This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top09-15-2007 11:31:51 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: Dreams

I dreamed... that I was on the phone at night... and the last words out of my mouth after saying goodbye were, "I love you."

Or was it not a dream? I'm not even sure. I'm pretty sure it was, but...

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#152 | Back to Top09-16-2007 12:13:44 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Man, today's dream was one of the nicest but the most embarrasing dreams, I've ever had. I was dreaming that my best friend introduced me to a Dark Elf (Drow) female, and she told me, that she wanted to have sex with me. It ended in my bedroom, but sadly, as I have no experience in real sex, I woke up before I got orgasm...emot-gonk . Now isn't that bad luck?

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#153 | Back to Top09-16-2007 01:10:24 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I think perhaps dreaming about having sex with a Drow symbolizes something. Female Drow are very fierce and aggressive after all, and use their men as they see fit.

#154 | Back to Top09-16-2007 01:26:08 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Maybe subconsciously I dream about such a dominatrix? But I don't think its probable, because I always dreamt of a princess-like, romantic female emot-tongue

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#155 | Back to Top09-16-2007 05:39:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Female Drow are very fierce and aggressive after all, and use their men as they see fit.

I think I know what I'm going as for Halloween now. emot-biggrin

I dreamt something or other just now that vaguely involved kemmer, which is the cyclic breeding habit of a species in the book I'm reading. It's out of my head now, which sucks because I'd very much meant to post it here, since it was kinda jarring somehow to me. I am almost positive it also involved the forum.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#156 | Back to Top09-16-2007 11:01:44 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I dreamt something or other just now that vaguely involved kemmer, which is the cyclic breeding habit of a species in the book I'm reading. It's out of my head now, which sucks because I'd very much meant to post it here, since it was kinda jarring somehow to me. I am almost positive it also involved the forum.

What's this about the forum's breeding cycle? We're in heat, right!!! emot-rofl

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#157 | Back to Top09-16-2007 03:33:54 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Frosty wrote:

We're always in heat around here. emot-biggrin

Anyway, I had this odd dream last night about me being the live audience for some weird hybrid of The View and Saturday Night Live. It looked like the stage from Inside the Actors Studio, though. I think the strangest part is that for some reason Janeane Garofalo and Daria were there.

This is yet more proof that I watch too much TV.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#158 | Back to Top09-16-2007 04:01:58 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

I had a dream I was in a photo shoot, except I wasn't getting the poses right in the area we were in.  My hair was really long and there were a few braids, and I was wearing a yellow shirt.  So we moved into the sunlight, and I made a circle with my arms in the air and the photographer said it was the best and I'd make a lot of money from that shot.  So I walked back to my house singing the "nanana's" from America's Next Top Model song.

I was watching a marathon of ANTM before I went to sleep, too.

#159 | Back to Top09-16-2007 04:58:01 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Yeah, I know that I keep writing about lucid dreams, so one more can't hurt, right? (I'm just gonna copy and paste it from my journal. It's from almost a month ago.)

I somehow ended up in the ocean at Maryland, and the waves were getting really big. At first, they were just big enough to make me go to shore quicker, but then they became so big that I knew they were going to kill me if they hit. Apparently by this point I knew that I was dreaming, because I pointed my hand up towards the wave and stopped it before it could crash down onto earth.

Even so, it would still the middle of a hurricane at Ocean City, so I tried to find shelter. At first I thought that I should probably try to call mom, because she would be really worried, but then I remembered that it was just a dream, so it wouldn't matter. As I walked towards the boardwalk, I looked back at the waves, and used my hand to control how big they got, kind of as though I was playing with them. I tried to find shelter inside of a random house.

Inside of the house I entered was an old woman who seemed to be a centaur, but one of her legs was floating next to where it should be, and it wasn't quite attached to her body. I remember she had a young boy with her who might have been a servant. I find it interesting that I was still encountering things that didn't make sense while I was aware of dreaming, though I don't remember much about what happened when I was in there.

What I do remember was leaving the house with the old centaur after the storm had ended. Apparently now that the storm was over, I had time to let in sink in that this was a lucid dream, so I wanted to do whatever I wanted. I ran around in circles, and this time I did remember to flail my arms, so I won't have to worry about trying that ever again. I win. But then I tried to think of growing wings, I lost lucidity. Happens every time.

