This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top08-22-2008 09:03:51 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: [RP] Utena 2: Ohtori Academy

Noah slowed her pace down a slight bit, letting the girl catch her breath a slight bit.  "I woke up at 6 AM, sweetest.  A bit early for you, huh?"  She smirked.  It never occurred to her to wake the girl up, as always her friend needed help.  So, she'd attempt to give it to her as much as possible.  Noah wasn't the type of person to question doing things for people or give it any meaning.  To her, it was just a whim she wanted to fulfill, no emotions attached to it. After all, she had changed schools simply for a pen pal's distress.  It gave her some sort of meaning, really... trying to make the world of those she cared about a bit better.  It showed that she changed something.

Random girls from the crowd took notice of them, but this meant nothing to Noah.  She was used to attention, and held the girl's small hand within hers.  It was so cold... colder then her own.  The pink haired girl had touched many people, often amused by their reactions and discomfort, but always their skin burned against hers.  But, no.  April's hand was like ice within hers, cold and almost dead.  It made her fierce gray eyes turn soft with concern, her health was worse then she thought. 

"Of course I scare you.  It's what I do."  Noah laughed lightly, pulling her a bit closer as they walked, clasping both hands around the cold hand, attempting to warm it up as best she could.  If it didn't warm up, she'd give her her coat....  "It's fun."  The auditorium was filled, she glanced around for anyone that might be interesting.  Perhaps the mysterious chairman that was mentioned before would show up, or maybe the people on the Seitokai.  She wasn't sure why she was so curious to see these people... mostly wanting to see how badly her own school would be outdone by this one.  Everything was so strange here.

Last edited by Iris (08-22-2008 09:23:42 AM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#27 | Back to Top08-22-2008 09:32:54 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

"You... really love to tease me don't you?"

There was a light smile on pale lips when she faced her friend, pink-orange coloured hair tickled her skin lightly. April could feel the warmth from Noah's hands, it caused her to shudder lightly. Still that crowd of students made her nervous and she couldn't help herself. Standing close by the girl's side, she started to watch the auditorium with care, and maybe curiosity as well.

So many unknown faces. So many stories in each face. Ohtori was a strange school for sure, a melting pot of difficult characters and nationalities. As scary as it was, there was also a point that started to fascinate the young student.

Leaning her head with a whiff of hesitation against Noah's shoulder she closed her eyes, feeling dizzy. Whenever she was able to get the chance she would have to take her first dose, but just after breakfast. Pills were too strong when she took them with an empty stomach.

Inwardly she cursed her father who forced her to visit this school, also her mother who didn't do anything against his decision. It would have been so much easier to stay in england, with that few friends she had, with known teachers and known language. Her skills in japanese language weren't that fluid, even if she studied hard to get into conversations.

That concerned look in grey hues made April sigh lightly. "Don't worry about me. I'm... I'm fine. I just need a little rest.", she whispered with her light voice. The student was thankful that her friend was by her side. Alone, on her own, she wouldn't have joined this event, maybe sleeping a little longer until the first lesson was about to begin.

It would be hard to get used to the new daily rhythm which awaited April. Icy blue hues kept stuck to the centre of attraction, hoping that everything wouldn't last too long. She was glad when she was able to get out of the crowd as soon as possible. She could hear the silent sound of silvery plates hitting each other and her gaze drifted to their hands. A soft and absent smile flit over her lips when she looked at the engraved plates on their bracelets. Two letters, A and N in perfectly rolled writing. April could remember that she never took it off, she just had to take care about the present since her wrists were slim. She wouldn't forgive herself if she would ever lose that trinket which meant so much to her. the girl just didn'T know if it also meant so much to Noah as well.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#28 | Back to Top08-22-2008 09:54:36 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Kozue's eyes gazed over the crowd with mild amusement.  All ready little groups where forming, and the first day of school hadn't even started.  No one she knew was in the building yet, so she waited with half patience... only Tatsuya so far.  Kozue had never gotten along with the boy before, but a new year meant new possibilities.  He liked to think himself good with the girls, at least that's how the rumor went.
When she awoke this morning and got dressed casually, she noticed that Miki was still asleep.  They had been in sleeping in different rooms over the summer, but still she would sneak into his room and place a gentle kiss on his forhead when he was asleep.  Too bad he was asleep, too.  He would have been horrified to see her walking around in nothing but a bra and pajama pants.  Her wicked smirk came and went as fast as she changed boyfreinds... things where softer now between the siblings, but not perfect.  They played piano together sometimes, she made a point to hide her relationships.  There was no question, she still loved her brother and that would never change, but there was also no denying things had never been the same as they where in the sunlit garden, or even from last year. 
A flash of silver, a glint of light... cars passing by with unusual speeds, and Miki in the middle of it all.  Only these foggy dreams would come up with she visited Akio, but they would be gone as soon as they came.  Akio... the name caused her to pause completely, remembering their past indiscretions with vivid detail.  At this point, that's all it took for Kozue's mind to drift.
If her ideals smelled of Akio's doing before, now she swam in them.  He had given her advice on the things to do, how to act... built her up and broken her down more times then she could count.  So often he laughed at her actions, as if she was a precious little toy.  He laughed more when this didn't upset her, only peaked her curiosity and desire to consume the world around her.  Akio hardly mentioned her brother, and that alone was enough for her continued loyalty.
Over the summer, it seemed she was at his tower almost every week, replacing time that he used to spend with... who did he used to spend it with?  She couldn't recall.  Either way, he was a replacement to her, and she was a replacement to him.  Well, the sex was good.

