This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:37:21 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

Re: ADMIN DRAMA (Beavis, this sucks. Change it.)

Well I know how you feel, 'cos right now I am going to the best boarding school EVAR in Napa Valley (Which is only about an hour from where I live, but still emot-aaa ) and I would really like to stay here for the rest of 12th grade, but sadly I can't ;_;

Wish you luck Gio!

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#27 | Back to Top09-02-2007 07:46:38 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Sounds great!  I'm too much of a coward to have ever made that choice.  Good luck!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#28 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:40:27 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

I can't help hearing 'Rose and Release' echo in my head... emot-biggrin

All the best to you.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#29 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:48:26 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

I can't help hearing 'Rose and Release' echo in my head... emot-biggrin

All the best to you.

I'd show you pictures, but rest assured what I'm leaving looks nothing like Akio. emot-redface

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#30 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:02:50 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I'd show you pictures, but rest assured what I'm leaving looks nothing like Akio. emot-redface

Amen to that! Then this decision wouldn't be so hard for you to make. Do enjoy your future. etc-wankdudeetc-wankgirl

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#31 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:41:10 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I just realized, this whole best friend living together dealio reminds me of NANA!! Hopefully, it won't end the way the manga is now. I wish you guys have a happy ending.

#32 | Back to Top09-02-2007 10:20:36 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Paradox wrote:

"If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I told you once and I'll tell you again, I'm proud of you dear.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#33 | Back to Top09-02-2007 10:23:54 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Best of luck Gio!

poptartpoptartpoptart

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#34 | Back to Top09-02-2007 10:24:53 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

It takes so much bravery to chase one's passion like you're doing. This is why I admire the two of you so much. Well, that and you're sexy beasts obsessed with SKU.

Congratulations! emot-dance

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#35 | Back to Top09-02-2007 11:30:48 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

You have all the right in the world to find your own happiness. Hope everything goes alright for you from now own and better know that you will have better company emot-smile

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#36 | Back to Top09-03-2007 02:55:41 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

All those crazy things you hear about Canada... they're all true. emot-dance
( at least, they are in B.C. )

I came from the UK to live in Canada 7 years ago, and never looked back. There's no point living out your life in a place where you're not happy. Go for it. Ha ha ! We are slowly stealing all the intelligent liberals from the US.

Corpsegoddess can give you the lowdown on US->CAN immigration policy.

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#37 | Back to Top09-03-2007 07:48:08 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

This is wonderful! I know how hard it was for you two being so far apart, and there's no reason for such amazing people to be unhappy. The actual move will probably be tiring, and I'm sure neither of you will be on much, but we'll still be here cheering you on! Best of luck to both of you! etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#38 | Back to Top09-03-2007 11:40:40 AM

Rushita
Rose Bride
Website

Hiraku wrote:

I don't think I'll ever get it. It's in one single continent here, so why do people still have to go through this kind of trouble just to cross a line?

That's because US and Canada are 2 different countries.  You might want to look up your US immigration regulations, and regulations for applying for any VISA, like visitor VISA.  It is more difficult than doing that for Canada.  For US citizen to visit Canada, it is easy to cross that line.  But if you want to stay here permenantly, work here, or move your vehicle here, it is a totally different story.

Gio, I very much welcome you to move to Canada, however, it is hard to get immigration here, unless you have already got a work permit.  There were a couple of people I would love to get them here in the past, including my ex-boyfriend, but the immigration reguirement was not able to be fulfilled.  It is true that I'm a immigrant myself. But I came with my parents through the "entrepreneur" category, which required special skills and lots of money, and the immigration regulations have changed and became more difficult since then.  I would suggest seeing a private immigration consultant to see what is the best way to do it.

Good luck!

http://www.rushita.com/images/Logo6.jpg

#39 | Back to Top09-03-2007 11:52:24 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Congratulations, and good luck! You'll also be living closer to me. <333

#40 | Back to Top09-03-2007 03:33:56 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Run. Run like the wind. emot-biggrin

On a serious note, though -- although I imagine you are/have looked at this already -- do make sure you know about the immigration requirements. It's probably not so bad as you are so close to your home country even when you're in Canada, but as someone who moved literally halfway around the world that sort of stuff is much easier to sort out when you are at home before you go. etc-loves to you both!

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#41 | Back to Top09-03-2007 04:57:29 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

What a wonderful surprise emot-biggrin
I'm very happy for you, Gio and Yasha.

