like Irina more as a person now, though I am not wholly sure why.  She's a tough chick, and I like that.  I just wish she could not be an egotistical bitch in the process.

I can't wait for the finale, though.

Will Carol Hannah pop out separates?  Will Irina maybe some vibrant color use?  Will Althea wow the crap out of me even more when given time to construct her more elaborate whims?

And are we the only two watching?  I mean, I can kind of understand why.  Not the most stellar season in terms of talent or interesting challenges.

#116 | Back to Top11-06-2009 11:53:30 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I tried to watch, and while I really appreciated the judges themselves this time around, I just honestly could not get at all interested. The contestants were eh, the designs were eh. There was just no creativity to me this season. Granted, I think I only watched three episodes, but even just checking out the results on ONTD didn't make me want to see the process. There isn't a single thing that stood out to me form the entire season, and I checked out the finishes for each show. There's nothing that comes to my mind when I think "Project Runway Season Six" Which isn't the case in previous seasons*. Even the last season, which started out slow, really wowed me towards the end, especially when Leanne finally pulled out all the stops. Her wedding gown was so architectural and editorial -I'd've loved to do a shoot around it, unf unf. 

I dunno. This season just did not gel for me. It never really came together in terms of holding my interest, and I can only think it's because it felt sort of...tired. Which makes me sad. emot-frown

*(first season, jay's chrysler dress, austin's banana republic dress, season two chloe's makeover for nick, season three, michael knight's pam grier, and jeffery's madras dress, season four, chris and christian's amazing couture , season five, leanne's wedding gown)

Last edited by MissMocha (11-06-2009 11:53:43 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#117 | Back to Top11-09-2009 05:11:14 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

MissMocha wrote:

Good stuff.

I know what you mean. That's been the general reaction across the intarwebs. YAWN.

There's been no "Holy shit, that's awesome!" for me this season. As much as I hate Kenley the Crazy Cat Lady, she could plagiarize circles around half the designers this season.

I don't blame it entirely on the contestants, though. I blame it on the lame-ass challenges and the lack of consistent judging. The only challenge that had any real "wow factor" was the movie genre challenge, and half the contestants STILL didn't go all out on it.

And then there's the judging. The only consistent judge has been Heidi, and she's had a stick up her ass all season. (Word has it that this is how she acts on Germany's Next Top Model.) I dunno if she thinks she's filling in for Nina's bitchiness, but she's no Nina. It's not like Nina and Michael went on strike when the show taped. They work in New York, and catching weekly redeye flights get tiring, which means they weren't going to be in every episode. I would have appreciated it if maybe they could have had a rotating schedule: one week of Nina, one week of Michael, and alternate. Thankfully next season, they're going back to New York.

#118 | Back to Top11-15-2009 01:55:36 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Coral Hannah.  Separates.  Yay?

Althea.  Sketches looked awful, but I'm not sure.  He sketches always look ugly to me, and then her stuff turns out great.

Irina.  Almost the opposite.  Her sketches look better than her outfits.  And her collection is all black.  emot-rolleyes

And I don't get this whole 'plagiarism' stuff Irina keeps bringing up.  Perhaps because they didn't give too many glimpses of the clothing?

#119 | Back to Top11-16-2009 06:09:27 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Coral Hannah.  Separates.  Yay?

Yeaaaah, I dunno how that's gonna go. I do know I like that weird purple fluffy dress thingy, though. One of the best things I've seen all season, not that it means much. emot-rolleyes

Althea.  Sketches looked awful, but I'm not sure.  He sketches always look ugly to me, and then her stuff turns out great.

That coat frightens me. It looks heavy and bulky. I hope to God she either ditches it or fixes it. Kinda meh on the rest of it.

Irina.  Almost the opposite.  Her sketches look better than her outfits.  And her collection is all black.  emot-rolleyes

And I don't get this whole 'plagiarism' stuff Irina keeps bringing up.  Perhaps because they didn't give too many glimpses of the clothing?

Well, there was the original shenanigans with the big floppy sweaters. Then when they get to the work room, they both have more big floppy sweaters.

#120 | Back to Top11-17-2009 02:04:03 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Been reading/catching up on Chris March's blog covering Season Six.

It's actually more entertaining than the show... even if I disagree with him from time to time.

#121 | Back to Top11-19-2009 01:57:48 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Irina is a major hypocrite for stealing copyrighted images, while at the same time accusing everyone else of copying her designs (because clearly she invented baggy knit coats emot-rolleyes). She's also a generally unpleasant person all around. Her attitude around Tim Gunn is ridiculously fake, and she tries so hard to present herself as a victim of circumstance. It can be off-putting.

BUT.