Briefly she wondered how Touga was doing... they hadn't seen each other all summer, and their was rumors that he had calmed down.  Oh, she certainly hoped not....

In the corner of her eye she noticed two girls holding hands, she couldn't help but laugh.  How quickly Ohtori students moved these days....

Last edited by Iris (08-22-2008 10:06:26 AM)

#29 | Back to Top08-22-2008 10:30:09 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

"Of course I do.  You get so flustered."  Noah attempted to smile kindly, rustling the girl's perfectly brushed hair.  It was nice to see her be a little more outgoing despite the large crowd, it made her more interesting.  "Let's find a seat."  The taller girl instructed, picking her way through a maze of sea-green.  Most likely April would want to find a seat in the back, but Noah insisted finding one closer, wanting to be a part of everything going on.

Noah wasn't hungry yet, and probably wouldn't be for a while.  Her body seemed to run off of excitement and new situations, but still her stomach growled slightly.  Oh, how she abused her body to it's limits, seeing how long it would take until the abuse was too much.  "You need rest??"  She exclaimed with concern and confusion.  "It's the first day.  Will you be alright?"  The activities of the school where packed, at least that's what her penpal Yukiko had told her.  Hopefully there wouldn't be a trip to the hospital.

Sitting side by side, her hand never left April's.  Two silver bracelets brushed against eachother, making a light little 'ting.'  Noah noticed with a light little smile that April wore the gift she had given her... they where fashionable and looked good.
It was unclear if it was to comfort her or if she simply wanted the contact, either way the two friends appeared to be inseparable even after two days.  It would be difficult for her to keep an eye on her frail friend, she obviously would need help.  Hopefully they'd make friends with another person soon.

#30 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:21:10 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

"Flustered. Is that your only goal? To make innocent girls blush?"

Her smile was a little matte when she closed her eyes, feeling the lightest of touches when Noah teased her again, a faint reddish colour on her face as response. She had troubles to follow her friend properly through the masses until they had a seat in the front. This time it didn't matter to her, as long as she could rest her legs.

"I will be alright. We have a seat. that's the thing that counts..."

She tried to keep a little distance to her friend so others wouldn't point their fingers on them. But... why should they anyway? She spotted a few couples in front of them, also holding hands and it seemed to bother nobody. Why did April made such a big deal about that in her mind? She and Noah weren't a couple, they never would be. Noah would enjoy to pretend it, sometimes she was just looking for attention, no matter how.

Instinctively her gaze wandered to a girl who watched them in a pretty obvious way. That cerulean coloured hair in a short trimmed and chaotic design caught her eye. She was pretty young, April thought. Still... that getup was so informal and she blushed visibly as she noticed that this student smiled at her in a creepy way, then laughing into herself.

She had to force her gaze to Noah again, fixing their bracelets again.

I wish it would be already over..., April muttered to herself and leaned into the chair, feeling that air was getting thin. Still she pulled herself together. She was just here so her friend wouldn't need to worry. She was sometimes so overprotective. This time she just appreciated her protecting and outgoing counterpart, a shoulder where she could lean on.

Still, April couldn't get rid of the feeling that the strange girl still watched both and she pulled back her head, sitting rather tensed up and trying to follow what would come soon.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#31 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:37:39 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

"Oh?  Do I make you blush, my sweet April?"  Smirked Noah, tapping the lightly flushed girl on the cheek.  It was a joke, part of her normal demeanor.  Pretending to flirt or act sexual when it was the farthest thing on her mind.  Once the girl's hand was removed from hers she folded her own hands neatly together.  They where scratched and bloodied from her many past activities, paired with perfectly manicured nails.  The two sides of her could be scene by only looking at her hands, they told everything about her... trying to suppress her dangerous nature and be refined, always failing horribly. 

