This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top06-20-2010 01:04:18 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

Re: Does anyone else put Utena and Host club together?

I just came across this, and remembered this thread.
Utena ED with Ouran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzmqll_Kes

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#27 | Back to Top06-20-2010 01:59:40 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

purplepolecat wrote:

I just came across this, and remembered this thread.
Utena ED with Ouran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzmqll_Kes

That was really entertaining ^___^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#28 | Back to Top07-28-2010 05:48:06 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Anthy and Kyouya would have a shiny!glasses-fake!smile-off.
And then creepy, unsatisfying sex.

this.

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Also You could totally set whole Host club idea up at Ohtori.

this this this. why has this not occurred before now? could make for some insanely entertaining times!

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#29 | Back to Top07-29-2010 09:03:51 AM

Mai_Kanzaki
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

Ever since this was brought up I had this little scenerio bouncing around my head of Tamaki trying to charm Juri. She's polite but all the while she's compared him to Touga and thinking something along the lines of "Oh gods there's two of them now..."

emot-gonk THINK MUN-KEY!

#30 | Back to Top07-29-2010 11:06:53 AM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Tamaki has purer motives than Touga though, in fact, Tamaki's probably never thought of doing even half of the awful things Touga does.

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#31 | Back to Top07-30-2010 08:10:03 PM

Mai_Kanzaki
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

Oh of course but lets face it they're behavior patterns especially during first impressions is so similiar and Juri strikes me as having developed a bit of an aversion to it. At the very least she's too cynical not to notice the raging ego. Heck I think Touga's just a touch less heavy handed than Tamaki with the flattery.

*k-snerk* Here's a question. Do you think Tamaki would want to recruit any of the student council?

*double snerk* Two words: dueling pianoes. emot-rofl Could Miki have a new man-crush?

emot-gonk THINK MUN-KEY!

#32 | Back to Top07-31-2010 01:21:31 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Mai_Kanzaki wrote:

*k-snerk* Here's a question. Do you think Tamaki would want to recruit any of the student council?

*double snerk* Two words: dueling pianoes. emot-rofl Could Miki have a new man-crush?

I see Tamaki trying to coerce Saionji into joining, while trying to befriend him... I also see Saionji secretly wanting to join all along. He'd be a big hit with the fangirls... I think Tamaki would be jealous of Touga >_> In regards to haruhi I feel that Kiryuu would totally hit that.

((Also your SN reminds me of Battle Athletes and My-Hime simultaneously))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999

#33 | Back to Top07-31-2010 08:26:47 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Melancholic_Soul wrote:

I see Tamaki trying to coerce Saionji into joining, while trying to befriend him... I also see Saionji secretly wanting to join all along. He'd be a big hit with the fangirls... I think Tamaki would be jealous of Touga >_> In regards to haruhi I feel that Kiryuu would totally hit that.

I agree about Tamaki trying to both befriend Saionji and get him to join his host club, and considering how popular he'd be if he joined them, I could see it happening.emot-keke I don't really agree about Tamaki being jealous of Touga, rather, I think that Touga would consider Tamaki and the Host Club as a threat to his popularity; and considering that Touga is essentially the antithesis of Tamaki, that could very well be true. Touga might take an interest in Haruhi, but there is absolutely no way he's getting her. Like I said, Touga is the anti-Tamaki and sooner or later Haruhi would figure that out. Let's not forget about her perceptiveness.school-eng101

Last edited by RhythmFusion (01-29-2012 02:22:34 PM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#34 | Back to Top08-01-2010 10:03:24 AM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

RhythmFusion wrote:

Melancholic_Soul wrote:

I agree about Tamaki trying to both befriend Saionji and get him to join his host club, and considering how popular he'd be if he joined them, I can also see Saionji wanting to join.emot-keke I don't really agree about Tamaki being jealous of Touga, rather, I think that Touga would consider Tamaki and the host club as a threat to his popularity; and considering that Touga is essentially the anti-Tamaki, that could very well be true. Touga might take an interest in Haruhi, but there is absolutely no way he's getting her. Like I said, Touga is the anti-Tamaki and sooner or later Haruhi would figure that out.school-eng101

True enough... Actually thinking about it, I think Touga would flirt mercilessly with Haruhi, even though she wouldn't respond positively. He might get some kind of weird enjoyment from it.

If Touga and Saionji joined, I bet the girls would want them to host together sometimes. Oh! Saionji, Touga, Kaoru,and Hikaru.... in American 1920's  dress.... O__O I feel like Saionji would hate Hikaru...

#35 | Back to Top08-01-2010 10:59:44 AM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Melancholic_Soul wrote:

True enough... Actually thinking about it, I think Touga would flirt mercilessly with Haruhi, even though she wouldn't respond positively. He might get some kind of weird enjoyment from it.