She's one hell of a designer. At least in my opinion. I love her conservative color schemes that mainly consist of warm browns, grays, and black. But then, I spend a lot of time in Portland, where the norm is dark murky hues. Her clothes are often beautiful, elegant, and sport the best designs. Plus she specializes in outerwear, which as a Pacific Northwesterner is deep to my rain-drizzled heart. I loved the Aspen design - even if it was a bit early 1960s lavish Hollywood interpretation of Colorado luxury.

Can't wait to see the finale tomorrow!

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#122 | Back to Top11-20-2009 01:16:51 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Cross-posty.

THE FINALE

I'm ambivalent. On one hand, Irina=bitch, on the other, I think she deserved the win. CH's collection was entirely hit and miss and the hits weren't all that ground-breaking.   Overall, there was maybe two outfits in the bunch I actually liked.  Even her prettier stuff just isn't pleasing to me aesthetically.  I'm not a huge fan of the whole ruffly-ribbon horizontally bisecting the front of a dress thing.

Oh, and. WTF UPSIDE-DOWN PYRAMID. Even as an avant garde piece, the top was really the ugly part.  Jellyfish.

Speaking of which, Althea's first knit had squid tentacle sleeves emot-gonk.  Overall, she finally got a chance to show us what she could do with more time and budget.... and pumped out more of the same medium-length-sleeved black jacket/ wide pants combos, which were interchangeable and chic, but not entirely creative or distinct as individual pieces, outfits, or a even as a collection.  It had some really hot outfits, nothing terrible in the batch (expect maybe the aforementioned sweater...) , it was just a little safe and despite her theme, something I had already seen before.

(And I was so disappointed in her silver dress, it looked so promising on the rack, but looked rather bland on the runway.)

Irina took what she already could do, and expanded it. She had an all-black line, and every outfit shone through as its own and well, I wanted to wear all of them, I mean I really really WANT them, even the first I can fantasize wearing to a bitchin' concert or party. She still had a touch of Irina in there, with the big knits and the curvy, cascading lines, but took them up a level with their form. Some were both architecturally inventive and wearable. You wear these clothes out on the street and you will have fucking presence.

Additionally, she avoided the tacky, thick shimmery fabric I hate that CH and Althea both flocked to and went for delicious metallics and leathers instead, utilizing them both for a subtle contrast to the black,interest and function.  And on a subjective note these textures appeal to me more.

And finally, her outfits are flattering for women. Althea's are flattering if you have a cinch waist, long neck and broad shoulders and thin, long legs. If you weigh more than and ounce more than one of their close-rack models, her clothes aren't going to look chic, but baggy and cheap. Irina's play off the curvier parts of a woman's body while slimming the rest.

So. Yeah. She's still a bitch, though. And I would have liked to see what she could do with color. 

HURR AND MAN DID THE JUDGES DO THEIR BEST TO MAKE IRINA SWEAT.

#123 | Back to Top11-20-2009 06:43:37 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

DEAR GOD, WAS THAT BORING!

Anyway, I'm fine with Meana Irina winning. I actually liked her collection because it had an edgy feel to it, and it had that sci-fi feel that Althea thought she was going for but wasn't. I would have liked a bit of color, too, or at least expanding a bit into other neutrals.

Also, there's a bit of drama right now because despite Irina getting rid of the Coney Island images, the text she replaced them with is actually from a New York Magazine article called "Reasons to Love" and they're throwing a hissy fit.

I actually liked Carol Hannah's collection, even if it wasn't cohesive. Hers was the only collection where I went, "Oooh, I like that!" to almost every single piece, even to the upside-down purple pyramid. I can see why she didn't win because when a lot of wonderful pieces that lack a unifying concept are pitted against a cohesive collection that lacked color/variety, cohesiveness wins every time.

I'm just glad Althea didn't win because she disappointed the living fuck out of me. I mean, yay for doing separates, but none of it was cute to me. On top of that, this is nothing I would expect from someone who is inspired by McQueen or Westwood. She was at the forefront of mainstreaming British punk fashion in the 70s and 80s, and he alternates between making gorgeous things and pissing people off. Anyway, I didn't see anything sci-fi about her collection at all. I guess you could stretch it and say that the clothing could be reminiscent of a high-end Firefly or Battlestar Galactica crew member's outfit, but that's about it.

Oh, well....maybe Season 7 will be better when it airs in January. Holy shit....that's less than 2 months away.

#124 | Back to Top11-20-2009 08:22:16 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

2 months?  emot-aaa

At least it's back in NY.

There had better be some better.... everything.

#125 | Back to Top01-02-2010 10:55:24 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

11 days until Season 7.

Based on the contestant bios, this has potential to suck less, especially since moving back to New York means actually having Nina and Michael for the entire bloody season this time.

Board footer