"If you're sure you're okay.  I'm sure they'll let us have a break after this."  It was hard for Noah to let it go, always being stubborn once she noticed someone being in discomfort.  She never noticed Kozue watching them.  Oh, there would be rumors about the two of them, but that was normal.  People where silly and always tried to make assumptions of everything; quite often it was best to make a show of things in the open, so the real drama would never be noticed.  Hopefully April would understand that soon enough.

"The bracelet I gave to you.  I'm happy you still wear it."  Noah moved her wrist to see her own, watching it glint in the sunlight.  A friend of hers had made the pair for her, she remembered how carefully he had etched the little design into the silver plaque.

Finally she noticed how tense April was.  "Calm down.  No one's going to eat you."

#32 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:51:00 AM

Hedgehogey
Framed Landscaper

Siid looked at the time on his stopwatch and practically facepalmed right there. He'd miscalculated and was way early! He didn't feel much like waiting for the assembly to start while listening to inane chatter and watching couples moon over each other.

Case in point. He glance back to see Noah getting rather close to another girl, which was not something he would've thought about her at first glance...Not that he cared all that much. He'd come to Ohtori for different reasons.

He decided he'd pass the interval time by checking back at the sprawling club room (he was still getting used to the size of every building here, having practiced in tiny youth centers his whole life), making sure the Bascketball club wasn't going to try to horn in on their practice time again. The last time he and the other captains had needed to use a combination of upbraiding and intimidation to defend their timeslot. The Ball players had muttered something about "...how are we ever gonna beat her now...".

So he weaved his way through the stainless steel chairs and back out the hallway, making his way again through the icy morning, not relishing the thought of breakfalls on a mat this cold.

He noticed the other students as he passed but didn't stare...A hulking blond, a girl in a boy's uniform, and Juri Arisugawa...Information on the student council was publicly available and he'd learned all he could about them, hoping it would help him get the answers he wanted.

It didn't.

#33 | Back to Top08-22-2008 12:02:00 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Juri's eyes never rested fully on the girl; they were always set somewhere else to examine the rest of the tidings of campus. She waited with patience as the poor girl collected herself, and vaguely thought about giving a warning about 'wearing the boy's uniform'. Then again, it would be far more amusing to hear the complaints radiate across campus in regards to a certain teacher with sharp glasses. 'Misdirected on the way to the hall' - As she thought. She let a slight smile wander to her face to offer some semblance of a friendly demeanor.

The next two sentences were almost a direct copy of her own in terms of format. Her smile grew a touch wider. Even if the girl's tone of voice didn't betray her, the rest of reactions did. "I can, and I am," she responded fluidly. Across campus she caught the sight of two girl's who were a little closer than she would have liked them. The smile was immediately dispersed from her features, once more nothing more than a plate of iron. She let her gaze wander back towards the boy-clad girl and then started forwards.

"I'll take you there," she explained. "There's no need for you to get lost and ruin a good impression."

She supposed it might be cruel to use the girl like she was. Perhaps a part of her was interested in helping her. She hadn't joined the Student Council just for the pants. However, when one looked at her private motives they'd find only an interest to flaunt her power over the world even on the first day of school. There would be those that would scoff and roll their eyes at her. Kozue, for example, would know what was up. But many more would be far more enlightened by the fact that despite her coldness, Juri saw to her obligations as a Council member to keep order, yada, yada. It was all pointless drilling. Touga, on the other hand, would be likely to find it endlessly amusing. She scowled at the thought.

Her strides never had been long when not required, and they were no different today. She kept her pace evened, but slow. The other girl should have no trouble keeping up, and Juri would have no fear of tripping over her feet as she surveyed the campus with a mild interest. She remained silent for most of the walk, allowing the other girl to voice her concerns and questions.

The hall itself was already beginning to teem with students. All early goers attempting the create their 'good impressions'. Some of them would eventually slack off the good behavior and many still would be determined to keep that early-coming a habit for the entire year. She caught no sign of Touga or Saionji in the crowd. Saionji, however, she expected to only come to retrieve his schedule and then promptly excuse himself. Social gatherings never had been for him. Touga, on the other hand, would likely make quick work of all new students.

Another glance through revealed blue hair. Not Miki, he'd always slept a little later, but simply his sister. She made a mental note to go over and pester her as soon as she felt that this girl was secure enough on her own.

