This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-10-2008 08:21:30 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Describe your immediate surroundings

I got this idea from the What are you wearing? thread and thought it might be fun. You're obviously on a computer somewhere reading this, so look around and describe the room you're in. Let's see... I'm in my grandparents' house, sitting in a comfy tan armchair with my Apple iMac laptop. There's a big window to my left covered in curtains, my brother is in the room to my right watching TV. A glass-front cabinet against the wall with fragile glass ornaments in it, a table with a bunch of books to its right, and a table with a bunch of photos on its left. When I turn my head to the right there are two adorable pictures of my eight-year old niece, and there's also a clock that's 5 minutes slow on the other portion of that wall.

Your turn!

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#2 | Back to Top10-11-2008 07:52:06 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Re: Describe your immediate surroundings

I'm in a black net, in a dark room. emot-frown
So I can't see the rest of my room. Only my bed.

My Bed's soft in the hard sense- fluffier than most, but really, not cushiony in comparison to actual fluffy objects. I managed to break the box in half a few years ago, but haven't bothered to fix it since, so it has some sinky spaces. To accompany my lovely mahogany gothic reminiscent frame, I have lovely deep, yet still vibrant, red sheets. Not orange, not maroon, not a fire engine, nothing too shady, just a deep red. (Touga, you can suck it.)

I maybe have twelve or so pillows, not including the ridiculous decorative ones- those usually end up falling to the floor once I get in. I have fluffy pillows, pillows for support, pillows that will never leave their spots, leaning against the headboard. They come in my lovely red and black, all solids. (mostly in shams, for I am notorious at stripping pillows naked in my sleep.)

I have the matching red cotton sheet, usually the only one I end up using, along with two of the largely filled, but still loose pillows, and one of the larger firmer ones. I have two duvets, a thinner one that already came in red, and a much larger one, with a matching cover. I don't find myself using either much, and certainly never at the same time. They mostly live thrown at the ends of my bed. Alongside them, I have a black fur and velvet throw that probably weighs as much as me. This never gets used as its far too warm, and really, I don't want to get it cleaned. I also have a deep red crushed velvet throw with patterns imprinted in the fabric, and tassels. This doesn't go on my bed, it goes on my chair. Tassels belong nowhere on my bed. Hrm.

On my bed, I would have me, taking up maybe a fourth of it, and for some reason, on the broken side. The other side would have my computer, Eric and Eryk on a pillow, and my giant blue puppy Porphyria plushie, as he is too big to go anywhere but on my bed. (all the other plushies live on the couch.) My phone, DS and tablet are probably lost somewhere under all the pillows...
...And my computer. It's here too clearly.

And now sleepies YAY.

#3 | Back to Top10-11-2008 03:16:19 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I'm currently in my friend's bedroom, on his computer. There's manga and cd's and Magic cards and a blue Faerie Aisha plushie on the monitor, assorted computer parts and a TV and a PS3 and a closet (that's where his bed is) to my left, totes and a Misa wallscroll and an aquarium of frogs to my back-and left, and a bookcase of manga and figures and other assorted stuff behind me. It's all a bit messy, but it's very comfortable and oddly feels like home.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#4 | Back to Top10-13-2008 04:14:28 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

Library...thousands of small tables that look like asterisks from an aerial view with people plugged in and ready to go...headphones on...some are singing, watching youtube, actually studying and some are just in a zombie like trance

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#5 | Back to Top10-22-2008 12:37:59 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I am in my room, of which there are pictures on the forum somewhere. Big bed, embroidered drapes, velvet, cushions all over, computer desk, and complete lack of food, which I have not yet had today. emot-mad

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top06-01-2009 11:00:04 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, the computer I use to connect to the Internet and thus IRG never leaves the room unless it needs maintenance, so I'll describe the family computer room to you...

It's got a lamp/ceiling fan combo, but I never turn it on when computing. There are two smallish bookcases to my left (which is south, actually -- the computers are on a desk positioned to the west). Both bookcases have lots of paperbacks, a few hardcovers and my collection of CD-ROMs. Among those CD-ROMs are all the original Sims 1 expansion packs, The Sims Deluxe Edition, my UFO: Enemy Unknown CDs (versions 1.2 and 1.4), my Blizzard CDs (Diablo II/D2 Lord of Destruction, Warcraft II BnE, StarCraft/SC Brood War), Towers of Darkness (Heretic/Hexen and their expansions).