I find it fascinating that my dreams continue to produce landscaping and events even while I'm aware that it's a dream. Next time I have a lucid dream, I think that I'll just explore.

#160 | Back to Top09-16-2007 05:32:43 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Frosty wrote:

I haven't smelt any hot babes in heat for a while so my mating season is off for now, at least all the blood will go to the right head for the time being.

#161 | Back to Top09-16-2007 10:31:28 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Female Drow are very fierce and aggressive after all, and use their men as they see fit.

I think I know what I'm going as for Halloween now. emot-biggrin

Intensely sexy as I find that, I don't think you have the right coloring...

#162 | Back to Top09-17-2007 02:30:58 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had an IRG related dream last night. Gio, Epi, dollface, and I all went skiing together, or maybe we just bumped into each other at the same mountain, or something. I think I had another IRG dream a while ago that involved skiing, so I kind of wonder what the connection is. In my dream, Gio was also telling me that she tried to install The Sims, but it wasn't working because of her graphics card, but I said that it should work, even with a bad graphics card, since it did on one of my old computers. (Actually, I've been reading on a different forum that some of the newer expansion packs do require a better graphics card.)

I also had my millionth Zelda related dream just as I was waking up. I think that it was my subconscious' way of reminding me that I never finished taking all of those pictures on Wind Waker, because I dreamt that I did.

#163 | Back to Top09-28-2007 06:35:14 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Wow... that was freaky... O_o

I had a dream just today. Something about my papers. Friend of mine (I can't recall the face. It's all in the dream) wants to read my papers, and I told her sure. But when I try looking for it, it was nowhere to be found! emot-gonk I felt that I spent hours on end looking for it... How did I wake up? When I asked myself out of the blue, "Wait, did I even HAVE this class?!"

#164 | Back to Top09-28-2007 07:01:23 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I dreamt about Samara, from The Ring, and one of the characters from a novel I am writing. He had just climbed out of Samara's well and I asked him how he managed to get out without ruining his nails. To which he replied that he simply used the ladder...and then I hear Samara, in the well, asking "There's a ladder?!" emot-rofl
It was...amusing.

Last edited by Nocturnalux (09-28-2007 07:03:26 AM)

#165 | Back to Top09-28-2007 09:17:29 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Nocturnalux wrote:

I dreamt about Samara, from The Ring, and one of the characters from a novel I am writing. He had just climbed out of Samara's well and I asked him how he managed to get out without ruining his nails. To which he replied that he simply used the ladder...and then I hear Samara, in the well, asking "There's a ladder?!" emot-rofl
It was...amusing.

If there REALLY is a ladder in that well, I'd probably kick myself if I were Samara. Makes me wonder if Utena kicked herself when she finally realized that there's an elevator to the arena.

#166 | Back to Top09-28-2007 10:20:44 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I had a dream which in I was trying to catch the train but it always moved away when I came. emot-mad

#167 | Back to Top10-01-2007 05:02:51 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Hiraku wrote:

Nocturnalux wrote:

It was...amusing.

If there REALLY is a ladder in that well, I'd probably kick myself if I were Samara. Makes me wonder if Utena kicked herself when she finally realized that there's an elevator to the arena.

Heh, even if there is a ladder there would still be the stone covering the well. Poor Samara was doomed from the start.

And I finally had a SKU related dream! emot-dance First time that happened. I must write lest I forget. *note to self: resume my dream journal*
I was at an aquarium to swim with dolphins. Only for some reason I ended up at this bunker-like room next to the aquarium itself. And there was...Mikage! Happilly sitting at a swivel chair and smiling at me from across the room. There were other people around but they remained silent the whole time. Mikage looked extremely young and very carefree, I remember thinking how shiny and pink his hair seemed. I wanted to touch the pretty hair emot-keke
At one point he got up, next thing I know he is telling me that there were two metalcore bands that were supposed to have played the previous day but had failed to so. So he wanted me to sue them on behalf of the people he was representing. I have no clue why he should ask me for such a thing or why he would want to sue anyone...I just wanted to pet the nice shiny hair. Still, in the dream I seemed to know a lot about these bands because I produced some pics that showed that they had died. Guess how...they had burnt to death. Why I would be in the possession of these pics, in which the poor musicians were charcoal, is beyond me. At any rate I told him that I could not sue dead people and he took it remarkably well. In fact he seemed thrilled and asked me to forget about the lawsuit affair and have some coffee with him. I gladly accepted.