#34 | Back to Top08-22-2008 03:08:52 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Tatsuya looked like a big scary ghost had just popped out of nowhere and kicked him. The instant she started talking to him, he got all flustered. It was kind of funny. Wakaba knew she shouldn't tease him, but...well, she couldn't always be a good girl. He laughed nervously, noting how much they had to catch up. "Totally! Totally!" she chirped in agreement. Swinging her book bag back and forth, she walked beside him, bouncier than ever. Before she could answer his question regarding her summer, he was talking about classes. AP art. Wow, it was pretty cool he had gotten into an AP class. She didn't even want to imagine a workload more difficult than the average program. Maybe now that he was a smarty, she could beg him for homework help. Her very own private Miki! But then he was noting how guys in art got a lot of...credits. She could have sworn she had heard differently.

"Mm-hm. Credits. That's right." She turned to him and placed her hands on her hips. "Tatsuya Kazami! You are such a flirt!" she accused. "Even bigger than the Council President! I bet you were just kissing a whole bunch of girls all summer, weren't you?" Her question was never answered as suddenly her friend bumped into someone. And what a someone it turned out to be. Wakaba's mouth dropped open as she gaped at the enormous man. His entire form rippled with muscles, with arms that looked like they could snap her in half. He wasn't as tall as the Chairman, but he was a lot thicker. And he was creepy! Especially with the scar. He looked like he should be wandering around the ruins of Nemuro Memorial Hall with an axe, like in those scary movies her friends had made her watch.

And then the hulk of muscle replied, and very rudely at that. He had a thick Russian accent that dripped condescension as he ordered Tatsuya to be careful, and that he was talking to a prince. Wakaba folded her arms across her chest, fear melting in her irritation. No one talked like that to one of her friends. She hadn't even let Kiryuu push her around. No way was she going to back down for this snob. "It was an accident. You don't have to be so rude. Besides, you don't look like any prince I've ever seen. You seem a lot more likely to be the one kidnapping the princess than rescuing her from the dragon." She grabbed Tatsuya's hand. Grinning, she lifted into it the air. "Now here's a real prince! The best there ever was!" That declared, she tugged on his hand. "Come on, Prince Tatsuya, let's go."

Shiori didn't want to go into the building alone. She definitely didn't want to sit alone. Although she tried to tell herself otherwise, she always felt like the other girls were watching her. If she were sitting by herself, they would laugh and gossip. Then her chances at popularity for the new year were ruined completely. So many new unfamiliar people. Why couldn't she see any of her friends? Her shoulders hunched up slightly. As she neared closer to the building, she could feel that old familiar nervousness welling up inside. Her eyes kept scanning her surroundings for those familiar tightly wound curls. She didn't see Juri, but then she recognized a girl walking alone with a short blue cut. It was the famous Miki Kaoru's sister. Shiori had heard a lot of rumors about her. That she slept around and didn't have any respect for herself. Furthermore, that she was very possessive of her brother. That day when the Council members had played badminton...she had been there, hadn't she? Watching Miki just as Shiori had watched her childhood friend.

Well, she seemed a bit intimidating, but she was related to a Council member. And she was pretty well-known. Maybe Shiori could increase her own reputation a bit by talking to her. After all, she was alone. She probably wouldn't mind the company. Hopefully. Putting on her best smile, the violet-eyed girl approached her, hugging her books to her chest. "Hello. My name's Shiori Takatsuki - I don't think we've ever been introduced before. You're Kozue Kaoru, right? I've heard so many good things about you." That wasn't true, but flattery always tended to charm. "If you don't mind, would it be alright if I walked with you to the assembly?" Her tone was very polite, lips curved in a friendly manner. She didn't see Juri lingering in the crowd nearby.

Last edited by Jellineck (08-22-2008 06:31:01 PM)

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#35 | Back to Top08-22-2008 08:22:47 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Kozue had begun to drift into her thoughts as she walked, so it came as a surprise when Juri's little girl approached her so shyly.  She had never payed attention to the girl, really knew nothing about her.  Well, other then she had a lovely face and the most delicate body of anyone on campus... it would be worth walking with her.  Languid eyes rested over her, as if to read her every reaction and have a taste of what this girl would be like.  Obviously, a liar. People only said they heard good things about her when they wanted to sleep with her, or had not the courage to confront the truth of what they believed.   "Yes, that's right.  I'm sure you've heard nothing good, but that's the way I like it."  Her passive self attack rolled off her tongue with ease, head tilted to the side with mild disinterest.

"Walking in together is much better then alone, wouldn't you say?"  A gentle brush of hand urged Shiori forward, her retreating hand disturbing a few of the maroon strands.  At least, it was brave of her to want to be seen with the slut of the school... perhaps the girl honestly hadn't heard her true reputation.  "Are you prepared for the school year?  Let me see your schedule." Gracefully long fingers hovered by Shiori, without question of permission, not quite a demand, but leaving her no other choice then to give it to her.  If the girl wanted her friendship, she would give it, but Kozue would always be the one in control.  "I don't have anyone sharing my English class.  It's such a bore not having anyone to whisper to."