I'm very proud of you Gio, an ordinary girl will never make it. I can only imagine the difficulties that you will meet in your journey, but if you have good friends, why can't you do it? emot-biggrin
I promise that I will do my best, as you do it for going in Canada, for living in Rome and with the university.

I will wait you, in the capital city.

Last edited by Sey (09-03-2007 04:57:51 PM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#42 | Back to Top09-03-2007 08:50:23 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I'm terrible at contributing to threads like this, sorry. But I really want to wish you luck, so... Good luck!!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#43 | Back to Top09-03-2007 09:09:18 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Clarice wrote:

Run. Run like the wind. emot-biggrin

On a serious note, though -- although I imagine you are/have looked at this already -- do make sure you know about the immigration requirements. It's probably not so bad as you are so close to your home country even when you're in Canada, but as someone who moved literally halfway around the world that sort of stuff is much easier to sort out when you are at home before you go. etc-loves to you both!

Well this time it's happening in kinda a rush, but they've recently changed the immigration laws in Alberta to be much friendly to imported workers. So I might spend the first month or so waiting for paperwork, but the remainder of the time I should be able to work under a worker's visa. They need people SO much up there and they'll have me for Christmas rush, so I'm pretty confident. Next time I come to Canada I'll be in less a rush and have time to make better arrangements for temporary employment. As far as immigrating in permanently, that probably won't happen until I have my degree. At that point I could very easily get in as a skilled worker, though the paperwork by marriage is much faster so I might go that way. On top of everything else, I plan to travel enough in my life that a Canadian passport would come in handy. (How sad that that's the case...)

Sey wrote:

What a wonderful surprise emot-biggrin
I'm very happy for you, Gio and Yasha.

I'm very proud of you Gio, an ordinary girl will never make it. I can only imagine the difficulties that you will meet in your journey, but if you have good friends, why can't you do it? emot-biggrin
I promise that I will do my best, as you do it for going in Canada, for living in Rome and with the university.

I will wait you, in the capital city.

I must admit I'm surprised by how many of you are equating this with SKU/saying it's brave of me or something. emot-keke I'm so...encouraged. emot-keke

Don't worry about going to Rome, you will do fine! And you will post and tell us all about it. As soon as Yasha and I get a little cash socked away (and I learn my damn Italian), we will visit and moles-..uh...cook for you.

...yeah.

school-devil

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#44 | Back to Top09-04-2007 07:39:59 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

emot-dance Hurray & Congradulations! This is exactly what needed to happen, and now it has! Wonderful!!! emot-dance

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#45 | Back to Top09-04-2007 11:41:38 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Frosty wrote:

emot-dance Hurray & Congradulations! This is exactly what needed to happen, and now it has! Wonderful!!! emot-dance

SHE LIVES! emot-dance

But she's still being hard to get a hold of. Check your blasted phone, you! emot-mad

#46 | Back to Top09-04-2007 01:35:52 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

But...who's going to come with me to the Taste of Chicago next year then?! emot-gonk
It's ok....I know that this is what the Fates want you to do Giovannia, and you cannot go against them.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#47 | Back to Top09-04-2007 01:57:19 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

But Canada is much closer to Chicago than Florida, right? emot-confused

#48 | Back to Top09-04-2007 02:07:47 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

Hiraku wrote:

But Canada is much closer to Chicago than Florida, right? emot-confused

emot-confused *looks at a map from 1912...oh yeah..it is closer...emot-redface silly me.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#49 | Back to Top09-04-2007 03:26:47 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Sure it does!  If Akio were, um, 150 pounds heavier.  And drank a lot of beer.  And was kind of balding.  And lighter-skinned.  And badly-dressed.  And drove a battered pickup truck with a shotgun rack.  And, um, can you tell I lived in the South and was living with a Typical Southern Redneck who had a thin veneer of civility for six years?  And that I've heard a lot about Florida?

Congratulations on the leap of faith.  I hope the Universe pays you off for yours as well as it paid me for mine. emot-smile

#50 | Back to Top09-04-2007 06:28:46 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

tohubohu wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Sure it does!  If Akio were, um, 150 pounds heavier.  And drank a lot of beer.  And was kind of balding.  And lighter-skinned.  And badly-dressed.  And drove a battered pickup truck with a shotgun rack.  And, um, can you tell I lived in the South and was living with a Typical Southern Redneck who had a thin veneer of civility for six years?  And that I've heard a lot about Florida?

This woman knows what she's talking about.

emot-gonk

Board footer