This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#176 | Back to Top09-25-2009 06:55:46 PM

Agito
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Re: Fans of Le Television

So I watched a couple episodes of Glee with my friend.

We both though the pilot was random in a funny way. After maybe two episodes...we decided it wasn't worth watching anymore. It became less funny and too many characters just started to annoy us.

#177 | Back to Top09-26-2009 09:15:52 AM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

i so totally cannot wait for USA's White Collar.  i mean, i'm mad that USA censored the boykiss out of American Pie 2, but seriously, the COMMERCIALS for White Collar are, like, my favorite thing on tv.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#178 | Back to Top09-27-2009 06:45:38 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Okay, so in the last month, I've watched the first 2 seasons/series of Red Dwarf(up to the "Holly's Hop Box" episode), and the season/series of Doctor Who with the 9th Doctor.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#179 | Back to Top09-28-2009 03:07:13 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Okay, so in the last month, I've watched the first 2 seasons/series of Red Dwarf(up to the "Holly's Hop Box" episode), and the season/series of Doctor Who with the 9th Doctor.

RED DWARF etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love Although personally, I think it really gets good from season four onward. Season five is hands-down the best series. IT HAS MR. FLIBBLE.

As for the Eccles...OH, GOD. I'm not a huge fan of David Tennant's Doctor, but Christopher Eccleston's...whoa. I think I find David's Doctor too human too often (although when he goes nuts, he goes NUTS). Christopher's, however...I never quite lost the feeling he was alien, and I loved it. school-devil AND THE EMPTY CHILD. Bloody Steven Moffat, and his scary-ass episodes. Wait until you see Blink. emot-aaa

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#180 | Back to Top09-28-2009 11:40:04 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Why on earth do I watch Wife Swap?  It's the same thing every episode and the sexism drives me up the fucking wall.

And yet.....I just.....cannot.....stop.....

#181 | Back to Top09-29-2009 06:42:30 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

hollow: Anyone besides me looking forward to Dollhouse?

YES! poptart etc-love poptart

Just finished getting season 1 here in Australia (on pay tv), and am hopeful it was popular enough to rate a season 2. Was it?
Besides being a big Joss Whedon fan, I love Eliza Dushku (although I'm prob not spelling her name right heh) and think she does a bang-up job as Echo. Some cool ideas on identity are tossed around in the series, and it's the right kind of fantasy genre to keep me interested. You're a fan too, hollow?

We had an episode set in the future aired in Australia after the finale, that was advertised as 'not played in the USA'. Is that true? It basically gave away a lot of Dollhouse secrets and had many new actors in it. It sorta reminded me of what Serenity was to Firefly, and I wondered if Joss feared he wouldn't get to make another season of Dollhouse...

#182 | Back to Top09-29-2009 01:36:19 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

also, can we please, please, please talk about Skins?

#183 | Back to Top09-29-2009 06:37:40 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

sharnii wrote:

hollow: Anyone besides me looking forward to Dollhouse?

YES! poptart etc-love poptart

Just finished getting season 1 here in Australia (on pay tv), and am hopeful it was popular enough to rate a season 2. Was it?
Besides being a big Joss Whedon fan, I love Eliza Dushku (although I'm prob not spelling her name right heh) and think she does a bang-up job as Echo. Some cool ideas on identity are tossed around in the series, and it's the right kind of fantasy genre to keep me interested. You're a fan too, hollow?

We had an episode set in the future aired in Australia after the finale, that was advertised as 'not played in the USA'. Is that true? It basically gave away a lot of Dollhouse secrets and had many new actors in it. It sorta reminded me of what Serenity was to Firefly, and I wondered if Joss feared he wouldn't get to make another season of Dollhouse...

emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa

.....I didn't hear about this secret episode!

But it does look like he got his season 2 after all - the premire was delayed a week in the states. We don't have TV so I always have to wait to watch stuff online but I always catch up eventually. But yes I'm a big fan -- of Joss' stuff in general, and so far I've really been liking Dollhouse. Nice to see another fan!