Last edited by Iris (08-22-2008 08:38:48 PM)

#36 | Back to Top08-22-2008 09:10:45 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

"Uh, enjoy your stay at Ohtori," Tatsuya smiled innocently at the hulking transfer student as Wakaba dragged him rapidly through the crowd. He was pretty certain that Wakaba had just made a dangerous new enemy for him, but she couldn't have done it in a more adorable way.

"Man, what's with that guy?" Tatsuya laughed when they were a good distance away. "I can sorta see why some people have a bad impression of foreigners. Then again, look at those two." He gestured to two foreign girls seated not too far away, hand in hand, wearing matching silver bracelets. "Isn't that sweet? Those two must be really close."

Tatsuya sighed happily and wondered if Wakaba realized that he was still holding her hand.

It would not be long before that frumpy old crone of a guidance counselor would get on the microphone and start demanding that students find their places. Time was limited. He should probably get to know more of the new students, if only to see if any of them were as threatening as that big Russian bear. Besides, he could have sworn that girl Kozue gave him a rather predatory look earlier. And what if that jerk Wakaba had a crush on shows up? He had to make sure to make time for his princess.

"Say, Wakaba, I still want to hear about your summer and stuff," Tatsuya said to her finally. "Would you like to have lunch together later today?"

#37 | Back to Top08-22-2008 10:17:12 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

"I've never seen such a big campus before. Isn't this all a bit extravagant for one school?"

Tomoe asked, keeping stride with the older girl.

She was willing to talk, small questions here and there about the school and it's students. Her initial, extremely impressed reaction faded into what seemed to be the seeds of admiration. Suddenly, she saw her companion's face go stony. Eyes shooting over to where she looked, she tensed enough to be ready for something unpleasant.

Making a small face at the two girls, Tomoe shook her head. She didn't understand how public displays of affection were so common, but everyone complained about gossip.  A pretty easy problem to solve. At least to her anyway.

"Can't help who you love I guess, but keep private things private." she muttered, although she figured that the older girl could hear.

Arriving at the hall, Tomoe looked around at all the students and ran a hand through her cropped hair. There was a moment of self-doubt. That she had been foolish for expecting to be taken seriously in a boy's uniform, with a boy's haircut. She swallowed it down, hoping the upperclassman would take it as first day nerves.

Nothing worth anything is easy. Uniqueness earns attention. I just have to keep going if I want their respect by my rules.

Whistling to herself, she frowned. She was surprised there weren't more people that stood out like the older girl, and by that definition, herself as well.

"So many people with the same idea. Man, I'll never get a seat."

Turning to face Juri, smiled and bowed slightly. Formality over such a small courtesy (which really, might not have been a courtesy), was probably a little much. In the end though, Tomoe was grateful -even if they didn't talk after this, her upperclassman had some clout here and being seen with her would help her reputation that much more. Surely, the older girl was aware.

"Thanks for showing me around. Although, you probably have to get to your group."

Half a beat passed and Tomoe smiled weakly.

"First I get cryptic and then I forget to introduce myself. Sorry.  I'm Tomoe Ainu."

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#38 | Back to Top08-22-2008 10:32:06 PM

Jellineck

Well, at least Kaoru didn't tell her to go away. That was always a good sign. Although she didn't entirely know what to think of the girl's roaming gaze, assessing her closely. Suddenly, Shiori felt very uncomfortable. The girl's slight swagger and easy confidence made her think of a boy. A very easygoing boy. Ever since her last botched attempt at a relationship, she was a bit more wary of men trying to flirt with her. And while Kozue was in fact a girl, she supposed she couldn't put it past her new companion to have masculine desires.

First she blatantly blew off the compliment, though with seemingly good nature. Then Kozue actually touched her, and Shiori stiffened considerably, although it was merely a light brush of the hand. The other, however, came up to briefly toy with a few strands of her hair. Her gaze darted, mapping out a potential escape route and thinking up a polite excuse should the need arise. She barely heard the demand for the schedule. When she did comprehend it, it was spoken so authoritatively she felt compelled to obey. Well, it was a common enough request. Shiori pulled the slip of paper from one of her books and handed it over. Home ec., chemistry, literature, social studies, math, P.E., and Beginning Dance I. She recited the classes mentally as her slip of paper was inspected. "Yes, I agree," she said quietly in response. "Um, I don't know if I can change my schedule at this point though." Walking through the doors to the gym, she took a seat near the back row and crossed her ankles, folding her hands in her lap demurely.

