This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top09-18-2009 10:03:38 AM

Frangipangie
Ohtori Paramouri

Re: Halloween!

Baka Kakumei Reanna wrote:

Kidnap the Sandy Claws, tie him in a bag...

Throw him in the ocean, then see if he is sad!

Suggestions: Some kind of Disney-Marvel hybrid Frankenstein's monster thing? I know someone who intends to be Spider-Mouse.

Now as for me... I'm definitely dressing up this year, having rather copped out last time (shame on me).
The only thing is, I must decide between:
1. Jack Skellington
2. Evil Queen
3. OR... Something 9ish. Problem with that is that it will involve me wandering around in a brown hoody with no-one knowing who or what I'm supposed to be.

Another possibility is doing something as a group with my friends, but the majority of them just want to cosplay. Nothing wrong with that, but I want to be scary.

So what shall I do? YOU DECIDE, IRG!

"I hope you get reincarnated as an animal everyone likes. Like a lamb...
But not an eating lamb."

#27 | Back to Top09-18-2009 10:23:28 AM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

Setsuna wrote:

Hey guys! It's getting close to that time of the year again! emot-dance
Normally this is when I'm ordering crap off the internet and going to thriftstores for a costume...but this year I have no idea what to be(I'll appreciate suggestions of any sort). emot-keke

Nuff about me, what's everyone going to be this year? Anyone throwing parties? Any pranks? teeell mee.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing. emot-smile

I want to dress up as Wilma, but if I'm able to go to the Halloween party I'm planning on (Brothel themed), I'd be the odd girl out. Which reminds me, I gotta swindle Mocha out of a corset for the night. Oh my sweet sweet bbf...

HELL YES HOCUS POCUS. etc-love

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#28 | Back to Top09-18-2009 12:09:22 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

We usually have a big party, and each year there's usually an anime theme. Haven't picked a show yet though....I have a lot of cosplaying friends.

20 threads dead so far.

#29 | Back to Top09-18-2009 12:44:29 PM

Setsuna
Tragedian

hollow_rose wrote:

We usually have a big party, and each year there's usually an anime theme. Haven't picked a show yet though....I have a lot of cosplaying friends.

That's awesome! I wish I knew some cosplaying friends. Are any familiar with SKU?

And I'm been looking around at costumes and for me it's now between: An Egyptian Queen, Marlene Dietrich, or a zombie Geisha.

#30 | Back to Top09-18-2009 12:52:21 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

I vote Egyptian, Setsuna. So sexy! Go as Hatshepsut! emot-keke

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#31 | Back to Top09-18-2009 02:23:10 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

HALLOWEEN IS COMING BACK BITCHES. cool So excited. emot-dance

This year, I honestly have no idea what my costume will be. I'll pretty much be working all through October, but I'm getting Halloween off whether they like it or not. (I mean, it's the last day of Scarowinds; if I don't show up, what are they gonna do? Fire me? emot-rolleyes )

I'm almost wondering if it will be worth the effort to pull a costume together. I'm going to Sihk-or-Treat again, so I don't really have to be in costume...

OH WHO AM I KIDDING IT'S TOO MUCH FUN TO MISS

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#32 | Back to Top09-18-2009 02:28:27 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

If I had the necessary stuff, I'd dress up as Shaft from Rondo of Blood and tell little kids that I'm going to sacrifice them to my Lord Dracula unless they gave me all their candy.

Problem is, I don't know how to make myself look black (yes, he's black in the game) and I'm not sure I'm threatening enough to make little kids soil themselves in terror. Also, money. emot-frown

So I'll probably be doing whatever crap event Gaia Online's got going this year if IRG doesn't lure me in first. emot-dance I think General Dissection beats Gaia Online anyway.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#33 | Back to Top09-18-2009 03:15:22 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

Yay! Halloween!

I'm going as a sailor, and not the scantily clad sailor uniform, but a sailor with pants and a cap. emot-biggrin

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#34 | Back to Top09-18-2009 04:11:22 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I would like to have party plans, but that hasn't happened since I was in 8th grade.  So for now the current plan is to watch creepy/freaky/scary/stabby anime while handing out stuff to the trick-or-treaters.  I'm thinking glow sticks rather than candy.

We'll probably watch some more of Higurashi, but we also have Paranoia Agent and Boogie Pop Phantom available.  Might consider renting some Ghost Hunt as well, but I don't know.

I'd like to dress up, but if I'm just staying home, that's a lot of hassle for not much of a reason.  Plus, I don't know what to be anyway.  Maybe someday I'll have a reason (and enough time to actually get an idea for a costume.)

#35 | Back to Top09-18-2009 04:55:15 PM

Cherry
Mikage Mistruster
Website

I never have Halloween plans either...which sucks! T_T I love dressing up, so I always do, even though I just sit around answering the door to trick or treaters. I usually just dress in the general pirate/bunny girl/traditional vampire type of thing though. I was thinking of making a Lich King costume, but unless I get invited to a party full of Warcraft nerds, no-one will get it. And the chances of anyone I know throwing a Halloween party at all is pretty low! xD

I never know what to write here..

#36 | Back to Top09-18-2009 05:02:04 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

I have no idea.  I might do something with one of my friends, even if it's just hanging out.  I could go as a yuppie like I did last year (went out door to door with two friends in college who I knew from high school).  I just don't want to go to any drinking parties or anything.  I would rather stay at home and be alone, though.

#37 | Back to Top09-18-2009 10:13:43 PM

Setsuna
Tragedian

dollface wrote:

This year, I honestly have no idea what my costume will be.

