This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-05-2007 12:56:22 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Utena Story - VSE First Two Pages: May Contain Mature Content

Hi! This is the first two pages for my Utena story, Virtual Star Embryology. It focuses on the character Ebony Dent at her day job. For more information on her homeworld, Earth-22, I suggest looking up Kingdom Come on Wikipedia. Contains a sex change joke and references to Monty Python. Enjoy and review, there will be more. THERE! WILL! BE! MORRRRRRRRE!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello and welcome to the Metropolis Crime Hotline. If you or a friend have been the victim of a crime, press one. If you would like to report a crime in your neighborhood, press two. If you’ve spotted Michael Jackson, Pete Townsend, or Britney Spears in your neighborhood, press three and a S.W.A.T. team will be combing through your neighbor’s yard in five minutes or less or your pizza is free. And now for something completely different. 

Planet Krypton, Metropolis, New York, Earth-22

Man:
I ordered this over an hour and a half ago! And now it’s ice cold.

Ebony:
I’m sorry sir. Most of the staff has been out sick and we’re shorthanded today. If you’d like something else-

Man:
Forget it. I’m leaving, but I won’t pay for it.

<The short-tempered man gets up in a huff, takes his jacket from the girl at the coat-rack>

Ebony:
Thank you, come again…

<The man slams the glass doors behind him, shaking some of the items in the display cases>

Ebony:
Asshole.

(That’s me, Ebony Dent. I’m seventeen and this is the world I live in. I work as a waitress at a theme restaurant called Planet Krypton. The outfit I am currently wearing is part of the theme here. Besides being stockpiled with pieces of superhero history, the staff has to dress up like superheroes. As luck would have it I got stuck wearing a Rac Shade costume. Almost no one knows who that is and it gets really frustrating having to tell them who he is. It’s like explaining nuclear physics to a dead parrot)

<Flashback>

Ebony:
Hello, welcome to Planet Krypton, may I take your order?

Man:
What superhero are you supposed to be?

Ebony:
I’m Shade.

Man:
I thought that was Shade.

The man points to a waiter dressed like the Shade.

Ebony:
No, that’s the Shade. I’m Shade the Changing Man, there’s a difference.

Man:
What’s the difference?

Ebony:
The Shade controls darkness. I control madness and for some reason go through different hairstyles every five minutes. And I even used to own a hotel.

Man:
How can you control madness?

Ebony:
It’s the jacket.

Man:
Why can it control madness?

Ebony:
Because it was made in a place called Meta.

Man:
What’s Meta?

Ebony:
I have no idea. So, what would you-

Man:
Are you from Meta?

Ebony:
Yes.

Man:
So how could you not know?

Ebony:
Because the last person who had this costume lost the description and for some reason involving a microwave and a poodle, no one likes to talk about him. All the information I got came from the boss, and he nearly threw up when he saw me wearing this.

Man:
What happened to your hotel?

Ebony:
I burnt it down for the insurance money, then squandered it on internet stock. That’s how I got this wonderful job. Anything else, or are you ready to order?

Man:
Yeah, why are you wearing a man’s costume?

Ebony:
Because I can’t afford the surgery.

Man:
Really? Me too!

<End Flashback>

(At least the parrot doesn’t respond)

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

#2 | Back to Top12-05-2007 08:05:32 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: Utena Story - VSE First Two Pages: May Contain Mature Content

Critique: If this is the first two pages of VSE, I'd absolutely love to see the rest of the story! emot-dance You've done well in the first little glimpse we get of Ebony. I hope the story continues to evolve like the first two pages suggest it does. emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

Board footer