Although her discomfort was evident, she recognized that she was being tolerated. Perhaps her company was being enjoyed. Despite her hesitation, her mind began to calculate the possibilities. Kozue Kaoru could make her lose standing with many of the normal students. However, she was also a window into the Student Council and their group. All about weighing the pros and cons. "May I see your schedule, then?"

She came to eventually realize that Tatsuya was still holding her hand. A faint blush rose on her cheeks. Turning it into a bit of a game (as she tended to do when a bit nervous), she begun to swing their hands back and forth rather violently as the pair made their way inside. She plopped down into the seat beside him and prepared herself for another long and very boring opening ceremony. These things were so dull. Why couldn't something really exciting ever happen at Ohtori? Just once? But then Tatsuya was asking to lunch. She bobbed her head a few times. "Mm-hm. Okay, Tatsuya, but you should beware." She paused. "Because I'm going to make you a really big and yummy lunch and you're going to have to eat every last single bite!" Leaning forward, she attempted to loom over ominously. "And if you don't..." She cracked her knuckles. "Got it?" Her threat had a distinct teasing edge.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#39 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:04:50 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

The girl's automatic fear of her was amusing.  Oh, yes.  That Ruka fellow probably ruined things a good deal, and would make any attempt of fun with the girl more difficult.  And, there was also Juri... she wouldn't give up so easily though.  Skittish and easily frightened, the thing would probably run away from her at any moment, claiming that she had something else to do, or some other obligation... oh.  There the 'obligation' was now, Juri in the corner of her eye.  By the way that Shiori skittered at the touch, most likely she would be the type to be worried about rumors.  What logic made her think that hanging around Juri would help those rumors any was beyond her.  Absolute stupidity. 

The girl had the balls to talk to her on her own, and her curiosity was peaked a slight bit.  Oh well.  She didn't share any of the classes with her... bummer.  There where always other people she could befriend in the class.  In silence she read the paper for a second, moving beside Kozue to sit down while she did.  Kozue wouldn't stay long, soon she'd sneak to the back of the room, but for now this was all right.  Perhaps the girl would be more confused with a bit of kindness.  "Too bad, you don't share any with me.  Oh!  Your lunch period is the same as me."

Still not quite seated, she leaned against her chair in a casual manner, quite like a boy would.  She didn't care that her skirt hiked just a little bit too far, or that someone attempting to could look up her skirt.  Kozue was quite certain no one around her would.  "My classes?  Hm.  Psychology, Intro to Sculpture, Math, P.E, Literature, Social Studies, Earth Science, and Sociology."

#40 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:22:21 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Juri took the first question as rhetorical. The new student wasn't the first to marvel at the wonders of the school. She would get used to it, or forever be impressed by the workings here. If it were to be the second, Juri would consider her lucky. Those who did not fall into the boring drone of life were lucky. Even amongst her thoughts, the mumble of her current travel companion were easily caught. She did not change pace, but merely lowered the tone of her voice.

"Do not go assuming they're in a sexual relationship," she warned carefully. "Unless your goal is to start potentially incorrect rumors." She may have agreed with the sentiment, but even she did not know if it was anything more than a close friendship. They were out there, and she hoped for their sake that one of them never decided to try and turn it into something more. Even as she said it, her eyes were already on the massive amounts of people that were flocking in. Her ears only transferred half of what Tomoe said to her brain, the rest of her attention looking for a familiar face.

The short bow was caught in the corner of her eye and she turned to regard the respectful student with an amused demeanor. "A pleasant meeting, Ainu," she responded methodically. "Arisugawa Juri," she added with a simple thinning of her lips. "Though, I assume you're already aware." And if she wasn't, there would be little time left until she discovered. At last she spotted whom she was looking for.

"Excuse me, there are some people I'd like to talk to," she informed Tomoe, politely venturing towards an area of not quite claimed seats. Shiori seemed a little nervous, Juri noted as a gentle smile crossed over her features. She'd done this so many times, but she supposed that some people could never get used to the ravings crowds.

As she ventured closer, Kozue's presence did not escape her awares. Curiosity was unapparent in her features, but it existed in her mind none the less. Kozue's manner of standing was crude at best. It was enough to make her want to scoff and chuckle in wry amusement at the same time. She did neither, instead sliding her way past students all too willing to give her room and catching Kozue's eye with a distrustful smile.

"Kaoru, do you intend on sitting, or may I take that seat?" Her eyes had caught the exchange of schedules and she herself wondered what had matched up. It would have been impolite to ask, so she instead would offer up hers if Kozue decided to stick around.