I could be Barbarella and you could be the Black Queen!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/Anndelin/barbarella01.jpg
http://thenightporter.tripod.com/anita/pallenberg/blackqueen3.jpg
http://thenightporter.tripod.com/anita/pallenberg/barbarel.jpg

lol, I've been wanting to do the costume forever, but always felt I needed the Black Queen too.

Last edited by Setsuna (09-20-2009 06:02:40 PM)

#38 | Back to Top09-18-2009 11:14:57 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Setsuna wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

That's awesome! I wish I knew some cosplaying friends. Are any familiar with SKU?

And I'm been looking around at costumes and for me it's now between: An Egyptian Queen, Marlene Dietrich, or a zombie Geisha.

Yeah, they're familiar with SKU alright -- I make all my friends who are even remotely interested in anime watch the series. But I  did SKU one year...I might do Sailor Moon as a theme but it doesn't have very many guys....and I want to avoid cross dressing!

20 threads dead so far.

#39 | Back to Top09-18-2009 11:22:30 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I HAVE A REASON TO DRESS UP THIS YEAR.

Torrid is doing a halloween party to help promote the costumes! So on the tenth, i will be at Torrid, in a costume.

But! I'm not spending 60 bucks one one of theirs (which don't fit properly, anyway). Instead I am being a cheap and lazy mofo and dressing up as a bellydancer. I will be a smushy Rachel Brice (girl has abs that could beat the shit out of diamonds. Just saying), and it will be fabulous.

(this is the lazy option because I have all my henna shop stuff)

Last edited by MissMocha (09-18-2009 11:23:07 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#40 | Back to Top09-22-2009 11:01:36 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Setsuna wrote:

I could be Barbarella and you could be the Black Queen!

That would be so awesome! emot-dance

Right now, I'm think of going as some kind of dark military chick? Iunno.

Last edited by dollface (09-22-2009 12:01:34 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#41 | Back to Top09-22-2009 12:11:29 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

For my costume, I kinda tweaked it...since I'm taking Russian culture this semester, I figured it would be fun to go as a Russian Sailor.

The slacks are a no-prob, but it's the cap and top which are proving a bit difficult to obtain. But this is my inspiration for the moment, I printed out these photos and stuck on my tackboard.
*PicSpam Alert*
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/Lupre/pd2196592.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/Lupre/voguerussia.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/Lupre/valentinavogueausapril2005019l.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#42 | Back to Top09-22-2009 12:19:05 PM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Why the hell I can't go and spend Halloween in USA? <roars at government> emot-mad. Sounds sooo AWESOME!

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#43 | Back to Top10-09-2009 06:39:55 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Yay! I get to dress up this year! On condition that the costume is not more than 60 bucks. Thanks, mom! emot-biggrin Now then... WHAT TO WEAR?!?!?!?!!? school-sherlock

Last edited by BlackRoseVixen (10-09-2009 06:41:21 PM)

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#44 | Back to Top10-09-2009 07:22:53 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I am so ridiculously enthusiastic about Halloween. This year, I plan on attending Act Like a Zombie day, a Rocky Picture Show performance, three haunted houses, and plenty of other miscellaneous acts of debauchery. I have my make-up and assorted costume pieces ready. I'm considering Hel from Nordic mythology, an zombie classic Hollywood starlet, undead Sarah Palin, or an old-fashioned Victorian ghost.

An Egyptian Queen, Marlene Dietrich, or a zombie Geisha.

How about a zombie Marlene Dietrich? I would happily slit someone's throat just to see that!

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#45 | Back to Top10-09-2009 08:05:56 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

I definitely need to see Rocky Horror this year. It's been like 5 years since I've gone!

20 threads dead so far.

#46 | Back to Top10-09-2009 11:52:50 PM

Setsuna
Tragedian

Katzenklavier wrote:

An Egyptian Queen, Marlene Dietrich, or a zombie Geisha.

How about a zombie Marlene Dietrich? I would happily slit someone's throat just to see that!

That would be...awesome! emot-dance Me lovies zombie Lola!
Actually, I think you'd pull it off better then me. emot-smile

Sadly, however...all costumes ideas have fallen and crushed under the fact that I'm broke and am banned off eBay. So...tis up for my bro's credit card and scrimping. So I'm actually now a porcelain doll. Which is ironic considering isn't that what dollface should be? I feel bitchy for trying when she's perfect! emot-keke

But then again, this is purely for horror because the mask I got was fucking creepy, and it's going to look like a Gothic Lolita type of thing. (First time wearing a dress for Halloween.)

But yay for Rocky Horror love. etc-love (fans, please also sign the http://www.stoptheremake.com/ for it.)
Going to a theater for it is a dream when I am 18.

#47 | Back to Top10-15-2009 04:08:35 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Urrghh! I knew this would happen! I can't pick a costume! emot-gonk

A little help please?

Choices:

1. Forbidden Pirate

2. Mime

3. Sexy Countess

4. Fortune Teller

5. Masquerade Ball Queen

6. Black Rose Bride

Tell meh what you think!

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#48 | Back to Top10-15-2009 04:12:23 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

2 or 6.  2 because you look gorgeous in black and white and 6 because it's awesome, still has black, and would enable you to speak.

#49 | Back to Top10-15-2009 04:28:17 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Well, I can't help but vote for #6. I mean... yeah. etc-love

I kinda like #3 too, but this IS IRG after all.

EDIT: Oh, in case anyone is wondering, I'm dressing as Your Mom for Halloween. school-devil

Last edited by Stormcrow (10-15-2009 04:28:54 PM)

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#50 | Back to Top10-15-2009 04:29:53 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Six, definitely!

20 threads dead so far.

Board footer