This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top12-07-2006 05:40:02 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: SKU Sims

school-devilThe only thing missing is a slap-happy Nanami with lots of pet cats and a swimming pool....mhmmmmmmm! school-chef

#127 | Back to Top12-07-2006 08:46:26 AM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Sims amuse me because they have no sense of subtlety or self-preservation. Life is all about the pursuit of sex and grilled cheese sandwiches.

It's really funny to watch them react to fires, in my opinion. They just jump around in alarm and don't even have the sense to call the fire department! Well, at least the guests hopped around in alarm, Mamiya and Mikage didn't seem overly concerned...

Actually, the first time Mikage tried to cook something he caused a fire. There were a bunch of people over, but I hadn't removed the doors to the house yet so I was annoyed that he had already caused a fire. It took a LONG time for him to get another fire started after that, even though he had absolutely no book knowledge on cooking.

Mamiya's rose garden also caused a lot of trouble - for whatever reason, whenever anyone went out there, they got stuck. It didn't make any sense because there was a door back into the house, but the Sims who went out there would just wander back and forth and start griping about being tired or hungry. After the first fire the fireman even got stuck out there! Mamiya nearly got stuck, too, but I was able to get him to go back in the house with a little effort.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#128 | Back to Top12-07-2006 10:09:42 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Nope, no angry sex. The one thing I don't like about the Sims is some of the things they think should universally apply, like how people deal with sex and relationships(that and its hard to make an unrequited love without them liking you back). Even if you make both Touga and Kozue romance Sims and therefore total whores, you still have to have them interact enough to build up their relationship to at least friend level. All Touga should need is a, "Nice shoes. Wanna fuck?" realistically.

Although my Touga has the Pleasure Aspiration that came in Nightlife. I reasoned that even after his transformation by Utena, he's still going to be the snobby little connoisseur that he is. A lot of my Utena Sims are Pleasure Sims, now that I think about it. Grilled Cheese though, I have yet to try. emot-dance

Hat Mafia Member

#129 | Back to Top12-07-2006 12:54:14 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I wouldn't recommend using cheats, because unless you're using Utena sims, your interest in the game won't last very long. However, they allow you to do things like this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/TheSimWorld.jpg
This was drawn by my sister Kealdrea several months ago, shortly after I started using my Juri and Shiori sims.

Actually, Anthy and Utena never slept with the whole town, but the fact that the whole town is dead is accurate. If you were to look through Juri's memories, you would find, "Fell in Love with Shiori," "Became Best Friends With Shiori," "Did WooHoo with Shiori," "Made Out with Shiori," "Kissed Shiori for the First Time," in that order. Why? Because I can... And because I didn't care much about that pairing at the time.

With debug mode, you can make it so that people fall in love with your sims instantly. This comes in handy when sims are furious with each other. Technically you can't do angry sex, but my sims can have sex with each other and still be furious with one another afterwards. Touga and Kozue don't even have to kiss another sim to have sex with them, just as long as I use debug mode to make it so that they're in love.

#130 | Back to Top12-07-2006 02:47:28 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Kind of on-topic: anyone know where I can find regular Ohtori uniforms, for both sexes? 'Cause I'd like to use them as optional replacements for the private school uniforms in-game, if I can.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#131 | Back to Top12-08-2006 12:21:21 AM

jmie5
Precious One

Razara wrote:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen30.jpg
MORE HOT BOY-ON-BOY ACTION!

I like Saionji, but my Saionji sim has about as many problems as the real one. When I opened up my cafe, Saionji came in just so he could complain. Once, I turned my back for a few minutes, and Utena and Saionji started fighting. When they attacked each other, Saionji won, which I took as, "OhMyGodSaionjiWonIWon'tLetHimTakeAnthyAwayFromUtena!" So Utena rechallenged him and won.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen31.jpg
Cute Shounen-Ai fluff!

I think it's really cute when Grilled Cheese Aspiration sims want to make a grilled cheese for another sim. It's how they show their affection. :3

I have so got to live in your Sims universe one day.  Poor pounced Utena. emot-aaa  Poor grilled cheese loving Touga.  ... Lucky, lucky Saionji.  cool

Last edited by jmie5 (12-08-2006 12:22:52 AM)

#132 | Back to Top12-08-2006 02:44:32 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Your sister has a wacky sense of humor.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#133 | Back to Top12-08-2006 10:02:38 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

jmie5 wrote:

... Lucky, lucky Saionji.  cool

He needs to get lucky somewhere, dammit! emot-frown

I think I'd get along very well with Sims-Universe Touga. I absolutely love grilled cheese sammichs. M..maybe he'll make me one.... [heart flutters]

(This differs from actual Touga in that Touga could crave grilled cheese until he's blue in the face, but he'll still get one of his floozies to make the sammich for him. Sexist pig.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#134 | Back to Top12-08-2006 03:46:41 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I tried out some of the Aspiration Desperation actions for the first time today. Aspiration Desperation is a fancy way to say that your sim has gone crazy because the player hasn't been fulfilling enough of their "wants."