#41 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:35:41 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

"Oh, why... Hello Juri."  Kozue's voice was as smooth as silk as she talked, a complete change from the tone she used with Shiori.  Masculine dominate posture turned into something more natural, accompanied with a little smile of respect.  Instantly the maroon haired girl was shown, and quite roughly, the true nature of Kozue's demeanor.  "We where just comparing our schedules... I'll have to check mine with yours sometime."  Fluidly she pushed herself away from the seat, pushing down the skirt to a respectable level again.

"Of course, I was going to go to the back, anyway.  I wouldn't want to separate two perfect friends."  Brushing a lock of cerulean hair she got up to leave, a light little smile on her face.  The expression looked so honest and rare, any onlooker would believe that she meant the words she spoke.  "It's rare to find two friends that are so kind to eachother.  Really, an inspiration to everyone."  With that she strolled away slowly, hands on her sides.  A lazy glance looked around for one of her other friends, perhaps one of the ones she kept in contact with casually.

"I'll talk to you later, Takatsuki-chan."  Again her voice slipped back to the masculine playful tone, waving goodbye to the two while ambling away.

#42 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:56:17 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Silently watching. Akirah finnaly made it to the assembly hall. She brushed her soft hair back, off of her shoulder and looked at her watch, seeing she was early. She smiled slightly and slid down the wall, taking a seat. Akirah felt like wasting her time a bit before moving on into the room. she took out her sketch pad and started sketching random students as they walked past. Silently Waiting in her corner.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#43 | Back to Top08-22-2008 11:59:08 PM

Jellineck

She was excited to have the same lunch period. Shiori felt a little flutter of warmth at the fact Kozue apparently did want to be her friend. They might have their differences, but she couldn't resist the thought of someone genuinely wanting to get to know her better. But what can I say to make her like me? She bit her lip thoughtfully, eying Kozue's confident stance propped up against the chair. The school skirt had hiked up flawless pale thighs, and she quickly averted her eyes. "Oh, that sounds busy. How nice." She smiled sweetly, seeking to keep the flow of the conversation and find out more about the girl. "I'm also looking to become an assistant to Juri Arisugawa for the fencing club. It's a lot of fun - fencing, I mean. I think I'm getting okay at it. What about you? Are you in any clubs?"

Before Kozue could answer, however, she caught sight of a gracefully imposing figure with regal stature and a faint, but kind, smile. Juri had found her. Shiori felt an immediate rush of happy relief as she rose from her seat. She hadn't seen her friend most of the whole summer. Although they had grown close before the end of the year, unfortunate circumstances had prevented further meetings. It had been too long. But that her joy wiped away the usual tint of remaining bitterness that usually came with Juri's otherwise comforting presence.

However, Kozue did not quite as pleased. Her greeting indicated a certain sort of familiarity, and certainly not the positive kind either. Or at least a bit more ambiguous. However, the girl straightened, which hinted at a certain level of respect. Then Kozue was departing, talking about how she didn't want to separate two perfect friends. And they were an inspiration? Shiori didn't think that was really accurate, but it was certainly kind of her to say so. Juri and Shiori. The perfect friends. For a moment, her gaze dropped to the floor. "Bye then, Kozue-chan," she replied in turn before perking up.

Gently, she wrapped her slender arms around Juri's arm and gave her a brief and gentle hug before withdrawing. "It's been so long, Juri. I've missed you so much." Her tone was warm and filled with genuine emotion. "We have so much to catch up on." With the Student Council member around, she seemed considerably more confident. In light of her reunion, she was positively glowing.

Last edited by Jellineck (08-23-2008 12:08:32 AM)

#44 | Back to Top08-23-2008 12:13:55 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Finally, sapphire eyes locked onto a target, Akirah.  Someone who looked kind, but not overly so... the quiet girl sitting outside of the hallway, drawing.  Kozue had never had an artist friend before, just many musicians, so the girl would make a good addition to her little group.  The little additions she had added to her uniform where quite tasteful and adorable, after all, lace and old fashion detailing where becoming popular.  Points for art, points for style, points for being strange and ignoring everyone else.  It also helped the girl was new, and had absolutely no clue what reputation Kozue held. 

Sharp heels made a click as she leaned against the wall and slid down in the same manor, looking over her shoulder at the sketchbook.  "You're not bad at this."  It was a strange position Kozue sat in, but it suited her... knees tucked up almost to her chin, long arms draped gracefully ontop.  "Why aren't you making other friends?"  Although the question could have sounded caring, it was more an apathetic inquiry of motive.  If she hadn't spotted the girl, most likely she would have already disappeared away from the assembly.