To my right (north) is a smallish closet that has the components of the computer which belongs to me nestled amongst furniture bits and clothing. Behind me (east) is an IKEA futon (I believe it's the Lycksele design), which has a broken support rod (I sat on it too hard once). There was a papa-san like moon chair next to the futon, coloured a turquoise cyan combo, but it's in the living room now so I can play Animal Crossing: City Folk without having to stand up. Also, there's a window with the blinds left closed all the time.

The west side of the room has all the hardware. The desktop and its monitor (which is currently being used by the laptop), the laptop, the DSL modem with wireless gateway (I'm using the wireless for my Wii) and an inkjet printer. The printer is in the southwest corner, the table is north of the printer and on the table, from south to north, are the monitor/desktop mouse, laptop, laptop mouse and DSL modem.

Right now, there's no light coming in from the window and no light coming in from the living room (except a bit of incandescent light from the hallway), so it's pretty dark and dreary. The only real illumination I have right now is from the monitor.

And this is what it's like pretty much all the time, except for the ambient lighting.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#7 | Back to Top06-01-2009 11:53:39 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

> LOOK
You are in a medium-sized bedroom with blue carpeting.  WINDOWS on the east and north walls look out onto the YARD, the FOREST, and the neighbor's TERRIER ENCLOSURE.  There is a BED with a BRIEFCASE on it against the west wall.  Above the bed is some shelving that contains a CLARINET, some stuffed FOXES, and assorted DEBRIS.  There is a DESK with MESS and a COMPUTER on it against the south wall.  There are BOOKSHELVES everywhere.  The wallpaper has STARS AND ROCKETS on it.
Obvious exits are: SOUTHWEST (to front hall)

>EXAMINE COMPUTER
Default Windows XP wallpaper with a sailboat and a tropical island.  The computer is running Mozilla Firefox.  Active tab: "In the Rose Garden / Post a reply."

> EXAMINE FOXES
From left to right, their names are Tiresias, Kazuko, Nagi, Moon, Panuru, and Star.  Moon is the eldest.  Panuru is the cuddliest.

> GET YE FOX
You can't get ye fox.

> EXAMINE MESS
Two empty soda cans, two empty quarts of water, two prescription drugs, two well-used checklists of things to do, and scraps of paper with various reminders lie strewn about the desk.  There are also several brass polyhedral DICE.

> EXAMINE STARS AND ROCKETS
This wallpaper has been here longer than you have.  The rockets are big green rectangles with square white windows, a red triangular nosecone, and yellow triangular tail fins for increased aerodynamics.  There are also crescent moons, which, you note with disdain, clearly portray stars that should be obscured by the unilluminated portion of the satellite.

> EXAMINE BOOKSHELVES
There are SEVERAL HUNDRED BOOKS here.  Selected titles include Good Omens; The Intelligence of Dogs; SparkNotes: The Old Testament; Nineteen Eighty-Four; The Bill of Rights: A User's Guide; An Unquiet Mind; the Da Vinci Code; Order of the Stick Book -1: Start of Darkness; Discovering Your Personality Type; Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; Invisible Cities; Watership Down; and Deadly Doses: A Writer's Guide to Poisons.

> READ DEADLY DOSES
You learn that inhaling phosphine gas causes testicular degeneration.  The author notes that "this latter is a great clue."

> GO SW
The front hallway is not yet implemented.

>EXIT

Last edited by satyreyes (06-01-2009 11:55:57 PM)

#8 | Back to Top06-02-2009 01:26:23 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