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen49.jpg
Touga bitting a piece of cardboard with a picture of a grilled cheese on it... It's a scary thing to watch.

When your sim has very low aspiration, they go crazy and do things like this. While Maxis insists that the game should be played properly, a lot of these are shown in the introduction scene... Here we have Touga bitting on a piece of cardboard with a grilled cheese drawn on it, taring at it like a dog and and a piece of meat. While this was one of the more violent actions, most of what he did with it looked more like he was fantasizing over the grilled cheese. He smelled it and kissed it, making this one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen48.jpg
The face on the ball amuses me.

Mikage is Knowledge Aspiration. When his aspiration is at its lowest, he takes out a volley ball named "Professor Von. Ball" to learn from it. He even raises his hand when he knows the answer to his own questions. Knowledge Aspiration sims are sadistic, and probably the most evil sims of them all, not to mention the craziest. They want to kill themselves and other people, all in the name of knowledge. They look at some of the most traumatizing experiences in a good light.

Mikage's Aspiration Desperation action was actually the one that started all this, because he accidentally set the house on fire again, and because it was one of his fears, he went crazy because of it. This is surprisingly realistic.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen50.jpg
Oh, my dear Kozue, look what I've done to you...

Yes, that is Kozue, and yes, she is kissing/dancing with a mop. Good 'ol Romance Aspiration sims. They sleep with anything that moves, and if it comes to it, they'll even go after mops. This is the first picture I've posted of her wearing her normal schoolgirl uniform. Personally, I think that her duelist clothes look spiffy, so she's always wearing them.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen42.jpg
(No kittens were harmed in the making of this picture.)

That's Nanami's cat Juliano. Cats can't swim in this game. If I put it over the pool, it just stands on the water. Nanami and Juliano are best friends, but behind their seemingly perfect friendship lies dark and disturbing secrets.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen44.jpg
Poor Anthy...

The first few episodes of Utena left me wondering if Anthy gets slapped in every episodes. It seems to happen a lot. I love how she dramatically stumbles off to the side to collapse.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen45.jpg
One of my favorite actions in the game.

I considered doing more to reenact this scene, but my computer was lagging, and Utena has gone missing. That's a glass of water that she threw at Anthy, if you can't tell.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen46.jpg
That's what happens when you mistreat your henchmen.

Nanami and Keiko live under the same roof... It was bound to happen. If Keiko can't stand following Nanami around all day, having to put up with her 24/7 would probably be enough to make her snap.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen37.jpg
Why do wolves hate Juri so much...?

That's Gumbo. He's a werewolf, and friends with Kozue. The three of them don't have any pets at the moment, but I would really like to adopt Gumbo. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that befriending werewolves is a good way to get bitten. Kozue was transformed into a werewolf. (*Insert wild animal metaphor here*) I was able to cure it the next morning, but I haven't played with Gumbo ever since.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen36.jpg
Kozue's winning. :0

I really, really wish that they had strip poker in this game. They had it in The Sims Bustin' Out, so I got my hopes up the first time I saw this poker table. The only kind of poker that you can play in this game is normal poker... Oh, well. Maybe someday.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen40.jpg
At least she's not painting someone getting hit by a satellite, or drowning.

I may be able to design Utena sims, but that's about as close as I'll ever get to creating Utena fanart, because I can't draw to save my life. It's really sad that I envy my own creations for being able to draw well. Anthy and Utena, can paint masterpieces that sell for $1,600 each. Painting is a limitless skill, and one that allows you to paint all sorts of things.

That was a really long post. emot-gonk

#135 | Back to Top12-08-2006 04:48:57 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Razara wrote:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen42.jpg

school-devilschool-devil Oh that Nanami, when will she ever learn.

Razara wrote:

The things Touga will do to rid himself of that damn salty taste in his mouth he gets whenever he goes to the end of the world... etc-wankdudeetc-wankdude

#136 | Back to Top12-08-2006 06:03:26 PM

A Day Without Me

Razara wrote:

I tried out some of the Aspiration Desperation actions for the first time today. Aspiration Desperation is a fancy way to say that your sim has gone crazy because the player hasn't been fulfilling enough of their "wants."