20 threads dead so far.

#184 | Back to Top10-01-2009 07:47:47 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Yay hollow. emot-biggrin Aw, it's sad you didn't get to see that extra ep. I shoulda taped it...

#185 | Back to Top10-01-2009 11:47:44 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Another Dollhouse (pseudo) fan here! I say pseudo because I still haven't finished catching up with season 1. But from what I saw, I liked. emot-biggrin

#186 | Back to Top10-01-2009 09:36:41 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Clarice wrote:

RED DWARF etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love Although personally, I think it really gets good from season four onward. Season five is hands-down the best series. IT HAS MR. FLIBBLE.

Oh, that's good, then. I'm watching series/seasons 3 and 4 this weekend because Doctor Who is unavailable on NetFlix.

What gets me about the series is that I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about Rimmer. Sometimes he's an asshole. Sometimes he's a magnificent bastard. Then, other times I just find him pathetic. and even that runs the gamut between "kicked puppy" and "questioning your value in society".

As for the Eccles...OH, GOD. I'm not a huge fan of David Tennant's Doctor, but Christopher Eccleston's...whoa. I think I find David's Doctor too human too often (although when he goes nuts, he goes NUTS). Christopher's, however...I never quite lost the feeling he was alien, and I loved it. school-devil AND THE EMPTY CHILD. Bloody Steven Moffat, and his scary-ass episodes. Wait until you see Blink. emot-aaa

David Tennant is basically my first Doctor. I caught the most recent series here in the States on the SciFi channel last year. Now I'm backtracking to understand stuff.

I  totally see what you mean when you say Christopher Ecceleston plays the Doctor as more alien than Tennant does. I like it in the sense that he's always "on", even when he's not. He seems like the kind of guy that's always thinking, even when he's sleeping.

Is Empty Child the one that happens during WWII? Loved it. My favorite aspect of the series is that everything eventually ties together. My other favorite aspect of the series is Captain Jack. Rowr. etc-wankgirl

#187 | Back to Top10-02-2009 02:30:08 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

season 3 finale of Skins is airing next week on BBCAmerica!  no spoilers please!  but personally i hope Effy chooses neither Cook nor Freddy.  and why is BBCA referring to it as season 2?  <---question to which i know the answer.
i just etc-love the complicated relationship (that you'd expect to be so simple) between Freddy/Cook/JJ and the simple old-fashioned friendship between the complicated, complicated Effy and Pandora.
Captain Jack was my favorite character ever, and then season 3 of Torchwood RUINED him.  how dare they.  it's obvious that the dude who wrote it has never been a grandfather.  ARGH!
anybody watching One Life To Live?

#188 | Back to Top10-03-2009 05:32:59 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Arki: Another Dollhouse (pseudo) fan here!

Yay. etc-love

#189 | Back to Top10-21-2009 03:15:21 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

White Collar premieres the day after tomorrow.  i'm so excited about this i feel a bit like a Really Crazy Fangirl.  anyone else gonna watch?

#190 | Back to Top10-21-2009 03:19:47 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

...Hasn't Big Bang Theory been really funny the past few eps in terms of parody?  It's been awesome I think!

20 threads dead so far.

#191 | Back to Top10-21-2009 05:32:25 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

New episode of Venture Borthers aired last Sunday.  On one hand OMFG VENTURE BROS SQUEE LOVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN BRB, on the other, some of the things that were changed did make me a bit sad.  I adjust so badly to change.  emot-gonk  But not gonna complain about the increase in Sargeant Hatred screen time, no Sir-ee Bob.

Also.

"Wait....you guys are Nazi's!"

"Mein, we're not!"

#192 | Back to Top10-29-2009 10:56:49 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Say anyone watch Castle?

Anyone watching mostly because it's Nathan Fillion?