Considering how protective Tamaki is of Haruhi, she's not the only one who wouldn't respond positively.emot-wink

#36 | Back to Top08-01-2010 04:41:25 PM

Mai_Kanzaki
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

But that brings up an improtant point: Haruhi's "passing as a guy" thing. It's much different from Utena's dressing as a "prince" she's still obviously a girl. I can see Touga figuring it out but how? I'd find it amusing if say Utena doesn't catch on. Namami's another candidate for being clueless and thus utterly confused by Touga's behavior.

Lobelia anyone? school-devil

emot-gonk THINK MUN-KEY!

#37 | Back to Top08-01-2010 05:18:25 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I think Juri, Saionji (Hey, he's fairly perceptive when he wants to be) and Miki would all quickly catch onto Haruhi's true gender.  Touga wouldn't stop long enough to care -like Tamaki, he's too busy paying attention to himself and how cool he is.  emot-rofl  I mean, personal space boundaries would be violated either way.

Also, Miki-Kozue versus Kaoru-Hiraku.  Miki doesn't wanna but TOUGH COOKIES.

And I wanna see how Kyouya would win over Nanami (Hey she's loaded and easier prey than Touga...in some ways).

Or Saionji challenge Mori in kendo and be all srsface with him, and then challenge (and get whi-yupped) by Hunny in martial arts.

WHY HASN'T SOMEONE WRITTEN CROSSOVER FIC YET?

#38 | Back to Top08-01-2010 06:18:24 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

That's what I want to know.emot-confused

#39 | Back to Top08-03-2010 03:45:22 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

RhythmFusion wrote:

Cos most Ouran fangirls prefer to write Mary-Sue fics where they get with one of the host club members (Kyoya and the twins are quite popular targets).

#40 | Back to Top08-03-2010 01:32:32 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Tamago wrote:

RhythmFusion wrote:

Cos most Ouran fangirls prefer to write Mary-Sue fics where they get with one of the host club members (Kyoya and the twins are quite popular targets).

I can't wrap my brain around an Ouran Mary-sue fic... because the club members would all out-sue you.  Or stu, to be more precise.

#41 | Back to Top05-30-2011 02:24:42 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Check this out.emot-biggrin
[IMAGE REMOVED, SORRY]

Last edited by RhythmFusion (06-29-2012 10:04:19 PM)

#42 | Back to Top05-31-2011 10:13:02 AM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

^thats really cute XDD

ahh...confession time... im about to graduate hs, and second quarter of this year i wrote a 3 page paper comparing these 2 anime XD i turned it in and got some extra credit emot-dance (it was...english class xD)

Last edited by yuzukelly (05-31-2011 11:36:39 AM)

#43 | Back to Top01-28-2012 09:09:13 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

I recently thought of something. Haruhi seems to have a fair amount of skill in reading people and if Tamaki's conversation with Kanako in episode two is any indication, he's no slouch either. Wouldn't someone like Touga or Akio feel threatened by that if it was made known?emot-confused

Last edited by RhythmFusion (01-28-2012 09:09:37 PM)

#44 | Back to Top01-30-2012 02:38:17 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I think I just want to see Renge otaku-typecast/analyze the SKU cast...

DEBAUCHERY!

Yes! She's cast Saionji as the reformed bad boy, Mikage and Akio as the sadistic semes, Miki as the heroine's childhood friend, and Touga as the slutty androgynous bisexual slathered in body glitter.

Chigusa, Nanami, and Kozue would be the new catty trio who picked on Wakaba and Anthy. Utena would keep her role. Shiori would be the meek studious girl with a crush on an oblivious boy. Wakaba would also gain a huge sweet tooth yet miraculously stay skinny.

Last edited by Riri-kins (01-30-2012 02:41:13 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#45 | Back to Top01-30-2012 02:55:06 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

I don't know about that, I think she learned her lesson the last time she tried that.

My previous question still stands.

Last edited by RhythmFusion (01-30-2012 02:56:19 PM)

#46 | Back to Top01-30-2012 11:24:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

RhythmFusion wrote:

Wouldn't someone like Touga or Akio feel threatened by that if it was made known?emot-confused

Knowing them, they'd just be utterly convinced of their superiority at reading people. emot-rolleyes

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#47 | Back to Top01-30-2012 11:30:19 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

That sounds about right.emot-gonk

Did you see the picture I posted?emot-dance

Last edited by RhythmFusion (01-30-2012 11:31:20 PM)

#48 | Back to Top01-30-2012 11:35:43 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I did! I gotta wonder if Utena would really be so impressed...her opinion of men is pretty dismal overall. emot-redface

Then again, she'd be great in the host club and probably run all the others right out of business.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#49 | Back to Top01-30-2012 11:59:53 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

She's supposed to be having a conversation with him or something, I think between Tamaki's sense of justice and Utena's desire to be princely and save people they could be friends. Honestly, it's just there because I felt like making a crossover picture and I've been trying to revive this thread with something interesting.

Last edited by RhythmFusion (10-05-2013 03:52:11 PM)

#50 | Back to Top01-31-2012 10:32:53 AM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

Wasn't there a rival group from an all girl's school that came after the Ouran hosts?
I'm having a moment picturing their reaction to Juri~

Board footer