Touga bitting a piece of cardboard with a picture of a grilled cheese on it... It's a scary thing to watch.

When your sim has very low aspiration, they go crazy and do things like this. While Maxis insists that the game should be played properly, a lot of these are shown in the introduction scene... Here we have Touga bitting on a piece of cardboard with a grilled cheese drawn on it, taring at it like a dog and and a piece of meat. While this was one of the more violent actions, most of what he did with it looked more like he was fantasizing over the grilled cheese. He smelled it and kissed it, making this one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen48.jpg
The face on the ball amuses me.

Mikage is Knowledge Aspiration. When his aspiration is at its lowest, he takes out a volley ball named "Professor Von. Ball" to learn from it. He even raises his hand when he knows the answer to his own questions. Knowledge Aspiration sims are sadistic, and probably the most evil sims of them all, not to mention the craziest. They want to kill themselves and other people, all in the name of knowledge. They look at some of the most traumatizing experiences in a good light.

Mikage's Aspiration Desperation action was actually the one that started all this, because he accidentally set the house on fire again, and because it was one of his fears, he went crazy because of it. This is surprisingly realistic.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen50.jpg
Oh, my dear Kozue, look what I've done to you...

Yes, that is Kozue, and yes, she is kissing/dancing with a mop. Good 'ol Romance Aspiration sims. They sleep with anything that moves, and if it comes to it, they'll even go after mops. This is the first picture I've posted of her wearing her normal schoolgirl uniform. Personally, I think that her duelist clothes look spiffy, so she's always wearing them.

Wow... those are classics. I wish my Mikage could go crazy from setting the house on fire - he just takes showers whenever he sets the house on fire, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why, because I'm playing the original Sims, so he should flop around like the rest of the Sims when there's a fire. And Mamiya waters the flowers whenever there's a fire. It's a bit irritating - I think it must be a glitch in the game.

Geez, I'm gonna end up dropping money on a copy of the Sims 2, huh? Damn you people and your SKU Sims...

Last edited by A Day Without Me (12-08-2006 06:03:39 PM)

#137 | Back to Top12-08-2006 06:46:43 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

How exaclty do you go about making these sims?

Is it a free program? If  not, how much does it cost?

T.T

If it costs money, actually, does anyone know a program like it (you create people who interact with eachother and you can create they're personalities based on a point system) that -is- free?

Last edited by Suyo (12-08-2006 06:47:29 PM)

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#138 | Back to Top12-09-2006 01:36:45 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I... er... wow. Professor von Ball.

#139 | Back to Top12-09-2006 06:58:48 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Suyo wrote:

Is it a free program? If  not, how much does it cost?

T.T

If it costs money, actually, does anyone know a program like it (you create people who interact with eachother and you can create they're personalities based on a point system) that -is- free?

Well, in my opinion it's a bit expensive (at least in my country) about 40€ or 50€, and the expantion packs. I've got it as a present 2 years ago, but i download the expantion packs. For downloading, i preffer to use "Daemon Tools" program for installing, and you can download it from http://www.gamepcrip.com/web/buscar/abc … ms/1.html# , the webpage is in spanish, but you can install the games in english, or in your own language. There are 2 types of installing : with ISO files (burning CDs) and Daemon. You must have Emule installed for downloading both zips (and it's helpfull, because you must download the serial codes, too).

Anyways, i don't recommend you to download any, because if you don't know how to manage them, it can be confusing and you'll have many problems, probably after all you wont be able to play it if you don't know how to manage all this stuff u_uU

Edit: if you want to try it, anyways ô_o just PM me.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (12-09-2006 06:59:59 AM)

#140 | Back to Top12-09-2006 11:45:31 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Suyo wrote:

A free program called The Sims 2 Body Shop should come with the game. I'd recommend trying to find a guide that will teach you how to design them, because teaching yourself how to do it is a huge waste of time.

Giovanna wrote:

(This differs from actual Touga in that Touga could crave grilled cheese until he's blue in the face, but he'll still get one of his floozies to make the sammich for him. Sexist pig.)

Sim-Universe Touga might just influence you to make a grilled cheese for him so that he doesn't have to make it. emot-frown

onsenmark wrote:

Kind of on-topic: anyone know where I can find regular Ohtori uniforms, for both sexes? 'Cause I'd like to use them as optional replacements for the private school uniforms in-game, if I can.

Now that you mention it, why haven't I designed the male Ohtori uniform yet...? Unfortunately, you can't change the private school uniform.

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep5_index.php
Damn you, Maxis! They're talking about the newest expansion pack, and I still have to wait until February to get it.

