This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-28-2009 02:00:16 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

[RP] Instant Message RP -- interest phase!

Too many videogames have fuelled my imagination once more, and I've created an instant message style RPG based on the Game Boy Advance game Summon Night: Swordcraft Story.

The game is called Smith Legend and isn't so much a forum based RP as it's IM based. In order to participate, one needs an active Email address that can receive vanilla text (*.TXT) files as attachments. One also needs an IM client that supports AOL Instant Messenger (AIM, Trillian, Adium -- doesn't matter what you choose).

Because there's so much information about the game, I've dedicated a page of my website to describing just about everything there is to know about the world of Smith Legend. Find it here. If you're interested, you can download the source files from my website as well!

If you're interested, post here and discuss. If you're serious about it, PM me with your AIM name and Email address (don't worry, I keep all information confidential). And before you ask, yes, you have leave to challenge other PCs in battle.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2 | Back to Top10-29-2009 03:18:14 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [RP] Instant Message RP -- interest phase!

Also, this game, although pretty much complete, is still in the early alpha as far as interaction goes. Because there's a lot of number crunching and die rolls (not just d6 rolls, either), I figured that running the game through IM clients seemed the best way to go. If anybody else can suggest something that doesn't involve spending oodles on a forum dedicated to the game, let me know and I'll see whether or not it's feasible!

Right now, the most feasible method is IM client for single player mode and AIM Chat for multiplayer interaction.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

Board footer