Now that I think about it, he probably burnt down the musicians. During the dream I did not consider that. I was too enthralled by the nice pink hair. It was so shiny emot-keke

#168 | Back to Top10-02-2007 06:51:25 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I like your dream a little better than mine. You ever have one of those dreams where you wake up, but you're still dreaming? It was sort of like that.

I was online, chatting with someone...I don't remember who, and twenty or thirty other people hopped in. No, wait, before that I was watching some video on the screen...I don't really remember it, but I recall not liking it...Madonna may have been involved. So then, it switches to another video, and all these people hop in, and I can't close anything. I'm getting pissed off, and my roommate is laughing at me, and I finally push the reset button, yelling at my computer that I'm the one in charge here. (that part has happened in real life emot-redface). I ask my roommate what the hell was going on there, and he says he thinks it may have been a virus in my chat program. For some bizarre reason, my antivirus is also in my chat program, so I can't get to it because every time I open the chat program, the virus kicks in again.

Here's where things get weird. I'm suddenly inside a MMORPG, I had WoW in mind, but it wasn't that. Several of my friends were there, and I kept asking them how I could get out, and they'd tell me to access my menu. I told them I didn't know how to do that, getting frustrated, and they told me it had something to do with these buttons on the back of my head. Duh. I was done with them by this point, so I wandered off on my own. I fell in with these four unsavory types, who were trying to talk me into doing something unsavory...some sort of heist. We got on a train, and one of them started explaining the virus to me, and said that the only way to get rid of it was to format the hard drives to erase all data. "Whoever thought it up was a genius" they said, and I started to get suspicious. At some point, I seduced one of them, trying to turn her to my side against the others, but it didn't work. Anyway, we got to an airport, another one of them disguised herself as security, and the caper was on. I think there was an orangutan involved...I ran into my buddy Rick, who is the sort of guy you'd want by your side in just such a situation (he's loyal and pretty unscrupulous), and I tried to explain the mess to him without tipping my hat to my co-conspirators. It worked I guess, somehow we got away. We were running through these dim corridors, when he started laughing and I realized he'd been behind the whole thing. I confronted him, he pulled a gun, and...I BIT HIS HEAD AND SHOULDERS RIGHT OFF! The girl disguised as security ran up, and I bit her in half. Then I was out of the game, and Rick and I were reminiscing about how I beat him. "You cheated" he told me. "Damn right I did".emot-confused

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#169 | Back to Top10-02-2007 11:36:34 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Bizarre, Stormcrow!  Wow.

I always feel like other people have these rich, detailed dreams.  If I have dreams like that, I don't remember them; I remember flashes, or premises, but I think my subconscious has ADD, because we never seem to stay in one dream for very long before it turns into an unrelated dream.  The exception is nightmares, which stick around longer, I guess in order to make their point?  But I don't get those too often.

I frequently "wake up" absolutely convinced that I can check my email while lying in bed with my eyes closed using the power of my mind.  When I do this, I usually find an email that's exciting or really scary, and I wake up either disappointed or relieved that it wasn't real.  I keep falling for it, though!

#170 | Back to Top10-02-2007 06:13:33 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Stormcrow wrote:

I like your dream a little better than mine. You ever have one of those dreams where you wake up, but you're still dreaming? It was sort of like that.

I know the feeling...those dreams can be very disturbing. In movies that kind of "dream within a dream" tends to feel like a very lame trick but when one does have such a dream it is almost always rather confusing.
Which reminds me, last night I had a scary albeit very short dream. I was in front of a movie theatre talking to someone, late at night. At one point Boogiepop Phantom, from the anime series, appears in front of me. Those familiar with the anime will probably agree that meeting such a character is enough to frighten anyone. Although I was freaked to the nth degree I actually asked him whether he was taking me to meet Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. Thankfully Boogiepop simply melted/faded away and thus my sanity was preserved.

#171 | Back to Top10-02-2007 06:35:45 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I had an Utena dream last night. I dreamt I had to kiss Chu-Chu in order to turn him into Touga. Since I don't really like Touga, I didn't really want him around. But then Wakaba (for some reason) showed up and was REALLY insistent about me kissing Chu-Chu. She kept stalking me and jabbing me with hatpins until I finally tried to sic Campus Security on her. Finally, I'm in this dark hallway and Chu-Chu's standing at the end with a gun.