In the newest expansion pack, you can have greenhouses, and snowball fights, and weather... You can even catch butterflies! Now I really want to play it... emot-gonk

#141 | Back to Top12-09-2006 04:39:47 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Razara wrote:

Suyo wrote:

A free program called The Sims 2 Body Shop should come with the game. I'd recommend trying to find a guide that will teach you how to design them, because teaching yourself how to do it is a huge waste of time.

Giovanna wrote:

Sim-Universe Touga might just influence you to make a grilled cheese for him so that he doesn't have to make it. emot-frown

onsenmark wrote:

Now that you mention it, why haven't I designed the male Ohtori uniform yet...? Unfortunately, you can't change the private school uniform.

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep5_index.php
Damn you, Maxis! They're talking about the newest expansion pack, and I still have to wait until February to get it.

In the newest expansion pack, you can have greenhouses, and snowball fights, and weather... You can even catch butterflies! Now I really want to play it... emot-gonk

Oh, well. I could always dress my public-school kids in the old Ohtori green. XD

And I want Seasons -- not only for the obvious reason, but also for gardening, fishing, and new careers.

Although the plant people should be a hoot, too. XD

#142 | Back to Top12-09-2006 06:52:59 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

But will you be able to design a greenhouse that looks like a birdcage?

#143 | Back to Top12-09-2006 10:00:57 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Just as long as it's something that's created in Build Mode, it should be possible. Even now, I could probably design something close to her greenhouse, though I might as well wait now that there will be a more affective method of building it.

#144 | Back to Top12-09-2006 11:18:12 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

That would be super cool.

#145 | Back to Top12-10-2006 09:40:24 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Razara wrote:

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Just as long as it's something that's created in Build Mode, it should be possible. Even now, I could probably design something close to her greenhouse, though I might as well wait now that there will be a more affective method of building it.

If you can't find everything you need to put it together, there's a forum at sims2community.com where you can ask where to find certain objects. Heck, I'm thinking about going there to find outfits for the cast of Daria, although I've been able to come damn close to how the Morgendorrfers and Lanes look in the show. Almost. XD

#146 | Back to Top12-11-2006 05:08:17 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I've been good all weekend by working on designing my sims without taking any three hour breaks to play the game. :3 But today I wanted to play it again so I could see the last two Desperation Aspiration actions for the first time.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen53.jpg
What a pretty lampshade...

When I asked myself which member of the Utena cast bases their life around pleasure, Touga came to mind. I don't actually have any Pleasure Aspiration sims of my own at the moment, but their Aspiration Desperation action certainly is amusing. In this picture, we have Touga disco dancing with a lamp shade on top of his head.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen51.jpg
Meet Shiori's new best friend, "Stick-Cup Buddy!"

The Popularity Aspiration Desperation worked well with Shiori, because the sad truth is that she isn't a very popular character. Frankly, I don't think that having a paper cup on a stick as a best friend could mess her up any worse than being best friends with Juri did. Like all of the actions in this genre, this was both disturbing and amusing to watch at the same time.

Personally, I don't like the Popularity Aspiration. I hate maintaining friendships on this game. All that friends are good for is helping you with your career. And if you don't pay enough attention to your friends, they will stalk you. I have five Utena characters that call my house every day, wondering why I haven't talked to them lately. I eventually just stopped answering my home phone. Even so, I think that I'll make Shiori the most popular person in town, just out of spite. :3

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen52.jpg
Super Sparkling Cleaning Bubbles.

When Anthy cleans, sparkles and bubbles appear. Anthy loves to clean. When I tell her to clean something, she cheers and practically skips over to whatever it is that needs to be cleaned.

#147 | Back to Top12-11-2006 09:29:06 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

You are my Sims hero, Razara.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#148 | Back to Top12-11-2006 10:59:54 PM

A Day Without Me

My love for your mad Sims skillz burns with the heat of a million suns.

#149 | Back to Top12-11-2006 11:36:05 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I can just imagine Shiori telling someone to say hello to her little friend, then whipping out stick-cup buddy.

#150 | Back to Top12-12-2006 12:42:05 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

...I need to make a stick-cup buddy to go with my never-to-be-completed Shiori cosplay.

Also, I freaking love this thread. The only times I ever played The Sims was when I was dating this one guy (all we did was screw, play the sims, and drink. (second)best relationship ever) and it always cracked me up. I loved that game. I so need to buy it when I get my new comp.

Razara, Frau Eva, Archambeau, I think you guys deserve a new level of awesomeness named after you.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Board footer