I'm in a dark room, the light of the monitor providing the only significant source of illumination. I wish that it was off, but I find that it would be rather inconvenient. The chair I am sitting in is new, very much unlike my previous chair in the sense that it has yet to be worn in, that lovely softening of the cushion from the wear of numerous asses spending countless hours in it. The printer/scanner for the computer is sitting on the side table to my right, the only part of the damned thing working is the printer. I am constantly reminded of this when I try and scan my artwork or one of my numerous flowcharts to show the general population. To the right of the side table is the large entertainment system in which dozens of knick-knacks along with two Georgia High School State Championship football rings sit, along with the footbalss themselves. Almost everything in the entertainment system is in the colors of blue and white, the school colors. There are a few DVDs and CDs sitting next to the digital picture frame, out of their cases. In the picture frame there are no pictures of me. I prefer it that way. On another section of the entertainment system sits my display book containing my senior pictures. I hate them. Mother insists that they are displayed. The television is large, but bulky. The screen is covered with dust. I am too lazy to wipe it off. To my right are two windows, taller than me, allowing me visilibity into the darkness of my backyard. The light from the football stadium come on, casting new illumination into the room and allowing me to see parts of my back yard. I wish they were off. To the right of the windows is a green reclining chair, not really a recliner due to the high back, but it still leans back and has a foot rest. It is soft and comfortable, and I easily drift to sleep when I seek solace in its warmth. Just past the chair is the door to my back yard, the blinds drawn shut. I think it is better that way. Past the door is the entrance to the kitchen. The walls are red, and they remind me of blood, which is something that I don't necessarily enjoy. I don't eat much anymore, so I see less and less of those walls. To the right of the entrance into the kitchen is the couch, which generally seats three unless someone's being rude. There are at least eight pillows on the couch (more may be concealed underneath the countable ones), and all of them are limp, almost completely worn out. But no one will bother buying more. The couch itself is very soft and ver deep. When you sit down, you usually have to exert some effort when standing back up, hence the pillows. Nowadays, they hardly serve that purpose. To the right of the couch is a small lamp table. The lamp upon it has a wooden boat on it. Personally, I hate boats. I hate sailing. I hate the feeling of isolation. The boat-lamp makes me cringe a bit. Also upon the table are numerous plastic conatiners in which my mother's nicotine gum used to be. There are still some pieces in it, chewed up, tough, and covered with the aluminum covering that was on the package to begin with. She went from an addiction to cigarettes to an addiction to nicotine gum. I wish she'd have stayed with smoking. Next to the table is my mother's chair. It's stiff and uncomfortable, and it wreaks of her cheap perfume. I never sit there. Everything else is basked in darkness, and I can't very well see it. I wish the entire room were dark. Once again, my computer monitor, coupled with the stadium lights makes this impossible. And now the stadium lights are out.

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#9 | Back to Top06-02-2009 01:26:51 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

satyreyes wrote:

post of text-based RPG awesomeness

This should totally be posting format for this thread from here on out. I'm tired and wiped out, elsewise I'd post mine.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#10 | Back to Top06-02-2009 07:45:01 AM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

In a sun room or whatever you call it since it's nice and warm here and private in my aunt's house.  Mostly huge trees and high mountains from all directions.  A river is in the back.  Should probably go hiking again.

#11 | Back to Top06-02-2009 02:20:43 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

satyreyes wrote:

> GET YE FOX
You can't get ye fox.

*giggles* Yay for a Thy Dungeonman reference! poptart

Behind me is my bed, dresser, and two bookshelves. The bookshelves are actually organized more neatly then I realized and there are my leftover frappucino, several Flogging Molly cds, my leftover frappucino, my jewelry box, awards, diploma, and pictures on top of them. My bed has a nice striped coverlet and two goose feather pillows.

To my right is my vanity, and it's a mess. o_0' I have two caboodles below it, but I never use them.  A Honey and Clover and NANA poster are on the wall next to it.  There's also a big window with pine trees as far as the eye can see outside. I love my room.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#12 | Back to Top06-02-2009 05:31:07 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

One of those annoying library tables that has several computers separated only by a weird divider....thing.... I'll write this up in more detail when I'm in my actual home. If I can ever get the internet back, damnit.

20 threads dead so far.

#13 | Back to Top06-03-2009 10:45:59 AM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Lady Chani wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

post of text-based RPG awesomeness

This should totally be posting format for this thread from here on out. I'm tired and wiped out, elsewise I'd post mine.

I second this! Totally awesome. This may be a bit strange, but it reminds me of those 1st person POV Nancy Drew mystery computer games (which are far more awesome and immersive than the books ever were). I wish I had a bookshelf to fit hundreds of books. Right now all of mine are cluttered in boxes up in the attic.

spoon-san, that sounds like an awesome place!

I'm also very impressed by how much effort PrinceoftheLostEternity put into it.

Cool, didn't expect to see much from this thread of mine. emot-dance

Last edited by Like_Autumn (06-03-2009 10:46:29 AM)

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#14 | Back to Top06-03-2009 05:19:47 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

At my computer desk, which is cluttered with random cds, books, markers, a camera, phone, and mug. emot-smile

To my right is a stack of books on the floor, and to my left is a fan, tv, and playstation 2. My room is pretty much one big mess, but I like it.

Board footer