If so be sure to check out the Halloween ep, the first 5 minutes are hilariously filled with 4th wall breaking references. emot-rofl

20 threads dead so far.

#193 | Back to Top10-30-2009 07:55:05 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

Himeohji Kagaya wrote:

White Collar premieres the day after tomorrow.  i'm so excited about this i feel a bit like a Really Crazy Fangirl.  anyone else gonna watch?

Whoever the blue-eyed art thief is, he's gorgeous.

hollow_Rose wrote:

Say anyone watch Castle?

Anyone watching mostly because it's Nathan Fillion?

I will now. emot-biggrin

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#194 | Back to Top10-30-2009 08:28:54 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I'm always tickled whenever people go all ZOMG NATHAN FILLION!!!!!11!!1!  because I remember watching him on One Life to Live when I was a teenager. He actually came back to the show for a few days in 2007 when they killed off his character's grandfather because the actor was retiring.

#195 | Back to Top10-31-2009 01:23:12 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I'm always tickled whenever people go all ZOMG NATHAN FILLION!!!!!11!!1!  because I remember watching him on One Life to Live when I was a teenager. He actually came back to the show for a few days in 2007 when they killed off his character's grandfather because the actor was retiring.

That's hilarious, I didn't know he was in soaps.

20 threads dead so far.

#196 | Back to Top11-02-2009 03:11:19 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

Hi everyone, I'm back! But to get straight to the topic, does anyone still watch The Big Bang Theory? I recall it being mentioned in this thread last year. I watch it almost religiously because I've been in love with Jim Parsons, but these last couple episodes lack the oomph the previous two seasons had. Some of it is just getting ridiculous. emot-frown Then again, that's what usually happens to sitcoms.

Agito wrote:

So I watched a couple episodes of Glee with my friend.

We both though the pilot was random in a funny way. After maybe two episodes...we decided it wasn't worth watching anymore. It became less funny and too many characters just started to annoy us.

I'm actually still paying attention to Glee just because my friend makes me. I totally agree that all the characters drive me up the wall. I absolutely cannot stand either Quinn nor Rachel. I'm really trying to be patient with it, hoping it might be better again? emot-frown

#197 | Back to Top11-13-2009 03:00:32 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Ladies, gentlemen, and those who identify otherwise,

Dollhouse has been canceled.

#198 | Back to Top11-15-2009 01:26:33 AM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Ladies, gentlemen, and those who identify otherwise,

Dollhouse has been canceled.

I knoooow. I just heard I'm so sad to see it go.

20 threads dead so far.

#199 | Back to Top11-17-2009 02:07:36 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I have seen WAAAAY too much Degrassi. I blame my sister.
I already seem to know most the characters and their problems, and this worries me.

Also, George Lopez, you're not funny. Saw Lopez Tonight, and it BUUURNT. BADLY.
Was it a bad episode? Maybe tonight's was just bad and the others were better. Who knows. But god it was horrible. I think he's trying REEEALLY hard to be Cheech Marin or something.

(And I SWORE I thought he introduced his band as EL CILANTRO. But they were Ese Vatos. Which as the entire world knows, means Those Elevators to me. ...Learning by immersion clearly doesn't work for me.)

#200 | Back to Top11-20-2009 09:59:36 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Bloody hell, I'm talkative today. emot-redface

So, there's an update on the Daria DVDs. Read here.

TL;DR? Let me summarize.

The Powers That Be are looking to release it as a Complete Series Box Set, movies and all. They are also scouring the earth for any and all bonus footage. The episodes and movies themselves will be the original MTV versions, not the bowdlerized version from Noggin/The N.   However, they didn't get the rights to the original music, so "substitutions" will be made in the form of either a cover or "the next best thing".

Release date is still set for Fall 2010, but there's a chance it could be out in Spring 2010. Prices haven't been released yet, but the magic word floating about is "very reasonable".

Board footer