"If you don't kiss me," he says in a perfect German accent, "I'll blow your brains out."

I'm like, "FINE." And I kiss him. As this happens, I feel him start to transform into this giant dark demonic man. And I say, "But you're not Touga!"

"I know!" Graz'zt (see my post in SKU forums) laughs. "I'm a tricky bastard, aren't I?" Then he shoots me and I wake up.

In hindsight, it was kind of funny.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#172 | Back to Top10-02-2007 08:07:38 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Nocturnalux wrote:

At one point Boogiepop Phantom, from the anime series, appears in front of me. Those familiar with the anime will probably agree that meeting such a character is enough to frighten anyone. Although I was freaked to the nth degree I actually asked him whether he was taking me to meet Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. Thankfully Boogiepop simply melted/faded away and thus my sanity was preserved.

That is fricking creepy, dude.  Boogiepop's [[a girl]], though.

Jellineck, are you serious?  I really need to trade brains with someone who has entertaining dreams.  emot-frown

Last edited by satyreyes (10-02-2007 08:08:25 PM)

#173 | Back to Top10-02-2007 09:02:05 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I actually am completely serious. Ever since I've taken up dream analysis and a bit of lucid dreaming, they've just been getting weirder and more vivid. A lot of creepy stuff going on with my dreaming, so I wouldn't recommend switching brains. Let's just say when you get an invitation from the Indigo Children...eh...

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#174 | Back to Top10-04-2007 05:53:33 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

satyreyes wrote:

Nocturnalux wrote:

At one point Boogiepop Phantom, from the anime series, appears in front of me. Those familiar with the anime will probably agree that meeting such a character is enough to frighten anyone. Although I was freaked to the nth degree I actually asked him whether he was taking me to meet Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. Thankfully Boogiepop simply melted/faded away and thus my sanity was preserved.

That is fricking creepy, dude.  Boogiepop's [[a girl]], though.

I have only seen a few episodes thus far so I had not idea! Either way, it was a very creepy dream. I never seriously tried dream analysis but I do keep a dream journal and I have noticed that re-reading the entries from a few years ago and confronting them with more present dreams I was capable of discerning patterns that I had failed to notice. A few images will re-appear in very different contexts, for example. It is rather interesting, my dreams tend to be highly detailed and make for good albeit twisted reads.

Last night I had a strange dream. I was walking down the street and thinking about the Rose Bride truly represents when I look to my right and see a brown horse floundering about. It is clearly very sick as it cannot get back on its legs and keeps falling and trying to get up. I feel very sad for the horse but I am pretty sure it is going to die and there is nothing I can go one way or another. I remember thinking that it would make me uncomfortable to watch it suffer so I should just get moving and forget the incident as soon as possible. But for some reason I keep watching it struggle and foam at the mouth. I notice plenty of people going about their daily business without doing anything and this makes me furious. It seemed to me that they ought to do something and that it is cruel and unusual to simply ignore the animal's agony...even though I was not doing a thing to stop it either (the irony did not strike me in the dream).
Eventually I decide to call some animal protection service and let them handle it. So I start looking for a phonebooth and pass a jeep. I asked the people in the jeep if they have a pen so that I can write down the phone number but they pretty much ignore me. I get quite angry and walk into a nearby phonebooth, next to which is another phonebooth where two kids are dialing a number. I get cheered up and ask them whether they too are contacting the animal protection service but they are not which gets me extremely angry all over again. I somehow find the number and start dialing myself, while from the glass of the booth I can still see the horse struggling and falling over and over again.
That's when the dream ends, unfortunately...but another one started, a rather short one. Touga was talking with his mother who wore an outfit similar to his. Apparently she had been calling the shots on all of Touga's manipulative moves. It was a tad disturbing.

#175 | Back to Top10-04-2007 06:22:27 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I kinda had a lucid dream this morning. I can only remember the end of it and it involves Anthy wearing a very cute nurse's outfit, holding a syringe. It looked like the cover of Blink 182's Enema of the State CD.

Then I unknowingly decided that Dr. Muraki from Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness) would make it even better....and it did. etc-wankgirl

Then I woke up.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

Board footer