Last edited by Iris (08-23-2008 12:20:32 AM)

#45 | Back to Top08-23-2008 12:23:29 AM

Hedgehogey
Framed Landscaper

Siid returned a few minutes later, huffy and irritated at the basketball club. You'd think with all that space...Anyway, he'd killed enough time for the assembly to be nearly started. Passing back through the doorway he saw Juri Arisugawa being glommed on by an insistent smaller girl. He flashed her a bit of momentary sympathy, club captain to club captain.

His long legs took him towards the back, where there was at least a little visual cover if this assembly proved boring. He checked the seats...the best one was next to Noah. Noticing her friendly gesturing at him, he sat down next to her, arm draped over the back of his chair, his uniform coming untucked and showing just beneath the hoodie. <i>It'll help to make...friends.</i> he thought, returning her hello.

#46 | Back to Top08-23-2008 12:27:48 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Zhenia merely snorted as he watched the pair disappear into the crowd. If that little mouse was a prince, then so was his girlfriend. He snorted again at the thought, amused this time. Wading through the crowd toward the chairs, he eyed them suspiciously. He was not at all certain his uniform would survive if he tried to sit down, but he wasn't that eager to become a spectacle by remaining standing.

Tugging at his collar in irritation, he caught sight of a pair of girls in boys' uniforms walking into the hall. Are they princes as well then? One of them, the one with the ridiculous hair, was wearing a much more elaborate version. He recognized it as the student council uniform. And I'm worried about being noticed? Laughing again, he made his way back through the crowd to stand by the back door so he could sneer at the students filing in. His attention was briefly drawn by a flash of bright blue hair moving across the room. He found himself idly wondering if it were natural. Shrugging, he returned his attention to the new arrivals.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#47 | Back to Top08-23-2008 12:35:44 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

"Hey.  I wonder when this is going to start."  Noah stated, disengaging herself from April to turn to the new visitor finally.  Although they had only talked once, that alone was enough for her to want to talk more to him.  He seemed to have no problem with it.  "You look all sweaty, what where you doing?  Fighting zombies?" 

As they talked, Noah slowly began to imitate his posture, legs stretching out from underneath the impossibly short gray skirt.  A hoodie.  So much about the boy didn't quite fit with his appearance or paranoia.  But, Noah didn't really fit in either.   There wasn't a slight sign on the girl's face that she knew she had caused so much attention from the others before hand, nor did she really care about it.  "We've just been sitting here, talking about the past.  Not really good stuff for a new beginning."

#48 | Back to Top08-23-2008 12:52:47 AM

Hedgehogey
Framed Landscaper

Although Siid wondered if he was going to be introduced to Noah's "friend", he found her unconscious imitation of him more amusing. Postures, he decided, were infectuous. It was a lesson he'd learned on the mat, but was surprised to see it crop up in the relatively unfamiliar territory of casual conversation.  He also decided that the short Ohtori uniform was doing a heroic job of protecting her modesty in that position and silently wished it <i>Gambatte!</i>."Just a greedy basketball team." He said in reply, pushing off the rear bar of the chair in front of him, keeping himself balanced on the chair's two rear legs.

<i>New begginings? But none of us exist without our pasts. Least of all myself.</i> He thought. "Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they please; they do not make it under circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly encountered, given and transmitted from the past. The weight of the dead generations weighs on the brains of the living. Karl Marx." He said in reply, pithy, eyes somewhere else.

#49 | Back to Top08-23-2008 01:02:40 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Noah smirked as he leaned back, crossing her legs back together.  It reminded her that she was acting masculine again, and casually corrected it.  It was not lost on her as his eyes floated over to her friend, but it seemed like April should introduce herself if she wanted to.  The girl shyed away from so many things, it only seemed polite to give her a few chances of reprieve.  "Basketball team, huh?  You have alot of hobbies.  Are you running from your mind, or something?  A lot of people who are too physical do those sort of things to hide."

Fierce gray eyes looked over him with new found curiosity after his quote.  Apparently the two of them where more similar then she thought... it would be an interesting conversation.  "That weight forms us and gives identity, but it is also dust that can settle on the lenses with which we view life.  Too much weight and our backs break."  The words would be unkind for April to hear, but she was unaware of it.  To her, their friendship was valuable now simply for the sake that they where talking.

Last edited by Iris (08-23-2008 01:03:42 AM)

#50 | Back to Top08-23-2008 01:23:18 AM

Hedgehogey
Framed Landscaper

Siid crossed his arms, a little uncomfortable talkign about himself in front of her. "Hmph. And what do you know of the physical? Don't make assumptions." Being valued only for his physical talents was something he was used to. If others thought he was a thug, well that left them all the more unprepared if he outwitted them.

"Well, that all depends on how strong your back is. Living without a past is for people with guilty consciences and big egos. They're like the worker at the end of an assembly line who's amazed at the beautiful things they make all by themselves."

Board footer